The Legacy Collection in NZ

Reaction score
Cool. I managed to score Nom Anor, Kithaba(brown Bandana), and Dr. Evazan. :)

Reaction score
I saw all them before Hexagram snapped them up but I just want to find these at retail. Nothing like the thrill of the hunt ....... which is growing increasing frustrating since no bloody store is ordering any new cases!

I thought I got lucky at Farmers Lower Hutt but no they just got in more Deleted Scene wave :(

Reaction score
I've almost got what I need now from the latest waves,(looking for a pink scar Evazan figure) but also love the hunt and like to help other collectors get what they want before the scalpers swoop.
In saying that there's certain figures that in my opinion are worth grabbing when they come available at a 'decent' price.

eg: These guys that I picked up from that same local trademe seller today :)
Not everyones taste, but a must have for myself and a couple of my collector buddies.

P.S No Auckland stores have got the new figures in yet either. (apart from one Ackl Warehouse that had one lonely case of the Malgus wave a couple weeks back)
Sounds like one Welly Farmers had a case of the same wave at about the same time, so they'll come eventually.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw all them before Hexagram snapped them up but I just want to find these at retail. Nothing like the thrill of the hunt ....... which is growing increasing frustrating since no bloody store is ordering any new cases!
oops! sorry! i only picked up the hoth luke! sorry if that's the one you wanted.. it's the only figure i've decided i want from that wave..

are they just not ordering new cases? cause there hasnt been anything new here in ages..

Reaction score
No Hex I had plenty of chances to buy them from Trade Me but my will to find these at retail still remains strong enough that I do not want to resort to Trade Me or eBay just yet.

I work just opposite a Warehouse so I can check that one frequently but even though their stocks are low they are still not ordering anything new.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah same here The Warehouses here have minimal TVC stock.. like most of them 4-5 pegwarming figures from TPM wave and there hasn't been anything new since the long gone blueray wave.. they do have a fair amount of the movie heros/clone wars new pacaging figures but... yeah.
Farmers still have a metric ****tonne of VTC but all ROTJ/TPM waves... annnnd a serious amount of the same three VTC 3 packs marked down to $24 and landspeeders and tauntauns for $25..

My Hoth Luke arrived today.. and I'm alittle disapointed with th figure.. for the reasons everyone else has already mentioned in its thread but.. he's still a pretty cool scene specific figure but isn't a definitive Hoth Luke.. so maybe shouldnt've taken up a slot in the VTC and shouldve been released with the tauntaun but...hah just slightly underwhelmed.

Reaction score
You sure? Well I'll put it this way then. I know of atleast 10 Farmers stores in the North Island that have definitely had that wave in the last couple days.
And I'm 90% sure atleast 1 Wellington Farmers had it within the last couple weeks.

Reaction score
Very sure, I visited every Wellington Farmers over the last two days and no sign of that wave.

UPDATE: Appears I lucked out as the two stores I visited yesterday got the cases today and I missed out. The stores I visited today still nothing!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some success finally.

Scored CW Anakin, Navy Commander, Hoth Luke and ANH Vader at Farmers Cuba St. Still one of each figure left over and heaps of TPM repacks. Both Malgus had already gone.

Reaction score
Add Malgus to my scores today!

Now hopefully only a short wait until the Evazan Wave. Lets just hope those TPM pegwarmers start moving so more boxes of good case assortments can start hitting.

Reaction score
Also just found the Malgus wave picked up the navy trooper was only looking for him and the hoth luke so...score. debated picking up the vader too but for someone who's trying to scale down his collecting habits and who already has an army of vaders.. decided to pass.. looks like a cool sculpt though...

annnd noticed some ******-baggery afloat... there were three Darth Malgus figures and their cards had been bent folded completely in half.. i assumed intentionally since it was only the Malgus figures like that.. but wtf...who does that...jerks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
annnd noticed some ******-baggery afloat... there were three Darth Malgus figures and their cards had been bent folded completely in half.. i assumed intentionally since it was only the Malgus figures like that.. but wtf...who does that...jerks.
Seriously?? :wtf:

Reaction score
yup! like.. fully cards ruined, bent.. i didnt have my phone with me otherwise wouldve taken a pic.. kids wouldn't do that.. cause i guess tehy wouldn't know who Darth Malgus is.. assumed it would've been done by some ******* who knew it was somewhat of a rare figure.. sucked to see.

Reaction score
I have seen that type of thing before but in the States where a peg full of the K-Mat Jodo Kast figures all had their right corners bent.

I don't get why people do this, it doesn't do anybody any favours. Sure Kids don't care but even me as a opener love the vintage cardbacks enough that I keep them after freeing the figure in the best possible shape I can.

Seems these low lives are becoming more common in NZ recently.

Update: Hex your Christchurch right? I wonder if it was that low life scumbag on Trade Me from Christchurch trying to sell off a Malgus at $65? I pissed him off by saying you could get this figure at Farmers for $20 so good luck trying to scalp it for $65! May have forced him to go protect his investment by destroying all the Malgus he saw. Pure speculation of course but interesting none the less.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update: Hex your Christchurch right? I wonder if it was that low life scumbag on Trade Me from Christchurch trying to sell off a Malgus at $65? I pissed him off by saying you could get this figure at Farmers for $20 so good luck trying to scalp it for $65! May have forced him to go protect his investment by destroying all the Malgus he saw. Pure speculation of course but interesting none the less.
yeah dude, haha i saw that on trade me.. before he lowered it down to $65 he had it on trademe for $120!

Reaction score
I saw that! Crazy!!!!

Most stores around me are just full of TPM so it could be some time before they hit my area. No Evazan wave yet and very few of the Malgus wave hit and they vanished super fast.

Reaction score
Seems to be the general way of it with the Malgus wave
So far I've only see one report of the Evazan wave, and it was the revision case.

Now this Tarkin wave. It's a serious backlog!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hope you didn't have to pay through the nose to get a hold of one Saddestmoon?

Seen a few go for crazy prices on Trade Me. I sold my extra to a fellow collector on the SWNZ forums for retails. My good dead for the week!

Reaction score
I second that. I've just flicked off 2 at retail price to other collectors this week, and will probably have another spare available soon.

Reaction score
I didn't pay retail for mine, but it wasn't hiked high in the first place. I did however use the autobid function on trademe, which resulted in a higher than average price, once auction had closed! :p

but I must say, I'm very pleased with this figure!

:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

I thought I'd let you guys know that I'm keen to pick up a Shae Vizla carded figure, when she becomes available - so if anyone ever gets a spare of these, PM me, as I'm keen!

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

:) Picked up Nom Anor the other day, from Farmers Cuba. Gotta say, I quite like this figure, and glad I found him at retail as well.

Granted: he's not the greatest SW figure design, but I still like him - and he'll do nicely carded.

Reaction score
I saw those figures, like Nom Anor and Dr Evazan and the newest skiff guard and Gamorean Guard at Farmers with their two for $30 and passed on them... saw them on trademe a few hours later being scalped, since there aren't many retail outlets in ChCh since the earthquake i figure theyre probably the same figures... scalping figures that you bought for $15 for a hugely inflated price is low... (not directed at any of you guys on the board... the "you" was directed at the person scalping.) but ugh.. scalpers suck.

And informed collectors arent going to pay that inflated price... it's gonna be impatient kids like.. when i was 13 and had a paper run and all my money went to the potf2 figures and i couldn't find the monkey Leia or Storm Trooper anywhere so bought them for $50 each from a guy scalping figures out of The Buy, Sell and Exchange..

...end of scalping rant.

There's not much worth note-ing here.. the newer waves being shippped with tpm wave is further saturating stores with figures no one wants and that they cant even get rid of by selling them for two for $30... still tones of landspeeders and the 3packs.. apart from the droids pack.. Tarkin's the only figure I'm looking for at the moment.

I'm starting to pick up Power of The Force 2 freezeframe figures momc off of ebay and that's some mad nostelgia.. got some that were particularly interesting to me like the Theatre Edition Luke Jedi.. wanted that figure for awhile cause.. i dunno, nostelgia The Special Edition was the first time I got to see Star Wars in a theatre. And a Leia/Boushh on a green potf card.. I only remember seeing that figure on the Shadows of The Empire purple card so.. that was cool to me.. and looking into potf figures alittle kicking myself because i had a ff weequay moc that i gave to a friends kid a few years ago.

Hope everyone's well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^^^ Glad to hear your enjoying the recent POTF2 freezeframers scores: nothing wrong with a little nostalgia-through-action-figure-purchasing :p Goodness knows I've done that many-at-time (and not just SW merchandise either!).

Picked up Vintage Collection Han Solo Bespin Outfit today - quite a nice figure, I reckon.

:) Otherwise, it's a bit quiet up here as well, retail-wise... Here's hoping TPM wave somehow dissipates , making wave for more newer waves (waaaay too many 'waves' in that sentence!).

Reaction score
Anyone finding anything new in store? with the last wave on tvc being available online only the only figure i'm still hunting for is Tarkin..and i havent seen him on trademe yet so.. has that wave hit?

i finally got a General Madine figure from the saga/otc line... he's a pretty cool figure and i'd been missing him from my collection for awhile.. hah and i also ebayed a bunch of the modern ewoks from Vipers Kingdom on ebay, worked out to be $25 nzd for 5 figures.. minus accessories.. but since i already have all the ewoks i plan on repainting and customising them.. hah should be fun :)

Reaction score
The Tarkin wave has had a pretty limited showing so far by all reports.

The next wave after that with the 6 Lost Line cards and 6 VC cards has begun showing in small amounts in Toy stores only so far I think. I picked up a case from Toyco St.Lukes Auckland.

Then the last wave follows that and is the one supposed to be online only. I'm still holding out hope that the 'online only' tag doesn't apply to us in NZ.
Either way I've got a preorder in to cover myself. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got my Tarkin Wave from Toyworld Coastlands but have never seen it anywhere else.

The last wave seems to be online only here too, Steve from Toyworld Coastlands hasn't got any info from Hasbro about this wave being made available to local retailers.

Reaction score
It's supposed to be still a couple months off, so it's possible that Hasbro NZ don't have info on that yet.
From what I've seen they usually get the info in pieces throughout the year, rather than a full years list at the start.

We'll know for sure soon enough though. If it turns out that we're going to get it, I'll just cancel my preorder.
If not, it'll still be cheaper than retail, so it's a win win :)

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Picked up VC Darth Vader (SW card) - finally, after what feels an age of not finding / purchasing anything on shelves...

Picked him up from Farmers, North City Plaza.

Glad to have added him alongside his ESB VC version.

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Found a ROTJ VC Stormtrooper today - purchased from Farmers Cuba Mall.

Very glad to have found this variant - looks so much better than the ESB (figure-wise), no off-colour, biege-white helmet, etc...

:) Awesome figure to have carded!

Reaction score
nothing interesting in ChCh, haven't even seen the Sandtrooper/Bespin Leia wave which I assume hit because of local trademe sellers.. buying most of my stuff on ebay, still with shipping cheaper than retail here... still exciting to find something in-store though.. and i keep checking to see if something interesting like the Ewok battlepack or the ewok scouts/at-st driver 2 packs turn up.. I mean, we did get the vtc 3 packs... y-wing's $50

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Found Dr Evazan at retail today - $19.95, from the Warehouse, Lyall Bay, Wellington!

Glad to have added him to my collection!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Scored me the Y-Wing Scout bomber with Warthog mini-rig set, on sale in Farmers for $10.00 (NZD) - which is super-cheap!!!!

A collector friend of mine, having already picked one up for himself, secured me one - and it does not disappoint one iota!

A great little vehicle and figure set - very OT-esque, and a neat little slot for an R2 unit.

Overall - I highly recommend this!

:) PS: I've been out in my garden this morning (in glorious sunshine I might add), flying this puppy around my backyard, doing sweeps over the compost, pass the lemon tree, and taking her in for a land on the deck! :p

Living the dream! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Wow! :D after what has been a loooooooooooong time of not purchasing anything Vintage, I discovered and picked up Bespin Leia today (from Farmers, Cuba Street, Wellington) - unpunched and on a great card!

Very happy to have found her -I love the Bespin cards, and hers in a great example, IMO.

Reaction score
Hey Peeps

Just an update: the new class I vehicles have started hitting Wellington - seen them at The Warehouse Kapiti, and ToyWorld Ballance Street Wellington.

Quite like the little Yoda Jedi Starfighter vehicle: makes a nice little mini-rig vehicle, IMO - although definately scaled down in terms of quality / paintwork, etc. Nethertheless, its a cool little ship, and would go nicely with other Jedi Starfighters Hasbro has produced.
The bronze Astomech dome is also a nice bonus.

Other than those vehicles, I've also seen more Angry Birds merch, and the 12-inch Anakin and Clone Trooper...