The Legacy Collection in NZ

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just a quick note in case you didn't see it elsewhere, that Wave 11 Vintage Collection with the 5 bluray deleted scenes figures is in NZ.
Don't think that it's been spotted in store yet, but it is here so could show up at any time :)

Anyone after those figures or part thereof?

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to Lando and Luke so I will be keeping my eyes peeled for those 2! Hopefully they will show up soon. The Warehouse seems the best bet as most in my area are pretty slim on Vintage figure so a re-stock is in order. Farmers is still swimming in 1st Mixed, Revenge, Clones and Menace Waves!

Reaction score
i think the only figure i'll be buying from that wave will be Cracken (sp.. the other endor rebel.) umm and maybe the MonCal pilot.

also, a question.. the vintage 3-packs..what price are they in other cities? here in chch the price seems to vary from farmers to farmers.. at one they're still at the christmas sale price of $25 and at another they're 59.95 with farmers's perma 20% off. ..not that there are any new packs out.. but i was thinking about picking up the snowTrooper, Bossek and IG88 figure pack since i didnt get those versions of both bounty hunters first time round.

here pretty much.. vintage figures with the rotj and tpm waves are in stock also some earlier figures seem to've been restocked with those waves like 4-lom.. and the blue carded legends figures look to be new waves with the legacy storm trooper and picked up a legacy zuckess figure that i was suprised to see on the legends card.

Reaction score
That pricing sounds about the same as Auckland.
Interesting that as far as I know Hasbro didn't distribute those Vintage 3-packs in New Zealand. Farmers got them from somewhere else.

Reaction score
maybe thats why we haven't seen anything restocked with new waves.. atleast here we've only had three packs the one with Chewbacca, C3PO and R2D2 the one with the Imperial Officer and Dengar and ATAT Driver and the IG88 and Bossek and SnowTrooper.

Reaction score
Yup, I'd say you're probably right about that.
And those 3 are the only ones I've seen too.

Reaction score
hey guys the return of the jedi deleted scenes wave is here! found them at the warehouse. (for chch based scummers northlands mall warehouse.) ..pegs were stocked with phantom menace figures but found the wave amoungst them.. there were one each of the five figures..i picked up Cracken and the MonCal pilot.. left the sandstorm figures on the pegs.. happy hunting guys.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up hexagram! :)

Picked up the Vintage Collection AOTCs Clone Trooper today from KMart: Porirua. I love this figure!
It's card is not necessarily the best I've seen (image-wise), but the figure is a good one - and I'm glad to have added this to my collection.

:)

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Picked up both Vintage ROTJ deleted scene Luke Skywalker (Lightsaber Construction) - from trademe, and TPM Darth Sidous today (from Farmers) - both awesome figures, with great cardbacks!

:) Very happy!

Reaction score
Nice one saddest.
Those deleted scene figures seem to be moving pretty quickly from what I've seen.
I wonder what sort of case numbers Hasbro NZ are getting of the VC figures this year. It's going to be really interesting to see how many of the sort after figures from the next couple waves that we end up seeing on the pegs.

Reaction score
yeah dude.. it was pretty good distribution-wise how we saw the deleted scenes figures pretty much at the same time as they did in the US and i had multiple chances to pick those figures up at retail.. the only vintage collection figures i haven't seen at retail here were Han Bespin and the Hoth Rebel, which i managed to pick up from local collectors anyway.. oh and the gamorian guard, which i wasn't interested in... but distribution definately seems better than it has been with previous lines, sorta leaves hope that i will be able to pick up a Hoth Luke and Imperial Deathstar trooper at retail.

at the moment here there's mostly tpm and rotj pegwarmers left on the shelves.. no deleted scenes figures left.. i keep checking to see if wave 12's out but no luck so far.

Reaction score
I think in most cases we're pretty fortunate with the availability vs the 'market' here in NZ. Seems with the collectors keeping each other informed that we usually have a good chance of timing our searches well enough to get what we want.
Despite that, from my calculations(an educated guess) it'd be wise to jump on the Deathstar trooper when you see him. It looks to me like he'll be packed in one wave only(think back to Wedge). Hoth Luke on the other hand should get at least 2 showings.

Oh, and i'm personally going to be out combing the local outlets for wave 12 and 13 from as early as say Tuesday/Wednesday next week..........

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

FYI, and as a heads-up: Whitcoulls booksellers seem to have a number of the latest Vintage waves instock: seen both the Deleted Scenes waves and TPM waves on shelves at a number of these stores in Wellington particularly.

Quite a few non-punched cards as well, if that was of interest.

Reaction score
Yes!

:D My Republic Attack Shuttle arrived yesterday!!!! Purchased this from Retrospace online.

What a fantastic SW vehicle!!!
Now my Favourite Star Wars vehicle ever - such a great design - and execution of a play-set / starship! Props to Hasbro for this one.

I purchased this primarily for the shuttle (not the play-set aspect) and it doesn't disappoint one iota!!!

:) Mega-Big Yays!

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Picked up Darth Maul and Naboo Royal Soldier today - both on great cards!!!!
From Farmers Cuba Street, as part of the x2 figures for $30.00 sale.

Reaction score
I've been doing the same hexagram. It sounds like our shipment was delayed a little, but hopefully will know for sure whether it's atleast in the country sometime soon.

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Picked up Sandstorm Leia today, from The Warehouse Tory Street, Wellington.

Glad to have found her! :p

Also - very excited about the coming Luke Hoth wave - no signs as yet - but keep your eyes peeled!!!

Reaction score
Reports of the Hoth Luke Wave showing in Aussie today, so anytime now for us..............

Reaction score
i went to a farmers today and saw that the pegs had been restocked and got slightly excited buuuuut they'd re-stocked with the return/revenge waves ...so revenge storm troopers and wickets and endor hans but no hoth luke.. i hope that doesnt mean they've skipped getting this next wave.

Reaction score
Don't know about Farmers, but I can 100% confirm that we haven't missed out on the next wave.
The following figures are in the country now, so keep your eyes peeled peeps:awesome:

Reaction score
Don't know about Farmers, but I can 100% confirm that we haven't missed out on the next wave.
The following figures are in the country now, so keep your eyes peeled peeps:awesome:
^^^

I may about to restate the obvious (so apologies in advance, if that's the case) but is that a photo of your figures??? :eek: If they are, consider me extremely envious!!!! :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
damn, I'm jelly! exciting though i'm sure i'll see them soon here... lukes tauntan requires his/her rider!

Reaction score
is anyone seeing the new wave at retail yet?

I picked up another ROTS Tie Fighter (the first release of the larger winged Tie.) So... now I have three of the blue version.. which, i prefer over the white/grey version.. one of them I have with the cockpit switched out with the cockpit from the latest legacy Interceptor.. If hasbro ever releases a Tie kitbashed with the blue wings and cockpit from the interceptor it'd be ace...

but anyway.. now i own 3 of the blue Ties.. 1 of the ToysRus white Ties and 2 of the SOTE Ties.. so that's enough for larger winged Ties. I also have 3 different versions of both the Tie Bombers and Tie Interceptors.. and Two Imperial Shuttles..

And on the Rebel side I have two of the large x-wings.. an A-wing and a Y-wing

..over 400 loose figures... the entire otc line momc..

I army built with the AOTC and ROTS Clone troopers.. have 3 different versions of the Driod tanks.. a gunship..

When does it become..... too much.. i kinda just assessed the situation.. and.. the amount of stuff that i actually have seems excessive and i think i can get rid of atleast all of the stuff from the prequels.. yup...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you got pics posted somewhere hex? Your collection sounds like quite a sight.

oh, and good luck assessing which parts you might part with. I ask myself that question every time I visit my man cave.;)

Reaction score
hah no i dont have any photos.. unfortunately due to earthquakes i no longer have a man cave and they're all in storage contaners and figures in ziplock bags.. though for may the 4th tomorrow i plan on setting up a bunch of imperial figures/vehicles and taking a photo with my 2 year old niece dressed as darth vader and rocking a comanding pose!

ha yeah and i've already decided that i'm going to get rid of everything from the prequels... which is a metric ****-tonne of loose figures and vehicles

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

:) Had an amazing haul over this past week, while I was visiting Nelson, Motueka, Takaka, and Collingwood.
Picked up (from Nelson) the following VC figures:

VC Denger
VC Hoth Leia
VC 4-Lom
VC AT-AT Commander

and when I got back to Wellington, recieved a couple of figs from trademe:

VC Battle Droid
VC AT-RT Driver

:) Very Happy!!! Has filled out a number of gaps in my collection!

And was a fantastic time tripping around the top of the South Island - probably had some of the best weather I've experienced over the past 3 months :)

Reaction score
Hey guys. You know how the Malgus wave is so far proving to be tough to find.
Well ya may want to keep an eye or 2 out for the following figures too.
(also now 100% confirmed to be in little ol' NZ) ......to be clear they haven't been seen at retail yet as far as I know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
oh man, i havent even found the malgus wave yet! I'll go hunting on the weekend and if i don't find anything i think i'll resort to ebay.. i'm only after the luke hoth and possibly the imperial but i think i can take or leave him.. and that the wave may not show up here at all.. like the han bespin/echo base trooper.. got the figures but never saw them at retail...

Reaction score
It's not quite eBay time yet Hex. There's only been one reported sighting of the Malgus wave in a NZ store, so they'll turn up.