The Legacy Collection in NZ

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Picked VC Dagobah-Landing Luke Skywalker today at KMart, Porirua, New Zealand!!!! Been hunting this figure for what seems like an age...

Had previously tried ordering him online at Fishpond.co.nz, but to no avail (order was cancelled after a month wait for stock to arrive, even though it was listed as 'In-stock'...) - so I'm happy now that I've finally found one - and it was most certainly worth the wait!!!!

Love the Vintage card, love the helmet, the new blaster, and I love the bright orange flight-suit (which is a great homage to the original Kenner figure, IMO).
Overall - this is a near perfect figure, IMO.

:) Also - picked up the VC Cloud Car Pilot - also from KMart.

Been a great couple of days for Star Wars hunting/collecting - and a nice start to the long weekend.

Reaction score
Nice. Retrospace had quite a good selection of 'older' figures available at Auckland Armageddon over the weekend just gone. POTF2, POTJ, AOTC mostly, with some OTC and Saga figures too.
Strange that out of about 6 stalls plus Toyworld that had Star Wars figures, I don't recall seeing any of the Vintage collection figs.

Speaking of which, the next VTC figures should be in NZ right about now. So it's a waiting game to see which stores get them, and when. Keep your eyes peeled. :)

Reaction score
Wow already? It seems like the Bastila Shan / Walrus Man wave only just got here. That's pretty cool but I confess I can't bring to mind what's up next before we get to the Episode 1 stuff. Is it another Vintage wave or Clone Wars? What's expected Baz?

Reaction score
Yeah that Bastilla wave came and went super fast aye. In reality the next 2 cases are a follow on from that filled with mostly repacks/revenge and ROTJ card variants. A pretty sad end to the year for a loose collector like yourself, and a pretty expensive end to the year for a carded collector like myself.

I don't think we're expecting any more Vintage before the Ep1 stuff(and Dr.Evazen/Nom Anor/Aayla...)in the new year.
I don't have any info on The CW stuff but a good guess would be another wave of Clone Wars should've arrived with the new VTC.

The Savage CW wave got released at the same time as The Bastilla Wave so if the latest shipment has arived as expected it will hopfully include some more CW.

Reaction score
Yeah that Bastilla wave came and went super fast aye. In reality the next 2 cases are a follow on from that filled with mostly repacks/revenge and ROTJ card variants. A pretty sad end to the year for a loose collector like yourself, and a pretty expensive end to the year for a carded collector like myself.
Ha, nicely put! Yeah, it's true and fortunate as I promised my wife I would be cutting back. Hasbro has made that easier lately.

I don't have any info on The CW stuff but a good guess would be another wave of Clone Wars should've arrived with the new VTC.
Cool. Thanks for the update! :)

Reaction score

I don't think we're expecting any more Vintage before the Ep1 stuff(and Dr.Evazen/Nom Anor/Aayla...)in the new year.

The Savage CW wave got released at the same time as The Bastilla Wave so if the latest shipment has arived as expected it will hopfully include some more CW.
Thanks for the update Baz :) Very much appreciated!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can confirm 100% that we now definitely have the last 2 case lots of VTC in NZ now. Labelled 2011 W5.2 and 2011 W5.5 if you tend to keep an eye out for cases on the top shelf at the Warehouse etc like I do ;)

It sounds like we should be keeping an eye on Farmers as a first port of call this time.
Anyone after anything in particular from these 2 cases?

Reaction score
Cheers for the news Baz. Good to hear the shelves and pegs will be well stocked with cool Vintage figures in time for Christmas.

Speaking for myself however, if those cases are just Revenge card variants and repacks then I think I'm sorted already with all that I need from those assortments. I'm saving my cash for the new year TPM onslaught.

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured as much Rev but thought I'd mention it here anyways incase it helps any crazy carded VTC collectors like myself :)
Here's the list of whats included:

ASST W5.2 11
JEDI LUKE Standard Repack ROTJ
BOM VINDIN Standard Repack STAR WARS
SLAVE LEIA Revenge carded
REBEL COMMANDO Revenge carded 'Dark skinned' variant as included in SDCC Death Star set
STORMTROOPER Revenge carded
WICKET Revenge carded
R-2 W/ LGTSBR Revenge carded
HAN SOLO Endor ROTJ carded
BOBA FETT Repack Variant ROTJ card (original release was ESB)
VADER Repack Variant ROTJ card (original release was ESB)
KEYAN FARLANDER ROTJ carded
TIE PILOT ROTJ carded

ASST W5.5 11
OBI-WAN Standard Repack AOTC
VADER Standard Repack ESB
YODA Standard Repack ROTS
R-2 W/ LGTSBR Standard Repack ROTJ
ARC TROOPER COMMANDER(Fordo) Standard Repack (EU)
EWOK LOGRAY Standard Repack ROTJ
REBEL BLOCKADE TROOPER Standard Repack STAR WARS
STORMTROOPER Repack Variant ROTJ card (original release was ESB)
HAN SOLO ENDOR Revenge carded
SLAVE LEIA ROTJ carded
TIE PILOT Revenge carded
BOBA FETT Revenge carded

Reaction score
Those are excellent assortments. It's great to see some of the more popular choices packed in again so folks have a second chance at nabbing those they might have missed, to say nothing of the appeal of the carded variants. Seeing how well OT stock tends to do in my area, I have no concerns about these lingering and clogging pegs. Nice one Hasbro NZ.

Reaction score
Out of that list, I'm definitely interested in the following:

ASST W5.2 11

BOM VINDIN Standard Repack STAR WARS
TIE PILOT ROTJ carded

ASST W5.5 11
ARC TROOPER COMMANDER(Fordo) Standard Repack (EU)
TIE PILOT Revenge carded

Also, I realise there are still ESB Vaders on the pegs out there (it's one I haven't picked up yet) but I'm still interested in acquiring one before it disappears forever...

:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey saddest. I have Bom and ESB Vader both case fresh unpunched that I can sell you at $15 each plus $5 to send them to you if you're interested. :)

Basically I have both those cases in their entirety and all the standard repacks apart from the Arc Trooper are spares.

Reaction score
^^^ Hey Bazzack

That could be good! :) I'm definitely interested.

While on the topic, other figures I'm also interested in (but not part of these waves) are:

Stormtrooper (ESB)
Han Solo (Bespin outfit)
Leia (Hoth outfit)
Threepio (ESB)
Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear)

Let me know if you had any of these available as well.

Reaction score
I don't have any of those, but Im pretty sure I've seen Bespin Han, ESB Stormie, 3PO, and the Echo base trooper in the last week while hunting Auckland Farmers stores.

Maybe PM me if you want me to try and get some of those for you in the coming week. Farmers 2 for $30 sale is a good time to grab them. I assume you want them as nice carded examples? Most of those will likely have a bit of shelf wear.

Let me know :)

Reaction score
Im still hunting for Bom Vindim and ARC Trooper Commander. I only saw this wave once here in Wellington and those 2 were already snapped up.

Also on the look out for Endor Han and Black Rebel Commando. Most our Farmers stores have yet to restock so I am still holding out hope of finding these guys soon!

Reaction score
How do you like your figures again stylie? Carded? Loose? etc. I can keep an eye out for you up here in Orkland if you'd like no probs.
I'm pretty sorted for the vintage line thus far(apart from wanting a proto fett MOC...and those 2 freekin little cards from the SDCC death star set), but I still enjoy the retail hunt and helping other collectors get what they want when possible.

Reaction score
I am an opener but like to keep the cards in decent shape. I wouldn't worry too much Baz, I found 2 ARC Commanders today (one to keep in each phase!) and my local Farmers still haven't restocked so I am holding out hope of finding the Black Commando and Bom soon. Just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Reaction score
Sweet as mate. Sounds like you're doing better than most on the Fordo front :)

Reaction score
Well I got a surprise today finding both new assortments at my local Warehouse up here in Auckland.
2 cases of W5.2 and a case of W5.5 had been put out in the last 2 days. :)

Reaction score
Whoa! :) Huge bumper haul for me today (early Christmas pressie!)

Received from fellow Scummer, Bazzack, a box of the following Vintage figures (all carded and in great condition):

Ponda Baba (SW)
Bom Vimdin (SW)
Darth Vader (ESB)
StormTrooper (ESB)
Echo Base Soldier (ESB)
Bastilla Shan (EU)
Arc Commander (Fordo)
Threepio (ESB)
TIE Pilot (ROTJ)

This fills many gaps in my collection - so a big Thanks to Bazzack for sourcing these for me!

Highly recommend him to all Scummers!

Reaction score
Oh, thanks for the kind words guys :)
Always a pleasure to help out a fellow collector.

I've currently got my Bothan spies on the job of finding out when NZ should be seeing the next Vintage wave. (TPM)
The only word so far is that the poop is seriously hitting the fan over the early release of that wave in the U.S.A....... Sounds like Ya wouldn't wanna be the Hasbro person that let that happen.

Reaction score
hey guys.. looks like chch is keeping up with wellington and auckland with the availability of vintage figures.. the only figures i'm hunting for are Echo Base Soldier and luke dagobah landing and the black endor solider..

Also noticed that Farmers have the landspeeder and tauntan marked down to $30.. are they worth picking up? I'm alittle hesitant because the landspeeder just isn't my favourite vehicle and i have the saga one and there isn't a hoth luke for the tauntan yet.. but at that price.. i guess i'm just waiting to be swayed..

also keeping a look out for a otc bobba fett on trademe...

A friend works at a pawn store and called me about some star wars stuff they got in and i managed to get an imperial shuttle and an otc y-wing and a rots larger winged tie fighter for mates rates.. was an awesome haul..

also noticing new waves of the legend cards with the legacy storm trooper and space trooper and death star trooper.. all at The Warehouse Eastgate if anyone's from chch and interested.

Reaction score
Sweet score to pick up an Imperial Shuttle hexagram! Definitely one of my favs, and not the sort of thing you come across very often.

Flick me a PM if you want me to hook you up a black endor soldier. I have a spare.

B

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Merry Christmas KiwiScummers! :)

Picked up the CW Seperatist Droid Speeder today. from Toyworld, Lower Hutt for $32.00 (NZD) - Down from $40.00 (as part of their Boxing Day Sale).
It's an awesome small vehicle, with good play value, and a great design - worth picking up at the sale price, IMO.

Reaction score
Also - forgot to post: Farmers Cuba Street had the ROTJ/Revenge wave hit the shelves just before Christmas.
I managed to pick up the Vintage ROTJ variant Fett. The wave also contained: Slave Leia, ROTJ Stormtrooper (with corrected helmet), Endor Han, Endor Trooper (variant), as well as Bom Vindim, and an Ewok (I think it was Wicket, but I could be wrong).

Not sure how much of that wave is now left after all the shopping mayhem... but it's a good sign that this wave will now be hitting stores.

Reaction score
Hey Bazzack, sorry i didn't get back to you sooner on the revenge endor solider.. managed to find one at retail..

thought i'd share for any chch scummers.. the phantom menace wave of vtc figures are at toy world 'home base' cmplex with bunnings warehouse ect in shirly. didn't pick any up as i'm only buying OT but they had the vehicles as well.. the pod racers and retooled aat. the vtc figures are $25 and vehicles were $70.

they also had the Movie heros/Discover the force new packaging figures and mini vehicles like the stap and all.

Reaction score
went to Toyworld tower junction in CHCH today and they also had pegs filled with the vintage phantom menace wave and MH figures.. had a look at the mini-rig vehicles and the only one they didn't have was the yavin ground crew & transport.

they still had a lot of the newer Tie Bomber.. still for 99.99 and farmers stores here also have it for the same price.. They've been out for awhile and no one's buying them... anyone know why stores here don't clearance items like the way you hear about US stores doing? I saw the Tie Bomber on MightyApe last month marked down to $40... it was out of stock the next time i went back online to buy it.. i own the previous bombers but woould've picked the new one up at $40.. or if it was significantly marked down from 99.99.. but, if they're not selling.. why dont they just clearance them?

the local farmers also has one legacy attack on endor battle pack with han, r2d2 and the rebel biker scout and imperial still priced at $59... guess it's a bummer that they dont clearance things..

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Picked up VC Prototype Armour Fett yesterday, from an online trader! It is awesome!

Great card, great figure, awesome weapons - love the Concussion Grenade Launcher weapon that comes with this (Often missing from other Fett releases).

Very Happy! The circle is near completion!

:p

Reaction score
they definately had Darth Maul and sith-speeder a Clone Trooper with a rots barc speeder and a Battle droid with Stap.. i dont collect clone wars stuff so had to google the y-wing scout and the packaged photos do look familiar but i'm not sure.. i'll have a look within the next couple of days though..

was also at a warehouse today and phantom menace figures and MH line all in abundance.

with the vintage line almost being completed.. and the recent legacy/saga legends lines... i was thinking that my collection feels semi complete.. like i have a lot of definative versions of the characters.. the only figures i'm really waiting on are a good Hoth Luke and any Imperials they release.. updates on Tarkin and Piet would be awesome.. ooh and a good rotj chewie.. and the non-bearded variation of the legacy hoth rebel trooper

still things that i wont be able to pass on if they turn up on trademe or retail again like the larger winged tie fighter.. with a preferance for the blue version.. but other than that..pretty complete feeling..

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you want a good ROTJ Chewbacca try and track down the first Vintage Collection Chewbacca from 2004. That is a great sculpt and one of the best Chewbaccas from Hasbro.

So just a run down of what you can find at the moment
Movie Heroes Wave 1, Clone Wars Wave 1 and The Phantom Menace Vintage Wave 1 seem to be everywhere. Movie Heroes Wave 2 seem to just be at Toyworld and maybe K-Mart according to some reports. Waves 1 of the Class I and II Fleet Vehicles seem to be everywhere as well. Biggest surprise is the 3D Discover The Force sub line at various Farmers stores, just reports of the 12 figure set so far but not the Vehicles or Battle Packs. Of course all the usual Role Play and Masks seem to be all over the place as well for the kiddies!

So good hunting everyone hope you all find what your looking for!

Reaction score
Thanks for the round-up Stylie. :) I'm looking forward to getting out this weekend and maybe doing some shopping if I can find those DTF figures at good prices. Farmers seems to be still running their awesome perpetual 20% off toys sale (now called a Waitangi Weekend Sale), so that bodes well. Good luck fellow kiwi Scummers.

Reaction score
Which Mini-Rig vehicles did they have?
Any sign of the CWs Y-Wing Scout and Warthog figure, by any chance?
yo had a chance to go back and they don't have the y-wing scout.. that and the yavin troop transport don't seem to be at retail at all yet.

found a farmers that were clearancing a few star wars things.. they had the Tie Bomber for $60 which i passed on since i own the previous versions and that when it was still instock Mighty Ape had it down to $40 at one stage.. did manage to score a legacy Shield Generator Assult battle pack for $40 with 20% off though which i was suitably stoked about..

Also they had the rotj (slave leia, tie pilot, endor trooper, b-wing pilot) wave on "return" cards.

Reaction score
yo had a chance to go back and they don't have the y-wing scout.. that and the yavin troop transport don't seem to be at retail at all yet.

found a farmers that were clearancing a few star wars things.. they had the Tie Bomber for $60 which i passed on since i own the previous versions and that when it was still instock Mighty Ape had it down to $40 at one stage.. did manage to score a legacy Shield Generator Assult battle pack for $40 with 20% off though which i was suitably stoked about..

Also they had the rotj (slave leia, tie pilot, endor trooper, b-wing pilot) wave on "return" cards.
Thanks for checking, and for the update! :) Much appreciated!

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Just picked up VC Quinlin Vos today, from a mate! What an awesome TPM figure he is as well - loving him on the Vintage Card as well!!!!

:) Extremely happy!!!

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Picked up (loose) both Cade Skywalker and Darth Talon from the Comic Pack series - both with all their accessories.

Been looking for both of these for a long time, so was great to have snagged these through Trademe.

Kewl stuff!

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Picked up the Sith Infiltrator this afternoon, from Farmers, Lower Hutt - on sale, and priced at $41.00 (20% off).

This is an awesome vehicle, IMO - and I'm not put off by it's scale whatsoever. Sure, it's not BMF - but I'm glad it's not - as this sized vehicle does just fine, IMO.
First thing I did (once assembled) was get out my TPM Darth Maul speeder figure, and place him in the cockpit (good fit as well).

It looks awesome, great paint-job, mold, etc... and a rather unique design for Hasbro to produce (considering all the various Jedi Starfighters of late).

:) I'm so glad this was re-released, and that I've now acquired it!

Happy Camper! :p

Last edited: