The Legacy Collection in NZ

Reaction score
Re: The Vintage Collection/The Clone Wars in NZ

Hey Peeps!

Not Star Wars, but something collectors may or may not be interested in: after a year of waiting, Avatar action figures finally hit the shelves, here in Wellington NZ!!!

I was so surprised to see that Toyworld, Ballance Street, had shelves of Avatar action figures (3 3/4 inch and 7-inch figures - however no vehicles).

They were part of a 'closing down' shipment (EDIT: ie: clearance/last stock - no to be confused with the shop's status, which is not closing down anytime soon).

The 7-inch figures are advertised as $39.99, while the 3 3/4 inch figures are $19.99 - however, these are going on sale shortly and the prices will be dropping to $10.00 for the 7-inch figures, and $5.00 for the 3 3/4 inch figures - so if anyones interested, go down to Ballance Street and ask about when the sale's happening.

Reaction score

^^^

No, Ballance Street Toyworld is not closing down, but that was the term used to describe the Avatar stock - part of a closing down shipment - ie: clearance stock, etc.

Sorry - I should have made it clearer in my post - even though that was the term used to describe the stock, it doesn't have anything to do with the store's status.

Reaction score

Shame they aren't including the vehicles/beasts as those are arguably the highlights of the Avatar toy line, but still coool that those are actually coming here now, and at great sale prices too. Thanks for the headsup!

ROTJ appears to still be shipping. I found two near complete cases worth at Farmers Cuba Mall in Wellington on Saturday. The only figures missing were the two Gams. I scored an extra Wicket for myself, but sure do wish they were still 30% off!

The really cool thing for collectors was that someone there must have appreciated what a big deal the punched/unmpunhced thing is to some pepole, because while all the other SW figures, including older vintage waves, were pegged, the freshly unpacked ROTJ figures were stacked respectfully on a shelf next to the others, with their punch-plugs intact. I'm an opener so it means nothing to me, but for carded collectors that's really neat.

Farmers in Kilbirnie also had fresh ROTJ stock, though it was a little more picked over. Still an Ewok and Ackbar available there though.

Reaction score

Found The Clone Wars Embo, Shaak Ti, Boba Fett and R4-P17 at Farmers Queensgate.

No Mando Warriors but since I have the battle pack I am not to fussed with finding this figure. Awesome wave though not a bad figure in the bunch!

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
Just read on SWNZ that the AOTC TVC wave has been spotted at Farmers in Auckland. Keep your eyes open folks.
sweet. Haven't seen any in Wellington yet but my eyes are peeled!

Reaction score

Farmers Kilbirnie had a full case worth of AOTC figures on their pegs on Sunday morning. I am already sorted for my needs from this wave thanks to a trade deal so I passed on them. As far as I know they're still there waiting for the next guy. Gotta say, they are a very nice looking collection of a figures in person.

Reaction score

Finished my AOTC set today by finding Padme, Zam and Jango at Farmers Upper Hutt.

Strange how these small stores have put the cases out yet the bigger (and usually better) stores like Cuba Mall and Queensgate have not.

Great bunch of figures, a solid follow up from the amazing ROTJ wave!

Reaction score

Well after being absent from the hobby for quite awhile, mainly due to new figures/vehicles not getting down here but life and other stuff happening as well...
Due to the ChCh earthquake and losing my job because of it.. i've had a lot of free time.. rediscovered collecting and went on a rather extensive online star wars shopping spree...

after being out of the hobby for awhile was excited to see there was a new ATST bought one of those and a OCTUPTARRA driod and a lot of 5 of the new Tie pilots from ebay seller Tunghori.

and at Famers Northlands mall (only mall left open here) found the new vintage collection SandTrooper and ATAT Commander.

Noticed the new Tie Bomber also at farmers for $100 ..passed at that price, I dont think i'm going to buy much more at retail here i cant really justify paying the marked up price to myself...

Reaction score

Welcome back to the hobby Hex! I'm sorry it's under such sad life circumstances that you've rediscovered it and hope you're able to secure a new job soon, but at the very least I hope this stuff brings you some joy.

If you want to explore some more NZ SW collecting, I'd recommend checking out SWNZ as well. A few of us post over there too.

Reaction score

Hey Peeps!

Picked up Vintage collection Zam Wessell and Jango Fett the other day, off a fellow wellington collector.

Zam is an awesome figure to have carded (if that way inclined).

Very happy - and got them for $15.00 a piece, so a good purchase overall.

Reaction score

Greetings! Nice to see a little piece of NZ on this forum.
I've just arrived and am trying to get myself familier with the surroundings.

Reaction score

Hey Peeps!

Yes!
Yesterday I picked up Embo - at Farmers, in Levin.

I've been looking for him for some time now - and am elated I finally found him!!!!

He's my favourite CW figure to date!

Yays!

Reaction score

He certainly is!

After sitting on the fence (and finding so many other cool non-SW purchases of recent), I decided to purchase Han Solo (Echo Base Outfit), from Farmers Cuba Street.

The head-sculpt could be better, but overall I'm glad I picked it up. He looks good in the jacket, and comes with interesting accessories - so it made sense to get him while still available.

Reaction score

Hey Peeps!

Yes!
Today I found Han Solo (Yarvin Ceremony) today - at The Warehouse, Petone - for $19.99 (NZD).

Glad I found this - I love all the VC ANH Star Wars cardbacks - and am glad to add this particular Han to my collection.

Other Vintage Collection figures on the shelf (in this wave) consisted of:

Gree (ROTS)
R5-D4 (ANH)
Yoda (ROTS)
Stormtrooper (ESB)
Luke (ANH)

The Warehouse Lower Hutt also had Endor Capture Luke (in a crushed packet) so if you're not worried about packaging, check it out.

Reaction score

Hey Peeps!

Forgot to mention this: I recieved my 'small head' version Han Solo 12-inch Gentle Giant Jumbo action figure last Tuesday - very pleased!

These things are huge!!!! Not sure if my wall can't hold the thing up!

Love the cardback as well! If you're into the nostalgia of the 3 3/4 inch line, you'll love these oversized figures.

Purchased mine from Retrospace.co.nz - for about $120.00 (NZD) - paid it off last year, as a lay-by-esque purchase.

Overall, I'm one very happy customer

Reaction score

Hey Peeps!

Yesterday, I picked up both x2 Vintage Collection Luke Skywalker figures: Death-Star Escape and Jedi Knight Outfit.

Got them both on sale at Farmers Porirua, in North City Plaza - for $15.99 each!

Glad to have obtained them both at discounted prices!

Reaction score

Scored most of wave 6 of the vintage Collection.

Got General Lando, Weequay, Nikto Jedi, Dagobah Landing Luke and AT-RT Driver. Missed out on the AOTC Clone but good to see this wave starting arrive in stores.

All brought at K-Mart.

Reaction score

Nice one.
Farmers in Kilbirnie, Wellington, had a full wave 5 ensemble when I checked there on the weekend: Luke, Stormtrooper, R5 etc.

Reaction score

Hey Peeps!

Picked Commander Gree up today, on the Vintage Card! I must say, he's one of the better Vintage Carded prequel characters, IMO.

I think I like all the green he's packaged with!!!

In other news: I also recieved my 12-inch Princess Leia Gentle Giant Jumbo action figure!
Very kewl figure this is!

Been a great month for me, in terms of SW acquisitions!!!

PS: If people are still looking for Senate Guards, or Zam Wessels, go to Farmers Upper Hutt, in Maidstone Mall. They had at least x2 of each of these figures on the shelves.

Reaction score

I think everyone has had there fill of the ATOC wave. Way over shipped IMO and not enough ROTJ wave to boot.

Saddestmoon did you see the SDCC announcement from Gentle Giant about the Vinyl Cape Jawa Vintage Jumbo figure. That one looks to be a winner. I don't collect the line but even I might try and get one of these!

Reaction score

^^^ Yeah - I'd agree: The AOTCs wave is still clogging the pegs.

I did hear about the vinyl caped Jawa SDCC exclusive - that would be a fantastic jumbo fig to have!

There's also one more figure I would love to see GG produce: a Jumbo Luke Skywalker in X-Wing Outfit - that would be my holy grail jumbo figure, if the line ever continues...

Stylie - let me know if you see any more Dagobah Landing Luke figures - that is one I would love to get hold of!

Reaction score

Hey Peeps!

Yes!
Picked up R5-D4 today!!!!

He's a great little droid - and looks nice on the Vintage cardback.

Reaction score

Found Bespin Han, Barriss Offee, Rebel Fleet Trooper and Logray from Wave 7 and AOTC Clone Trooper from Wave 6 at Warehouse Upper Hutt!

ARC Trooper and Bom Vimdin were already gone but these figures are starting to appear in Wellington so keep those eyes peeled!

Reaction score

Heads up Welly Peeps!

New Vintage Collection Three packs spotted at Farmers Cuba Street yesterday (if you don't mind braving these chilly temperatures) - can't recall the exact price, but they were under $50.00.

They had the SW Android set - featuring Threepio, Artoo, and Chewie; an ESB Imperials set - featuring a gray Imperial Officer, Dengar, and an AT-AT Driver - and they also had another set (can't recall the name) which featured IG88, A Snowtrooper and another fig (which I can't remember for the life of me).

Just the three different sets - personally speaking, nothing I would go out of my way to purchase, but nice to see something new on the shelves...

Happy Hunting!

Reaction score

Hey Peeps!

New on the shelves at Farmers Queensgate Lower Hutt: the Vintage Packaged Y-Wing vehicle, for 3 3/4 inch line - $99.00.

There was at least 8 of these on the top shelf at Farmers Queensgate.

Didn't pick one up myself - but if interested, get to the Hutt!

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Picked up Vintage Collection Rebel Trooper and B-Wing pilot figures from MightyApe on Friday - awesome figures! :)

Also noticed both TaunTaun and LandSpeeder vehicles were out on the shelves at Cuba Street Farmers last week - however checking today, the landspeeder had flown off the shelves already...

Reaction score
Also noticed both TaunTaun and LandSpeeder vehicles were out on the shelves at Cuba Street Farmers last week - however checking today, the landspeeder had flown off the shelves already...
Yeah, that was partly my fault - I grabbed one of each on Saturday and I think I got the last Landspeeder. There were still a couple of Tauntauns left when I'd bought mine.

Reaction score
Yeah, that was partly my fault - I grabbed one of each on Saturday and I think I got the last Landspeeder. There were still a couple of Tauntauns left when I'd bought mine.
Well-played Rev! :) It's all good - I wasn't worried (as I haven't decided whether or not to pick the landspeeder up yet) and I didn't have the mulah for it either anyway, but was interested to see if they would still be there on Saturday.

Would you recommend picking one up?

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Rev! :) I picked this up today from Farmers Cuba Street for $45.00 (with the Labour Weekend sale - 25 % off all toys).
It looks amazing!!! So worth picking up - and considering I'm a sucker for Vintage packaging, it ticks that box as well!

:) Thanks for the recommendation!