The Legacy Collection in NZ

Reaction score
Woohoo! First TLC post in NZ!

The Droid factory 2-packs are here guys! Go get them from your local Warehouse branch. I found all six (and plenty of them) at the Warehouse Rongotai in Wellington. They had heaps. These sets are really cool, but be warned, someone is making a killing because they are NZ$35 each!!!!!!! That's insanity. In the USA they are only US$10.

Call me cheap, but I can't afford $210 to pick up all six locally, so I'll be importing them with thanks to my US based trade buddies. $35 each is too much, as cool as these are.

Reaction score
Some new finds today. Saw The Force Unleashed Commemorative Collections at both the Warehouse Petone and Lower Hutt price was $44.95 I think I didn't buy them but if your into new Troopers then these are some cool looking sets, the Shadow Troopers look very cool that come with Palpatine.

Also if you didn't get conned into buying the Droid Factory sets at full price the Warehouse has marked them down to $24.95. A bit easier to sallow.

Reaction score
Nice find.
We're doing well for US retailer exclusives at present aren't we gang? Thanks Hasbro NZ!

I gotta say that the Emperor and Shadow Stormtrooper TFU Commemorative set is actually pretty nice looking. I may be tempted by that one.

The Droid Factory sets are also a whole lot more palatable at $25. Good move on the part of The Warehouse. I don't know whether that still qualifies as fitting their motto of "where everyone gets a bargain" but it's way better than $35 each!

Reaction score
Oh wow, looks like these TFU 3-packs aren't coming out Statesides for 3 months!!!! We got lucky guys. I'm gonna offer to pick them up for USers if they don't mind paying NZ retail + shipping for them.

Reaction score
okay not legacy collection related but i was at kmart the palms mall in christchurch and nothing in the toy department but where they have all the clearance, stuff that they're trying to get rid of... found three endor AT-AT's priced for $109.90 the boxes were pretty dinged up and they also had one of the jedi evolution packs that the box was almost completely crushed.. i bought one of the AT-ATs and was carrying it out of the mall a dude stopped me and asked where i'd found it and how much so i pointed him in the right direction and he also couldnt believe it.. when they retailed here with the power of the force 2 they were around the $400 mark...
i checked trademe and there's one up on auction for the starting of $110... so maybe its not isolated to that particular kmart... ummm hit em up

GNT

Reaction score
hexagram said:
okay not legacy collection related but i was at kmart the palms mall in christchurch and nothing in the toy department but where they have all the clearance, stuff that they're trying to get rid of... found three endor AT-AT's priced for $109.90 the boxes were pretty dinged up and they also had one of the jedi evolution packs that the box was almost completely crushed.. i bought one of the AT-ATs and was carrying it out of the mall a dude stopped me and asked where i'd found it and how much so i pointed him in the right direction and he also couldnt believe it.. when they retailed here with the power of the force 2 they were around the $400 mark...
i checked trademe and there's one up on auction for the starting of $110... so maybe its not isolated to that particular kmart... ummm hit em up
Lol Kmart here got them in for the recent Toy Sale that just ended, they were going for AU$49.95 a piece which is cheaper then the normal size vehicles or around 3 figures

Reaction score
whoa that's awesome im gonna have to have a look for these and pretty awesome timing that i just got tax back of almost a grand..

it's cool that these are getting here, im undecided on em i'll have to have a look if i find them.. i dont really have any problems with the potf2 falcon... wanted the AT-TE but after seeing the photos im not sure.

Reaction score
Keep your eyes peeled guys! The NZ street date for the CW and TLC stuff here is the end of this week so we should start seeing lots more stuff showing up in the coming days!

Reaction score
found the new falcons and at-te at farmers, bought the at-te $250 it's pretty cool as a display piece.. the leg issues that have been talked about in its thread are valid they hardly hold the toy up.. putting the preasure on it to press its buttons is enough to pop its legs out and colapse it.
over all though its pretty cool and awesome to finally have in toy form..

i'm not too in to its paint job hell wanna like repaint it to a more film acriate standard...

oh the clone trooper's pretty awesome aswell.. i'm digging the animated design

Reaction score
I saw the AT-TE out in the back stockroom of Toyworld Lower Hutt so I know they will have them but most places around here seem pretty smart to the August 1st street date despite the boxes clearly stating a 26/07 street date.

Couldn't make out much of what else they had other than Clone Trooper Voice changers and some Galactic Hero assortments.

The Warehouse Lower Hutt has cleared their small Star Wars section but if thats all the space they are allocating to The Clone Wars it will be a pitiful display. They need to clear where they have the Transformers movie toys and use that area!

Reaction score
So any Wellingtonian scummers heading to the Balance Street Toyworld opening tomorrow morning at 7.30am? I plan to. I'll be there with my little blonde four year old daughter so keep up look out for us and come say hi.

Reaction score
I may go in but I won't be there at 7.30 thats for sure! May try and get in for 8.30 a just a bit after but I will just be in and out as I have to start work at 11 so I won't be able to enjoy all the purchases I make!

Reaction score
Hey Wellingtonian SW Peeps!

I'm gonna try and make it for 7:30AM - just wish this was happening on a payweek - so I'll probably be window-shopping for the most part - such is life!

Looking forward to it! C U guys there!

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Its a Little After 6am! And im Up! Went to Toyworld Sylvia Park Last Night! It was All Set up and Covered With Lots of Blue paper!

Anyway I Managed to Get Myself Some Posters! I got the One with all the Action Figs from the Legacy Collectin, A movie poster and 2 of the Clone Wars A3's they Both Have a Different Picture! They are Pretty Wicked!

Happy Hunting today!

Reaction score
Well that was fun! Nice to see other SW collectors up early and enjoying the fun of the event. My daughter and I attended the Wellington Toyworld Balance Street CW & TLC launch this morning and bumped into Saddestmoon, who is actually quite a happy guy in person - congrats on the recent muptuals SM!

The good folks at Toyworld laid on free coffees and cookies for those of us waiting outside (it was a while before they opened the doors - probably after 8am in the end). Three 501st Stormtroopers were in attendance, which was great and a delight to young and old fans. The first half dozen or so of us there were also given TLC posters and free passes to the CW movie preview on August 13th!!!

Once inside the doors it was awesome to se all the new goodies in person. Surprisingly, there appeared to only be two cases of TLC available, which didn't go far, but the CW figures were more plentiful, and the very kind folks at toyworld were asking people what they had missed out on and offereing to courier that stock in from other branches the same day for them - very good service!!!

When it looked like someone had beaten my daughter to the only Ewok 2-pack available, they even gave here a pair of Sylvanian Families figures free to put a smile back on her face. What lovely people.

Hasbro had folks in attendance as well and there seemed to be plenty of AT-TEs and BMF Falcons. A competition is also being drawn today to win one, which is a fantastic give away. I hope one of us Kiwi Scummers wins it!

And just to top it all off, as we were preparing to leave I spotted an Ewok 2-pack that someone had put back on the pegs, so my daughter got her Leektar and Nippet toys after all and was very, very happy.

All in all it was a great event and I want to thank the Toyworld team, Hasbro NZ and the 501st guys, who must have been cold, for making it such a fun event.

Reaction score
Well the Auckland Event was Much The same as Wellington!

The Exception was we had TV3 there doing the weather live LOL! We also had The Edge Radio Station who i scored a Free Captian Rex From!

The 501st Guys looked great, we had a Princess Leia Who looked Stunning! A Boba Fett, Darth Vader, A Couple of Amidala's, Stormtrooper and Jedi! Lots Of Hasbro and Toyworld Staff! Coffee, Muffins and Mini Savories!

About a Dozen or So Fans Turned up. They Were also Giving away A BMF and Movie Passes I didn't Accept a Offer for free Pass's As i work Sunday's and thats when the Preveiw Was! Oh Well!

My Credit Card is Hurt! But i have Great New Toys! Although i saw all of the Figures from the First 2 Waves i never Saw a Padme in the Snowsuit! i even had a Quick look at the Warehouse But Nope!

i also Picked up a couple of the new Galactic Hero's, Plo and Shaak Ti Also They had a heap of re-packs which is great because i found Kit Fisto which i have wanted for ages!

All in all a great morning with lots of Goodies!

Reaction score
the warehouse at northlands mall in christchurch has the first waves of the legacy and clone wars collections... also had the new pilots evo sets..

Reaction score
hexagram said:
the warehouse at northlands mall in christchurch has the first waves of the legacy and clone wars collections... also had the new pilots evo sets..
Is that the first Rebel Pilots set or series II?
I have seen heaps of the first Rebel Pilots set with Ten Numb/JAnsen and the Female X-Wing Pilot but none of set 2 which is the one I am really after.

I thought with the Imperial Pilots sets out we would have seen this and the Padme set but so far only the 2 new sets and 4 repacks.

Also anyone gutted we didn't get the Homing Spider Droid and V-19 Torrent? I was really looking forward to those ships, granted the Falcon and AT-TE did make up for that!

Reaction score
Great to hear everyone's enjoyment of Friday mornings' events.

It was fun being down at Wellington's Toyworld, with all the hoopla and guys in stormie outfits - awesome! It was great seeing RevStrone and his daughter. Rev - Thanks for the congrats - glad your daughter got the ewoks in the end!

The one figure I kept an eye out for, Captain Rex, didn't appear on the shelves when I first looked, but just as I was about to leave, I managed to find one, and it had a "First Day of Issue" sticker on it as well. This is quite a kewl figure - I like the new Phase I clone trooper helmet design as well, in the animated look. I actually prefer it to the realistic clone helmet design.

A great morning it was! Toyworld and Hasbro put on a great time - yay!

Reaction score
um i was very hungover so wasn't assessing the situation too great but ummm it was the one with an x-wing pilot that used the votc x-wing luke body and umm a snow speeder pilot and the b-wing pilot.

i looked for the padme set but couldnt see it..

the imperial pilots set is pitiful.... i didnt really look to see if the rots clone pilot was a new version or just the lame rots version repacked... the tie pilot bigs looked like ummm he has an open helmet like the part on the tiefighter helmet that has the visors cut away.. weird..

that warehouse store had a pretty impressive end cap display, like cardboard cut out clone troopers "guarding" it they didn't have any vechiles just figures and voice changers and galactuc heros

Reaction score
Plenty of figures available at The Warehouse here in Rongotai, Welly. I was there on the weekend and they had two endcaps full of toys - one dedicated to TLC, they other CW.

TLC's endcap was full of wave 2 (CW Microsereies) figures and plenty of all of them inlcuding Padme (let me know if you want me to pick one up for you) and Evolutions sets ($50 each- pretty good for EVO sets in NZ). Basic figures were $20 each. New Galactic Heroes were present in good numbers too.

The CW end cap had loads of wave 1 and curiously these figures were only $18 each. Loads of Clone Helmet voice changers and sabers too, but no vehicles that I could see.

Still plenty of 30th Anniversary stuff in the regular SW spot down the aisle too- Droid factory 2-packs, still reduced to $25 each, some comic packs, TFU Commemorative 3-packs, lightsabers and Galactic Heroes.

Farmers meantime (I hit a couple of stores around Wellington) had only the AT-TE out - all other figures and SW merch that I could see was olf 30th Ann. stuff- mostly wave 1.

Reaction score
Some new Legacy/Clone Wars finds for me last night.

Brought Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol, Hoth Recon Patrol and Speeder Bike Recon Battle Packs at Farmers Lower Hutt for $41 each. Great price I think since you get either 5 figures or 2 figures/2 vehicles per pack and all are really great sets. I have to say I am a big fan of the Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol set!

Best get them now while Farmers have 30% off toys!

Reaction score
So who is buying the McDonalds Happy Meal toys at the moment. I have always been a fan of the Fast Food Promos for Star Wars so I am buying these toys.

So far I have Anakin, Ventress, Vader and Padme. Going to try and track the rest of the US toys down as well. The toys themselves are kind of neat, I really like the Vader with Breathing sound effect!

Reaction score
Farmers Lower Hutt have restocked their Legacy Collection figures with more Wave 2 and for the first time ever in New Zealand (that I have seen) Saga Legends!

I picked up SL 10 Super Battle Droid because this was one of my favorite figures from TAC aside from the holes in the chest which Hasbro has fixed up for this release making this THE best Super Battle Droid figure ever. A perfect Army Builder!

I also saw Plo Koon (Repack of ROTS), General Grievous (Repack of Saga Collection), Obi-Wan Kenobi (Repack of TAC), Clone Trooper (Repack of SA AOTC Trooper) and Destoryer Droid (Repack of ROTS) but none of them interested me.

Also this weeks Happy Meal Toys are Yoda and Captain Rex. I tell you I am getting a bit sick of McDonalds but only 1 more week to go (I hope!).

Reaction score
Not Legacy news but new enough. Picked up the Force Unleashed game for the PS3 today. Great game loads of fun using force grip to toss your opponents in all directions!

Also got the free Stormtrooper Commander with the purchase from EB Games. Had to drive up to Coastlands to get it as all the Wellington stores had sold out of the figure and I didn't even know we were going to be offered this figure in NZ but glad we did and very happy I managed to snag one for my collection!

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything concrete about the CW series airing here in NZ? I heard some rumours a while ago about TV3 picking it up, and then Cartoon Network NZ, and then Sky, but none of them have panned out so far and none have the show listed on their October schedules. Anyone out there know anything?

Reaction score
I was told by a Hasbro Rep at the Star Wars toy launch at Toyworld that the show will start in November on TV3 so lets hope that pans out to be true.

No biggie if it doesn't pan out as I am sure I would have downloaded and watched all the Episodes before they air here anyway!

Reaction score
That was what I was told too, but in more recent word, a friend of mine who addressed it directly with TV3 was told they might not get it till 2009 now.

I'm not waiting that long for someone to get their act together. Like you, I'll make my own alternative arrangements...

Reaction score
Found Legacy Wave 3 today.
I really wanted the Death Star Droid B.A.D but the figures in this wave are pretty average.

I like Holographic Dooku but I really like Holo figures which are not for everybody. The Coruscant Clone Trooper is also very good but just another Clone repaint.

The rest are blah, Jodo Kast is terrible and uses the old Boba Fett with action feature mold. Imperial Enigineer is just a grey Death Star Gunner, rather bland to say the least. Yaddle and Even Piell are slightly updated repaints but if you have the first versions these are not worth getting and same goes with the Selucamai Trooper which is just a clean Commander Neyo.

If it wasn't for the B.A.D I would have skipped all this wave bar Holo Dooku and Courscant Clone.

Also watched the first 3 episodes of the Clone Wars. Very cool thus far with the 3rd episode the highlight so far.

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Found Phase one Commander Cody today - at Toyworld Ballance Street - and there was another out on the pegs.

I quite like this version of Cody - infact, all the Phase one clones look best, IMO. Couldn't find any Phase One Oddball - hopefully, there will be more to come!

Reaction score
Picked up The Clone Wars Ahsoka, Cody, Super Battle Droid and Oddball at Toyworld J'Villie today. Got my pick from the case seems like all the figures are 2 per case apart from Oddball which looked to be at only 1 a case which is a pain since I would like a few of these to put in the V-19, AT-TE and Republic Gunship. Oddball seems to be just the normal Clone with a new helmet sculpt, pretty nice since all the Clones in this line are SA.

Cody is a excellent figure, just as good as Rex. Ahsoka is cool too and comes with a neat little Rotta the Huttlet figure.

Super Battle Droid is average, missing important articulation at the knees and ankles and has few small flimsy legs which I just can not see being able to support the large heavy torso.

Reaction score
Hey Steve!

I also picked up Oddball today from J'Ville Toyworld. I quite like him. Didn't pick up any of the others - but I would like to when the money allows...

Good to see more waves turning up.

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that at The Warehouse, comic packs have jumped up to $40 now??? That makes them the same price as the Evolutions sets, which are/were reduced to $40 from $50 I believe.