The Legacy Collection General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I saw these at TRU Express (Folsom Outlets) in Folsom, CA over the weekend. I don't normally pay attention to 3.75 figs but the cardbacks caught my eye. I thought they were new until I just saw the backstory about them on the front page.

Aah. But were these the recarded Black series figures or the Amazon 6-pack???

TRU were getting shipments of that. And its been widely reported.

These newly discovered figures recently sold for $7100 on ebay for a set of 12!!!

The Scummer that found them found 4 of that set(Luminara,Padme,R2 and the Clone Sarge)which were ONLY available at retail in the Black Series.

if these figures do turn up en-masse,then the buyer of that set must be severely distressed right now.

The ebay seller claimed that only 2 sets existed!!!

d'oh!!!

Darren

Last edited:
Reaction score
Aside from the figures that never appeared on this BAD card style, $19.99 is a crazy price for the common figures. Maybe Five Below, TJ Maxx or Ollie's discount stores will get these?!

Well to normal collectors....lol

the ebayer that paid $7100 dollars for 12 of them would certainly disagree....he paid like $592 each for his.....

Can I get an "OUCH!!!!!"

Darren

Reaction score
Not sure. Offhand I remember seeing the sandtrooper and R2. There were also a lot of the Slave I's

Reaction score
Not sure. Offhand I remember seeing the sandtrooper and R2. There were also a lot of the Slave I's
The SANDTROOPER is one from the Amazon 6-pack,LandoGriffin.(like the Slave 1.)

However the R2 is definitely unreleased(on the Legacy B-A-D format)

If these figures appear nationwide then Hasbro have been sitting on them for nearly 3 years.

Thats crazy!!!

But if production was halted really early on...then they could be in very small numbers.

Itll be very interesting if a load more show up!

Darren

Reaction score
I found several of these at a Go! store yesterday. I only bought the R2-D2 and Pablo-Jill. The others they had were the Biker Scout, Padme and Sandtrooper. The $20 price tag is quite steep, so I might return the Pablo-Jill. The R2-D2 I will probably keep since the cardback shape is an R2 unit.

The Sandtrooper is not exactly the same as the Sandtrooper in the Amazon set. The BAD droid part is different.

I also noticed on the back of the cardbacks (and the Amazon cardbacks) it states Hasbro Australia. Did they ever hit Australian stores? If not, were they meant to be a country exclusive?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is the R2D2 a unique and new figure or is it just the card?

Reaction score
Just the card,bro...

between the Black series release and the Amazon droid part there's nothing new at all.

It's just if your an anal-retentive variant card collector that must have everything that these will cause you sleepless nights.

Im awake.

Its 4:35am....

you do the math.

Darren

GNT

Reaction score
Aside from the figures that never appeared on this BAD card style, $19.99 is a crazy price for the common figures. Maybe Five Below, TJ Maxx or Ollie's discount stores will get these?!
I bet Hasbro didn't make many of them before pulling the plug. For rarity sake $20 isn't bad.

Reaction score
The SANDTROOPER is one from the Amazon 6-pack,LandoGriffin.(like the Slave 1.)

However the R2 is definitely unreleased(on the Legacy B-A-D format)

If these figures appear nationwide then Hasbro have been sitting on them for nearly 3 years.

Thats crazy!!!

But if production was halted really early on...then they could be in very small numbers.

Itll be very interesting if a load more show up!

Darren
So, what is it? Is R2 new and unique or what?

Reaction score
Found 5 of the 12 star local Go store. Employee advised no more shipments were coming, was just one batch/shipment per store.

Reaction score
So, what is it? Is R2 new and unique or what?
None of the figures are new whatsoever. They were either released in the Amazon exclusive pack or in the TBS waves 1 & 2. Only thing of interest is that gorgeous Droid Factory cardback.

Reaction score
Posted over at StarWarscollector.com

Buy Now! Cancelled Star Wars Legacy Droid Factory Figure Set of 12 - $230

Was surfing calendars.com this morning and seen that the Cancelled Star Wars Legacy Droid Factory Figure Set of 12 is now available to order for $230. Its not known how many cases they have, but if you want them I would not wait to long. I am sure other sites will pick up on our post soon.

direct link:

Star Wars Legacy Droid Factory Figure Set of 12: 852069006017 | Star Wars | Calendars.com

Reaction score
Apparently GoCalendars.com oversold this set. I had ordered a set and next day was contacted and advised they were not in stock. I was advised each store received at most 1-2 cases/sets and only a handful were available online via their website. They seemed to have turned up in the UK as well but in super small numbers, same 1-2 cases/sets per store.

I really wonder the production numbers on these guys.

Reaction score
Managed to put an order in while they restocked briefly on their site (may 19th). I don't believe Calendars restcked since then. Hard to tell how many cases were released (both US and UK) but it looks like there were more than enough for EBay scalpers to hammer a few desperate collectors with outrageous prices. Some sets sold for well over $350

Reaction score
At least two chains have them in the UK. One is a discount store selling them for £5 each - I went to the three closest to me yesterday and none had heard of them. It was then announced (in the Europe forum) that Smyth's Toy Stores were also selling them (Smyths are a rival to TRU). My local store had 9 of the 12, but at the slightly higher price of £6.99 (which is still approx half the price of a TBS figure). However, the fact one of the big three toy stores chains have them would suggest to me that these were made is larger numbers than thought...

Reaction score
Unfortunately for overseas collectors, sets are available at inflated prices on EBay but are tougher to find at fair prices on forums or collector sites.

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit that I bought one online for way more than I should have. My name is Sean and I have an R2 problem...

Reaction score
FS - *RARE CANCELLED* 2013 Legacy Collection Droid Factory MOC's

Excellent Condition & Sealed, Ex. Shop Stock, unless otherwise stated...

Anakin Skywalker - MINT - SOLD
Anakin Skywalker - MINT - £15.00
Biker Scout - MINT - SOLD
Biker Scout - Bubble Damaged - £10.00
R2-D2 - MINT - SOLD
Tie-Fighter Pilot - MINT - SOLD
Padme Amidala - MINT - SOLD
Padme Amidala - MINT - £15.00
Clone Trooper Sergeant - MINT - SOLD
Luminara Unduli - MINT - £15.00
Luminara Unduli - Minor crack in bubble - £12.50
Luminara Unduli - Minor crack in bubble - £12.50
Sun Fac - MINT - £15.00
Pablo-Jill- MINT - £15.00
212th Battalion Clone Trooper - MINT - £15.00
Battle Droid - MINT - £15.00
Battle Droid- MINT - £15.00
Sandtrooper - Bubble Damaged - £10.00

Shipping £5.00 UK / Tracked ROW £12.50

Photos available on request, but MINT means MINT no bubble or card damaged, thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
After a couple weeks, my case arrived from the US (Calendars.com). i admit i never thought i could collect those at a fair price. I guess i got Lucky with this one as it seems Calendars never restocked after i placed my order.

Thanks to a coupon and free shipping, i ended up paying just Under €15 per figure

Reaction score
just a thought.

remember the awesome Speeder Bike that we got as a TRU exclusive with the updated look and flight stand... what if Hasbro was to re-release this beauty again but this time with an all new Endor Luke and another with an all new Endor Leia. they could even make a ROTS version with an all new Staiss Alie.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
What is with the prices of legacy collection figures on ebay? They seem to be so high. I've been watching for a decent deal on a green R2-X2 but I'm not willing to pay $20 plus for this figure.

JVM

Reaction score
Most figures released since TLC began are a lot more expensive on the secondary market, and I think a big portion of it is because whereas a lot of people casually collected POTF2, some purely based on passing knowledge the original toys become valuable with little long-term interest, in addition to the kind of collectors who habit these boards as a smaller minority, by the time '08 came around with the economy downturning in the U. S. and Star Wars prices going up per toy, casual collectors phased out - and the serious collectors who do it a labor of love aren't so quick to sell their figures online these days. That also explains why POTF2 stuff is almost always dirt cheap.

I know my buying for Star Wars was down for the entirety of TLC due to a lack of money at the time, and to this day, there's still figures from TLC I forget exist -- and the ones I've bought on the after-market have been pricey. (I paid $30 for an ANH Obi-Wan and the head socket is loose.)

Reaction score
I need some expert advice on how much the legacy AT-AT Walker is worth? I have a local guy selling his, however the AT-AT is complete and with working lights and sounds and comes with box. However, it is missing the figures that came with it. He is asking $250 for it. What would be a good price to ask to for it since he said make him an offer.

Reaction score
I think $250 is on the higher end of what the Legacy AT-AT goes for, especially since it's missing the figures. Based on what it's selling for, I think a reasonable price would be like $160.

JVM

Reaction score
How does the Wedge Antilles figure with the X-Wing compared to the TVC version? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
the X-Wing have the new redesign cockpit, and the belly for cargo. Wedge Antilles it is the mold from "Dutch" Vander, a little taller than the regular Luke VC, the face/head it's pretty accurate but a little small, helmets are the same. however TVC Wedge it is the same body/mold as Luke X-wing from VC, even have the hole for the lightsaber, and same high as Luke, however the head/face it is more accurate.

JVM

Reaction score
the X-Wing have the new redesign cockpit, and the belly for cargo. Wedge Antilles it is the mold from "Dutch" Vander, a little taller than the regular Luke VC, the face/head it's pretty accurate but a little small, helmets are the same. however TVC Wedge it is the same body/mold as Luke X-wing from VC, even have the hole for the lightsaber, and same high as Luke, however the head/face it is more accurate.
THanks. I had an opportunity to win the TLC version of Wedge (just the figure, no ship) a few months ago and missed out, and I wasn't sure if I was missing anything.

Reaction score
May I ask why "Shaak Ti BD61" is so freakin' expensive these days?
Is it due to very limited production?

Thanks in advance.
It was limited run. But I think it was the December release which was always limited run because December seemed to be the repaint wave. As it was a EU wave someone thought it fitted the same criteria.

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just recently acquired a 2010 Legacy Collection AT-AT Walker from a local second hand store for $32.00. It was in great condition albeit missing a few pieces (the missiles, speeder bike, AT-AT driver, one of the two control consoles from the passenger compartment, and the stabilizer bars for the legs. I have since found all the missing pieces on ebay.

The first day I purchased the walker, I cleaned the battery compartment and put a fresh set of batteries in. All of the lights and sounds were working for each of the three external buttons AND for each of the three internal buttons. This included both sound effects and quotes from General Veers, Vader, and the snow troopers. Strangely, the very next day, I went to play with the Walker and it would still play lights and sound effectsfrom all the buttons, but it wouldn't play any of the movie quotes! I cycled through all the sounds numerous times and they just seem to have disappeared. I tried replacing the batteries- no change. I'm rather stumped!

Has anyone else on this forum experienced this weird glitch?

P.S. Yes, this is the Hoth version and not the Endor version that has no quotes.

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just recently acquired a 2010 Legacy Collection AT-AT Walker from a local second hand store for $32.00. It was in great condition albeit missing a few pieces (the missiles, speeder bike, AT-AT driver, one of the two control consoles from the passenger compartment, and the stabilizer bars for the legs. I have since found all the missing pieces on ebay.

The first day I purchased the walker, I cleaned the battery compartment and put a fresh set of batteries in. All of the lights and sounds were working for each of the three external buttons AND for each of the three internal buttons. This included both sound effects and quotes from General Veers, Vader, and the snow troopers. Strangely, the very next day, I went to play with the Walker and it would still play lights and sound effectsfrom all the buttons, but it wouldn't play any of the movie quotes! I cycled through all the sounds numerous times and they just seem to have disappeared. I tried replacing the batteries- no change. I'm rather stumped!

Has anyone else on this forum experienced this weird glitch?

P.S. Yes, this is the Hoth version and not the Endor version that has no quotes.

Reaction score
Well, I know that the Canadian version didn't have quotes since it would run afoul of the French/English laws. Looks like yours switched from American to Canadian? Does the AT-AT have any Trump bias? It may have realized what happened in November and switched to Canadian.

Reaction score
LoL Maybe that's why mine didn't have any missiles with it when I bought it- they must've been confiscated at the border. :p