The Legacy Collection General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Have any burning questions not covered by the specific product and wave threads that are in this section? Post them here! We'll use this space as a catch-all, for the quick discussions that have required separate threads in the past.

Remember - we're still posting NEWS and specific RUMORS in ther news and rumor central thread, and will launch new threads based on what gets posted in that thread - while the mods sometimes get the news first, more often than not, it's a member at large that finds the scoop - so keep those posts coming in the news and rumor thread.

Thanks!

'78

Reaction score
Re: TLC General Discussion - v.1

I think this is a great compromise. Kind of like a mini-Wuher's for the TLC crowd.

Here's a "random" TLC post/inquiry:

Since the CW line has it's own section in the archives, I think TLC should have one as well, especially since the packaging was revealed at Toy Fair. Then we can get the confirmed items listed.

Also, a quick suggestion to Mr Curto - Would it be possible to post a quick shot, say from Toy Fair, of each announced product in the archive that is not yet "in hand" for detailed photos? This might make the archive an easier place to find a quick reference shot of an as-yet-to-be-released item.

Anyway, thanks for this thread!

Reaction score

Another random question: When should we expect the first items from TLC to start showing up on shelves?

Reaction score

What will be interesting will be to see if there's a street data for the TLC items, or if that only applies to the CW line. I could see first TLC items slipping out earlier in July if there's not a hard and fast street date.

'78

Reaction score

I would like to see the 1st waves of TLC, the comic packs from TLC, and the EVO sets all drop on that day. I would love to get that big clump of stuff out of the way fast.

Reaction score

Maybe I missed it during all my whining about '08, but did they ever announce which films will be represented in TLC? I know there's a second ROTJ wave coming, but what else? Any ANH or ESB?

Reaction score

i'm patiently waiting for whatever "here's what i heard from a hasbro rep at toy fair" rumors that curto and other people have been sitting on.... werent we supposed to get some good rumors last week?

Reaction score

EmperorPalpitate said:
Maybe I missed it during all my whining about '08, but did they ever announce which films will be represented in TLC? I know there's a second ROTJ wave coming, but what else? Any ANH or ESB?

ROTJ
CWA
ROTS
ANH
ROTJ

TPM,AOTC and ESB are comming in 09, but that's what's rumored for this year.

Reaction score

I like the fact that most figures are Super Articulated by now.

Reaction score

Nothing comes out on 7/26? That's a dissapointment! I thought Wal-Mart's Droid Factory 2-packs were due out soon... =/

Reaction score

So if the estimated on shelf date is late july, then the first sightings should come in around early june, and nobody en masse will be able to find them until mid september

Reaction score

MaxGoof said:
Nothing comes out on 7/26? That's a dissapointment! I thought Wal-Mart's Droid Factory 2-packs were due out soon... =/
So you meant "Nothing comes out BEFORE 7/26?" I take it?

Yeah, there's a long gap. Hasbro claims it's so everyone has a chance to get all the Force Unleashed figures since from a retailer standpoint it's the "end of the line", the TAC line that is, and is usually under-ordered and poorly distributed (I hardly saw any of the Wal-Mart exclusive TSC figures in stores, with weeks of searching; just a couple Nabruns, Labrias, and bugs). But with around 5 months of nothing but those for basics, I think everyone will have their fill. Hasbro may also be hoping that Indiana Jones will distract many of us from the lack of new SW product.

Reaction score

I actually think the whole Indiana Jones thing is EXACTLY what they're counting on to fill the gap. They're guessing that we're going to be bored and make impulse buys, because it's "close" - and I bet they're right. I can almost see it happening to some - bet we even get RA posts on the topic (or off the topic as the case would be)...

'78

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
They're guessing that we're going to be bored and make impulse buys, because it's "close" - and I bet they're right.
conspiracy theory alert

Have you noticed how many times a new product type or line is in heavy circulation at the same time we are experiencing a drought in the basic figure line. The last time I can remember this was during Saga 06 around wave 3. There were next to no basic figures on the pegs, but Titanium was in heavy circulation. I've always assumed this was intentional on the part of Hasbro to allow the new lines to gain traction.

In my personal case, it worked. I never would have started buying the Titanium vehicles if the pegs had been filled with Utapau clones.

Reaction score

MaxGoof said:
Well, the Walmart DF 2 packs had a date of on shelf for May 1st. That was according to Hasbro's slide show thing at Toy Fair.

DarthPete said:
So if the estimated on shelf date is late july, then the first sightings should come in around early june, and nobody en masse will be able to find them until mid september
If it is a hard set date (like CW3D figures), I would not expect to see any on the shelf before that 07-27-08 date.

Reaction score

I'm sure there are going to be some collectors who pick up the whole Indy line while waiting for TLC, but I won't be one of them. I love the films, but I have no desire (nor the space) to start collecting another whole line of toys. I may pick up a couple to display on my desk at work, but that's it. I think Hasbro made a pretty dumb assumption that every collector would rush out to buy Lucasfilm property #2. IMO, the Indy films lend themselves much more to high end collectibles than they do toys.

Reaction score

Jedi_Mathyus said:
MaxGoof said:
Well, the Walmart DF 2 packs had a date of on shelf for May 1st. That was according to Hasbro's slide show thing at Toy Fair.
No offense, but you are getting your dates mixed up. The Wal-Mart Droid Factory 2 packs are coming out on 7/1 according to the slide show (slide #39). Nothing from Star Wars comes out on 5/1, but that is the date that the Indiana Jones figures come out.

Reaction score

tarcanes92 said:
Jedi_Mathyus said:
MaxGoof said:
No offense, but you are getting your dates mixed up. The Wal-Mart Droid Factory 2 packs are coming out on 7/1 according to the slide show (slide #39). Nothing from Star Wars comes out on 5/1, but that is the date that the Indiana Jones figures come out.
sorry about that....

Reaction score

I thought the WM special BAF 2-packs were comming out in May.

Isn't is a sad comment on the whole year to come when two of the top ten threads are devoted to NEXT years figures?

Reaction score

I apologize in advance if this is a subject that has been broached elsewhere, but personally I could care less if a character is superarticulated. If it comes down to whether or not a character is produced, or what the cost is going to be, I want more produced characters rather than less. SA is great, in my opinion, if it does not compromise detail, or the overall look of a figure. However, superarticulation costs more and in the end could result in a already produced character being reproduced for more overhead cost at Hasbro's expense (and then ours) rather than a new character being produced. I prefer new and more obscure characters available then the same ones rehashed, even at the expense of articulation. I open and display my collection loose, but as an adult I don't have time to actually "play" with them. I personally don't mind the "limited" articulation of the comic packs because it provides more opportunity for these cool characters that might not normally be produced. As a realist, I realize Hasbro needs to keep offering the same main (recognizable) characters, but I still want the opportunity to purchase obscure movie or EU characters, even if I can't move them much. C'mon, if they offered a comic two-pack of unproduced cantina, clone, jedi, jabba's court\skiff, or whatever niche collection, that would definitely sell, and at a limited production cost to Hasbro.

Reaction score

I was pretty impressed by the questions posed by the various websites and the details provided in the answers by Hasbro in the March 9th/10th Q&A.

The potentially good:

1. Disturbance in the Force convention exclusive

2. Silver lightsabers for the Imperial Knight comic pack (even though I'm not getting it - I appreciate it when Hasbro does provide attention to such details).

The not so good:

1. Bane Malor selected for the single-carded line in spite of no screen time

2. No regular left hand provided in the comic pack Durge.

May be good news or bad news

1. Another repaint wave on the way - here's hoping to good choices (with some OT content in the wave)

Reaction score

GreenLight said:
The not so good:

1. Bane Malor selected for the single-carded line in spite of no screen time
That's the figure that I'm looking forward to the most.

Reaction score

Even without screen-time (that anyone can find, anyway) he's a neat design and if Hasbro's telling the truth, they DO have more ref on him than just the one card so I'm fine with the figure in & of itself. But I'd have infinitely preferred Wooof/V-Klaatu in his place for THAT particular wave. I hope they've got something amazing planned for him.

But Bane Malar (stop using Hasbro's presentation spelling, it's wrong!) is a great-lookin SA figure, fits in well with SW, and will provide tons of custom fodder & troop-building possibilities.

Reaction score

When, oh SW faithful, do you suspect we'll see carded/loose hi-res images of the SWL wave 1 figures? I'm curious to see if they fix the belt on Luke.

Reaction score

Am I the only one curious to see how this Midnight Madness will go down? Launching two lines at once, exclusives at stores, etc. I'm probably going to hit the Wal Mart near me that is least crowded late at night and hopefully I can snag all of wave 1 for Legacy AND my A-Wing at the same time.

Reaction score

DSIILuke said:
When, oh SW faithful, do you suspect we'll see carded/loose hi-res images of the SWL wave 1 figures? I'm curious to see if they fix the belt on Luke.
I hadn't even considered the notion that the sandstorm Luke might reuse that atrocious TAC Jabba Jedi Luke. I'm actually liking the idea the of the sandstorm figures but I'm also at least hoping for a better constructed figure to wear that head wrap

I'm also not so excited about the prospect of the rumored Ultimate Battle Packs - Fire Pyre Vader sounds interesting but less so tied to figures like Endor Han and Spirit Obi-Wan where I'm fine with the current versions of figures I already have. I'd like to think Hasbro will concede that some OT collectors have to live on a money and display space budget and $50 just isn't easy to spend for some items within a large multi-pack. Grumble, grumble...the 2007 product range is looking better and better all the time.

Reaction score

I think the 7/26 date is for the CW and TLC lines. Some of the comic packs should probably show up before July.

Since the TFU stuff is showing up now, I think the BPs, the comic packs, and the exclusives will fill the gap nicely.

I do agree that Hasbro wants us to buy IJ stuff, but I also think they want the shelves to clear as well. This CW line could sell like hot cakes, but if it tanks, they don't want Saga Legends stinking up the pegs as well.

Reaction score

Bumping this back up in light of the side tracking in the Rumors thread. With all this hullabaloo about PT/OT/EU in a vintage like line I'll repeat here, I hate the idea. Totally hate it, but ya know what, if it can get me some of the more obscure releases from the vintage line like say any of the Jabba's Guards or a new General Madine by putting them out with a PT figure like an Obi Wan, or ultimate Jango Fett then let it be done.

Reaction score

Okay - not that the whole discussion needs to be reset here, but the original bit of news that was posted this morning, was that there would be PT and EU included in the next vintage line - that was one possible interpretation of the news that came out of SWAN - but in reality, especially in light of the Q&A that Dan reminded us of, it looks like the vintage line as we know it is DONE - OVER.

So at this point, don't think of it as the vintage line, think of it as something else - so if they merge other stuff into it, or introduce figures that MIGHT have been in the vintage line (DS2 Luke, Han Trooper for a couple of examples), then that's fine, as it's not the vintage line - like we've seen the last few years - and frankly that's fine, as we were discussing, the price was too high for figures that were essentially the same as what we received in the basic line.

So if y'all want to continue hashing out what might be cool, then that's fine, but let's not turn it into an EU/movie war - there's aready an undercurrent of that in the wishlist polls, so let's talk about what might be good instead of focusing on the bad.

If they do something like put the TSC R5-D4 on the original vintage card, charge the basic figure price for it, I'll buy it in a second - if they put a 501st clone trooper on a vintage "like" card, and put a "retro" Revenge of the Sith logo on it, that might be cool too (I think I've seen a custom like that).

It sounds like any attempt at this line will be bigger than the 5-6 all new tool slots for exclusively vintage figures, and therefore, it wouldn't limit the OT or anything of that sort.

Call it "Star Wars Classic" - given the recent announcement about the "Legends" figures as the third "line" this year, I do not believe that's the "classic" line that we keep hearing about, and therefore, there's room for that name to still be applied, and if so, I don't care what comes in the line.

'78

Reaction score

All I know is I want to see more of the vintage figures redone and will go along with however that has to happen. Good example is the A-Wing coming out. Am I bummed it's with the ship AND exclusive to Wal-Mart? Yea. Am I psyched that I am getting the true vintage A-Wing pilot outta the deal. For sure! I guess I'm so laid back that I know I'll see it all eventually and just take it as it comes, hence why the hoopla today didn't get me as riled up as I thought it would. I just want more toys however I can get em.

Reaction score

RebelTrooper1138 said:
Ugh. This whole Vintage line thing is turning into a HUGE mess. We've got the OT fans up in arms that their line might be tooken over, and the other fans are estatic we might be getting pretty awesome renditions of our EU figures.

Some OT are worried that the Originals might be blocked out of the line now and Hasbro's trying to push them away. How ridiculous is that? The company that releases repaints of any figure they can get new paint on, re-releases the heck out of any main character is trying to give up customers? That's just silly.

The EU is popular. At least for now. Hasbro's gotta take advantage of these opportunities they have been given. Fans have been asking for Legacy characters. Why wait and hope they stay popular? Luke and Leia will always be popular, there will always be chances for their definitive Hoth or Death Star outfits. EU's not that easy.

Take Mara vs Leia. Hasbro is planning how they are releasing these characters. Leia could be in any OT movie Wave and have that wave set lickity-split. Battle Packs are no big deal for her. Just plop her in with a Scout Trooper, Stormtrooper, Han and Rebel Trooper. Comic Pack? She's in a lot of comics. Mara on the other hand is tougher. Basic Wave? That might cause some trouble. Should we release her with characters from the story featuring this outfit? Or should it be the entire EU. Battle Packs are out of the question really. Comic Packs are the best bet for her ATM, but even those are hit and miss.

Opening up the Vintage line to encompass the ENTIRE Saga (yes, the EU is Star Wars) is actually an awesome news. People have wanted Prequel characters on Vintage carbacks, and Hasbro's listened, but is maybe opening this up to every aspect of the Galaxy. Maybe in the VOT/PT/EU-C, we could see awesome, definitive versions of DSII Luke, Jacen Solo and General Grievous all in one Wave! How awesome would that be?

But you have to remember, these are still rumors!! (Sorry for de-railing the thread a bit.)

Reaction score

Ya know, getting onto the topic of things we know are coming- I am really glad that they didn't use soft goods on the sandstorm figures and on Yarna. I am just curious if Yarna has the ball jointed hips. For ya know... dancing moves.

Reaction score

Maybe the new "Legends" line and this are one in the same? I mean how many lines can they have going all at once? As to PT and EU in a "vintage" line I don't get that. They're not "vintage". They would really seem out of place if not a silly idea. Just release the PT and EU in the main line. But as this will most likely be something all new and different then there will be no problem.

On topic of General Discussions ... Hasbro needs to crank out more numbers of shipments or these stores need to get it in gear. It's not just my area. But many never see the new stuff for even a month or never at all. I've had waves skipped in my area. I am worried TFU may never come here at all much less the final wave of SL.

Another thing ... I fear scalpers and collector's are using these DCPI numbers and such to buy everything from the back rooms weeks before they're to be released resulting in no products on the shelves. No, I am not attacking people who do that. It may be the only way to get anything any more. But I read about people buying cases of Order 66 from the stock room now weeks before they're supposed to be out. Unless they restock they won't have anything to put out on 4-13-2008.

Lastly, I know the case is closed now. But I have to say it. If Since1978 is ran off or demodded by some jerks on here I'll kick butt! Leave the dude alone.

Reaction score

See I'm not all that chuffed by using eBay to grab stuff I missed or may not have seen because if I wait long enough it is easy to find AND can sometimes be had for under retail. Just tonight I got the Ewoks from the pack loose for about $3 a piece for customs. That's why I'm not really hunting much anymore for figures. I foresee myself going to the midnight launch just to assure myself a Yarna and Ewok pack, maybe the A-Wing if its out then but other than that I can honestly wait a bit.