The Last Jedi Toys - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
So you're telling me that even Goodwill recognizes the worth of Star Wars toys, yet Walmart can't even be bothered to stock them? lol

Reaction score
New England has a grocery chain called Market Basket. Got a tip from a guy in Mass that his store had Last Jedi Star Wars figures priced at 2/$5.00!

I checked the store we have in Maine, and sure enough, they had some. Only four, and three of them were Finn. But for only $2.50 each, I picked up one Finn and the only Rey they had.

Reaction score
New England has a grocery chain called Market Basket. Got a tip from a guy in Mass that his store had Last Jedi Star Wars figures priced at 2/$5.00!

I checked the store we have in Maine, and sure enough, they had some. Only four, and three of them were Finn. But for only $2.50 each, I picked up one Finn and the only Rey they had.
Thanks to your tip I picked up 4 FO Stormtroopers while grocery shopping this morning!

Reaction score
This thread is really indicative of the health of the line. Reminds me of the POT2 Episode 1 clearance days. Except I don’t think this is a case of hasbro overproducing figures. The episode 1 aisle was huge compared to the 3 pegs current figures get.

In other news, did you see the report of the Kessel playset already discounted to half off? Crazy.

Reaction score
This thread is really indicative of the health of the line. Reminds me of the POT2 Episode 1 clearance days. Except I don’t think this is a case of hasbro overproducing figures. The episode 1 aisle was huge compared to the 3 pegs current figures get.

In other news, did you see the report of the Kessel playset already discounted to half off? Crazy.
Do you mean the health of the overall line, like figures from all the movies, or the health of just the TLJ line? If you're talking about just TLJ stuff, and another example, at Five Below the lady told me they couldn't even move the A-wing and Canto Speeder (although I already had the A-wing and I got the speeder for $5 because I think the officer looks cool) at $5. I think TLJ stuff is suffering because the movie was a steaming pile.

Reaction score
Like figures from all the movies. TLJ kinda sunk the ST sales across the board. And SOLO came out too close to it to shake the stale brand feeling. RO is slightly more insulated but RO toys never sold that well to begin with.

Reaction score
There is diminished interest in toys across the board, no single movie is to blame, not even Solo. TLJ did great in the box office and home release sales, yet had a line that was lackluster. Solo tanked in the box office, yet has a fantastic variety of figures. Hasbro is still releasing figures like we're in the ROTS days - and figures just don't sell as well anymore, no matter the scale. Overproduction is inevitable if they think they can move the same number of units as they did during CW / ROTS. They need to heavily cut back on the first wave of every line, and jump into the second wave far sooner to fix the issue.

Reaction score
Visually, TLJ didn't sell toys. After all, what scene would any kid play out from it? Maybe the throne room, but the rest was very dark and boring compared to how ANH and ESB was for us.

Reaction score
TLJ was by far the least toyetic Star Wars movie/cartoon/comic/novel... anything.

The fn' Wookie Cookbook would have influenced a better line of toys.

Reaction score
Visually, TLJ didn't sell toys. After all, what scene would any kid play out from it? Maybe the throne room, but the rest was very dark and boring compared to how ANH and ESB was for us.
You didn’t get excited when Luke milked that creature?? That was very toyetic. When are they making that creature?? “With realistic milking action feature.” “Includes a very satisfied looking Luke figure.”

Reaction score
TLJ was by far the least toyetic Star Wars movie/cartoon/comic/novel... anything.
Maybe that's why the last scene of the film was a demonstration of children playing with a toy that was re-enacting a scene from their own film. Just to show kids that it is possible if you try hard enough.

Reaction score
Try hard enough to do what?
No matter how hard they try, they're never going to have Force abilities.

I understand sending a message that if you work hard, anything is possible. But it doesn't quite apply in a fantasy movie.

Reaction score
Didn't broom kid have the Force? I thought he pulled the broom to his hand with the Force?

Reaction score
Didn't broom kid have the Force? I thought he pulled the broom to his hand with the Force?
Yep. That was the big shocker at the end of the movie. Last Jedi? I think not! Or so the director hoped it would play out like that.

Reaction score
Then when there is something Toyetic they don’t make it. BB8 with ATST could have been made as a full vehicle with removable top to have the BB8 controlled version. A horse-like stampede, no farthirs made. Ok, those nurse things were pretty funny and intresting looking, no caretaker toy.

Reaction score
There is diminished interest in toys across the board, no single movie is to blame, not even Solo. TLJ did great in the box office and home release sales, yet had a line that was lackluster. Solo tanked in the box office, yet has a fantastic variety of figures. Hasbro is still releasing figures like we're in the ROTS days - and figures just don't sell as well anymore, no matter the scale. Overproduction is inevitable if they think they can move the same number of units as they did during CW / ROTS. They need to heavily cut back on the first wave of every line, and jump into the second wave far sooner to fix the issue.
All great points. I didn't like TLJ that much & didn't buy many of the toys, with the exception of the A-wing (because it was a variation of the great ROTJ vehicle) the Resistance Ski Speeder (because it reminded me slightly of the B-wing), and a handful of figures.

Conversely, I collected a good # of Solo figures/vehicles, even before seeing the film. Great line of toys!

And, I did find Solo far superior to TLJ.

Reaction score
All great points. I didn't like TLJ that much & didn't buy many of the toys, with the exception of the A-wing (because it was a variation of the great ROTJ vehicle) the Resistance Ski Speeder (because it reminded me slightly of the B-wing), and a handful of figures.

Conversely, I collected a good # of Solo figures/vehicles, even before seeing the film. Great line of toys!

100% agree with you here on all points.

Reaction score

I bought both those vehicles as well, just for the figures. I think they're well done, but again, just not exciting. I prefer TLJ as a film, but I admit that the character designs just didn't come across as anything thrilling. The vast majority of the TLJ figures are nice upgrades at least, and I was excited to get all the Luke figures, and Leia. Even a few aliens would have helped the line out - a Caretaker 2-pack, or that small Canto Bight alien packed with BB-8. I think both kids and collectors look forward to new aliens and droids, even if they didn't love the movie they're in. When the pegs are packed with mostly human characters in different outfits, you cant help but feel its lackluster. The movie design might be partially to blame, but Hasbro showed very little imagination with character selection. Hell, they could have at least limited the Rose releases and given us Holdo and Connix instead of four Rose figures. For Solo, they did a great job on character selection and diversity. They also limited Qira to two figures, which was a good call. For Episode IX, I hope characters like Rose are limited to a single release, so others get a chance at a figure.

Reaction score
I ended up getting way more vehicles from TLJ than I would have thought, considering it's my least favorite SW movie by far. I didn't dislike TFA, but I didn't love it, but the one good thing about TLJ is it makes me appreciate TFA waaaaaaay more!

In TLJ packaging, I got the the Walmart first order tie fighter, cause, well, I need to get one of each style of Tie Fighter. I got the TRU exclusive Poe's X-Wing with booster because I wanted to get one Poe's X-wing. I got the A-wing because it's a cool vehicle and the beginning battle was my favorite part of the movie. Even though I hated the entire canto bight segment, I bought the police speeder because I love the officer uniform, and for five bucks, well.... And I got the ski speeder because I thought FOR SURE that since the ragtag rebellion was on the ropes and they were at an abandoned base that the ski speeder had to have been pieced together from b-wings. But no. They couldn't even throw us that bone to tie in to the OT.

And yes, please more aliens and droids. Human after human is pretty lame after a while.

Reaction score
Agree as well, Solo has never been given the respect it deserves. I recently started reassessing my collection and I'm considering selling off a lot of my TFA / TLJ stuff to make room for more vintage collection and true vintage displaying, instead of trying to be a completist.

Reaction score
Was this the one that came with Vader? If so, I will begin prepping my list of local Five Belows and work out a grid!

Reaction score
I saw the same at the 3rd Five Below I checked, 3 Rathtar with a lone Probe Droid. They still have 3 Rathtar. Thanks for the heads up!

Reaction score
I suppose a Rise of Skywalker Main Thread would be nice, except...doesn't look like there are any 5POA figures for Rise of Skywalker or the Mandalorian. Did I miss it?

Reaction score
I suppose a Rise of Skywalker Main Thread would be nice, except...doesn't look like there are any 5POA figures for Rise of Skywalker or the Mandalorian. Did I miss it?
No there aren't. Hasbro said that 5 POA is dead (Take that with a grain of salt). TROS 3.75' figures will all be under the VC line.

Reaction score
Actually, 5 POA isnt dead, as Retro will continue - but we wont have a ROS main line of 5 POA figures, like for previous movies. What we will have are "value" figures for $3, which will likely be 3 POA and at discount stores - they will be in the 4 inch scale though...

Reaction score
Actually, 5 POA isnt dead, as Retro will continue - but we wont have a ROS main line of 5 POA figures, like for previous movies. What we will have are "value" figures for $3, which will likely be 3 POA and at discount stores - they will be in the 4 inch scale though...
Wasn't expecting that - kind of sucks. Oh well.