The Last Jedi - General Film Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss any general movie news or information related to episode 8 The Last Jedi, this thread will be the spoiler discussion thread in this section.

Please note this is a SPOILER THREAD and spoilers may be discussed freely in here, if your attempting to be spoiler please do not read this thread (you have been warned!) and probably best stay clear of this section till after the movie is released.

Reaction score
Rey does fight like Palpatine but this is the skywalker saga so REy being a main character I think she has to be a skywalker.

Reaction score
Her hair looks a bit like Qui-Gon's in the new packaging photo. Maybe she's related to him?

Reaction score
The official title in french has been revealed as well, and it's plural too.

Reaction score
There's a rumor that's been circulating regarding Rey. And it may mean we'll see a pre-duel version of Rey released prior to the theatrical release. And a post-duel version will probably follow a month or two after the film comes out.

Reaction score
As typical with all the movies. :grin:

While the plural thing is an interesting debate, it's their language structure. Otherwise wouldn't they go with Last of the Jedi here in English states? Here in America The Last Jedi infers the singular.

Reaction score
As typical with all the movies. :grin:

While the plural thing is an interesting debate, it's their language structure. Otherwise wouldn't they go with Last of the Jedi here in English states? Here in America The Last Jedi infers the singular.
Not true, Jedi has dual usage, can be singular or plural.

Luke is a Jedi, he council was made of several Jedi.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/45039/is-there-a-term-for-words-that-have-identical-singular-and-plural-forms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
But, in ROTJ he was referred to as the last by Yoda himself. Meaning the singular, so...

I know it has dual usage, but the way we structure words/sentences here is very different than other Countries.

Reaction score
In the EU Books Heir to the Empire.... Obi Wan tells Luke that he is not the last of the old Jedi but the first of the new. in TFA Han tells Rey that Luke was training a new group of Jedi Knights and that ben turned on him slaughtering the Jedi.

GNT

Reaction score
Yoda said that before Rey was even born. ;)
Yoda should've known their would be sequels and that another Jedi would be born :p What he said was true from a certain point of view, it's not like Jedi seem to know what's going on and lie through their teeth :p ;)

Reaction score
But, in ROTJ he was referred to as the last by Yoda himself. Meaning the singular, so...

I know it has dual usage, but the way we structure words/sentences here is very different than other Countries.
Yeah but don't you think Disney would confirm/clarify it for those translating? I highly doubt they'd let another country mistranslate the title of their major movie.

Plus there's luke and Rey now, so plural.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I saw some a report that indicates another OT Rebel fighter may be turning up in TLJ. And from this one photo that was shot on location at the salt flats in Bolivia it looked like it could be the B-Wing.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been hearing that around the net. But I feel that those words were simply taken out of context. We all know that Movies are not filmed in the order that they are edited. And often the very first scenes filmed, are in fact much later scenes. Plus we know how some people like to an instance and blow it out of proportion.
The "who are you" could also be a philosophical question, something said during training.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I know, that seems very odd and throws everything up in the air. Like doesn't know who Rey is?! Weird.
I think that's exactly what Disney wants people to be talking about. I think the question is something Yoda would ask, so I think it really is supposed to be more philosophical. However, if the films reveals a connection between Luke and Rey, this will at least make it seem a little more of a "surprise" for the audience. If the discussions gets sent off in the wrong direction, then Disney wins twice. People will get a "surprise" in the film, and a lot of people will be discussing the film for a long time adding to the hype.

Reaction score
There was a similar exchange that was cut from THE FORCE AWAKENS, but featured in one of the trailers. It was between Maz Kanata and Rey, and Maz asks "Who are you?" To which Rey responded "I'm no one". Perhaps that's an exchange that hit things to squarely on the head for TFA? After all, Maz also asked Han "Who's the girl?" Maz is Force sensitive, and seems to sense that something is up with Rey.

The clip that was shown at the Disney shareholders meeting has been described as a sizzle reel. As for other material on the entertainment calendar? We have three more episodes of REBELS left to air this season. And then there's about three weeks until Star Wars Celebration in Orlando. I think that a teaser trailer for TLJ *MAY* be released online before Celebration, and a sizzle reel may be released at Celebration. I think we're also likely to get some sort of trailer for season 4 of REBELS.

Reaction score
Hmmm reports are coming from 'Making Star Wars' of a First Order Heavy Assault Walker appearing in an action sequence in TLJ. Dubbed the Gorilla Walker, it is twice the size of a standard Imperial AT AT and has reinforces boots at its base. Can't wait to see Hasbros version of this. This is NOT the walkers seen at Starkiller base.

Reaction score
Curious to see what it looks like. Hope it's an improvement though, not a regression.

Reaction score
according to sources it's way bigger than the standard AT-AT. the AT-AT only comes up to the belly of the new Assault Walker.

Reaction score
By now they should know that bigger doesn't mean better. History is full of fallen Empires.

Reaction score
By now they should know that bigger doesn't mean better. History is full of fallen Empires.
true true... look at the AT-ACT in RO. didn't matter that they were bigger than the standard AT-AT... the bigger they are the harder they fall.

I think there is a concept sketch on Theforce.net of the front of the new walker.

if this new walker is indeed bigger that the standard walker I wonder how small Hasbro will make it.. lol. I know a lot of people were miffed at the RO AT-ACT being too small...

Reaction score
if this new walker is indeed bigger that the standard walker I wonder how small Hasbro will make it.. lol. I know a lot of people were miffed at the RO AT-ACT being too small...
Cockpit with room for one pilot, NERF shooting feature. Calling it right here.

Reaction score
Some images that look like they may be from the Cinemacon sizzle reel hit social media earlier today. I spotted some things that looked like Kylo Ren and his fighter on Ahch-To, and what may be some more Darth Vader relics.

Reaction score
With Celebration Orlando a few days away, do you think we'll get any news about future figures and other products? Do they typically do that at Celebration?

Reaction score
These are generally Media focused events, I wouldn't count on any Merchandise reveals or news. Besides, it's not like they could reveal anything at this point. At least not for th next two movies, as they are a long way out still. And It's a bit late to announce anything for Rogue one.

Reaction score
I think we get a peak at comic con exclusive in the past they have shown that; its out in July my bet is luke rey 2 set

Reaction score
With Celebration Orlando a few days away, do you think we'll get any news about future figures and other products? Do they typically do that at Celebration?
It would be nice if they showed us something.

Reaction score
If Hasbro has a panel at Celebration I'm guessing we might see a slide of TFA Luke but I don't think they will show us any of the figures coming out until SDCC.

Reaction score
They revealed the BS Ashoka protoype at Anaheim in 2015 and BS Jyn at the London SW Celebration last year, so I'd guess theres gonna be at least one noteworthy figure reveal this weekend.

Reaction score
They revealed the BS Ashoka protoype at Anaheim in 2015 and BS Jyn at the London SW Celebration last year, so I'd guess theres gonna be at least one noteworthy figure reveal this weekend.
They also showed Kylo Ren's Unmasked Variant.

Looks like the new Rey Speeder Bike is going to be shown, and i'm sure we will see at least one or two more.

Reaction score
Rumors going around saying that Poe gets some upgrades to his X-Wing. It's always nice to get variants on that vehicle and considering RO only had the "budget" version, I'm looking forward to this.