The Last Jedi - Force Friday - September 1, 2017

Reaction score
I chose to start my Force Friday at TRU this year after hearing wave 2 of The Black Series would be available there. We arrived around 9:30PM and were only fourth in line so I figured my chances of getting everything I wanted were high considering last year they handed out tickets for the Hovertank Driver to the first few people. Everyone in line was friendly and sociable so it made for a good time until the doors opened...

We were immediately corralled to the service desk and told they had only received a single case of Black Series figures and they were to limit them 1 per person. The first person in line, who had his wife and toddler with him, put up an argument and used his family to acquire 3 figures which was immediately followed by anger from everyone. The second individual took the last of what was remaining that I had wanted and I walked away in complete disappointment. I scooped up the 3.75" & Hot Wheels items that I wanted, which were luckily in abundance, and we made our way to Target next door in less than 10 minutes after entering TRU.

Low and behold, the 14 Stormtrooper exclusives that were there 20 minutes before midnight had vanished and not a single other Black Series figure/vehicle besides the repacks remained... On our way home we stopped at our local 24 hour Wal-mart only to learn they recently changed and were no longer open 24 hours...and another Target that was listed for Midnight Madness...also closed.

Got home and ordered the rest of my wants online via HTS, Target.com, and pre-ordered the Amazon/GameStop exclusives. Overall I ended up with 90% of what I was after in some shape or form but it was a disaster compared to last year....

Reaction score
I had a fun and successful Force Friday hunt. I managed to get everything I wanted, but it was mostly Funko Pops. The one lone Hasro item I wanted was the 3.75" Rey, which I found at Walmart this morning. They had a decent number of figures left over, but I could tell a lot had sold too, about 50%. That's a lot better than two years ago, when there was barely anything left. Last year was the exact opposite, the pegs were full. There wasn't anything else from Hasbro this year that grabs my attention. I refuse to by 6" figures. I'm strictly 3.75". Rey was the only one I wanted from wave 1, but I'm hopeful there will be more interesting waves later down the road.