The Last Jedi - Force Friday - September 1, 2017

Reaction score
So amidst off the negativity...anyone else like me REALLY excited for FFII? I have been looking forward to this event for some time and even more this week. I really enjoy hanging out with and meeting other collectors, talking nerd stuff (pretty sure last years topics covered Star Wars, Marvel Legends, Power Rangers, DC Super Powers AND old school WWF) and going home with a few things. This year my want list is basically down to nothing. With no 3.75" SA figures announced I plan on going home with basic Luke and maybe the Probe Droid. I still plan on attending and being part of the Midnight Madness experience.

For those of you headed out there tonight - enjoy yourself. Get there early, get a decent spot in line and have fun.

Reaction score
I'll be going to target tonight. I will be buying the following:

A Wing
Canto Bight Speeder
Poe's Speeder
Tie Silencer
Luke, Rose, Finn, Chewie, 3p0, Hux, Kylo, paige
Rey/Pretorian two-pack
rathar
probe droid

im going to hold off on the Playset for now until the price drops.

if that rose, bb8 bb-9e set is at tru tonight I'll swing by after Target.

i would do TRU for the whole thing but the store told me they will not price compare the target coupon as in past years.

Reaction score
Nope, we're still one trailer short. For TFA, we got the teaser with Luke's voiceover first, then "Chewie, we're home," THEN the main trailer during Monday Night Football.
I meant trailers. We got the 70-second Force Awakens teaser, but that was a special case.

That Monday Night Football trailer came in October. That's when I'm told we'll get the full, final Last Jedi trailer.

Reaction score
So amidst off the negativity...anyone else like me REALLY excited for FFII? I have been looking forward to this event for some time and even more this week. I really enjoy hanging out with and meeting other collectors, talking nerd stuff (pretty sure last years topics covered Star Wars, Marvel Legends, Power Rangers, DC Super Powers AND old school WWF) and going home with a few things. This year my want list is basically down to nothing. With no 3.75" SA figures announced I plan on going home with basic Luke and maybe the Probe Droid. I still plan on attending and being part of the Midnight Madness experience.

For those of you headed out there tonight - enjoy yourself. Get there early, get a decent spot in line and have fun.
Yeah, I'm excited. I missed the TFA FF as I was overseas and by the time I got back there wasn't a whole lot of product on the shelves for a while. I did go to the Rogue 1 event at TRU and took my kids and, even though I only walked away with a couple of figures, we had a blast. Nothing as epic as the Episode 1 midnight madness, but it was still a good time.

Reaction score

I'm beyond excited... I'm so looking forward to the chase tomorrow! :)

Reaction score
I'm super excited. They get me every year....I swear I'm out...then I get dragged back in. I'll probably buy more than I intend to and sell a bunch of it down the road...much like my current RO figures.

The TRU exclusives have me intrigued. I'm also really looking forward to the OT figures coming beyond FF.

Reaction score
I'll be making the rounds tomorrow morning. I took the day off, so it'll be a relaxing afternoon after I get home of Star Wars toys, movies, and rearranging shelves.

Oddly I'm not after much if anything in the way of proper TLJ stuff.
My list is:
Luke
C3PO
Hux
Rey

Probe Droid
Rathtar

Fett/Solo 2 pack

I'd like the officer Poe that comes with the little ski speeder, but I'm not going to buy the whole ship to get him.

If they're available I'd grab:
Obi-Wan
Maul/Jinn 2 pack
Guard/Luke/Emperor 3 pack
TBS 3.75 Luke/Praetorian/ST Executioner

Yeah I guess that's it for the time being. Holding off on the Commtech2017 set until I decide for certain if I want the playset or not.

Reaction score
Still a few hours to go before I can leave to wait several hours in line, but I'm getting anxious. Hoping to be at the front of a short line, but I get the feeling this will be busier than it was for Rogue 1.

Reaction score
This week went by so slow for me. I'm excited for Force Friday tomorrow. Last year was kind of lackluster in terms of people out. The weather wasn't great so that probably factored into it as well. I have Fridays off from my job everything works out.

Here's what I'm looking to get:

3.75"
Resistance Gunner Paige

Deluxe 2 packs
I just want that new Probe Droid

BS 6"
Luke
Thrawn
Rey (may hold off for a bit)
Poe
Leia
Maz Kanata
FO Executioner (Target)
Admiral Ackbar/FO Officer (Toys R Us)

Vehicles
A-wing

Reaction score
I think my list for the day is
Rey
Luke
Poe
Finn
Rose
Chewbacca
C-3PO
Hux
Stormtrooper
Kylo
Paige
Han Solo/Boba Fett 2 pack

I'll hold off on the Rey/Guard 2 pack because I'm not huge on the dude's design on top of the fact that I'm sure they'll release one of these guards single carded eventually. Anybody know when the Target Emperor/Luke/Royal Guard three pack comes out? If it's tonight I'll pick that up too.

Reaction score
Tonight is where you see who the real fans are. I'm going 2-3 hours early to hopefully get to the front of the line. One of the great things about this is making friends with people in line who are fellow fans. Thus, with so much to get and in different areas, the real fans are the ones who can work together - say, we both want certain items, then one of us grabs 2-3 of one thing, while the other gets multiples of the other, then we trade for what we need. This way, If I'm getting the Ackbar 2-pack (likely to be in short supply and gone first), for example, but the BB-8 set or the figs are in a different area, I don't have to worry. THIS is the kind of behavior that should happen at these events - fellow fans helping each other - and not jerks like the East Brunswick scalper who will be first in line, and load up his cart with everything he can, limits be damned.

Reaction score
6" thrawn, Hera. Exclusives like the TRU force link 2-pack. If the 3.75 SA figures make it out then those but I'm guessing those won't come for another two months.

And honestly with reports of potential low inventory a lot of figures could be hard to find for some.

Reaction score
LOL, I took the day off tomorrow too.
But, wont everything be sold out tonight? Well very early tomorrow. lol

Just biding time until the stuff is on amazon tonight
The online potion has me curious on how it will work out between west and east coast. Obviously it's not Midnight everywhere all at once. So does mean people on the east coast will cause online stores to go out of stock before it's midnight here on the west?

Reaction score

The online potion has me curious on how it will work out between west and east coast. Obviously it's not Midnight everywhere all at once. So does mean people on the east coast will cause online stores to go out of stock before it's midnight here on the west?
I can't remember exactly how it went with TFA but there's the possibility Amazon doesn't put it out until midnight pacific time aka 3 am eastern time. Don't hold me to that though.

Reaction score
Tonight is where you see who the real fans are. I'm going 2-3 hours early to hopefully get to the front of the line. One of the great things about this is making friends with people in line who are fellow fans. Thus, with so much to get and in different areas, the real fans are the ones who can work together - say, we both want certain items, then one of us grabs 2-3 of one thing, while the other gets multiples of the other, then we trade for what we need. This way, If I'm getting the Ackbar 2-pack (likely to be in short supply and gone first), for example, but the BB-8 set or the figs are in a different area, I don't have to worry. THIS is the kind of behavior that should happen at these events - fellow fans helping each other - and not jerks like the East Brunswick scalper who will be first in line, and load up his cart with everything he can, limits be damned.
I agree completely, this should be a squad...I mean team effort so everyone walks away happy. Fans should be willing to help each other out, not hoard everything. I'm mainly going to see the new merchandise..... And maybe meet some fellow RS folks! Speak of, I need to gear up, I can't go out without my armor on...... that'd be shameful!

Reaction score
I agree completely, this should be a squad...I mean team effort so everyone walks away happy. Fans should be willing to help each other out, not hoard everything. I'm mainly going to see the new merchandise..... And maybe meet some fellow RS folks! Speak of, I need to gear up, I can't go out without my armor on...... that'd be shameful!
The first MM (TPM), for the most part people were well behaved, there were a couple people that tried to start crap with me.
AOTC,people were better but there was only a couple stores open.
ROtS, people were very helpful, but not much product.
TFA, there was no product at all. Ended up getting everything the next day.
R1, I was lucky I was first in line. The manager at the TRU held 1 of each for me. The scalpers got pissed at people that got the black series stuff.

this time my wife, and a buddy are doing it together, so I should be successful.

Reaction score

Last year, Amazon (& most of the online retailers) jumped the gun & put stuff up for sale at 11:30pm EST.

Reaction score
Getting Porg stuff on Friday, no seriously....special request from the daughter in exchange for good grades. Yeah, it's bribery but the 'Mouse' sure knows how to reel those dollars in! :p

Reaction score
Just got back here in NJ. Glad I don't collect TBS 6" cause that was a mess. One guy just going nuts.

Anyway I got my 3.75" Luke, Kylo and Rey/Guard set and one of those electronic Porg for my kid.

Reaction score
My Force Friday is done for this year. My only purchase, the Kylo Ren TIE Silencer from toysrus.com. I will probably throw that 5POA Kylo in a drawer and wait for the Black Series/Vintage Collection SA one that will eventually come to match everything else I have in SA 3.75" figures. I just hope the wings on this TIE are not made of rubber and are not warped. But I got a feeling they will be on both counts.

Reaction score
Ordered the 6" Landspeeder from Amazon at 9:15 PST. Now I'm at the Target in West Seattle and I'm literally the only one in line. Thought there would be a ton more people here by this time.

Reaction score
Really amazed that Hasbro got it WORSE in TRU this year! Mine had exactly one case of the Wave 2 Black Series, no wave 1, and 2-3 cases of the 3.75" figures total! You'd think after the debacle that was TFA, they'd have shipped out more this time, but not a chance! Got most of what I wanted, but had to resort to amazon for Old Luke & Kylo Ren, ebay for BS Finn and Poe, and Dorkside for the BS Praetorean Guard. I ordered the BS Rey's Speeder from amazon, since TRU only had the Landspeeder, but then found one in Walmart, so I cancelled the amazon order. I did get one of the three BB-8 playsets they had at TRU, and with a 15% off coupon, only paid $175 for it.

Reaction score
When you thought the Force Friday for Rogue one and TFA was bad, The Last Jedi steps up and says "Hold my Blue Milk" Walmart had nothing out at all. Only one location had 3 shippers and that is because I personally told the toy manager that it was supposed to be happening. Target had minimal stuff. TRU didn't even bother to try after last years fiasco. They can't even get their website to work properly at the moment. just sad, It was easier to find a gas station here in Texas that had gas than t was to find Star Wars stuff this evening

Reaction score
I thought FF1 for TFA was pretty exciting, Rogue One merch felt a bit like a late after-thought, and this time around kinda in the middle.

Reaction score
Just ordered on amazon

Finn (resistance)
FO Stormtrooper
Chewbacca
C-3PO
Bala Tik and Rathar
Ski Speeder
TIE Silencer
Bight Speeder
A-Wing

Holding off on some figures to get them in the sets instead if possible.

Reaction score
For all of the issues with figure availability, the one positive thing I CAN say is that while the turnout was smaller tonight than it was for TFA, everyone was pretty well behaved. Coolest part of it was that when I got there, while I wasn't first in line, the people who beat me there was the same family who were right behind me in line for TFA, so we had a great time just talking for the 2 1/2 hours we were waiting. The manager then let everyone in 1/2 hour early, but we couldn't check out until midnight.

Reaction score
It was bad here too at TRU. Much worse than TFA or R1. They had 1 or 2 cases of 3.75" figures, absolutely no new 6" (pegs still filled with Zuvios and Finns), but they had a bunch of Grees. Target was wiped clean in the seasonal dept by the time I got there, but they had a few 3.75s on the main toy aisle, one of them shockingly a Luke, which I snatched up. The only exclusive 6" Stormtrooper Executioner I could find was in someone else's cart. Walmart, on the other hand, was the holy grail. They had multiples of all 6", all Funko Pops, and the TBS vehicles, but no 3.75s. It was a fun night due to being able to chat with collectors in the line at TRU, but boy, did Hasbro drop the ball this year. Being first in line didn't matter!

Reaction score
Dang, slim pickings at TRU. Couldn't score Luke, Rey, Kylo, or even Poe and Rose. I think I just assumed after Rogue One's Force Friday that we wouldn't have another TFA Force Friday situation and everything would be readily available. Went to hit up the Wal-Marts in town, and they didn't have anything out yet. Oh well, I don't work tomorrow so the hunt for Luke is on. Going to hit up Target at opening and see if I can score a Luke.