The Last Jedi - Force Friday - September 1, 2017

GNT

Reaction score
This was posted over at Yakface:

"Our friends at Jedi-Bibliothek have received intel that the Force Friday merchandise roll out for Star Wars: The Last Jedi will allegedly begin globally on September 1, 2017. With the problems that surrounded The Force Awakens event, let’s hope that the products for the sequel have better distribution on launch day."

Let's hope for some good merchandise this time around.

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath. Hasbro is not in touch with the collecting world anymore. They are run by a younger generation that really doesn't know much. They would actually make alot more money if they would listen to the collectors.

Reaction score
I hope they do at least a little catch up with a RO Hovertank in the fall.

Reaction score
already have it marked on my calendar. will be hitting up my local Walmart in the AM and picking up the figures if they are out. :D

Reaction score
I hope that Rian Johnson isn't as tight lipped about what will be shown at Celebration 8 if anything like JJ Abrams was when TFA was released. I mean nothing was shown. The only thing we got as the 6 inch scale TIE fighter and that was it until 9-27th I think.

Reaction score
This load of news doesn't affect me in the slightest, anything I'm after wont come out till much later. Per usual.

Reaction score
I don't think anything new will be shown at CVIII if anything I think we will see a trailer for the new movie, and maybe a few figures but of characters we already know or are expecting like TFA Luke, Resistance General Leia and we will probably see some figures like a new Poe, Finn and Rey. I think any new characters or ships will be kept under cover till either SDCC or Force Friday

Reaction score
I hope that Rian Johnson isn't as tight lipped about what will be shown at Celebration 8 if anything like JJ Abrams was when TFA was released. I mean nothing was shown. The only thing we got as the 6 inch scale TIE fighter and that was it until 9-27th I think.

The TFA movie rollout was somewhat unique since it was the launch of a whole new generation/trilogy. This time with core characters like Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo Ren already established there probably won't be such an all encompassing air of mystery surrounding the entire affair. There will no doubt be story points they'll want to protect, but probably not to the degree they did with TFA.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a teaser trailer come out of Celebration in April, and perhaps another trailer will be attached to one of the Marvel Cinematic Universe releases this summer.

Reaction score
what I'm really surprised at with TLJ is the lack of a teaser already. I mean we had a trailer drop at Thanksgiving for TFA and then the second trailer debuted at CVII. why hasn't Disney/Lucasfilm released a quick teaser already?

Reaction score
what I'm really surprised at with TLJ is the lack of a teaser already. I mean we had a trailer drop at Thanksgiving for TFA and then the second trailer debuted at CVII. why hasn't Disney/Lucasfilm released a quick teaser already?

I am not surprised at all. There was a big leadup to the release of TFA since it was Disney's first big foray into the Star Wars universe.That seemed to merit more lead time as Disney built up the hype for the new Sequel Trilogy. Lucasfilm and Disney let that all play out for the length of TFA's theatrical and DVD/BluRay release.

Once that was all done there was time to start promoting Rogue One. That project was unique since it was the first standalone film in the franchise. And it seemed that Lucasfilm and Disney wanted to give that film a media cycle of it's own as well. Some people went into Rogue One expecting to see an EPISODE VIII trailer. I personally didn't think it would happen because both LFL and Disney wanted the focus to remain on the project they were pushing at the theater: Rogue One.

I suspect the first we will see of THE LAST JEDI will be at Star Wars Celebration. Word is that Rogue One could be released on digital download and Blu Ray some time in March. And season 3 of Star Wars Rebels will probably wrap up in March, too. Celebration is in April. Do the math.

Reaction score
If we don't get some Snoke merchandise this year, I'm going to be very upset. I really want a mini-bust of him seated in his holo-chair.

Reaction score
If we don't get some Snoke merchandise this year, I'm going to be very upset. I really want a mini-bust of him seated in his holo-chair.
that would be a cool idea. I'd even go for a small Diorama style set similar to the Celebration Vader/Emperor Hologram set. they could give us a large holo Snoke and Throne and pack unmasked Kylo Ren (use the Black Series version with the 5POA Head) and an all new SA version of General Hux (with removable cap and trenchcoat)

Reaction score
Looking at the box art we can see we will be getting a white shirted Finn and Rey with her hair down, Poe looks the same so he will be just a repack.

Reaction score
Looking at the box art we can see we will be getting a white shirted Finn and Rey with her hair down, Poe looks the same so he will be just a repack.
Or is that Jedi Rey, Outfit is totally different.

Reaction score
Back on topic, I find it hard to comprehend how anybody with any degree of common sense can get sucked into this marketing nonsense.

Firstly, we most of us concur that the majority of hasbro product these days is sub par and overpriced.

Secondly, the wave one stuff willl be based on early concepts. (I give you Zuvio and the FO Snowspeeder.)

Thirdly, it will get overproduced and blown out for cheap in January.

Reaction score
TFA had no movie in front of it. Disney doesnt want TLJ to overlap Blu Ray release of Rogue One. Celebration and After TLJ will be full speed ahead much bigger than Rogue One.

Reaction score
already have a countdown on my clock for Force Friday... can't wait. really hoping that we see some goodies from TLJ at Toy Fair, or at least Celebration. maybe a nice exclusive at Celebration (not the 6" repack X-Wing Luke on Vintage card- while cool looking I'm not interested). I'm guessing we'll get our first TLJ exclusive at SDCC like last year's RO Jyn Erso and the previous year's FO Stormtrooper for TFA

Reaction score
Not to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure I read yesterday that they're not showing any TLJ toys at Toy Fair.
Something along the lines of, "products for The Last Jedi will be kept under wraps until Force Friday II to preserve surprises for fans"

Reaction score
Not to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure I read yesterday that they're not showing any TLJ toys at Toy Fair.
Something along the lines of, "products for The Last Jedi will be kept under wraps until Force Friday II to preserve surprises for fans"
you never know.. we might see a ship or something but I doubt we'll see figures. I mean we did get the sneak pic of an A-Wing last year from TLJ. we may even get a pic of a possibly Jedi Master Luke from TFA

Reaction score
See, i don't get that. It's supposed to be for them to show off new stuff, but nothing from TLJ will be shown? How does retail know they want it then? :confused:

I realize SW is still very much a long ways off, and SDCC seems more likely to see anything from the Movie. But if something new isn't shown soon, what's suppose to hold our interest until then?

Reaction score
If Hasbro at the very least shows the standard 5 POA Luke from the Force Awakens at toy fair... im happy! Not holding my breath though, its only been 14 months since TFA came out!

Reaction score
See, i don't get that. It's supposed to be for them to show off new stuff, but nothing from TLJ will be shown? How does retail know they want it then? :confused:

I realize SW is still very much a long ways off, and SDCC seems more likely to see anything from the Movie. But if something new isn't shown soon, what's suppose to hold our interest until then?
I doubt it's Hasbro's fault that they're not showing anything. I get the feeling Disney is making LFL and Hasbro be very hush hush in regards to what gets shown.

Reaction score
If Hasbro at the very least shows the standard 5 POA Luke from the Force Awakens at toy fair... im happy! Not holding my breath though, its only been 14 months since TFA came out!
according to sources at Toy Fair... TFA Luke will be available across multiple platforms... 3.75", 6" etc. I'm guessing we'll see a 6" version (maybe SDCC exclusive), 3.75" SA Walmart, 3.75" 5POA general release and maybe a 12" shampoo bottle figure.

Reaction score

Well, because it's Star Wars and no retailer is going to want to be left out after how much merch TFA pushed in that short 24 hour window last time around.

Reaction score
Force Friday at my local Walmart usually does pretty well. Last year I went at 6am on the way to work and found most of what I was hunting for. But, unlike Target or TRU, after that day, they don't seem to restock much at all. I rarely get to Target or TRU but they seem to constantly be getting figures and vehicles in.

Reaction score
The funny thing is that when Hasbro waits, somebody at some store puts the figures out by accident, somebody buys them and posts pictures on the internet, then Hasbro sends out a message denying any figures exsit yet, and people will have to wait until FF.;) That's what I like to look forward to every year.

Reaction score
The funny thing is that when Hasbro waits, somebody at some store puts the figures out by accident, somebody buys them and posts pictures on the internet, then Hasbro sends out a message denying any figures exsit yet, and people will have to wait until FF.;) That's what I like to look forward to every year.
You're almost right. Except for the "denying any figures exist" part. For TFA, they just threatened everyone w/ lawsuits or being banned from specific social media sites.

Reaction score
Imma gonna call it "Force Friday but the Walmart employees don't give a crap so it's not gonna be on the shelf at 7 am like the last 2 force friday, day"

Reaction score
Yeah at the last one I was at Walmart at 6:30 on my way to work, and while they had the Black figures out, most of the Titanium vehicles were shrink-wrapped and still on pallets, so I had to search for those later. Walmart doesn't seem to care about it the way TRU and Target do.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Well, why would they? It isn't like they have an exclusive deal with Hasbro for SW figures or anything.

Reaction score
Yeah at the last one I was at Walmart at 6:30 on my way to work, and while they had the Black figures out, most of the Titanium vehicles were shrink-wrapped and still on pallets, so I had to search for those later. Walmart doesn't seem to care about it the way TRU and Target do.

see and I found it to be the exact opposite. I went to my TRU on Force Friday at midnight and barely walked away with anything. I think I was able to get a complete set of the Micro Machines and maybe a few of the 3.75" action figure and the stormtrooper nerf gun. went to Walmart the next day at 6am and walked away with everything, hit up the Kohls around 9am and scored all of wave 2. I think it depends on the store and the staff. I have 3 walmarts by me and all them failed to put out any of the RO stuff in the am on the release date. I think I only found the 2 packs at my local Walmart. went to tru on my lunch break and was able to at least score all of Wave 1 of the figures.