The "Is This Real?" Please Post Opinions! Pt. 10

Reaction score
Her refusal to use blue came from her handler (I think she was actually Ms. Gadot's acting agent). For some reason these actors are being told to never use blue. I've heard it's because people can take the signature off or that it adds to the overall value of the signature & agents don't like sharing their money. The three helpers for Henry Cavill were telling me I couldn't hand him my blue Sharpie, but I did anyway and he had absolutely no problem using it (and if he did have a problem with it, he's a much better actor than others give him credit for).

I couldn't even try that with Gadot. She wasn't very nice and had already started signing the items I brought, without listening to signature placement instructions...
To quote Jar Jar, “how wude!” But seriously, even Ben Affleck of all people was more than happy to sign with my gold sharpie in the exact place I told him to sign. And he's a two time Oscar winner, not a breakout actress who hit stardom from one movie that just came out less than a year ago (no offense to Gal's talent, of course).

Last edited:
Reaction score
After a barren spell I received this John Boyega in the mail today. I sent it back in April '17 to the theatre when he was on stage in London, so almost a year ago. Slight smudge on the sig but just wondered if it was real, thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After a barren spell I received this John Boyega in the mail today. I sent it back in April '17 to the theatre when he was on stage in London, so almost a year ago. Slight smudge on the sig but just wondered if it was real, thanks.
don't worry about the smudge...they are secretarial...he signed the first batch and had multiple people do the rest

Reaction score
Thanks, I had my doubts. Aside from no personalization, are there any other “tells” on the Oz autograph?

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi everyone

Anyone familiar with "Antiquaties of California"? Prices on their web site seem a little too good. I wanted to buy a couple photos from them but I wanted your opinion first. Thanks.

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking. The F was a pretty good one based on the fakes I've seen. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greetings!

Trying to locate an authentic Hayden Christensen autograph.
Hoping this is the real deal?
It's signed on a plastic bubble, so might be a little distorted.
Appreciate y'alls opinion.
Thanks!

Reaction score
I figure this is the closest thread to place these... great job PSA!

These don't even look like real signatures (as in, something that anyone would actually sign as a personal signature), let alone Scarlett Johansson signatures. How on earth did these pass???

Reaction score
I figure this is the closest thread to place these... great job PSA!

These don't even look like real signatures (as in, something that anyone would actually sign as a personal signature), let alone Scarlett Johansson signatures. How on earth did these pass???
Although I'm no longer a fan of PSA, these didn't pass...the person is actually faking certs and stickers- you can notice some differences when compared to the real deal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
how did he fake it? it's in their database

He obviously just takes the number from an item that has already been authenticated by PSA for the actor in question. Not hard... just go on eBay and you can steal the cert number and create your own certificate and sticker matching the number in the database.

Reaction score
Today our website (StarWarsAwakens.nl, the Dutch SW site) got an email from a firm that is selling the inventory of a company that went bankrupt.

They sent us this photo and asked us if we're interested (without mentioning a price or giving more information, just this photo. No closeup)

Any idea of this is real? I see Lucas, Davis, Hamill, Fisher... but I have no idea if it's fake or not.

Help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Today our website (StarWarsAwakens.nl, the Dutch SW site) got an email from a firm that is selling the inventory of a company that went bankrupt.

They sent us this photo and asked us if we're interested (without mentioning a price or giving more information, just this photo. No closeup)

Any idea of this is real? I see Lucas, Davis, Hamill, Fisher... but I have no idea if it's fake or not.

Help would be appreciated!

100% fake

-Mike

Reaction score
Update:
I asked for closeups… and got them.
Horrible.
Clear to see all are signed with the same pen (and I guess by the same person).
There’s a certificate from Antiquities of California (I googled and I knew enough then… even Anthony Daniels mentions them on his ‘Dark Side’ page.)

I will let the seller know this and hope the photo will be destroyed and won’t be sold.

Reaction score
Thanks starwarsnerd! I was almost certain it was good. I saw bidding only went to around 40 bucks, so I was curious about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Thoughts on this Hamill? Seems consistent with others of his I have, and given the type of sharpie used (I don't have any other items signed by him in something quite this thick or metallic) but the pressure/variation seems about right. If its not legit it didn't cost me much so it is what it is. Thanks!