The IKEA display thread

Reaction score
Re: New listing at Ikea

jimmymindtricks said:
time for me to contribue to this thread

as my display is finally becoming like i intended in the first place

i was looking at the detolfs but i hated the fact that the space between the selves is to high

that's why i decided to take the klingsbo cabinets and custumise them a bit

i also used some of those expidit kube parts to build this

i still need some lights and one more klingsbo to complete
this to my wanting but you'l get the pic euh idea

Hi jimmymindtricks,
Great display - just out of interest did you have problems taking the stands from beneath the klingsbo cabinets - I've looked at these before as I wanted a display not unlike yours but have always been put off by the stands assuming they were part of the overall cabinets ...
Mark.

Reaction score
Re: New listing at Ikea

the stands you speak about are extentions of the legs and

y'oul have to cut them off jsut underneath where the glass starts , do this before you put in the glass

Reaction score
Made a short visit to my local IKEA store yesterday and got some ideas, when checking out some new stuff (at least to me) that they have started to offer. The LED lightning assortment, has grown much bigger and, now there are some nice led ramps for a good price. Just browse for: LED inreda, LED rationell, LED komplement. To me some neat stuff here.

My main display are made from some used store cabinets and IKEA Bestå series. But after have checked the kitchen department, I got a tempted to build a wall with RUBRIK Vitrindörr - rökfärgat glas/svart, 40x70 cm - IKEA , blacked smoked color glas. I'm not super on to that "black line border", but I think it looks rather nice with the black glas and when lighting up the inside, it look rather neat. I somehow like the idea, to have black wall and when you feel for display your collection, then just turn the light on.

Reaction score
Interesting....they appear stackable. Might make a nice penthouse atop a Detolf, though at 24 x 24 x 24 cm they won't hold very much.

Reaction score
Those look killer..9.5 inch cases would hold some pretty nice showcase pieces. Hawaii needs an Ikea already!!

Reaction score
great display case, looks like I have to go to IKEA soon ;) it can be used for display, but I'm pretty sure it can also be used as a small photographic studio ;)

stephane

Reaction score
I've gone through two previous display cases for my collectible pieces. I was staying cheap at first but after seeing a few of my friends' with the glass cases with the overhead light, I knew I wanted to find something nicer like that. I ended up going through a customize display manufacturer called Tecno Display. I got a decent deal for one of the LED lit wall display cases. It has worked out really well and has tempered glass which is really nice. I've had for almost 4 years now? It's still in good condition. I recommend looking into it. their website is at hrrps://tecnodisplay.com

Reaction score
The Principal

Do you have dimensions by any chance?

Not an IKEA fan but for that price I would consider one

Reaction score
I have seen the Detolf in person. It's much bigger than it sounds. Echo Base in Orlando have a few of these filled with vintage pieces. They look pretty cool. I think I'm going to buy 3 of them. I'm about 1.5 hour drive away from Ikea.