The huge lot - my Custom Head & Helmet sculpts - All of them

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
No, I completely understand: what good is a future promise without the product being purchased in the first place! I know it doesn't help now, but assuming enough money is raised to get the lot, some of the initial buyers will be back for more rather than buying them all at once. I think I want close to ten different headsculpts, but just don't have enough to do it all at once. So even though the primary concern for you is everyone's first order, there will be more later too. But I'm optimistic that whether people initially buy 2 or 10, you'll have more than enough orders placed to be able to purchase the lot (and we do have to help get the message out).

Reaction score
You only need 33 people to buy 10 heads at $10 each. I'll help get the word out as well.

Reaction score
I'm in for 100, with the next paycheck! - this guys work is fantastic

$100

Last edited:
Reaction score
100 heads, or $100?? 100 heads puts us 1/3 of the way there!! LOL

OK, seriously...

I've been thinking about this and discussing it with some others, and I've decided to do it a little more "Kickstarter-ish" to get the ball rolling.

These prices will be for the initial run ONLY, to get the funds needed to get the project off the ground. These will be available at my store after the funds are generated, and will cost $10 each unpainted at that time.

But, for this project to get off the ground, here's what I'm looking to do:

$10 gets you 1 unpainted cast
$50 gets you 6 unpainted casts ($10 savings)
$100 gets you 15 unpainted casts ($50 savings)
$250 gets you all 35 ($100 savings)

$20 gets you a cast painted by me
$35 gets you the original cast painted by Evergrey

Shipping is extra, as already stated - $2 in the US, $7 International.

If you are SERIOUSLY interested - remember, these funds need to be sent NOW so that I can purchase these items to get the project started - contact me via PM as I am going to be keeping a list of who wants what.

And yes, please feel free to share it anywhere you can. I shared it on my Facebook page, and got some interest in it, feel free to do the same. Here's the link to the album on my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151481288741821.1073741827.168191801820&type=3

Reaction score
Yes, I'll be accepting the funds as Paypal payments, preferably as gifts so I won't lose the fees associated... because then I'll have to raise that much more to get the $3250... but I'm not taking the payments quite yet. I'm going to try and wait until I have 'verbal confirmation' from anyone that wants anything. As I said, I'm keeping a list of everything, so please contact me via PM to let me know exactly what you're looking to get so I can keep track of the $ amounts.

Reaction score
Man, $3250 is a lot of money to send out to anyone without meeting up in person. I hope you aren't putting yourself in a potentially vulnerable position, jokabofe. If the unthinkable happened and these didn't get to you, a lot of people are going to expect their money back... and that could put you in a bad spot. Seems you are taking on a lot more risk here than Evergray.

Would it be possible for Evergray to send you 1-2 of these up front in "good faith" or anything?

Reaction score
I assume that regardless of the level of commitment that buyers will be able to pick which heads they like? It isn't a case where someone pays the $50 and they receive 6 random heads they may or may not want. Just asking.....appreciate your efforts in trying to make these more readily available to customizers.

Reaction score
Man, $3250 is a lot of money to send out to anyone without meeting up in person. I hope you aren't putting yourself in a potentially vulnerable position, jokabofe. If the unthinkable happened and these didn't get to you, a lot of people are going to expect their money back... and that could put you in a bad spot. Seems you are taking on a lot more risk here than Evergray.

Would it be possible for Evergray to send you 1-2 of these up front in "good faith" or anything?
Yeah, I agree with you there, and it's something I have been thinking about. But I'll discuss the particulars with Evergrey when/if the time comes that I have enough money in hand to actually pay for the items. I have to assume that he may be a little more interested in working out payment if I can actually pay for the items instead of talking in hyphotheticals, lol.

I assume that regardless of the level of commitment that buyers will be able to pick which heads they like? It isn't a case where someone pays the $50 and they receive 6 random heads they may or may not want. Just asking.....appreciate your efforts in trying to make these more readily available to customizers.
No, you will get what I send you and you will LIKE IT!! DO YOU HEAR ME!!

Of course people can pick which pieces they want. What good would it be to do it any other way, at least in the initial offering. I may put some of these in grab bags that are sold at my online shop going forward but that won't be for a while yet, if at all.

I've tried to message every person that expressed some interest in this thread, but if you are interested and haven't posted here, or did not get a message from me, please feel free to contact me and I can add you to the list.

Reaction score
Thanks Jokabofe. I got your PM and I replied. I am definitely going to pony up money in about a week or whenever you are set to accept payments.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
No, you will get what I send you and you will LIKE IT!! DO YOU HEAR ME!!
I can't stop laughing at that- I think we have a similar sense of humor, because I would have responded the same way LOL!

Anyway, I had another question: any chance human heads can be cast in flesh color? The examples on page 2 look SO much better than the hand-painted flesh versions. I don't know anything about casting though, so it might be harder to do than I'm thinking.

Reaction score
Hi everybody :)

Wow ... I had been away over the weekend vistiting my parents and
so much has happened here ... I'm speechless ... so if I understand
it all correctly Jokabofe has taken on the task to get all the sculpts
out to you guys :) - dude - you may contact me anytime via PM if
you happen to have ANY questions or want to discuss anything.

Cheers and take care,

Evergrey

Reaction score
Well, so far... it's not looking that great that this will happen.

I emailed more than 40 people that posted in this thread inquiring how to get these over the past year or stating that they were interested in purchasing them. I've heard back from... 10. And out of those 10, only about half are still interested. I get it, I understand... people sometimes change their minds, people stop collecting, funds are tight, or whatever else real-life things happen. I don't blame anyone or hold any ill will towards the people who are no longer interested.

But so far, the 'promised' amount of money to put towards these casts is - $850

So we still have a ways to go. We'll see where it goes from here I guess...

Reaction score
Dude, you're doing a great job !!! :) ... Rome wasn't built over night either ^^

After just a short week you've already got about a quarter of the $$$ together to
get it going ... I think that demands some respect.

What I can offer you is that once you've managed to raise $2250,- I could send the
heads out to you and you can pay the rest a bit later when you've sold a few copies.

Cheers,

Evergrey

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well done you guys for coming to an agreement.

Evergrey, can you confirm the 4 Indy heads are a part if the agreement?

Looking forward to seeing the spoils!

Reaction score
Are there people here who participate in other Star Wars collecting forums? JediDefender? Galactic Hunter? Yakface? This project would probably get a lot of interest that way.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I like the pricing incentive you came up with, jokabofe. Each head costs less the more you buy. I hadn't PM'ed you yet, but as I stated earlier, I can only contribute another $20-30 to your total during Summer when I have fewer funds. The reality seems to be this: no one person is willing to buy the lot, even reduced in price to less than half what it originally was in asking price. Now, we see that over 40 people in this thread are not willing to collectively promise to put enough together to get it. Fewer than 10 people have promised about 1/4 the cost. That's even if everyone follows through. So here's another option, Evergrey: break up that goldurned lot. If you're willing to sell them all, then sell a few right now and make some money. Pick 3 heads of high demand and sell them for $400 dollars if you want. If Jokabofe gets enough cast and sold, he'll get together some more of our money and buy more later. These are yours to do with what you will, of course- put them away if Hasbro won't take them, and nobody will buy all of them. But these things are beautiful and you can sell them off if you get past the lot-only mentality. I think based on your responses and price drops/negotiations, you'd consider it. Whether the lot-only stipulation is set in stone or a careful bluff, I don't think it will matter because the money doesn't seem to be there :oops:

Reaction score
Jokabofe i replied to your PM.
Just a thought if you are looking to expand your potential contributors to the kickstart fund raiser,
www.imperialshipyards.net is an awesome customising site i am sure alot of you have visited,
great bunch of dudes and dude etts there. I am sure if you contact or post there, you will get alot of interest from the gang on ISY.

Reaction score
The reasons I don't want to sell single heads or split them up (as I tried once before)
are the following, no *bluff* (whatever you mean by that as I don't get it) ...

1. I want all the heads to go in the hands of one peson who takes care of them as
it would be a pita if people would have to turn to one guy to get a Vader Helmet, to
the next guy to get a Yoda head, on to the next to get a Piett and so on and so on.
If people are able to get every head from the same guy it's a lot simpler, and if that
person someday does not want to sell more casts he can go on and sell all the molds
to the next guy who can continue his work - so the lot stays together.

2. I live in Europe - so the shipping costs are really really high if you choose to use a
*safe* and fully trackable shipping method. Regular Air-Mail is already about $80 to
the US, and the *Express* option is easily another 40-50 $ ... I think it's absolute
nonsense to pay that much shipping for 3 or 4 heads, but for the entire lot I will pay
the shipping including the express option.

3. The next thing is that I really need to get this thing *closed and off my back* now,
as I really have other things to really worry about atm and in the near future, and I
don't like to over-complicate and *time-stretch* things - just don't have the head
for all of that now.

4. Not really a reason, but the box is already packed, all the heads sealed in small
ziplock bags with layers of bubble wrap foil inbetween, and so on and so on ...
... so the lot is ready to go.

Cheers and take care everybody,

Evergrey

Reaction score
I was informed that my math actually made it *more* expensive per head to purchase the full 35 piece lot then the 15 pcs, so I've adjusted the price on all 35 to $225 which brings it to around $6.43 per head, compared with $6.62 or something per head for 15 pieces... I failed math in school, what can I say.

I adjusted the amounts for those that contacted me requesting the full lot, and with that and a few new possible contributors, my current 'total' adds up to around $1400 all told. So we're almost there, if I agree to take them off EG's hands for $2250 and owe him the other $1K. Honestly, I'd rather not do it that way, because I have no way of knowing how long it would take to come up with that extra $1K... not to mention that this is what I do 'full time' so I'm used to using all the money that I get from my store to pay my bills and feed my family... and I don't want anything to interfere with that to be honest. So if we can't get the full amount I'm not sure what will happen here. But as you said, it's only been a short period of time, and we're almost half way to your $3250 goal. So we'll see what happens.

Are there people here who participate in other Star Wars collecting forums? JediDefender? Galactic Hunter? Yakface? This project would probably get a lot of interest that way.
Feel free to share it anywhere you want. Any forums, your Facebook or personal pages, blogs, etc. Wherever we can get more people would be great. No offense to those sites, but I'm pretty sure that the traffic and amount of members on RS is miles above all of the others combined. Does Galactic Hunter even HAVE forums any more?

...So here's another option, Evergrey: break up that goldurned lot. If you're willing to sell them all, then sell a few right now and make some money. Pick 3 heads of high demand and sell them for $400 dollars if you want. If Jokabofe gets enough cast and sold, he'll get together some more of our money and buy more later.
Well, EG has already stated that he doesn't want to do that, and I agree. It would just be easier for me to grab them all at the same time, in one shipment. As I already stated, this is what I do to earn a living right now, I don't have a 'regular' job, so all the money that I pull in from my store goes to pay my bills and feed my family. I don't want to try to juggle that AND putting cash to the side to grab the next batch from EG, just from a personal standpoint.

Jokabofe i replied to your PM.
Just a thought if you are looking to expand your potential contributors to the kickstart fund raiser,
www.imperialshipyards.net is an awesome customising site i am sure alot of you have visited,
great bunch of dudes and dude etts there. I am sure if you contact or post there, you will get alot of interest from the gang on ISY.
Well... I wouldn't go near that site with a 10 foot pole. In fact, just reading that URL made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. If you want to bring it up to them, feel free, but I'm sure they will want absolutely NOTHING to do with it once they find out that I am involved.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Absolutely your choice to do whatever, and you don't need or owe an explanation (though it's nice that you did). I'm going to leave this to those involved, and if it happens, I'll be in line to buy some casts because these are fantastic to be so accurate to the film likenesses. But I just want to clear up/respond to a couple things: what I meant by "bluff" is that it's quite possible that despite you repeatedly stating you will only sell these as one lot, if no one ever bites, you may eventually sell them individually as opposed to storing them away. We don't know that for sure. I guess whatever happens, happens, and we just wait and see. The reason I think it's a possibility is that you came down in price dramatically from the beginning, which suggests more than a willingness to get them sold. As for the shipping issue- well, not sure what to offer there- I don't know how often packages from UK to US go missing, but one could send a small parcel for a few dollars without all the shipping bells and whistles. The only other thing I'd say is about who buys them: you can certainly control selling them to one person, but you do realize that as soon as the transaction is completed, that property can go to whomever or wherever the person wants? I know this is your emotionally-invested work, but once sold, that person(s) can do whatever they want, including selling on eBay or storing them as museum pieces. You have no guarantee that jokabofe or whoever will cast until done, then sell all of them to the next caster.

Anyway, I'm playing devil's advocate there a bit- I'm just trying to read into whether you really DON'T want to sell them for the reasons you give, or if you will do whatever to sell them (but are trying the lot-only option first, until it just isn't an option even after several price drops).

EDIT: this post was directed to Evergrey, but you got a post in before I could, jokabofe!

Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
It would just be easier for me to grab them all at the same time, in one shipment. As I already stated, this is what I do to earn a living right now, I don't have a 'regular' job, so all the money that I pull in from my store goes to pay my bills and feed my family. I don't want to try to juggle that AND putting cash to the side to grab the next batch from EG, just from a personal standpoint.
Understood, and I don't want to put "words" in your mouth that you'd rather get a few at a time instead of the whole lot (which you just said you wouldn't). I was trying to offer alternatives if the whole amount isn't possible. What I mean is, would you rather none of them or say, half of them? If the whole amount is possible, then great!

Reaction score
Yeah, I see what you're saying, and while I *can* agree with you somewhat, that would actually open a whole other issue... the requests that I've gotten have been all over the place, so trying to find the correct amount of people needed to grab, say 4 specific heads and get them sold AND generate enough funds to buy the next batch would be really hard. And, I'm sure, at some point, when the "less desirable" (going by the amount of requests, of course, not the quality of the work) are left, then EG would essentially be stuck with them since there would be little to no interest.

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Well... I wouldn't go near that site with a 10 foot pole. In fact, just reading that URL made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. If you want to bring it up to them, feel free, but I'm sure they will want absolutely NOTHING to do with it once they find out that I am involved.[/QUOTE]

Your point of view, and i respect that.
Didnt know you had history there, dont really care.
Just thought it would boost the sales.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it just takes a bit time ... things are really slow atm, and a lot of
collectors are really let down by Hasbros lack of good new products so
there is not as much traffic here as it used to be. I'm sure that as soon
as Jokeabofe is *ready to go* he'll let us all know :)

Reaction score
Any update? Not getting enough interest?
It's slowly gaining interest I guess... right now we're at about $1600 of 'promised' cash. However, take into account that when the goal is 'reached' - I'll have to start actually collecting the money, as I have not yet taken any money from anyone. And at that point, circumstances may have changed for some, who will no longer be able to contribute. Which is understandable. It sucks, but I get it, if that happens to anyone.

Reaction score
I'm hoping to be in for this soon. I never replied to the PM because some medical emergencies have left me very very low on cash (and have been unable to have any time at all for customizing). Hoping things improve soon, though, as I would love to get in on the alien heads especially.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I figured I would bump this just to let everyone know that I'm going to start up a campaign on the website IndieGoGo.com - it's basically like Kickstarter, but... I don't know, I guess it's a little more lenient?? I see several projects up there for various Star Wars displays and items, and apparently they were allowed to be started and collect funds, without worry for the copyrights or anything, so... I figure I'll put a campaign together and see what happens. As it stands, I have about $1900 worth of promises at the moment. I'd rather do it this way, because asking people and having them say 'yes' now is great, but I know that there will be one or two people that will have circumstances come up that prevents them from paying when the time comes. But this way, if it's thru something like this, I believe that you pay at the moment that you say "yes" and then if the funding is not completed, you get your money back.

Anyway, I'm just starting on this today, and while I will be putting as much times as I can into it, I expect it to take me a few days to get everything together. But rest assured, as soon as the campaign is up and running, I will post it here. Then you can all share it via whatever other means you would like, and hopefully we can raise the money needed to get this project off the ground.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Once I saw the display base/wall indiegogo hit its funding so quickly, I was hoping that it would be the route this took. Hoping that it works out for everyone involved.

Reaction score
I'm very much interested in being a part of this. There's at least half a dozen heads there that I would love to receive. How does one participate? Send monies too etc...?
thanks,
Christopher

Reaction score
Great to see that things are still going :) ...
I also have a *little* bump to add to this ...

A while ago I had started a new Episode 3 Clone Trooper Phase 2
Helmet sculpt after the first one got destroyed by an accident :(
Well, that little helmet is almost finished, and once it's done I will
add it to the lot for free - so it's one more. I have no pics, yet as
I really want to finish it first before I show it, but it shouldn't take
that long anymore ...

Cheers everybody,

Evergrey

Reaction score
... just a little update - I finished the EP3 Clone Phase II Helmet sculpt just
yesterday and I'll try to make the mold over the weekend, so I should be able
to post a pic of a painted Helmet cast sometime within the next 2 weeks... :)
I also found something else on one of my *dust collecting shelves* that I had
started a while ago but never finished, so maybe I'll even have some more you
might like in my next post ;-) ...