The High Republic Black Series Most Wanted

Reaction score
Since we are hours away from the launch of The High Republic, here’s a thread where we can discuss the figures we want from the books. I haven’t read any yet but I’m all in for a Jedi Wookiee.

Reaction score
Eh...
I've bought in to the Mandalorian. Much the same as with the Sequel Trilogy, I'm just not interested. No shade. If you like it, cool. But I won't be paying attention.

Star Wars as a hole should really be focusing on creating a universe within a specific time frame and building toward some epic showdown years from now in the Marvel mold. (Thrawn...) That would hold my interest.

Reaction score
Eh...
I've bought in to the Mandalorian. Much the same as with the Sequel Trilogy, I'm just not interested. No shade. If you like it, cool. But I won't be paying attention.

Star Wars as a hole should really be focusing on creating a universe within a specific time frame and building toward some epic showdown years from now in the Marvel mold. (Thrawn...) That would hold my interest.
Well Plageus is part of the High Republic era since it ends around 100 years before Phantom Menace so it might be building to him? There is The Acolyte coming out. We’ll just have to see. All I want is more Jedi Black Series. With Cloaks! Haha

Reaction score
Huh. They just released a dramaic launch trailer... for books(?).

I just... I don't know what's going on anymore.

Reaction score
I like the Avar Kriss character design (front and center on the Light of the Jedi book cover), that sort of opulent knight look. And I'll probably consider any Jedi and any cool looking pirates or aliens. But overall I'm not very excited about High Republic. The Acolyte might change that.

Reaction score
Never read any of the EU books, never going to read any of these.
Will only, possibly maybe, interest me, if they will be animated or live action.

But from what I've seen and heard so far, they are going to do a whole lot better to catch my interest.
I just don't see Hasbro do any of these (yet), with Sequels in mind and how "many" they produced for those.

Reaction score
The "trailer" didn't do anything to me so far. Dont like the interlinking medias, so would need to get ALL books, ALL comics and whatever comes after to follow.
Sure, I understand the concept, back then, SOTE was the sam, but compared just a short story arc between two movies

Might have been more excited if they'd chosen the old "Tales of the Jedi" era.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Never read any of the EU books, never going to read any of these.
Will only, possibly maybe, interest me, if they will be animated or live action.

But from what I've seen and heard so far, they are going to do a whole lot better to catch my interest.
I just don't see Hasbro do any of these (yet), with Sequels in mind and how "many" they produced for those.
Like any series of books, some of the EU books are great, some are bad and some are just meh. If you like The Clone Wars era then the Karen Travis Clone books are really worth a read as are some of the fill in the gap in the movies books. As for this High Republic stuff, nothing about it has interested me so far.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The "trailer" didn't do anything to me so far. Dont like the interlinking medias, so would need to get ALL books, ALL comics and whatever comes after to follow.
Sure, I understand the concept, back then, SOTE was the sam, but compared just a short story arc between two movies

Might have been more excited if they'd chosen the old "Tales of the Jedi" era.
Would love Ulic Qel-droma and Nomi Sunrider figures.

That Trandoshan Jedi would be cool as a figure as well. Hope if anything we could get unique lightsaber handles and Jedi designs in black series. The more regal aspect of this era reminds me of the Army of Light under Jedi Lord Hoth when Jedi had their own military and almost feudal/regional control.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Figures from novels are going to be odd to see, kinda doubt Hasbro will bank on them at all. Look at the support video games and shows, hell even the movies got. They're not gonna put many, if any, eggs in the basket for novel based in a new era.

Now the show? Yeah. Comics? While I'd love more comic figures they line has too much going on to get things like that.

As for me I have a problem with 6" figures in the SW universe. So I'm sure I'll be buying most of what they put out. Especially if they do the Nihl. Wonder if they're cultists following the story of Nihilus.

Truthfully with Star Wars media expanding Hasbro needs to buckle down and make more worthwhile releases per year. I'd like to see the line have further sublines like Gaming Greats. If they had dedicated sublines for say printed media we may get some more of them. Look at the prices Aphra and her droids command.

Reaction score
If you like The Clone Wars era then the Karen Travis Clone books are really worth a read as are some of the fill in the gap in the movies books.
I have written off that series... used to like it because it connects all the dots in the Mandalorian story, from the Old Marvel stuff onward, but sadly they were overwritten by the Clone Wars animated series even before Disney, then Karen Traviss dropped the rest of the series completely, leaving it unfinished because of the conflicting timelines, and the ultimate outcome of the story is part of the Old EU post ROTJ and therefore completely dead since the Disney EU kill. Kinda pointless to read it now.

As far as High Republic is concerned, I find some of the Jedi designs really cool, but I would prefer to read the actual story first. At the moment, HR looks like an overwhelming mass of publications that are all interconnected aka must read, and I'm not sure I like that (I loathe superhero crossovers). Let's wait for the paperback editions. (So far, I don't even know what's the suggested reading sequence here...)

I don't regularly collect 6" any more so it's a huge if anyway.

Reaction score
While it's possible they might do a couple of the main characters just to cover it, especially if they happen to be popular one. I feel that they will have their hands full just trying to keep up with live action media and it is easier to create a figure from a actual person than a page in a book. Although Comics are a littler easier due to having actual visuals.

Honestly speaking I have no interest in this because I've done spent my time in the "reading" section for Star Wars and I just don't have to the time anymore to delve into a series of books/comics, basically EU as it is expanded material from Movies. So I especially have no interest in characters from this material in the wake of never getting several TOR/KotOR figures, it would basically feel like another slap in the face to me. I also have no interest in the Plageus character, so it means nothing for it to lead into him. And I also hope the Acolyte has nothing to do with him, personally.

Reaction score
Considering Hasbro's turnaround time for a demonstrably popular series like the Mandalorian, I'm not sure what the point would be to release High Republic figures over a year from now 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
Like any series of books, some of the EU books are great, some are bad and some are just meh. If you like The Clone Wars era then the Karen Travis Clone books are really worth a read as are some of the fill in the gap in the movies books. As for this High Republic stuff, nothing about it has interested me so far.
Too many big words in books, me like drawings more :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Considering Hasbro's turnaround time for a demonstrably popular series like the Mandalorian, I'm not sure what the point would be to release High Republic figures over a year from now 🤷‍♂️
It looks as if the book series is laid out over several years. Although we wouldn't know who lives and who dies until then... I heard sometimes an expensive ship is blown up, or so...

Reaction score
The character designs for the Jedi look great and would make fantastic figures.

Reaction score
I'd love a few High Republic Jedi. The designs look colorful and fun, especially with the lightsaber variants. I'm not expecting them, but I think they'd be sensible releases for 2021 considering how big of a push these books are getting.

Reaction score
I'm not really interested in this whole High Republic thing in the first place, so I most likely wouldn't be interested in any potential figures. I am an avid reader, but I gave up on the EU books a long time ago and haven't delved into any of the "new EU" books since Disney took over. I watched the "trailer" and I can't say that any of the designs really appeal to me either.

Reaction score
I *might* be interested in some of the alien species Jedi as figures, but really don't care about more human figures at this point.

I still think if Hasbro just finished the original Kenner line up of figures from the 1970s and 80s OT, those would far outsell any of these new 3rd tier EU off-shoot characters.

Reaction score
I mean, I might grab a figure or two if they are really cool looking, but at this point, six or seven years into collecting this line, I'm saving my money and shelf space for OT characters.

Reaction score
I'm about halfway through the novel. The Jedi actually seem pretty cool and interesting. They are all still in "ceremonial" robes at this point but the book suggests that Jedi of this time wear some sort of armor when on the battlefield. That could make for some nice looking figures.

Reaction score
I have read all the material and I LOVE The High Republic. I suggest everyone give it a try. This will be the direction that Star Wars is going after the Skywalker Saga. I really want a Vernestra Rwoh action figure and an Avar Kriss and Loden Greatstorm and a Marchion Ro.

Reaction score
I have read all the material and I LOVE The High Republic. I suggest everyone give it a try. This will be the direction that Star Wars is going after the Skywalker Saga. I really want a Vernestra Rwoh action figure and an Avar Kriss and Loden Greatstorm and a Marchion Ro.
I cannot get excited for it. I know in a few years I'll read it when I'm bored and maybe then I'll probably wish I'd gotten in on the initial hype. I am looking forward to Alphabet Squadron 3 in a couple months, though.

Reaction score
Where did you hear with any definity that this is the direction SW is going?

Reaction score
I doubt this will be the direction it goes after the Skywalker saga, that was movie based and this is book based. I suspect Roque Squadron is more in tune with what the new direction will look like for Movies as it seems to be going forwards and not backwards. That said there's no specific era that they need to set it in to move forward, could be in the old Republic or it could be 30 years after after the ST.

With all the different eras that the stories are set in I don't think one can accurately say "this" or "that" is the direction they're going. They will continue to do what they have been doing since 2012, Books, Comics, Movies all set in whatever era they decide to tell stories in. While the MCU often gets brought up i don't think Star Wars need to follow a linear path that the MCU does. IMO every movie could simply be a one off and not be a trilogy at all, and they all could tell stories set either in the same time frame and semi connected or decades apart and totally seperate.

Reaction score
I doubt this will be the direction it goes after the Skywalker saga, that was movie based and this is book based. I suspect Roque Squadron is more in tune with what the new direction will look like for Movies as it seems to be going forwards and not backwards. That said there's no specific era that they need to set it in to move forward, could be in the old Republic or it could be 30 years after after the ST.

With all the different eras that the stories are set in I don't think one can accurately say "this" or "that" is the direction they're going. They will continue to do what they have been doing since 2012, Books, Comics, Movies all set in whatever era they decide to tell stories in. While the MCU often gets brought up i don't think Star Wars need to follow a linear path that the MCU does. IMO every movie could simply be a one off and not be a trilogy at all, and they all could tell stories set either in the same time frame and semi connected or decades apart and totally seperate.
Grogu is the the future of Star Wars for the next 800 years. I hope to see most of it...

Besides, who really thinks Disney is going to tear down Galaxy's Hedge and rebuild it as some "Starlight Beacon" where everyone is the best ever? Sounds awful.

Reaction score
Where did you hear with any definity that this is the direction SW is going?
At the Disney Investor's Meeting, it was confirmed that The Acolyte would take place in the High Republic era. This would be the very first time that a television series or film would take place in an area of Star Wars originated in the books. Lucasfilm revealed the plans that The High Republic series would be a multi platform event lasting at least 3 years. So there is The Mandalorian, but the High Republic seems to be just as ambitious in terms of where Star Wars will go in the future.

Reaction score
Grogu is the the future of Star Wars for the next 800 years. I hope to see most of it...

Besides, who really thinks Disney is going to tear down Galaxy's Hedge and rebuild it as some "Starlight Beacon" where everyone is the best ever? Sounds awful.
I love your Grogu reasoning. I agree! haha. Though honestly I would love a Jedi theme park.

Reaction score

It is book based right now, but they will be venturing into tv territory with The Acolyte. Star Wars is for everyone in all different age groups. The High Republic is their new era that they will be exploring. I just hope we get to see more Black Series Jedi :).

Reaction score
At the Disney Investor's Meeting, it was confirmed that The Acolyte would take place in the High Republic era. This would be the very first time that a television series or film would take place in an area of Star Wars originated in the books. Lucasfilm revealed the plans that The High Republic series would be a multi platform event lasting at least 3 years. So there is The Mandalorian, but the High Republic seems to be just as ambitious in terms of where Star Wars will go in the future.
Just because the show was announced, doesn't mean it will get made if The High Republic performs poorly. Let's not forget, Disney at one point announced Rian Johnson was getting a movie trilogy and then never mentioned it again after the backlash TLJ received. Even if it is made, the show is set just 50 years before The Phantom Menace, so I wouldn't expect it to be too different from what we've seen in episode one and most likely will be Plagueis related and with Yoda being the only Jedi in it from the books.

The Mandalorian is set in an era outlined in the biggest selling books from the EU so the Acolyte won't be the first show that came from the books and let's not forget, the Mandalorian was a massive instant hit with both Star Wars fans and the general public alike, thanks largely to Baby Yoda who became a pop culture focal point overnight as did Mando himself. The High Republic hasn't got even close to that level of success dispite the push from Disney as just like with the EU, those outside the Star Wars fanbase pay no attention to the books and comics and already very few if any mainstream media outlets are even talking about The High Republic, yet those very same media outlets are still banging on about the Mandalorian and a certain someone who showed up in the last episode.