The Ghost

Reaction score
I'd love to get a toy version of the Ghost especially if all the crew can fit inside like in the original 70s toy version of the Falcon.

Say a cockpit that seats two figures, 2 gun turrets that each fit one figure, and then an area to seat about 3 or 4 figures in some kind of crew quarters/cargo hold.

I hope it doesn't fall to the same fate as the Twilight, but then the Twilight wasn't used as regularly on CW as it would appear the Ghost will feature in Rebels

Reaction score
The Twilight was a missed opportunity, but it really wasn't important in Seasons 2-4. Season 5 had it briefly reappear only to die in a fire.

Reaction score
The Twilight was a missed opportunity, but it really wasn't important in Seasons 2-4. Season 5 had it briefly reappear only to die in a fire.
It didn't really have a very interesting or aesthetically-pleasing design anyway.

Reaction score
I'd be very interested in a big Ghost ship, and my interest would rise to a "no-doubt purchase" if Hasbro ever gets the go-ahead from Lucasfilm to release SA/realistic Rebels figures to crew her.
In one of the Q and A's, Hasbro said they had the go-ahead from LFL to do that if they wanted, but it would likely be a couple of years before they did Rebels characters in the SA line.

Reaction score
In one of the Q and A's, Hasbro said they had the go-ahead from LFL to do that if they wanted, but it would likely be a couple of years before they did Rebels characters in the SA line.
I think they're hoping that collectors buy the 5 POA versions first as well as the fact that they don't want to scare parents by having the cheaper priced 5POA line sold out at a store and a higher priced TBS Rebels figure being their only option for their kid that wants a Rebels figure.

Anyway, the Ghost would be a cool ship and I have the feeling that was the big ship Hasbro was talking about for 2015. I think they'll have an easier time selling that then with all of the SW hype for the film in Dec. as well as already having an established Rebels audience.

GNT

Reaction score
After seeing the Hero Millennium Falcon get made, I don't see why they couldn't release the Ghost in a years time in a similar basic version. I'd rather a basic version then nothing at all.

Reaction score
After seeing the Hero Millennium Falcon get made, I don't see why they couldn't release the Ghost in a years time in a similar basic version. I'd rather a basic version then nothing at all.
You know what? That's not a bad idea.

That's really not a bad idea at all.

If Hasbro really does want to give the new Hero line of vehicles a big push, what better way than by offering (what I assume will wind up being) an iconic SW ship, in it's first-ever release?

Especially if it's the first/only Ghost product made available to the public?

Assuming that Rebels is a hit with the fan base, I think kids and collectors both would find themselves lining up for a chance to bring home the mother ship (even in the form of an empty plastic shell).

Myself? I dream of a BMF Ghost, with all the bells and whistles (and the ability to have the Phantom dock with her, too). But as I alluded to before, I could probably only justify the expense of such a purchase if we had realistic, SA Rebels figures to man the ship. Otherwise, it might feel like a big SW purchase that I was somewhat less than "all-in" on.

But a less expensive (and yet, even larger) Hero-line Ghost? Heck, now I'm going to feel disappointed if it doesn't happen. :p

I hope you know something the rest of us don't, GNT, because that could be brilliant.

Reaction score
YES I'd totally down with a basic Ghost. It would be great to have a cockpit for the figures and functional turrets. As it is, I will probably venture to make my own if Hasbro doesn't. Something that matches the scale of the vintage Falcon I could totally live with.

Reaction score
Hasbro can't sell.
Fixed.

On the real though, they really can't sell anything (especially big) until they fix their distribution and the product/market understanding.

Remember when we used to get a big vehicle every year? Surely a Ghost in line with the BMF, AT-TE, BAT-AT, Turbo Tank, and the like would've been possible back then.

There was a level of trust in Hasbro's direction and overall quality. Far from perfect, but they made things we wanted and looked forward to. I laughed as soon as I saw the Nerf Falcon. I get that kids are different now and are bombarded with stimuli from electronics and such, but I think most kids who'd want a toy like the Falcon would've been fine pretending to shoot with their ship. Not actually shooting. And parents would've been happy with a slightly lower price point with that silly gimmick stripped out. Although yes, I know some kids like it. But I hated gimmicky shooting features even as a child.

Were I Hasbro, I would've re-released the small wing TIE, released the Legacy A-Wing in blue, and thrown an X-Wing out there in a configuration we haven't seen yet. Lots of small vehicles, too. Kanan with bike, Ezra with bike, trooper with bike, probe droid, and some mini rigs. Then I would've used all that as a foundation to release a Ghost and Phantom set later.

Also, SA figures on vintage cards to go with the 5POA for the kids. Something for everyone. But those days are gone.

It's not difficult, Hasbro. Just stop making **** no one wants. **** your Hero Mashers.

Reaction score
I can understand why no Twilight, as stated it was only in a fraction of the episodes. But for Rebels, where that ship is pretty much showcased in every episode. Then maybe they should do something about it. Oh but don't worry, Hasbro showed the love by releasing the shuttle that shoots out its back hole!

Reaction score
I would really be interested in the Ghost, but not in that awful Hero form. A Hero form Ghost would just be a hunk of plastic with a dart to shoot out of it. I'd rather see a BMF type Ghost.

However, it's also possible that Disney told Hasbro not to make certain things because they don't want it to get in the way of the new films. I have a Feeling that season 3 will probably be it for Rebels anyway, so if Hasbro knows that, it could be the reason for not making the Ghost.

However, if there is some Connection between Rebels and RO, then Hasbro might have the Ghost planned for the fall.

Reaction score
I would really be interested in the Ghost, but not in that awful Hero form. A Hero form Ghost would just be a hunk of plastic with a dart to shoot out of it. I'd rather see a BMF type Ghost.

However, it's also possible that Disney told Hasbro not to make certain things because they don't want it to get in the way of the new films. I have a Feeling that season 3 will probably be it for Rebels anyway, so if Hasbro knows that, it could be the reason for not making the Ghost.

However, if there is some Connection between Rebels and RO, then Hasbro might have the Ghost planned for the fall.
that would be an interesting and possibly decent crossover if Rebels met up with Rogue 1

Reaction score
Fixed.

On the real though, they really can't sell anything (especially big) until they fix their distribution and the product/market understanding.

Remember when we used to get a big vehicle every year? Surely a Ghost in line with the BMF, AT-TE, BAT-AT, Turbo Tank, and the like would've been possible back then.

There was a level of trust in Hasbro's direction and overall quality. Far from perfect, but they made things we wanted and looked forward to. I laughed as soon as I saw the Nerf Falcon. I get that kids are different now and are bombarded with stimuli from electronics and such, but I think most kids who'd want a toy like the Falcon would've been fine pretending to shoot with their ship. Not actually shooting. And parents would've been happy with a slightly lower price point with that silly gimmick stripped out. Although yes, I know some kids like it. But I hated gimmicky shooting features even as a child.

Were I Hasbro, I would've re-released the small wing TIE, released the Legacy A-Wing in blue, and thrown an X-Wing out there in a configuration we haven't seen yet. Lots of small vehicles, too. Kanan with bike, Ezra with bike, trooper with bike, probe droid, and some mini rigs. Then I would've used all that as a foundation to release a Ghost and Phantom set later.

Also, SA figures on vintage cards to go with the 5POA for the kids. Something for everyone. But those days are gone.

It's not difficult, Hasbro. Just stop making **** no one wants. **** your Hero Mashers.
I couldn't have said it better.

Reaction score
I can understand why no Twilight, as stated it was only in a fraction of the episodes. But for Rebels, where that ship is pretty much showcased in every episode. Then maybe they should do something about it. Oh but don't worry, Hasbro showed the love by releasing the shuttle that shoots out its back hole!
I'd like to tell whoever's in charge of the 3 3/4" line to shoot it out their own back hole.

Reaction score
The offerings for both the TFA line rollout and this Toy Fair showing have made me extremely pessimistic about the possibility of any meaningful release of The Ghost. Why? Well, during the Toy Fair Q&A Hasbro stated that if they were to reissue the BMF Falcon, a vehicle that has already been designed, engineered, tooled and produced, the new offering would retail for several hundred dollars. And it previously retailed for about $130 - $150, IIRC.

A Ghost vehicle that would be able to dock with the previously released Phantom would have to be comparable in size to the vintage version of the Millennium Falcon. And it would also have to be an all new design along with the new tooling. Given Hasbro's recent remarks I can't see a Ghost vehicle like that selling for less than $250. But would it sell in significant enough volume to merit the development costs? It seems like the 6" scale TIE Fighter is sitting to a degree because of the high price.

All of that being said, would I like a Ghost vehicle? Absolutely! I think it's a tremendous ship design. But the pragmatist in me finds it very unlikely that it's going to actually happen.

Reaction score
The offerings for both the TFA line rollout and this Toy Fair showing have made me extremely pessimistic about the possibility of any meaningful release of The Ghost. Why? Well, during the Toy Fair Q&A Hasbro stated that if they were to reissue the BMF Falcon, a vehicle that has already been designed, engineered, tooled and produced, the new offering would retail for several hundred dollars. And it previously retailed for about $130 - $150, IIRC.

A Ghost vehicle that would be able to dock with the previously released Phantom would have to be comparable in size to the vintage version of the Millennium Falcon. And it would also have to be an all new design along with the new tooling. Given Hasbro's recent remarks I can't see a Ghost vehicle like that selling for less than $250. But would it sell in significant enough volume to merit the development costs? It seems like the 6" scale TIE Fighter is sitting to a degree because of the high price.

All of that being said, would I like a Ghost vehicle? Absolutely! I think it's a tremendous ship design. But the pragmatist in me finds it very unlikely that it's going to actually happen.
I suppose a Ghost would need to be even bigger. Even with the severe size reduction of the Phantom, docking it in a vehicle the size of the vintage Falcon would look ridiculous. At the size of the BMF, maybe... but let's remember that the Falcon has only one deck, where the Ghost has two full decks (living quarters and cockpit, plus freight deck) and FOUR partial decks (entry ramp, front gunner station, Phantom docking level, upper gunnery dome). This would be really difficult to compress to BMF size, considering that some of these decks are stacked.

I would expect that we see at least the front part of the ship configured in the way it is seen in the show - entry ramp, gunnery station, and cockpit on top of each other. Even at reduced scale (with a simplified sit-only cockpit), this is going to be 20-25cm high - and from the cockpit the rump slopes upward to the ship's middle section. A massive part of the ship is dedicated to the freight room (which I still have not seen) which would need to be repurposed to make best use of the interior...

The BMF is reduced already but at least they tried to keep the arrangement of the interior similar to the on-screen version (other than the vintage version where the freight hold is suddenly in the back). With the Ghost, you would need to restructure the whole ship to reduce the height. I believe that would ultimately be quite unsatisfying... what to do?

If you want to have a ship that is no longer than the BMF, you'd have to drop the entry ramp, or reduce it to half-height like the front door of the Republic Attack Shuttle playset. The front gunner station would need to be a bit smaller than the turret ***** of the Republic Gunship (the figures sit straight-legged and the station is only a half sphere which removes some of the topological issues that the RG had). Or would you go with a little ball that just hints at the actual feature? Nah, that would be ridiculous.

The main engines could be set apart a bit wider to make room for the Phantom. The top needs to be removable to give access to the living quarters - here some reduced height decks can be applied, like in Amidala's Royal Starship. The triangular sides could get a fantasy interior or house the galley, making room for the Phantom on the same level as the living quarters.
(Ironically, The Machine in the Ghost showed this configuration prior to the actual show, but the later episodes made clear that this is a continuity error.)
Adding the top gunnery dome is not so much of an issue then.

I wouldn't know what to do with the freight deck... this is practically still the vertically lower half of the ship... maybe some mechanism to open the sides or pull them out...

So, I guess it's doable to get the ship down to the BMF length with some creative license, but the height would still be almost double (sans landing gear), and the cost and weight issues can't be discussed away.

(and if it's done the way I would like it to, we'd face a 120cm ship...)

Honestly I think the best Ghost is gonna be the Xwing Miniatures game expansion pack.
I'm actually looking forward to this one. It's not figure scale but the FF miniatures look quite nice, and it will fit together with a large number of the other miniatures.

P.S. The 6" TIE may be sitting due to the price... or due to the general impracticality of the 6" scale for vehicles... or the fact that we don't have an X-Wing to go with it... or because it's not the prime vehicle for single display. I didn't buy it. But I might have bought a 6" scale classic Luke X-Wing to go with the Luke Pilot and R2-D2 figures.

Reaction score
I've decided to make my own. It will be underscaled to the extreme, but I have it worked out to be about 22" front to back and 22" side to side. The vertical height will probably be about 7" or 8" (maybe less). The cockpit will seat two on the top and one in the lower turret. It will have the dorsal turret, and a small section for the living quarters much like the vintage falcon (with Dejarik table and some seating). The section between the cockpit and Phantom dock (which is seven inches long and can only hold the Phantom with its forward end sticking out the back) will be where the inside can be accessed. My goal is to have a spot for at least six figures to fit into this. Basically, I'm thinking like a designer of the vintage line.

I already have the cockpit canopy engineered and the Phantom dock constructed, based on the Phantom toy. It's going to be a big project.

Reaction score
I've been sorta thinking... maybe it's better we DON'T get a Ghost. I mean, with Hasbro, it'll probably be under scaled, made of chintzy plastic, with some gimmicky and trite shooty laser action feature.

Reaction score
I've decided to make my own. It will be underscaled to the extreme, but I have it worked out to be about 22" front to back and 22" side to side. The vertical height will probably be about 7" or 8" (maybe less). The cockpit will seat two on the top and one in the lower turret. It will have the dorsal turret, and a small section for the living quarters much like the vintage falcon (with Dejarik table and some seating). The section between the cockpit and Phantom dock (which is seven inches long and can only hold the Phantom with its forward end sticking out the back) will be where the inside can be accessed. My goal is to have a spot for at least six figures to fit into this. Basically, I'm thinking like a designer of the vintage line.

I already have the cockpit canopy engineered and the Phantom dock constructed, based on the Phantom toy. It's going to be a big project.

I'll be interested in seeing your work when you're finished.

Reaction score
Very very well done. Looks better than what I would expect Habro to charge $120 for.