The Ghost

GNT

Reaction score
Status - Not Confirmed

So I've seen a lot of people comment on how much they want this ship from Star Wars Rebels tv show, if Hasbro made the ship would you buy it?

Reaction score
If it's micro-sized, forget it. If it's saaaay.....the size of the original vintage Millenium Falcon toy, basically big enough to have a compartment for multiple figures, then I'm game. But...I wonder if that's a pipe dream now though; getting a ship of any decent size.

Reaction score
hard to say. all depends upon the size of the ship... if it's micro sized then unless it's got some really cool play features and looks amazing then no.

if it's the size of the classic Kenner Falcon and has a ton of play features then YES (if it's under $70.00).

if it's the size of the Hasbro BMF???? then it would depend on the $$ and features.

Reaction score
I love the design, but I don't collect large vehicles. I'd buy something action fleet or titanium size though - even micro machine scale, I loved those...

Reaction score
Probably would have to for the kids. My best sell is the Kenner sized one with a few bells and whistles. Maybe even slightly smaller than that, but not Outrider small. I would have no regrets.

Reaction score
In the Old Falcon format, probably... even though I don't intend to collect Rebels. But it would be nice to beef up a Spaceport scene.
In the Class II Slave I format... nope. That kind of reduction is too ridiculous.
In a BMF format... unlikely. Though it will depend on the success of the show, I can't yet see that this ship is going to be as iconic as the Falcon to get a BMF treatment, and I can't see myself spending that kind of money on it.

That said... I'm not all that happy with the design. I can see that it shares a few design elements with the Falcon, so it fits into the times... but it has such a blunt front, the cockpit is squeezed between these angular whatever-they-are, and the shapes that make up the body fit together quite coarsely. There is no real "snap" to the design, it looks like a toy... Then there is the lack of surface features, nurnies and greebles. Of course it's a computer model and probably heavily streamlined to reduce polygons, but the pic above is realtime game level. A few maintenance pits would have been nice.

Let's wait until we have seen the thing in the actual show.

(Will we ever get ANY toy from it? Didn't work out well for the ol' Twilight either...)

Reaction score
I have no interest in this ship, but if it turns out as good as the BMF. With cool features sounds etc. and is a decent price I may get it. If it ever goes to clearance I'd probably get one to customize into a Smugglers ship or something.

Reaction score
I love the design, but I don't collect large vehicles. I'd buy something action fleet or titanium size though - even micro machine scale, I loved those...
This is exactly my stance on it. I can't collect large vehicles (no room), but some smaller representation of it I can appreciate next to random Superhero based cars and such.

Reaction score
For figures anything smaller than BMF would be too small. But I don't have the room for anything BMF size. I'd get an FFG version.

Reaction score
Status - Not Confirmed

So I've seen a lot of people comment on how much they want this ship from Star Wars Rebels tv show, if Hasbro made the ship would you buy it?

I really like the unique look of this ship. Even if it's not as big as the MF I'll pick it up. This is a really cool looking ship!

Reaction score
I am starting to get more and more negative about the entire "Rebels" concept:
- 5 POA POS
- Disney XD is not on basic cable, at least in my area. I do not plan on spending another $10-20/mo. to watch this.
- The lack of a Ghost at ToyFair may be a hint that this is not firmly in Hasbro's plans, such as the fate of the large pre-owned vessel from Clone Wars.

Reaction score
Even though I am skipping the figures, I would buy a BMF Ghost in a heartbeat. Was really hoping it would make an appearance at toy fair.

Reaction score
Even though I am skipping the figures, I would buy a BMF Ghost in a heartbeat. Was really hoping it would make an appearance at toy fair.
Me too, I hope we don't have another case of The Twilight where we get Lego and other versions of the ship and never actually get the ship.

Reaction score
Twilight. Thank you. I could not remember the name of the ship. And that thing looked like something out of a Dark Horse comic, but in a good way. It looked like a freighter-sized B-wing.

Reaction score
Seems like no one asked hasbro whether this ship is a possible holiday item. Shame. I'd be interested to see what they had to say.

ZX3

Reaction score
Anything this big, even scaled way down, would need a 4th quarter push to be successful and that would start with a launch in late August. That doesn't preclude a SDCC debut, but given how conservatively they've been playing things lately and that in previous years the big vehicle was the Toy Fair centerpiece I think this might be wishful thinking.

Reaction score
Anything this big, even scaled way down, would need a 4th quarter push to be successful and that would start with a launch in late August. That doesn't preclude a SDCC debut, but given how conservatively they've been playing things lately and that in previous years the big vehicle was the Toy Fair centerpiece I think this might be wishful thinking.
That's basically what my thinking on it was, too. Have any of these large vehicles in the past 6 years been announced outside of a big event (TF, Celebration, SDCC, etc.)? I don't know if this is false hope or what, but LFL seems to be using USA Today as their press office of choice for Rebels announcements, so I wonder if it's possible that they'd just drop The Ghost through a future article, and then convince the corporate buyers at big box retail to carry it behind the scenes.

Or, could it also be released initially as an exclusive? The huge TMNT Sewer Lair playset was a TRU exclusive for awhile before getting a wider release (only helped by TMNT toys being a huge hit); I could see that playing out again, specifically at TRU. TRU's model doesn't appear to be built around turning product over as quickly as Target and Walmart do, and they seem to be more open to taking gambles on certain products...it would also explain why The Ghost wasn't at Toy Fair, because at an event that exists to sell to retail, why bother with an exclusive that already has a home? We'll see, I guess...it could also be the most unsatisfying answer, which is that there is no plan for a 3.75"-scaled Ghost.

Reaction score
The tv show doesn't even premiere until the Fall, so they probably want to give it a year to see how successful the show and its toy line are received by kids before they invest in producing a large scale toy like this. If we ever get a Ghost toy, it will probably be between in Fall 2015 for Christmas sales next year, right before Episode 7 launches.

Reaction score
I already have an issue in that the Phantom is essentially an accessory of the Ghost, but they will be sold separately from each other. It would be like selling each pod of a Cloud Car separately.

Reaction score
I already have an issue in that the Phantom is essentially an accessory of the Ghost, but they will be sold separately from each other. It would be like selling each pod of a Cloud Car separately.
Hmmm... going with that approach, could mean peeps can purchase the cheaper Phantom, without having to purchase a larger, more expensive Ghost - so from a budgeting / low price POV, it makes sense to have seperate releases.

Having said that, who knows: perhaps a Larger Ghost starship would also include the Phantom as well... and it seems like there's no reason why Hasbro couldn't sell both the phantom as a Ghost pack-in, and as an individual release...

ZX3

Reaction score
Jedi Temple Archives has the skinny on this.
Apparently it's a no go for 2014 and a possibility Hasbro is strongly considering for 2015.
Though I suppose one would seriously have to wonder why a TV vehicle would be the major push for the year of Episode VII...

Reaction score
Jedi Temple Archives has the skinny on this.
Apparently it's a no go for 2014 and a possibility Hasbro is strongly considering for 2015.
Though I suppose one would seriously have to wonder why a TV vehicle would be the major push for the year of Episode VII...
Episode 7 doesn't come out until December 18, 2015, so the majority of toys for the new movie will be rolling into 2016. Releasing the Ghost in Fall 2015 in time for Christmas sales makes sense.

Reaction score
Lucasfilm told Hasbro "no" about releasing Star Wars: Rebels figures in realistic style even though Hasbro wanted to offer them. But they will be coming in the future.
wtf, thats like suiciding the line.

Reaction score
I'm curious what an Animated look on a Ship means? Surely they can just make the ship same as they did the BMF, a realistic looking ship with cool features.
Or is it going to look all weird and stuff.

Reaction score
Episode 7 doesn't come out until December 18, 2015, so the majority of toys for the new movie will be rolling into 2016. Releasing the Ghost in Fall 2015 in time for Christmas sales makes sense.
You know the shelves for Christmas 2015 are going to be Episode 7 product. They will have some product out a month or two before the movie hits and they will be bombarded before the end of the year. The end of the year is the only time Hasbro seems to release big ticket items and if it is a choice between the Ghost and a new version of the Falcon (or some other big ship from episode seven), you know they're going to go with the episode seven choice. I honestly think if the Ghost doesn't make it this year, it won't be coming.

That said, (and to argue with myself a bit) if there is a year that would support big ticket items outside of the holiday season, it would be 2015 - the hype train will be going like it was in '98. I suppose it is definitely possible that they could release the Ghost in summer of 2015 and expect it to perform reasonably well.

Reaction score
I'm curious what an Animated look on a Ship means? Surely they can just make the ship same as they did the BMF, a realistic looking ship with cool features.
Or is it going to look all weird and stuff.
I suppose someone with an Ewok battle wagon or the White Witch may be able to answer that.

Reaction score
Hmmm... going with that approach, could mean peeps can purchase the cheaper Phantom, without having to purchase a larger, more expensive Ghost - so from a budgeting / low price POV, it makes sense to have seperate releases.

Having said that, who knows: perhaps a Larger Ghost starship would also include the Phantom as well... and it seems like there's no reason why Hasbro couldn't sell both the phantom as a Ghost pack-in, and as an individual release...
I sense, given that the pack-in fighter was separated from the MTT late in development, that the same thing is happening here. If the BMF's pack-in had been sold separately, in any incarnation from TLC to TVC, it surely would have wound up at TJ Maxx and its like.

Reaction score
One stupid question: How are the Phantom and the Ghost related? Do the ships actually connect in some way, or does the Ghost have a hangar? I have not yet seen any reference images with both ships connected, and I don't see any mechanism on the images I know that would support that.

(With the Falcon's "dinghy" and the MTT's fightercraft, the add-in ships were small enough to fit into the larger vessel; the Phantom toy seems to be too big... so...?)

Reaction score
It's a rehash of the old Kenner concept where they made a concept Mini Rig that fit between the Falcon's anterior nacelles.
In this case, it fits on to the back. there's a picture on GH of the LEGO ones together.

Nothing new to see here, eh?

Reaction score
I'd be very interested in a big Ghost ship, and my interest would rise to a "no-doubt purchase" if Hasbro ever gets the go-ahead from Lucasfilm to release SA/realistic Rebels figures to crew her.

Hasbro's cryptic message of no big vehicle for this year (but not ruled out for next), along with a Phantom which looks as though it was just made to dock with the mother ship, makes me hopeful that it will happen.

If a Ghost is revealed at SDCC, it would likely indicate either a first or early second quarter 2015 release, yes?