THe Force Friday Sept 4th - Checklist and Store Openings

Reaction score
Given Hasbro are being extremly (and annoyingly) hush hush on all of this I thought it might be good idea to generate a thread of the things we know are coming out on The Force Friday. Also when stores start offering midnight openings (as TRU UK have said they will), might be a good central place to keep a track.

So anyway so far for Sept 4th:

Wookie Mask
Build your own Lightsabers
Star Wars Play-Doh
Black Series 6" First Order Stormtrooper

Of course we know the 3 3/4 figures listings in Argos too - £9.99 for singles (and a weapon piece) and £14.99 for double packs but currently no clue on how many figures that looks to be.

Try and keep the thread to things we know for sure rather than conjecture and hopefully we'll build some sort of start point for this midnight madness on the way. :D

Reaction score
Reaction score
As per the Meijers pre-shelf labelling we've got a bit more detail.

Episode 7 3.75" Vehicle Assortment $19.99

Episode 7 6" Figure Assortment $19.99
Star Wars 7 Figures $19.99
Star Wars Jedi Master Yoda $179.99 (may not be Hasbro related)
Star Wars Episode 7 3.75" Battle Action Millennium Falcon $139.99
Episode 7 Star Destroyer Playset

Reaction score
Hi, I am sure in the Argos catalogue it mentions 3 figures for each of the four environments (i.e. Desert, Jungle etc) - meaning twelve single figures in total.

At a wild guess that would be Han/Chewbacca/Rey/Finn/Poe/Kylo/Stormtrooper/BB-8/R2/3-PO/Flametrooper or Snowtrooper and possibly Leia. Luke & Snokes reveals seem more secretive so maybe held back for a wave 2 post January 2016.

Mission Series packs only list two environments assortments with individual catalogue codes.

Reaction score
Popped into Toys R Us Basingstoke yesterday (don't know why, its terrible for SW in there) but as they had the Force Friday standee I asked the manager, who I noticed on the shop floor if they were doing a midnight opening on the Force Friday. She said they won't be because they can't open the car park. That's one store off of the potential midnight list, no big shocker really.

Reaction score
Toys R Us Warrington are having a midnight opening. I think I'll wait until Saturday morning though!

Reaction score
Toys R Us Warrington are having a midnight opening. I think I'll wait until Saturday morning though!
Good luck with that. Knowing how Hasbro work, I imagine they will supply one of each item to each store and once it's gone it's gone ;)

Reaction score
The Toys R Us in Govan/Glasgow had an entrance sign promoting the Midnight opening, cant believe it's been 16 years since the first midnight madness i went to for Episode 1.

Reaction score
I just went there yesterday to ask if they were doing midnight madness only to be treated by the countdown as I walked in :D

Needless to say, I'll be there! 5th time for me, can't believe this could become an annual thing now with new movies every year!

Reaction score
I just went there yesterday to ask if they were doing midnight madness only to be treated by the countdown as I walked in :D

Needless to say, I'll be there! 5th time for me, can't believe this could become an annual thing now with new movies every year!
I intend on going to the Warrington one too :)
I will hopefully pick up a Kylo Ren and just have a general browse at the standard of the new product.

Reaction score
If anyone finds out if any of the Smyths Toys in the Dublin area is doing one. I'm most likely look at the one near Liffey Valley just outside Dublin if possible.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Toys“R”Us to Help Fans Worldwide Build Their Toy Empires

With operations in 38 countries, Toys“R”Us is leveraging its global footprint and position as the toy authority to provide an unprecedented Star Wars experience worldwide. On Force Friday, September 4, Toys“R”Us locations in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Poland, Portugal, Spain and the U.K, will open at 12:01am to welcome eager shoppers. The first customers to line up for the big product debut will receive Star Wars giveaways, including an exclusive poster, as well as the chance to be among the first to purchase exclusive Star Wars merchandise in dedicated front-of-store feature shops.

Leading up to Force Friday, stores in each of these countries will count down the minutes to 12:01am on September 4 with digital clocks, as well as Star Wars-themed microsites on each of their respective e-commerce pages. Social media users can follow the company’s worldwide midnight openings on each country’s social media channels, as well as via the Toys“R”Us U.S. Twitter channel, @Toysrus.

Reaction score
If my local TRU has yet to put out a countdown clock or any flyers or posters out in store, does it mean they arnt opening at midnight?

Reaction score
Have emailed Toys R Us UK about which Scottish stores are taking part. Will post when/if they reply

Reaction score
IIRC The only Scottish store participating is Glasgow Helen Street.

Reaction score
From the findings & buying thread....
Originally Posted by Mephitsu
I am told just 5 UK stores will open at midnight
Brent Cross, Oldbury, Glasgow Helen Street, Warrington and Bristol

Reaction score
From the findings & buying thread....
Originally Posted by Mephitsu
I am told just 5 UK stores will open at midnight
Brent Cross, Oldbury, Glasgow Helen Street, Warrington and Bristol
Well they had better change that up. I was hoping for Southampton. I guess the Disneystore in London will after their 12:01 post in the week.

Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm being really thick. Does this mean they open at Midnight on the Friday, i.e. it's Saturday morning or that you need to get there for Thursday night for Friday morning?

I'm guessing its 12 midnight on the Thursday night as that would then be the start of Force Friday. But its a bit rough for a school night. My daughter wants to go and if she could have a lie-in on Saturday morning, but with school on Friday she might not be able to go.

Reaction score
Thursday night through Friday morning. I have the same issue with my daughter. She'd love to come.

Reaction score
Thursday night through Friday morning. I have the same issue with my daughter. She'd love to come.
It is unfortunate that younger kids will not be able to stay up that late but it may be good depending on the crowds. There will be merch there on Friday but no big event. Some stores are doing a thing on Saturday also but that may be in the US Only.

Reaction score
5 shops confirmed for the whole of the UK? Glad I wasn't intending to go anyway.
PATHETIC.

We have some extraordinary news for all of you Star Wars fans.We will be hosting midnight openings at five of our stores for the release of the long-awaited new Star Wars merchandise! Some of this merchandise cannot be bought anywhere else in the UK.In the run-up to the midnight openings, these stores will have a countdown clock which will then reset at 12:01am to countdown toStar Wars: The Force Awakens, which will be in theaters 18th December 2015.These stores will open their doors at 12:01am, 4th September 2015, forForce Friday:
  • Brent Cross
  • Glasgow Helen Street
  • Oldbury
  • Bristol
  • Warrington

Reaction score
"extraordinary news"

Yeh, right. 5 stores is pathetic. Bring back 1999 when EP1 hit. Nearly every TRU was midnight opening. I'd like to get excited by the new stuff on 4th, but having not bought a single figure since Feb '14, i'm finding it difficult to care or make any effort in looking at EP7 merchandise. Can't wait to see the film, but Hot Toys and Sideshow get my cash now.

Reaction score
I reckon the idea behind the small number of stores opening is to make it look like more people are attending the "event" at the selected stores as people further afield will travel to nearest participating store.
For example if 100 people attended each of the 5 stores it would live up to its name "midnight madness" Where if they opened 20 stores you may only have 5 people per store because those people would obviously go to their hometown store....im rambling i know, but do you catch my drift???:)

Reaction score
Dissappointed for those who don't have a midnight opening near them. I'm West Midlands based so I will be going to the Oldbury one. Any else here joining me?

Reaction score
5 stores in the whole of the UK! Pants!
Luckily I live an hour from Glasgow so if i get the chance I will be heading there. I bet I'll go and then once I get in everything will have sold out. Wonder how early people will queue.....

EDIT: Just discovered that although the Helen St. Toys R Us looks tiny it's right beside a giant ASDA. I'm guessing they picked this store as the shared car park will always be open and it means people can use the toilets, buy food and buy drinks etc.

Maybe ASDA will start putting toys on the shelf at midnight too!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought so, but I was hoping someone would come on and tell me I was wrong. 😃

Oh well, she still wants to go. I might try and get her to nap for a couple of hours when she gets home from school.

Why have a midnight opening for a kid's movie at a toy shop on a school night?!

Reaction score
I'm not surprised really. A year ago, TRU opened up two new, smaller stores in Edinburgh, to go with their superstore. A few weeks later, the superstore closed and they moved to a smaller site across the road. Since then, both 'new' stores have also closed and we're down to one small shop where pretty much everything is limited to 1m of shelf space...

Reaction score
I'm going to Helen Street also. It's actually quite accessible, big car park and just off the motorway. I'm not sure but I think the Asda right next door might be 24/7?

It's close to Ibrox stadium so actually it's more hassle getting there on a match day than it will be first thing in the morning.

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Smyths Ireland to announce if they are doing anything. I emailed them and they said they cannot release details at this time so that means to me they are doing something. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
It isn't worth driving an hour in the evening when you can go to your local store at lunch or after work the next day and they will have full shelves because nobody in the general populace has been yet....or even noticed.

Reaction score
I think I will go but not until 8 or 9pm. Do you think I'll still stand a chance of getting something if I go that late?

Reaction score
So anyway after recent leaks so far for Sept 4th:

Black Series
6" First Order Stormtrooper
Chewbacca
Finn

3 3/4 figures
Kylo Ren
Captain Phasma
Bespin Luke

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Black Series
Chewbacca
Finn
Kylo Ren

3 3/4 figures
Kylo Ren
Captain Phasma
Bespin Luke
Finn
Captain Phasma
Constable Zuvio
Flame Trooper

Last edited:
Reaction score
Disappointed that I'll miss out on MM but should be there first thing on the Friday morning as I've booked the day off work

Reaction score
Black Series
Chewbacca
Finn
Kylo Ren

3 3/4 figures
Kylo Ren
Captain Phasma
Bespin Luke
Finn
Captain Phasma
Constable Zuvio
Flame Trooper
That explains EP7 Darth Vader then. When I first saw that figure listed i had a horrible thought they would bring him back from the dead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just a handful of figures - hardly the same level of stock for a new movie as back in 1999!

From my last visit to TRU, I'd say SW collecting is in the WORST shape since modern collecting began 20 years ago.

The focus used to be on 3&3/4" figures - that was SW collecting. There's just too much other junk clogging the shelves now, I mean who ever came up with that Command crap should never be allowed to work in the toy industry again!

Can't say I'm too excited about TFA figures, at least my wallet won't be taking a beating like it did for TPM.

Reaction score
I don't want my wallet taking a TPM type beating. Looking back on most of the stuff I bought then it was crap that's long been superseded by superior products. The hopeful part of me wonders if the current situation may just be history repeating itself, and that in 4 or 5 years time I will be preordering SA Kylo Ren as part of a 3.3/4" Renaissance and likewise wondering where my SA Darth Revan update is...........

FINGS crossed.