The Force Awakens Toys - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
^ for real. If TVC returns, those cases would be great to complement the . They could even release them w/ PT And TFA art or have the art page removable and let you decide the theme/film you want.

Reaction score
I have these and the old Vader case. These work so much better than the Vader case. Every time I open that thing half my figures jump to their deaths.

Reaction score
Interesting - seeing all of the TFA figures in one place like they are in the pic. above, I was having flash-back(s) to the late '90's POTF2 days - LOL.

Reaction score
I need some help with ID'ing a blaster. I have a small blaster pistol, it's a goldish color and it looks like a much more detailed version of the blaster that came with the TFA X-Wings pilots. I've looked in the photo archive thinking it went to a TFA figure because I had it in a baggie with the rest of my TFA blasters, but it doesn't match up with any of the TFA figures I have.

Reaction score
I need some help with ID'ing a blaster. I have a small blaster pistol, it's a goldish color and it looks like a much more detailed version of the blaster that came with the TFA X-Wings pilots. I've looked in the photo archive thinking it went to a TFA figure because I had it in a baggie with the rest of my TFA blasters, but it doesn't match up with any of the TFA figures I have.
Maz's blaster from the 4-pack?

Reaction score
I figured it out, I feel dumb now. It's Poe's blaster from the Rogue One two pack with Poe and the Snowtrooper. I forgot I had that lol.

ZX3

Reaction score
Really seems like Hasbro gave up on TFA quickly.
One new figure, a repaint, two kitbashes of characters with multiple previous releases, and none of them new characters is a pretty sorry second year.

Reaction score
We know more figures such as TFA Luke & Leia will be rolling out, but with a movie each year, I doubt we'll see the coverage from previous films. I think its a safe bet that most background characters will no longer be produced going forward. What I would have liked to see is a few more of the alien designs at least. Having a concise lineup for each film seems to be the standard for the years ahead, which is likely for the best, but those of us that enjoy obscure characters probably wont have much to be excited over.

GNT

Reaction score
With movies coming every year Hasbro can't spend time making big toy lines anymore, we'll see the core characters and then they'll move onto the next movie. If they make a butt load then they'll never be able to move all the figures in time for the next big thing. Figures from previous films will still continue to be made and will be in whatever the current line is.

Reaction score
A heads up. Dollar general has their tea figures on sale for 4.00 pickings are a little slim, but ended up getting a flametrooper and a stormtrooper squad leader.

Reaction score
Couldn't be happier we get a movie every year for eternity, but boy am I sad we will have far less likelihood of getting more figures from each film. I still want Unkar other thug and like 60 of maz castle patrons.

Reaction score
I agree that it's nice not to have to wait 3 years in between. However, it's sad that we cannot have a little down time to get some desperately needed fillers. By the time they add repacks/carry forwards now a days, it diminishes the line even more. Well unless we count the dead space in between releases down time. But that's just time for you wallet to heal.

Reaction score
I thought I was having a Classic NES fever dream when I saw some low articulation 6 inch figures at Superstore up here this morning. C$8.99 each.

I've never seen these before but they had 6-10 different including Kanan, Rey, Luke, Maul, etc. Some had TFA packaging and some had the RO dark packaging.

Are they worth buying? :)

Reaction score
For some reason I can't start a new thread so I'll throw this out here - if you were to have a small collection of 'must have' 3.75" figures (limited to 13 maximum and what has been released) what would they be? I reckon:

1. Kylo Ren (Black Series SA)
2. Rey Jakku (Black Series SA)
3. Poe Dameron (Black Series SA)
4. First Order Stormtrooper (SA)
5. Phasma (Black Series SA)
6. Han Starkiller Base (Black Series SA)
7. Finn (Black Series SA)
8. Maz Kanata
9. Leia D'Quar (Black Series SA)
10. BB8
11. Han (Brown jacket 5 POA)
12. General Hux
13. Finn (FN2187 with bloodied helmet).

Any other /alternative suggestions?

Reaction score
I despise that the Black Series SA Han Solo is so freaking short. He's as short as Finn and towers over him in the movie, not to mention is shorter than another other Han ever made. How on earth did Hasblow screw this up, not to mention his BROWN!? hair to boot? What, were they afraid an old man with white hair wouldn't sell with the kiddos? Oh wait, kids don't buy Black Series, riiiight?

JVM

Reaction score
I'm really surprised Hasbro isn't still pushing TFA figures now, I have to say. I thought we'd see a lot more reissues and new ones through the R1 season and forward. It was obvious Hasbro would draw back focus on the OT and PT, but I thought new stuff would remain ongoing. Hasbro didn't stop making classic characters during AOTC, and I don't know if Hasbro co-produced POTF2 and TPM figures, but we all know they shared shelf space. ROTS was a bit more anomlous, although the inclusion of so many classic popular characters like Vader, Chewie, Obi-Wan and the droids probably made it easier to get by. Hasbro just had to keep the Big Three out for a year.

I'm hoping Gen. Organa and Luke show up for the EP8 line, and while the latter will likely look the same, I'm curious if Organa's TFA look will stick or a new one. I did really like the TFA design and I still think it's a criminal omission. So is Luke, but most of us know that one, lol

Reaction score
These characters deserve a fig :

Bala-tik
Razoo quin-fee
Voder dand
Kaydel ko
Grummgar and bazine
Hassk 2 others brothers

What do you think, it this possible ?

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to put this, but I found that HTS has alot of TFA toys on clearance now, most of it half off. Most notably, the TFA Millenium Falcon and the 6" TIE Fighter. The others I saw there were 2 -packs and armor figures, and a few other things. If youve been waiting on buying that Falcon this might be the time to pull the trigger.

Reaction score
Constable zuvio!

Id MAYBE switch out fn 2187 for unkar Plutt to add some variety, but I think yer list is pretty spot on.
For some reason I can't start a new thread so I'll throw this out here - if you were to have a small collection of 'must have' 3.75" figures (limited to 13 maximum and what has been released) what would they be? I reckon:

1. Kylo Ren (Black Series SA)
2. Rey Jakku (Black Series SA)
3. Poe Dameron (Black Series SA)
4. First Order Stormtrooper (SA)
5. Phasma (Black Series SA)
6. Han Starkiller Base (Black Series SA)
7. Finn (Black Series SA)
8. Maz Kanata
9. Leia D'Quar (Black Series SA)
10. BB8
11. Han (Brown jacket 5 POA)
12. General Hux
13. Finn (FN2187 with bloodied helmet).

Any other /alternative suggestions?

Reaction score
I'm really surprised Hasbro isn't still pushing TFA figures now, I have to say. I thought we'd see a lot more reissues and new ones through the R1 season and forward.
I think if there ever was a spot for this, it would be between R1 and EP9. It would get those missed characters out thus leading into the new movie line. The trouble is that movies are every year now, so there is no lull between them like before. Which would allow for missed characters. It's very tight now, and I don't think they'll ever get a handle on it. Just look at how they release figures that have no tie-in to the films during its run, yet three months later bam!

Case in point, Boba Fett is supposedly coming next year 2017 in TBS line. So that means they'll have to turn around and release him again in 18, because he'll most likely turn up in Han Solo. Not to mention 2020 for the Boba Fett Movie, if it does indeed happen. Either that, or they skip it altogether and focus on other figures?
Oh and that means another Han figure. lol The rate they're going, it's like reliving the OT lines again. That's another reason I'd like some new generation of movies, new characters to do.

Reaction score
I'm curious now as to how they are going to handle her character in EP VIII ?

I still want the following Leia figures though:

TFA General Leia
EP VIII Leia (all outfits)
ESB Bespin Escape Leia (definitely need an SA version of her as well as a 5POA version)
ROTJ Ewok Dress Leia (New SA version is long overdo)

Reaction score
If Hasbro is ever going to make a general Leia figure...now's the time.
I hope Hot Toys does, too. I have TFA Han and Luke pre-ordered, and hope to see Leia eventually released to complete the trio. And hopefully if Hasbro does finally make General Leia, they pack her three per case, because you can just imagine how ridiculous prices will be on ebay, etc. if they don't flood the market......in which case it might be better to wait until Ep. VIII. Assuming Leia wears the same outfit early on, and knowing that we'll see Luke exactly as we left off, perhaps those are two of the first figures released for the Ep. VIII line.

Reaction score
I didn't notice Poe is actually wearing the Resistance uniform from the two pack in the movie. He's standing right behind 3PO and in front of Snap in the aerial group shot as the Falcon leaves. I was looking for images to make a few custom officers. The two pack is $4.90 on Amazon.

JVM

Reaction score
I hope Hot Toys does, too. I have TFA Han and Luke pre-ordered, and hope to see Leia eventually released to complete the trio. And hopefully if Hasbro does finally make General Leia, they pack her three per case, because you can just imagine how ridiculous prices will be on ebay, etc. if they don't flood the market......in which case it might be better to wait until Ep. VIII. Assuming Leia wears the same outfit early on, and knowing that we'll see Luke exactly as we left off, perhaps those are two of the first figures released for the Ep. VIII line.
For Luke, it's a safe assumption, and since it's the same outfit, it's the main reason I've never been vocal about the lack of a TFA Luke figure - but we know nothing of Leia's role in Ep8, and I was worried the look could change, possibly for the worse (I loved the General outfit, loathed the dress look) or that it would be a smaller role. Thus why I've made such an issue over it :)

Reaction score
For Luke, it's a safe assumption, and since it's the same outfit, it's the main reason I've never been vocal about the lack of a TFA Luke figure - but we know nothing of Leia's role in Ep8, and I was worried the look could change, possibly for the worse (I loved the General outfit, loathed the dress look) or that it would be a smaller role. Thus why I've made such an issue over it :)
  Spoiler:  
The rumor making the rounds is that Luke will have a new outfit (similar to his ROTJ costume) in Ep8. Perhaps he’ll sport both Ep7 & Ep8 looks in the next movie or Hasbro will have to get off their butts and make an Ep7 Jedi Luke
  Spoiler:  

JVM

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
The rumor making the rounds is that Luke will have a new outfit (similar to his ROTJ costume) in Ep8. Perhaps he’ll sport both Ep7 & Ep8 looks in the next movie or Hasbro will have to get off their butts and make an Ep7 Jedi Luke
  Spoiler:  
  Spoiler:  
  Spoiler:  

Supposadly the first scene will take directly off the final scene of TFA. This was discussed a while ago. So even if there's a costume change later on, we may yet see the chance to have both or more costumes. Hasbro did produce Han's costume in two separate lines, true, but for the main three characters, Poe's had three looks, Rey two and a half, and Finn two, so we could be lucky.