The Force Awakens Toys - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
So, no new Rogue One toy reveals until September 30th. So I'm guessing this information blackout until the Force Friday release date is going to be the standard from here on out.

Reaction score

Good read. The guy was pretty honest but it appears there's more of a disconnect between manufacturing and distribution than he let on. Would have liked better answers regarding wal mart but "I don't know exactly why" responses are better than smoke up the poopy shoot. Glad that the site's questions were specific about the different scales/articulation.

Reaction score
Yep, because here's a tight lip on who the cast of the movie is! :hmm:

IDK, maybe if you release images now. It might create awareness and excitement for people to be on the lookout some time in October.
As long as they don't release a certain character, they won't spoil anything.

GNT

Reaction score
Yep, because here's a tight lip on who the cast of the movie is! :hmm:

IDK, maybe if you release images now. It might create awareness and excitement for people to be on the lookout some time in October.
As long as they don't release a certain character, they won't spoil anything.
We know the characters so showing us what they have planned shouldn't really happen, the problem that occurred last year it doesn't allow people to plan what they want to buy.

Reaction score
Well, considering the one figure people were planning for never came...
I guess it really wouldn't matter.

What could it possibly take to plan for the line? Most of use were used to 40+ $8-10 figure per year, various $30 vehicles, $25 multipacks, etc.
Just plan to buy at least two versions of every characters in the movie @ $8 each. Possibly two high priced vehicles.

I've never really planned out my collecting, just bought the figures/what stuff I wanted when it arrived at stores. It's not as if everything arrives the first weekend, and we never see it again.

Reaction score
Ehh I wouldn't say so. The product dimensions are nearly identical to a Star Wars 3.75", 5POA figure.
Well the article refers to them as 6" figures, so I'm guessing they're going to be about the same scale as the current Spider-Man animated line, which are also packaged in a very similar way.

Reaction score
From MarvelToyNews.com:
It seems the toy line from the animated Guardians of the Galaxy show has more POA than the overall Star Wars line.
Wait, WHAT?! I thought kids didn't like articulation? And they're in 6" scale to boot? :wtf:
Seems like an odd choice all the way around, considering their statements and direction...

Too bad they're 6", I'd have definitely gotten gamora for the head sculpty alone! Peter Quill/Star-Lord, I'd have considered had he been sculpted w/o a helmet. Then I could have finally made a custom movie version.
Oh well, guess I dodged another bullet them being 6".

Also, it's pretty sad that this is the most exciting thing to talk about and it's not even about SW.

Reaction score
Do we know yet which of the later figures in this line are going to be repacked with the RO stuff? Still haven't come across Nien Nunb, Tasu Leech, Ackbar, Stormie Squad Leader, and Unmasked Kylo Ren.

Reaction score
Also, it's pretty sad that this is the most exciting thing to talk about and it's not even about SW.
Well, I wouldn't call it exciting necessarily. It's really just something new to talk about while we wait for September 30th (or for images of the Rogue One figures to start leaking).

Reaction score
Wait, WHAT?! I thought kids didn't like articulation? And they're in 6" scale to boot? :wtf:
Seems like an odd choice all the way around, considering their statements and direction...

Too bad they're 6", I'd have definitely gotten gamora for the head sculpty alone! Peter Quill/Star-Lord, I'd have considered had he been sculpted w/o a helmet. Then I could have finally made a custom movie version.
Oh well, guess I dodged another bullet them being 6".

apples to basketballs comparison

Reaction score
Do we know yet which of the later figures in this line are going to be repacked with the RO stuff? Still haven't come across Nien Nunb, Tasu Leech, Ackbar, Stormie Squad Leader, and Unmasked Kylo Ren.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say none of the last figures are going to be re-released in RO package. if anything I think we'll see repacks of some of the slower moving figures from TFA repacked like Finn, Ren and FO Troopers. I believe we are getting and all new Jakku style Rey in RO package.

hopefully we won't see anymore of Zuvio, or Plank in RO packages :p

Reaction score
Ah well.....

It may have been the regression back to 5POA. It might have been the Nerf.....it might have been failure to acquire TFA Black Series from the UK. It may have been the inability to buy the exclusive from the actual show(CE3)....but Hasbro....

IM OUT!!!!!.....

never thought it would happen.....I've been an advocate of modern existing alongside the Vintage toys that started it all nearly 40 years ago....I've probably spent more on modern as well(and that's saying something.)

but unless Vintage returns I think I'm done....

to all the guys on here past and present....many thanks....it's been a blast!!

Mat(Mr. satan to you) Nate(Big B) Damian(trooper 31)Herzog(too funny)Julythrunov(likewise)OdinsDad mykindofscum idpullthecurtain(even tho hes a scouse)and far too many to name check have fun and keep the faith!!!

ill be over in the Vintage section if you wanna poke me(in case Modern becomes great again)

buh-bye.....

Darren

Reaction score
So long, Darren and thanks for all the fish...................................I'm sure our paths will cross somewhere in these forums again.

Reaction score
Are the later waves of this line still hitting stores? Still trying to find Ackbar, Leech, Unmasked Kylo, Nien Nunb, and the Stormie Squad Leader.

Reaction score
Who knows - some collectors that claimed to have stopped collecting may be back at some point.

In fact, that's what happened to me: I'm an older fan/collector (I was 6 when ANH made it's theatrical debut in '77). And, last summer, I told myself the last wave of the pre-ST TBS 3.75" figures were the last SW figures I was going to buy - period. And, I didn't buy any of the TFA figures when they first hit in early Fall.

However, after I saw TFA in early January - I decided to start tentatively collecting some of the figures. So, now I have some of the figures from the regular TFA line, as well as some TFA TBS 3.75" figures. Also got some vehicles/creatures as well. The TFA Nien Numb is one of my favorite all time SW figures; and, I'm still looking for TFA Admiral Ackbar (may not get this, since it's impossible to find @ retail, and I don't like paying after-market inflated prices).

I'm still on the fence about Rogue Squadron figures - I may get some of the figures, but am not sure yet...

Reaction score
Ah well.....

It may have been the regression back to 5POA. It might have been the Nerf.....it might have been failure to acquire TFA Black Series from the UK. It may have been the inability to buy the exclusive from the actual show(CE3)....but Hasbro....

IM OUT!!!!!.....

never thought it would happen.....I've been an advocate of modern existing alongside the Vintage toys that started it all nearly 40 years ago....I've probably spent more on modern as well(and that's saying something.)

Mat(Mr. satan to you) Nate(Big B) Damian(trooper 31)Herzog(too funny)Julythrunov(likewise)OdinsDad mykindofscum idpullthecurtain(even tho hes a scouse)and far too many to name check have fun and keep the faith!!!

ill be over in the Vintage section if you wanna poke me(in case Modern becomes great again)

buh-bye.....

Darren

LOL, glad you arent holding that against me! ;)
Its a shame mate, you will be missed. But I get you totally. Sometimes I really wonder why I bother spending my money on this habit, and sometimes its really not worth it. But I keep going with it, its only cos I am happy with 5POA.

Hopefully you can come back, if and when Vintage cards come back.

Reaction score
Ah well.....

IM OUT!!!!!.....

buh-bye.....

Darren
Welcome to freedom my friend.

It's like a slow, painful divorce and you won't ever let go (I'm still hanging around eyeballing the parlous state of things at every new release...) but you will havea weight off your shoulders mate.

The next thing is to do what you always were going to and offload duplicates and things you don't want. Easy with modern, still having a challenge with the vintage though, sorry.

You will find that it in no way diminishes your enjoyment of the media, this not hoarding petrochemicals, either.

Reaction score
In the spirit of admitting things though, I still buy Disney droid factory and EE astromechs, because they are good quality and fun.

And if hasbro ever release any unmade OT characters or significant upgrades (Looking at YOU, Yakface) I'm in.

Realistically? Not happening in the next few years, is it?

NO EDIT (Cue general grumblings about how the decline of the forums mirrors that of Hasbro's quality)

Reaction score
In the spirit of admitting things though, I still buy Disney droid factory and EE astromechs, because they are good quality and fun.

And if hasbro ever release any unmade OT characters or significant upgrades (Looking at YOU, Yakface) I'm in.

Realistically? Not happening in the next few years, is it?

NO EDIT (Cue general grumblings about how the decline of the forums mirrors that of Hasbro's quality)
I'd be super excited if Hasbro released a modern / vintage version of Yak Face. I'm really hoping that since next year marks the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars that Hasbro brings back the Vintage line and one of the figures is Yak Face!

Reaction score
I'd be super excited if Hasbro released a modern / vintage version of Yak Face. I'm really hoping that since next year marks the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars that Hasbro brings back the Vintage line and one of the figures is Yak Face!
X 1,000,000,000!!! My most wanted resculpts.

Reaction score
Same here! I've been standing here waiting in that line for... Heck, I've lost track of how many years it's been!

Reaction score
Is there a difference in value for unopened 5POA in the numbers that begin with 5's and 6's on the back of the card? Is one worth more than the other?

Reaction score
I've been waiting since 1995 when the POTF line began. I don't consider the one that Kenner made in the new series to be Yak Face.
:grin: It wasn't! I think he had a specific (EU legendsnotcanonanymorewtfisgoingonwiththisshit) name.

Stupidyhead Mcstupidarseface if I recall correctly.

Reaction score
LOL darthasatan gets around the filter!

(But still can't type "b4lls" in case some special snowflake gets offended.)

​NO EDIT