The Force Awakens Pegwarmers

GNT

Reaction score
Ok ok probably very soon to say pegwarmers since the toy line is pretty new so let put it this way - what's hanging around on the shelves longer then normal atm? What's not selling quickly?

Around here it's Bespin Luke, Vader and Zuvio don't seem to be moving that quickly. Everything else seems to be doing well so far.

Reaction score
The pegs are totally empty in my area. The basics, Armored up, everything. But the last figures to go were Luke, Vader and Zuvio.

Reaction score
Same as Miserabelle. Picked clean. The only warming the pegs by me seem to the Hero Mashers.

Reaction score
You could army build the Bespin Luke's at my Toys "R" Us right now. Armor-Up Finn is available at every store around me too. Other than that, Hasbro didn't ship enough product to leave much hanging around.

Reaction score
Between Kohls and Kmart is seems the Resistance Soldier, Tie Pilot, and Bespin Luke are the peg warmers here. Everywhere else everything 3.75" is sold out including vehicles.

Reaction score
All figures are gone, but it seems to me some of the vehicles are still hanging around in decent numbers.

Reaction score
Pegwarmers here include: Resistance Trooper, TIE Pilot, Finn, Poe, Zuvio, Luke and Vader. ALL diecast seems to be pegwarming. Some stores are completely sold out of 6" Black Series but if you travel further out, you can still find all 5 from the first wave. I was at one walmart further south from me and they had at least 6 Kylos, 2 Stormtrooper and 3-4 of the others. At the same store they still had Phasma and Kylo basic figures too. I haven't found ANY of the new SA figures yet at any Walmart.

Reaction score
Armor is the last thing standing. I've seen Jedi Luke, Poe and Finn. Resistance trooper and zuvio. Regular Poe and Vader and Luke. Now I should clarify their peg warming status. At no store are there a lot of any figure. Most stores have 3 figures tops and it's different warmers. I'd say the resistance troopers is the most common though.

Reaction score
The toys have only been out a week, so it's a little early to be labeling anything a pegwarmer.

In my store, the figures that have failed to sell out within a few days are Zuvio, the TIE Pilot, and the Resistance Trooper. Also the 6" Chewie, Finn and Rey. However, that doesn't make them pegwarmers. If those figures are still around a month after the movie premieres, then I think they will qualify as pegwarmers.

Reaction score
Almost none of the stores nearby seemed to have restocked since Force Friday and are all mostly devoid of non-masher action figures but the ones I've seen sitting on the shelves the past few days are Bespin Luke, Chewbacca of all sizes, Black series Finn and one Walmart has quite a few Tie Fighter pilots and Poes. As for vehicles, I've seen the Y-wing with Kanan quite a few places and Rey's speeder hasn't been flying off the shelves. Same for the Sergeant Stormtrooper walker.

Oh and 48" Darth Vaders. I've seen one sell in the entire time since Force Friday. There are at least 4 every place I go to it seems but no 48" Stormtroopers. Quite frustrating.

Reaction score
Luke, Vader, Resistance Fighter and Zuvio here.
Pretty much everything is back in stock everywhere here now though.

Reaction score
Oh and shampoo bottle figures are a pleanty also the Jakks big figures

Reaction score
There are 3 bespin Lukes at one Walmart. TRU was devoid of anything basic figure. You can forget about the 6 inch as well. Rey has been doing very well in my area. Friday morning I was happy to grab Plasma, The TIE Pilot and Kylo. Passed on the basic Stormie and Poe.

Reaction score
Between Kohls and Kmart is seems the Resistance Soldier, Tie Pilot, and Bespin Luke are the peg warmers here. Everywhere else everything 3.75" is sold out including vehicles.
Seeing the exact same thing in my city. I suspect we might be living in the same place.

Reaction score
If it's an action figure, whether 3.75, 6, or 12", thats gone, jingle all the way style.oddly enough though, hero mashers and all the other crud stays put.

Reaction score
So it looks like hero mashers are a flop. Hot wheels die cast are a flop. Micro machines are doing mediocre. 12" doing okay, slowly moving.

Hero mashers is this year's command line.

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen 3.75" figures since Force Friday morning in my local stores. Can still pick up all of the 6" other than the Stormtrooper, but the smaller scale is just gone...

Reaction score
It'd probably help if they weren't cheap garbage in comparison to what everyone who thinks of Micro Machines fondly remembers.

What are you on about? They're awesome. They are more detailed sculpts than their 90's counterparts. That's because of the advances in technology and the different plastic used, which can have warping issues when packaged wrong, but that can easily be fixed with hot water in a minute. Let's not forget that Galoob's Micro Machines also had warping issues every now and then, but that's expected at such a small scale. You can't make plastic too solid or they'll break easily.

Reaction score
What are you on about? They're awesome. They are more detailed sculpts than their 90's counterparts. That's because of the advances in technology and the different plastic used, which can have warping issues when packaged wrong, but that can easily be fixed with hot water in a minute. Let's not forget that Galoob's Micro Machines also had warping issues every now and then, but that's expected at such a small scale. You can't make plastic too solid or they'll break easily.
Uh, have you actually bought the R2D2 and Stormtrooper playsets?
I have both the 90s ones and the 2015 ones, and the new ones are complete garbage.
Cheap plastic, zero interactivity, hardly any detail and they come with one figure that's warped to all high hell 90% of the time.
I don't really care if you like them, each to their own, but I collect MM like crazy and have all the 90s stuff and this TFA reintroduction is beyond abysmal.

Reaction score
In my part of the UK where we saw no Rebels and very little black series this is what I see.......

Luke and Vader 3.75". They're in most stores and clearly the pegwarmers.
Mashups - nobody is buying these.
Hot wheels - they've been discounted so many times and moved around the store

I've never seen 6" Black Series and anything else TFA.

Reaction score
Uh, have you actually bought the R2D2 and Stormtrooper playsets?
I have both the 90s ones and the 2015 ones, and the new ones are complete garbage.
Cheap plastic, zero interactivity, hardly any detail and they come with one figure that's warped to all high hell 90% of the time.
I don't really care if you like them, each to their own, but I collect MM like crazy and have all the 90s stuff and this TFA reintroduction is beyond abysmal.
The lack of figures in those sets is astounding. I still have the 90's R2, Threepio, Stormtrooper and Vader. I got rid of Endor, Death Star, Hoth and Dagobah or the non transforming head variety. They were great sets! Best of all, they came with 4 figures! One figure included feels like a total cash grab to get you to buy the little mini sets.

I too have also been unimpressed with how the ships look in the package. Yes, I remember some warping on the old MM. I had one X-wing that was kind of warped and the AT-ST had trouble standing. Everything else looked fine and was packaged with care. Some of these things look like they were smashed in there. It's disappointing.

I feel like they are moving mostly due to lack of other product on the shelf. The playsets themselves don't seem to be moving very well, the ship 3-packs are what's moving...at a slow pace.

Titanium is outpacing it big time.

Reaction score
The lack of figures in those sets is astounding. I still have the 90's R2, Threepio, Stormtrooper and Vader. I got rid of Endor, Death Star, Hoth and Dagobah or the non transforming head variety. They were great sets! Best of all, they came with 4 figures! One figure included feels like a total cash grab to get you to buy the little mini sets.

I too have also been unimpressed with how the ships look in the package. Yes, I remember some warping on the old MM. I had one X-wing that was kind of warped and the AT-ST had trouble standing. Everything else looked fine and was packaged with care. Some of these things look like they were smashed in there. It's disappointing.

I feel like they are moving mostly due to lack of other product on the shelf. The playsets themselves don't seem to be moving very well, the ship 3-packs are what's moving...at a slow pace.

Titanium is outpacing it big time.
Even the non-transforming play-sets had infinite more interactivity. It's been a while but I recall the Hoth set having a destructible shield generator and an ion canon which swiveled around, and I think Vader's Lightsaber and Luke's Binoculars had a bunch of nifty little features. Nothing on the heads, but still considerably more than these sets.
I think the worst part is that both the 2015 Stormtrooper and R2D2 playsets are literally identical structure wise; they're just painted a different color (brown or blue), and both have that lazy tacky spinny thing in the middle.
As for the lack of figures, they don't even sell individual packs of figures like they used to so you have to spend a good $100 on deluxe packs to get a handful of figures.

I bought the Attack of the Clones three pack of ships because MM wasn't around for that film so I was extremely excited.
The Republic gunship, a big solid piece of plastic, has the entire front end of the ship curved off to the right.
I can't even stand the figures I got with the playsets up either, they are extremely thin compared to the old ones and the stand and legs were so warped no amount of hot water could fix them.

I'm beyond dissapointed, I was so excited for the reintroduction of MM.
Currently I'm just picking up individual ships from the lucky dip packs that aren't warped off eBay for a couple of bucks each. Ones that haven't been released previously like the Sith Infiltrator, but I'm not giving Hasbro any more money for these things unless they step up their game.

Reaction score
From what I saw today, I'd say the Resistance Trooper and Constable Ruvio are leading the list of keeping the pegs warm. I'm not sure if a central warehouse has been Splitting cases at These stores or if they really got 3-4 cases each. I don't think they got that many per store, but why would a central warehouse decide that a store needed X-number of figures and then open 3-4 cases, pull all of the Ruvios or RTs and send them to one store?

I did see someone stocking the shelves today at a store and he just had a huge gray shipping box with things in it, but not in their shipping boxes.

Reaction score
I can't say anything is peg warming here yet but we got really good supply of every wave 1 release so you can pretty much walk into most stores and get what you want. Saying that I do seem to see more Zuivos, Resistance Troopers, Luke and Finn more than the others. Also see heaps of the Speeder Bike and Walker.

Shampoo bottle figures aren't selling and neither are the mash ups.

Reaction score
Another odd one is that I saw a number of TIE pilots the other day. Granted, I haven't seen the TIE out there yet, but imperial pilots usually tend to go faster. I actually could have understood it more, if the TIE was out because People might just buy that with the included Pilot and leave the single carded one (even though the box states it's a 2-seater).