The Force Awakens - General Film Discussion Thread

Reaction score
So . . .

I want to buy TFA for my daughter. Which one has the most additional (bonus) content? DVD? iTunes? Does it have to be purchased from a particular retailer?

Thanks all!
From what I understand, the dvd version does not have extra features at all. Digital or Blu Ray (which comes with dvd *and* digital, so it is definitely the best deal) is the way to go.

Reaction score
From what I understand, the dvd version does not have extra features at all. Digital or Blu Ray (which comes with dvd *and* digital, so it is definitely the best deal) is the way to go.
And for some reason, the digital version has an extra deleted scene where Han and Chewy confront a squad of STs in Maz's basement. This is unfortunately not on any blu ray copies.

GNT

Reaction score
And for some reason, the digital version has an extra deleted scene where Han and Chewy confront a squad of STs in Maz's basement. This is unfortunately not on any blu ray copies.
Here it is for those that haven't seen it. Lol I wish this made it in.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Is that the full scene? Seems like something is missing explaining how Han, Finn, and Poe managed to get by the troopers.

There was mention of a different scene where Maz uses the force to bring down the celing on a bunch of Stormtroopers,
which seems like the next scene. IDK if that shot was ever finished though.

Having everything spread out on different media is frustrating. My computer doesn't have bluray so I can't watch the extras and for some reason, I can't update my computer to get the digital copy of the extras.

Reaction score
Yes, that deleted scene creates more questions than it answers. How did they get out of that situation? Was that shot filmed? Were they supposed to be captured there instead of a few minutes later?

I think there are alot more deleted scenes than what we have seen so far. There is apparently a whole back and forth between Leia and the gal in Hosnia that we see when the planet blows up. There are the two shots in the teaser that don't go with the rest of the movie - Kylo coming off a ramp into the woods, and Maz handing the saber to Leia. There has to be more footage to those little bits.

Reaction score
So then she would be what the Council calls a "gray" Jedi? She was never inducted into the Jedi order, but can basically do anything they can. I'm not sure if that term is even Canon though, as it was never used in the movies. But I would assume that would be the only way to classify her, unless Bad Robot has come up with a different term to use.

GNT

Reaction score
But didn't Maz say that she "knows" the Force, but doesn't "use" it?
Considering Maz has been alive for over 1000 years she's bound to have known about the Jedi Order (considering the Jedi order only ceased to exist 40 odd years or so ago before the events of TFA) so it's possible she served a Jedi here or there over the years. I don't think she's a Jedi.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a screenshot of the Finn desert landspeeder from the movie they can post? I've heard it's in the film when Rey and bb8 arrive at Nina outpost. I would love to see that screenshot so I can modify my landspeeder to look how it did in the movie, thank u.

Reaction score
I wonder if that's in the book. I've really liked all of the novelizations of the movies since they add quite a bit of stuff like this.

Reaction score
Considering Maz has been alive for over 1000 years she's bound to have known about the Jedi Order (considering the Jedi order only ceased to exist 40 odd years or so ago before the events of TFA) so it's possible she served a Jedi here or there over the years. I don't think she's a Jedi.
I felt Maz was like those persons who claim to know the Star Wars universe inside-out, even though they've never actually worked on it.

Though I love making this joke:

Maz: "I am no Jedi. But I know the ways of the Force."

Rey: "What about Midi-"

*SLAP*

Maz: "Shut up, stupid girl!"

Reaction score
It is in the visual dictionary. The movie has it far away. I tried to get a screen grab but Itunes wouldn't let me.
Man, and I thought I might have actually saved some money by not buying this thing. Now that I know it's canon, guess I better oil the hinges on my wallet.

Reaction score
Apparently in that boxset the movie also comes in DVD and "standard" bluray as well?

Reaction score
Ugh. I don't have a 3D tv, so, I'll wait until all the deleted scenes pop up on-line. It's just enough​ to be frustrating. I really like that case though.

Reaction score
I skipped the first release so will pick this up. Unfortunately it is missing the Dolby Atmos track so will probably have to double dip if they ever release one. Maybe if they decide to support UHD someday.

GNT

Reaction score
3D TFA is coming, officially revealed on SW.com, the price part I'm not sure on but with muiltiple discs sounds about right.