The Force Awakens - General Film Discussion Thread

Reaction score
^^^cool. Just did it. I'll probably still buy it the day it comes out in store. Then just return the one they ship me and keep the $5 gift card. Now I need to cancel my Amazon Pre-Order.

Reaction score
I just pre-ordered my copy from Target. Here's hoping they do like Amazon used to do, and ship it just before the release date so that it actually arrives on that date. I wasn't going to do this, but considering Target is a bit of a drive from work, and there's no guarantees they'll have any of the exclusive copies left by the time I get there, I'll pay for the shipping. just not happy with the thought of having to wait a few days after it's released for it to come in.

Reaction score
I also just cancelled my pre-order from Amazon and ordered the combination Bluray/DVD from Target. Can wait to dig into those twenty extra minutes of footage!

Reaction score
No, AACS 2.0 probably hasn

Did everyone else see that the Target 20 minutes is download only... not an extra disc. Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Hmm....looks like I may cancel that pre-order, and just hit Walmart before work that morning. Not gonna' waste gas or wait for it to ship for a digital download that'll probably hit youtube in a matter of weeks.

Reaction score
I got my shipping notice from Target today for The Force Awakens BluRay disc. Hope it will be waiting at home for me when I get home from work on Tuesday.

Reaction score
Has anybody documented the differences in bonus features between all the different store releases?

Reaction score
I bought the DVD today and think it's pretty lame that it doesn't have any special features. They've been trending that way with the Marvel movies lately. I'm not a fan of Blu-Rays. I ended up watching the deleted scenes on YouTube and found them pretty lackluster.

Reaction score
Just tracked my BluRay and it just got to New Jersey so it is still 3 states away. No Force Awakens for me tonight unless I buy a copy tonight and then return the one that arrives in the mail.

Reaction score
Interesting bit I read today. In an interview someone asked JJ to expand on the movie and while talking about Kylo Ren he said that the 'bowl' of ashes he slams his mask down in to while he's interrogating Rey is the burned remains of people he has killed; and in fact that scene was shot for when he's talking to Vader's mask. So I assume they decided to go with a take where he's talking to the mask with his mask on and save the mask removal for a more poignant moment, or some such. And use the ash bowl later shot later.

Reaction score
So I got the Target Blu Ray and went ahead and redeemed my code on the website it provided. It asks what I want to have my copy viewable on and I choose Amazon since I have a Prime account. Then later I notice that on the front of the little pamphlet it says "REDEEM YOUR EXCLUSIVE TARGET BONUS CONTENT On Disney Movies Anywhere" with the "on Disney Movies Anywhere" being in a slightly smaller font and in white rather than in bold capital yellow letters. So am I just screwed now for redeeming it through Amazon and not Disney Movies Anywhere? A guy on YouTube said that he did the same thing, but with iTunes and not Amazon, but he found a way to still get the bonus content. I haven't heard back from him yet, but did anybody on here make the same dumb mistake as me and if so did you somehow find a way to fix it?

Reaction score
So I got the Target Blu Ray and went ahead and redeemed my code on the website it provided. It asks what I want to have my copy viewable on and I choose Amazon since I have a Prime account. Then later I notice that on the front of the little pamphlet it says "REDEEM YOUR EXCLUSIVE TARGET BONUS CONTENT On Disney Movies Anywhere" with the "on Disney Movies Anywhere" being in a slightly smaller font and in white rather than in bold capital yellow letters. So am I just screwed now for redeeming it through Amazon and not Disney Movies Anywhere? A guy on YouTube said that he did the same thing, but with iTunes and not Amazon, but he found a way to still get the bonus content. I haven't heard back from him yet, but did anybody on here make the same dumb mistake as me and if so did you somehow find a way to fix it?
Where's the Target Bonus content tho?

Reaction score
You just make a Disney account (I already had one, I don't even remember making it), and then go to the Disney Movies Anywhere site and put in the code there. I put it in and now I have a 8 minutes video about how they made the weapons in the movie and a 12 minute conversation between John Boyega and Daisy Ridley about their experiences making the movie.

Reaction score
I just finished watching The Force Awakens and now I'm watching the Original '77 Star Wars. I'm such a nerd, I know I'll put Empire on next.

Reaction score
Having seen the deleted scenes its interesting to note that the Snowtroopers could have been prominently featured in the film, in the theatrical release they are barely onscreen, but there are two deleted scenes where they took centre stage.

Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd viewing of TFA. The Kylo Ren/Han Solo scene is worse than the end of Old Yeller. My dog noticed how sad I was last night and tried to console me.

Reaction score
Updated my son's Sphero BB-8 app and his BB-8 watches baseball and hockey with me as well as The Force Awakens.

Reaction score

There isnt one. There has been talk of a scene where Unkar turns up and has a confrontation with Chewy, but that isnt a DVD deleted scene.
Yeah the Maz scene was even in the deleted scene trailer.....and it's missing. Painfully obvious it revealed her force powers and Episode 8 looks to be exploring her more so they quickly nixed it.

Reaction score
I was curious what as to what ever happened to Maz after the castle was destroyed. Also, I thought Rey's reaction to Solo's death was a bit much, you know the whole NOOOOO crap!!!. Fin spent more time with Solo and he just stood there looking like a moron. Just my take, it was a minor gripe.

Reaction score
Dude she just got a very cool job offer from him, try to have some compassion lol.
Yeah but it didn't pay much. No reason to overreact. :grin:

Seriously though, when Ren read her mind he said she felt like Han was the father she never had. Imagine waiting most of your life for a family who never returned, then meeting someone who filled some of that void, then watching them die soon after. I get it.

As far as Finn, he'd already seen a lot of death early in the film, so maybe that could explain why he didn't have as much of a reaction. Or maybe it was bad acting.

Reaction score
I was curious what as to what ever happened to Maz after the castle was destroyed.
She joined the Resistance. It was more explicitly shown in a deleted scene, but Abrams decided it detracted from the main story of searching for Skywalker and so cut it. I don't recall it being among the deleted scenes.

Reaction score
Kind of wish they would have just thrown the Rogue One trailer on the Blu Ray if they were just going to release it a day later anyway.

I wish they'd have put ALL of the TFA trailers on the blu-ray. Some of them were pretty epic on their own, and I hate having to still go to youtube to see them.

Reaction score
She joined the Resistance. It was more explicitly shown in a deleted scene, but Abrams decided it detracted from the main story of searching for Skywalker and so cut it. I don't recall it being among the deleted scenes.
This is correct. There is a whole alternate storyline where Maz delivers Luke's lightsaber to Leia on Ilenium (sp?). You can see a snippet of that in the first trailer. But JJ correctly realized that Maz no longer had anything to do after this point, so cut her out of the story. (Very similar to what Lucas went through with Ben in the original shooting script for ANH, where he was still alive and just hanging about the rebel base.)

It would have been nice to see her in the base somewhere, or at least walking onto Leia's ship when Han and Leia meet for the first time.

Reaction score
Gotta hold those extra deleted scenes back so they can re-release the entire ST trilogy again as a compilation pack for people to buy! (not me) lol ;)
The cynic in me is expecting just that to happen. The confrontation between Han, Finn, Chewbacca, Maz and the FO Stormtroopers in the tunnel didn't even make it onto the bonus features disc of the Blu Ray. It was only available in the digital extras. So I fully expect things like Chewbacca ripping off Unkar Plutt's arm to make it onto some later release. The same goes for the scene where Maz hands the lightsaber to Leia.

Reaction score
I wish they'd have put ALL of the TFA trailers on the blu-ray. Some of them were pretty epic on their own, and I hate having to still go to youtube to see them.
Yeah but then that would effect their brag worthy view count.

Also about Reys reaction to Han. She is pretty much a Star Wars fan girl in that she loves all of these stories and wishes to one day join them. One of her heroes died in front of her.

Reaction score
So . . .

I want to buy TFA for my daughter. Which one has the most additional (bonus) content? DVD? iTunes? Does it have to be purchased from a particular retailer?

Thanks all!