The Force Awakens - General Film Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss any general news or information related to The Force Awakens film, this thread will be the only film discussion thread in this section.

If your remaining Spoiler Free, it'd be best to stay clear. Spoilers maybe posted if pictures or info has been released, otherwise warning tags need to be applied.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks a hell of a lot like a damn Sith Lord is leading the Empire (or whatever it is then) again.

Reaction score
It looks a hell of a lot like a damn Sith Lord is leading the Empire (or whatever it is then) again.
Or is at least a major enforcer. Captain Phasma looks like a bad *****. And that new TIE pilot is really rad.

Reaction score
After 32 years, finally, Han and Chewie---that's all I really needed, the rest of it's just gravy. I would've been cool with 2 hours of them flying around on supply runs and smack-talking/howling at each other. :grin:

Reaction score
After 32 years, finally, Han and Chewie---that's all I really needed, the rest of it's just gravy. I would've been cool with 2 hours of them flying around on supply runs and smack-talking/howling at each other. :grin:

Echoes of the past...

GNT

Reaction score
I've gone through and screen captured all the scenes from the trailer:

Reaction score
Flashback Luke.
Oooh, good cath on that one. Yeah, I'm sure that's Luke.

@John_Solo: I like your echoes of the past post. That's the Thing we Need in SW, those Little Connections that make you go, "yeah, just like in the old days."

Reaction score
While it was cool to see Han and Chewie again, I just hope that he can remember how to play the character. After all, it's been a very long time. And lately he seems to play the same type of characters in recent films.

Also, there are just a bit too many homage nods. Almost like they're forcing the issue.

Reaction score
Also, there are just a bit too many homage nods. Almost like they're forcing the issue.
Almost as with Star Trek: The Wrath of... no wait, Into Darkness? From that director, huh, what was his name again...

Then again, so far I liked the "homages" in SW. I wouldn't even call them homage, since this is a sequel, and we would expect things from the past popping up. And what I have seen so far feels natural enough: two star destroyers crashed, stormtroopers in a newer outfit, TIEs... Let's wait how the whole movie plays out, there's not enough material yet to judge.

Reaction score
I've gone through and screen captured all the scenes from the trailer:

Nice picture of Ahsoka Tano graciously kneeling and handing Anakin's old lightsaber to Leia. I wonder how she managed to track it down. Perhaps it bonked an Ugnaught on the head at the bottom of the Bespin shaft? Maybe she was there, keeping tabs on her old master? Or maybe it called out to her from across the galaxy? Fitting of a Jedi to return a lightsaber to its rightful owners. :awesome:

Reaction score
Nice picture of Ahsoka Tano graciously kneeling and handing Anakin's old lightsaber to Leia. I wonder how she managed to track it down. Perhaps it bonked an Ugnaught on the head at the bottom of the Bespin shaft? Maybe she was there, keeping tabs on her old master? Or maybe it called out to her from across the galaxy? Fitting of a Jedi to return a lightsaber to its rightful owners. :awesome:
Isn't the idea that this is Ahsoka just speculation? I don't really put a lot of credence into rumor sites, but it would be interesting to see them actually tie Ahsoka's character into the Sequel Trilogy. That would help justify her existence in Clone Wars, but wouldn't she be pretty old by the time of Ep7?

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's not Ahsoka.
From spoilers I've read, it's a little alien "puppet" named Rose.(voiced by Lupita Nyongo)
Ahsoka is not in TFA. But maybe one day she'll be in some live-action movie whether it be a future movie Episode, or a spin-off. I love Ahsoka. I hope she'll one day find her way to the big screen.

Reaction score
I REALLY hope not. That is one objectionable character that really needed to die in TCW, but hopefully Vader will get the job done in Rebels.

Reaction score
Isn't the idea that this is Ahsoka just speculation? I don't really put a lot of credence into rumor sites, but it would be interesting to see them actually tie Ahsoka's character into the Sequel Trilogy. That would help justify her existence in Clone Wars, but wouldn't she be pretty old by the time of Ep7?
I really don't understand why people think this is Ashoka. You can *see* the face, there is a weird pointy chin and giant black eyes. It looks absolutely nothing like Ashoka at all. Ashoka has a human face (in weird colors) and has those tail things coming down like long hair that would be in this shot.

GNT

Reaction score
I really don't understand why people think this is Ashoka. You can *see* the face, there is a weird pointy chin and giant black eyes.
The only person who thinks it's Ahsoka is DarthMarv all across the forum. As pointed out several times it's a new character they're calling Rose atm.

Reaction score
I REALLY hope not. That is one objectionable character that really needed to die in TCW, but hopefully Vader will get the job done in Rebels.
I've never understood the fascination with her either. Not that I hate the character, but she needs to stay in the cartoons. I'd be very annoyed if she showed up in the films.

Reaction score
That is not Ahsoka.

Watch the trailer frame by frame and you can see more of the face. It's a different species. Not human and not Togruta.

Reaction score
I really don't understand why people think this is Ashoka. You can *see* the face, there is a weird pointy chin and giant black eyes. It looks absolutely nothing like Ashoka at all. Ashoka has a human face (in weird colors) and has those tail things coming down like long hair that would be in this shot.
Her face is in shadow, that pointy thing is her nose, and her Lekku could be trailing behind her shoulders.

So where was she during the whole Luke-Vader thing? Hiding in a box?

Reaction score
Her face is in shadow, that pointy thing is her nose, and her Lekku could be trailing behind her shoulders.

So where was she during the whole Luke-Vader thing? Hiding in a box?
Its almost like you didn't actually read what I said. But beyond that, the single most obvious difference is the eyes. Do you not see the giant bug eyes?

Reaction score
I've never understood the fascination with her either. Not that I hate the character, but she needs to stay in the cartoons. I'd be very annoyed if she showed up in the films.
Very much agree on this. The character got better as TCW went on, but Ahsoka and all of the Cartoon characters should stay put and not be in the new films.

Reaction score
Very much agree on this. The character got better as TCW went on, but Ahsoka and all of the Cartoon characters should stay put and not be in the new films.
Pretty sure Ahsoka won't make it out alive of Rebels