The Finds Awaken

Reaction score
I am like bwing- grew up with the original Kenner Vintage 3 3/4" so it is very hard to get interested in another scale. I bought the 6 inch scale Jabba Throne set but never displayed it since I have the Sideshow version on display. I had to give up on the Sideshow scale due to the greatly increased prices.

Reaction score
I like the 6" line and I've bought several, but it doesn't appeal to me like the 3 3/4", which I've been collecting for nearly 40 years! That being said, my tastes are more discerning now then when they were 20 years ago when Star Wars action figures were revived with POTF2. So, I just can't accept the current 5POA figures But I'm elated over the upcoming articulated Black Series figures (even if they are Wal-Mart exclusives).

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Pizza. Grew up with the Kenner figures. I have a few 6" figures, but they just don't do it for me the same way 3 3/4" does. And I've been spoiled by the articulation that was introduced post Episode 3, so it's hard for me to plunk down $7 for the 5POA figures unless they're characters that don't require a lot of movement. That being said, the Force Awakens 3 3/4" 5POA line does look appealing to me (sculpt and packaging) when I see them at the store. Just need to stay strong until the FA Wal-Mart Black Series becomes available!

Reaction score
I'm leaning with select 6" simply because I have waaaayy too many figs in bins. So, I'm pulling back. I too am very partial to the vintage figs. I finally completed my set (no droids or ewoks) about a year ago. I also have more than a few jumbo vintage (original 12, yoda, fett...). I love those things. On the new 3 3/4...I just don't wanna fill another box. Larger figs seem easier to display and swap out.

Reaction score
on the Jumbo Vintage...I took advantage on Entertainment Earth's occasional blow out sales. Snag em' 40% off and free shipping.

Reaction score
Heck, I grew up collecting 3 3/4" too. But like Chimpy said, I just can't get with the 5POA stuff. I think it's a slippery slope anyway... I never intended to get into 6" but was slowly won over time!

Reaction score
Like the rest of you, my collecting started with the 3.75s (like some, that being vintage) and the scale holds as a primary draw. I will say though that the 6" line when it came out my initial reaction was "oh? neat" but didn't go much beyond that until pictures started coming out. While I can't say I'm all in on them (I've stopped getting most PT figures and don't intend to buy a number of ST figures) I do like the scale and have bought a good number of them. It is almost like getting that second hit of that fresh air from way way back with the initial vintage figures being gifted to me.
So I guess I'll continue with both scales for awhile - see where it takes me and my collection.

Reaction score
Speaking of what lines we do and do not collect, is anyone here interested in the Disney Elite Series die-cast figures? During the rush of Force Friday I managed to get both Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma from the disney store website, but I have since made the decision to not collect this line. I figured I'd offer them to my fellow local collectors before I return them to the store. I'll sell them for cost ($26.45 each, after tax) + shipping, although if you're in the Detroit area local pickup would work too.

Reaction score
I agree, I think they look terrible. That being said I'd probably buy a Boba given the chance because I can never resist him.

I'm hunting hard for 6" Phasma. ukijedi, I will keep an eye out for you, too!

Reaction score
Mid-Michigan (like Saginaw/Midland) area WG's are getting more of the Cody/Boussh/Palpatine/IG-88 6" wave if you guys missed out on that.

Reaction score
I spent the weekend looking for a 6" Boushh at many Walgreens. No luck. I did spot several red and green Clone Troopers, Emperor and a Han Trooper though.

Reaction score
Found all of Wave 2 (3 3/4") figures at the Dearborn Wal-Mart on Ford Road (Ezra, First Order Snowtrooper, Kanan, Sarco Plank & X-wing Pilot Asty). There were multiples of each.

Reaction score
Keep your eyes open at Walmart for Wave 2 Jungle/Space General Hux Goss Toowers wave. There are several find reports at the jedi temple archives.

Reaction score
Have the Walmart Black Series figs (Chewie.Luke,Vader) been in stores yet?

Reaction score
I spent the weekend looking for a 6" Boushh at many Walgreens. No luck. I did spot several red and green Clone Troopers, Emperor and a Han Trooper though.
I hit a few more stores yesterday. No luck. I just ordered through Amazon. I prefer buying in stores, but stores just aren't supporting the hobby like they used to.

Reaction score
Pizza, I would have kept my eyes peeled for a Boushh for ya! I get all over the state so I can take my pick of what region to hunt in.

I'm still trying to dig up an IG-88 and Phasma, myself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Snowtrooper Officer found at Lakeside TRU! Ordered online for in-store pickup. They aren't stocking these exclusives on the shelf for some reason? Anyway, I have to admit it was one of the best TRU experiences I've had. Ordered online... confirmation pick up email. Go to store and enter number at kiosk ... pick up in back. No awkward human interaction! No endless phone holds and confused associates! I'm a grown man buying toys and I got to keep my dignity, for once...

Reaction score
Yeah, I have it on good authority the Snowtrooper should be hitting all over MI this week. Jump on 'em quick though, I think they're 6 per case per store per shipment...

Reaction score
I stumbled upon 6" wave 2 at the Garden City K-Mart! They LITERALLY do not have a SW section and I just randomly spotted the Guavian against the far wall. They had the whole wave but I just grabbed the Guav and of course Phasma. Poe, Zuvio and the FO Trooper remain.

Reaction score
That's like mine...no SW presence in the action figure aisle at all. THey have an endcap(practically empty) & a cardboard mod. near towels>>>???
I stumbled upon 6" wave 2 at the Garden City K-Mart! They LITERALLY do not have a SW section and I just randomly spotted the Guavian against the far wall. They had the whole wave but I just grabbed the Guav and of course Phasma. Poe, Zuvio and the FO Trooper remain.

Reaction score
Troy Walmart is fully stocked on Black Series 3 3/4"... I left them all hanging on the pegs because they were most UN-impressive. Finally found one of each 6" Phasma and Guavian Enforcer at K-mart hiding in massive piles of Command on clearance.

Reaction score
Also saw that LXSTCH but only the first 3 figures (Vader, Luke, Chewbacca). Love the packaging but for $13.00 a piece (ridiculous) and 3 figures that I already have it was an easy pass.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found the Hux wave of 3 3/4 TFA figures at the Ann Arbor East Target around 10am today. They seemed to have received 2 cases since there were 4 each of most figures except 2 Kylo Ren & 2 Guavian Enforcer. Picked up 1 of each and the only 2 Guavian left. I was very surprised to find anything (other than wave 1) after having empty pegs since Force Friday.

Plenty of the Black Series Wave 1 at Ypsilanti and Belleville Walmarts. Too bad I already have them with better paint apps on previous releases. Hopefully wave 2 will show up and have better paint.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wal mart in Novi had plenty of 3.75 black series figure (Luke, Chewie, and Vader), about 20 figures total. Since I have these already I passed on them. Starting to wonder if wave 2 of these will make it out before the films release with this much product warming the pegs...

Reaction score
I just don't understand why you start a line (exclusive Walmart Black series) with 3 figures that we already have. Start with new figures/characters from Episode VII and then sprinkle in the know characters (Luke, Vader, Chewbacca) as the line continues.

Reaction score
I just don't understand why you start a line (exclusive Walmart Black series) with 3 figures that we already have. Start with new figures/characters from Episode VII and then sprinkle in the know characters (Luke, Vader, Chewbacca) as the line continues.
No SA 3.75 collector understands Hasbro's logic on this. They should have been repacks from any HTF figure in the TVC line (ERG, Ahsoka, Starkiller) or any HTF figure from any previous 3.75 SW line (real easy to find expensive choices on eBay, Hasbro - take your pick).

Or at the very least release the TFA SA as wave 1 and release to coincide with the film's release as not to cannibalize sales from the 5POA versions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is news anymore, but there were two each of the Hux wave at the Ford Rd Canton Target tonight, all remain. They also had a new case of the two packs and I finally got a BB-8. I guess I'm caught up until whenever they decide to release for unannounced product. I really hate having no idea what's coming.

Reaction score
Last night I found the 2nd wave of Black Series (Kylo, FO Storm. Leia) at Walmart in Windsor along with Hux wave too!! One of all remained.

Reaction score
found a 6" Deadpool looking guy (sorry the name escapes me) at the Brighton Target. Still looking for 6" Cpt. Phasma. anybody have an extra? anyone?

they had the new blue, long neck, protocol droid and Hux in the 3 3/4 size as well.

Reaction score
I picked up a 6" Poe at Westland Target. He's one of the better looking examples I've seen, actually better than the two pack, though his eyebrows might need some tweaking...

What happened to wave 3? I heard a couple reports of Hux, etc. hitting Targets and now it seems to be all wave 2.

Reaction score
So no sightings of the Wal-Mart wave 2 of Black Series 3.75" (Kylo, FO Storm. Leia) in SE Michigan? All I saw was wave one at the Novi location. These are the figures I'm looking forward to the most!

Reaction score
Nope nothing yet. I checked in Gaylord and West Branch on my way back from the UP on Sunday, as well as Rochester Hills on Tuesday. Just wave 1 in various amounts. Looks like a few sightings in Ohio though so I'm trying to stay hopeful!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I did just get Kylo, leia, and the stormtrooper at Walmart in Roseville. There were one of each left after I left there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe they're finally landing. I'd hit the Grand Blanc WM two Sundays ago - no wave 2. Hit the Auburn Hills WM this past Monday, again no wave 2. Perhaps there is hope.

Reaction score
Nothing this afternoon at the Auburn Hills Walmart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk