The Finds Awaken

Reaction score
Anybody else order a Sail Barge?
Yes. It was supposed to arrive today (Friday) but the day changed this afternoon at 2pm to Monday delivery :mad:. This is as frustrating as the Cable company service calls because I arranged to be home from work for this. My original date was Tuesday 3/6 when they first shipped.

Update: Fed Ex delivered it today! (Saturday). Arrived with some damage, dings and scrapes to outer box. Inner brown box just has corner creases of various degrees but no punctures. Will be a bit before I open and assemble because the space for it is not ready yet. My outer box just had the black printing and no purple stripe.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anybody else order a Sail Barge?
Sure did! It arrived on Friday safe and sound. The outer box had a little ding in one spot and a couple crinkles on corners but the inner box was intact as was the actual barge box. Have to say it was a rather unwieldy thing to lug around but managed it. Getting the boxes out were also an adventure. Now comes the hard part - figuring out where in the world to put it. Had all that time and came up with no good place, still haven't.

Reaction score
Saline Walmart has a full case of the newest Black Series wave minus Mace Windu. I grabbed him this afternoon. They still had 3 TVC Mimban Troopers. They were in good shape.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Almost a month without a post - Wow

I'm probably in the minority but I am interested in the "new" Retro Style figures. I've been seeing reports of those hitting some Target stores throughout the country. I went to 2 local Targets in Dearborn but nothing.

If anyone sees those please let me know. Thanks.

Reaction score
The GameStop by the Ypsilanti Walmart had the latest wave of Black Series minus the Padmes Friday night. They also had 4 or 5 Jumptroopers. I grabbed the last Padme they had. She’s a really nice figure. They were also 30% off.

Reaction score
Ann Arbor/Saline Rd Meijer had 2 Black Series snowtroopers and one Royal Guard. One of the snowtroopers boxes was faded on one side and the plastic was cracked. I’m guess they found these in the back during the remodeling. All Black Series digs at Meijer are $10 right now. They need to mark them down further if they’re ever going to get rid of the 3 year old figures they have.

Reaction score
Almost a month without a post - Wow

I'm probably in the minority but I am interested in the "new" Retro Style figures. I've been seeing reports of those hitting some Target stores throughout the country. I went to 2 local Targets in Dearborn but nothing.

If anyone sees those please let me know. Thanks.
I picked up the only copy of the Retro Tarkin Board Game last week at the Ypsilanti Target. The individual figures are street dated for 5/12 and register locked. I keep checking online to pre-order the individual 6 but they haven't put them up again.

Reaction score
Spam, although I don't have it yet, I do believe the Tarkin figure is carded.

It's available for order on Target.com (free 2 day shipping). I have one on the way / should be delivered tomorrow.

Reaction score
Have any of you here tried removing the Retro sticker off any of these carded figures? I would like to find the best way to remove mine without any damage to the card. Thanks.

Reaction score
I'd heard mixed tales on success there. Ran across a bit on another site that mentioned using a hair dryer to heat up the sticker (but making sure you don't hit the bubble) and peel it up carefully. YMMV though - if you aren't careful from what I'd read it can tug on the cardback paper.
All of that said, I'm not removing mine.

Reaction score
I'd heard mixed tales on success there. Ran across a bit on another site that mentioned using a hair dryer to heat up the sticker (but making sure you don't hit the bubble) and peel it up carefully. YMMV though - if you aren't careful from what I'd read it can tug on the cardback paper.
All of that said, I'm not removing mine.
I’ve heard the key with the hair dyer is to warm it up on low from the back!

Reaction score
Just use sparing amounts of rubbing alcohol on the sticker. Like just enough to saturate it. I just dip my finger in the bottle and get it wet and then rub it on the sticker. Let it sit a few seconds and it should pull up pretty easy without spilling over the sides.

Reaction score
Anyone have any sightings of the Retro figures?
I found 1 Vader on a damaged card laying on the shelf in the Star Wars toy aisle on Monday at the Ypsilanti Target. Probably because the card was bent and had a damaged corner. I have Leia and Chewy coming from the website because they appeared for a split second around midnight on monday. I'm still hoping to catch a restock now that they set the Father's Day display in the Men's clothing and have a peg for them.

Reaction score
So...no one went out to look for them on Sunday morning?
Here is the report I posted on my facebook page.
Star Wars Target Exclusive Retro Figures Report:
I did well this morning, but it started out a little shaky.
Got inside the first store, Woodhaven, and there were two other guys there besides me and my wife but, they were pretty cool and we were all talking shop. We found an employee to assist us, I gave the Retro and Han Exclusive dpci# to her and she said they had 12 on hand and went to the back.
A few minutes passed and it seemed like it was taking too long to me.
Then this scalper guy I've seen around for years, he used to have a table at Gibraltar starts nosing up in our business.
Then this lady and her kids show up as the electronics lady is coming out of the back with only one case of figures. I could tell from a distance that it was only the Han Stormtrooper case because it was too wide.
So everyone's a little let down; the lady with the kids starts yelling I called yesterday and they said they had 12 of each figure on hand blah blah blah...
I stayed focused though and had the Electronics person open the Han case, got my 3 figures, sort of speculated with her about whether she could try to find the other cases etc.
I then looked around and there was a group of people all swarmed about and they were all asking the same kind of stuff but they weren't being as pleasant. Especially the loud lady w/ the kids.
I turned and looked at my wife and said "it's time to go, we have to move on to the next store.
Next Store: Southgate, Nope just sold out of them.
Time to go...
Next Store. Target in the sky(that's what we call it) the one off Oakwood in Dearborn The guy in electronics said "oh yeah, I have those over here at my counter but someone already went through them"
That made me sad...
However, it was the Han Stormtrooper wave, I immediately gave him the Retro dpci# he said there was 11 in the back but only came out with one case I was very happy and thanked him profusely.
However, I wasn't done yet because I wanted a double of Leia and a Stormtrooper.
So off to another Target my wife and I went.
Target Ford rd Dearborn Heights, I scored there as well got my 2 doubles and the Retro game with Tarkin, had to have an employee bring the Retro out of the back, game was on the shelf in the game section.
Such a relief...
The man that brought them out for said he knew where they were because someone had just been there and purchased the other case.
And sorry about the size of the picture

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll never own any original sealed vintage figures in my lifetime so I really thought these were worth it.
So many memories from when I was a kid even with the fake damage to the cards.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was out bright and early Sunday morning, waiting for Target to open (was really looking forward to getting back home and to bed again). When they opened went in and around the store, nothing new was out anywhere. Thankfully I needed something else while there so at the register got the usual "did you find everything you were looking for?" which gave a perfect chance to say "well...". Had the Han Stormtrooper brought up from 'the back' (there was someone else there with me doing the same) and then on the way out was told by another employee to head back to Electronics and maybe they'd have more there. The two of us did that and the rest of the Han case and one case of the retro figures was there. Picked up the Chewie and the Stormtrooper and let it be at that.
There wasn't any sign of the Luke Stormtrooper 6" figure nor the Escape game - the game though I ordered through the website and that came the Wednesday before. Still on the fence about the 6" Luke.

In the end that morning we'd left Han and Vader behind along with the rest of the Han Stormtroopers - definitely no scalper greedies with us at that time or they'd have grabbed everything in sight only to either put it on eBay or on the SW Battles FB group for 2-3x the price.

Reaction score
I just picked up 6” Stormtrooper Luke at the Carpenter rd Target in Ypsilanti. They still had 3z in the regular toy aisle. Didn’t see any of the other new figures.

Reaction score
Carpenter Rd Target had 5 6" Stormtrooper Lukes as of yesterday. I still haven't seen any retro figures, TVC Stormtrooper Han, or the game that comes with Tarkin.

Reaction score
Target Exclusive TBS Luke as Trooper Found!

Saw the Black Series 6 inch Luke as Stormtrooper on 6/1/19 at the Westland Target. Interestingly, located on mobile shelving in the Mens department, not in the toy aisle.

Hope this helps,
Will E.

Reaction score
Anyone still have any sightings of the Retro Collection figures? I'm still trying to find Luke, Han & Stormtrooper. I managed to find a lone Vader in a local Target and got Leia & Chewy online when they appeared for a split second.

Reaction score
The only time I'd seen them in-store was the first 'street date' day for them. Since then they've been no-shows since. There was a rumor more stock was coming out that week but apparently that wasn't for the Retro line. Pretty much at this point anyone looking to finish the set will likely have to wait until the Fall when supposedly other (r)etailers will be getting their hands on them.

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

There are 2 Han as stormtoopers on the pegs at the Dearborn Heights Target as of 6/10/19. One has a seriously bent corner, just like a bookmark. Also, plenty of the Escape From The Death Star game with carded Tarkin on the shelves in the games section at the Westland and north Canton Target locations.

Thanks,
Will E.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you are in need of the 6" Luketrooper or TVC Hantrooper, check out Target as they're both currently 50% off. Popped into the AH Target and picked up one of the Hans. There was another there and three somewhat mangled 6" Lukes that I left there.

Reaction score
I’m surprised how quickly the Target exclusives went to markdown. Has anyone come across wave 2 of the 6” archive series yet? I would really like to find Yoda from that wave.

Reaction score
Not yet - that's the only figure I'm after that I hadn't already preordered somewhere else.

Reaction score
The GameStop by Ypsi Walmart had Black Series Dr. Aphra, BT-1, and 0-0-0. They also had Holdo, Han Mudtrooper, and 3 Jumptroopers.

Reaction score
I was at the Belleville Meijer and they had some Star Wars items on clearance. 6 inch Black Series were 75% off. I don't normally collect this scale but I couldn't resist a Farmboy Luke, FO Snowtrooper, FO Flametrooper and a Death Trooper for under $5 each.