The Emperor - #VC200

Reaction score
This and the rest of the wave are all over Disney World property. Nice figure too.

Reaction score
All over them place in my area as well. Who at Hasbro thought packing ESB Lando 3 to a case needs to be Force choked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There’s literally been Landos EVERYWHERE for the last few months between VOTC and Black Series.

Reaction score
For those that have been successful with this, how did you do the head swap with Emperor VC 200 and the 2018 5 POA Emperor figures? The head on VC 200 is easy enough to remove, but what technique did you use for the 2018 version? I'm lucky enough to have one extra of each and would like to do a head swap.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Reaction score
EDIT/DELETE: Sorry, I thought I was in the Bib thread. 🤣

Reaction score
Yep, which in reality isn't a horrible choice considering it's covered by SG's, it's a chance to save tooling costs especially when included with an all new Throne. The downside is that for a basic release he kind of needed an upgrade because that mold is showing its age in today's landscape. So while probably not a popular idea I would have held off on the single version until closer to ROTJ anniversary and did an all new sculpt to last another two decades. That said there's nothing saying they can't wont do it anyways after making Money off these two reissues.

Reaction score
the biggest problem i have with this sculpt is it really doesn't sit well to be marketed with a throne. i mean, you can put it in there, but it doesn't work well.

Reaction score
For those that have been successful with this, how did you do the head swap with Emperor VC 200 and the 2018 5 POA Emperor figures? The head on VC 200 is easy enough to remove, but what technique did you use for the 2018 version? I'm lucky enough to have one extra of each and would like to do a head swap.

I haven’t messed with the Force Link Emperor in a while but I’m pretty sure it pops right off since it’s on a ball joint. I slapped mine onto a TVC Sidious body for a custom I did a couple years back.

Yb6tH0w.jpg

On the left is the Force Link head repainted and popped onto the VC Sidious body, which I’m pretty sure is the same body as this new TVC Emperor.

Reaction score

I think you just pop it off if I'm not mistaken. The hood, hands and head of the 5 POA one are shown on a VC Emperor body.
WsYqc1t.jpg

I think everything just popped off. Not sure if the ball joint size is the same or not though, but I don't think I had to do too much drastic stuff to do this.

You have to pop off his arms (they come off very easily) on the 5POA one, and then you can slide the whole robe up over him. For me, I cut the hood off too as I used the hood for my custom.

Reaction score
It might have been good for Hasbro to have released this version of the Emperor with two or even three headsculpts. There's some really good looking customs people have posted, a different expression is nice to have and if they used existing heads, the cost of doing this wouldn't be too much for Hasbro to meet what obvious demand there would be for multiple heads packed in.

Reaction score
It might have been good for Hasbro to have released this version of the Emperor with two or even three headsculpts. There's some really good looking customs people have posted, a different expression is nice to have and if they used existing heads, the cost of doing this wouldn't be too much for Hasbro to meet what obvious demand there would be for multiple heads packed in.
But why sell one emperor with three or four heads when you can sell three or four emperor figures.

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, exactly! You're describing Hasbro's past production dynamic. I'm suggesting they could go a different more forward thinking route for the future. Maybe do things with ...you know...the customer in mind??? But, nah.....that isn't likely to happen. I'd actually still end up purchasing multiples as the case would be for so many figures. One to keep carded....a couple for displays. maybe (depending on the figure and individual parts potential) one or two for customs and various projects. So Hasbro's still gonna get my money in terms of figure x integers greater than one. But for those who only want a single Emperor (and I'd think that would be most people/sales), they could boost sales by giving that option to have a couple of heads.

Reaction score
But why sell one emperor with three or four heads when you can sell three or four emperor figures.
My issue though is that no matter how many versions they release it always has a PT likeness, as much I really liked the Force Link version over everything that has been released since, it still has a slight Palpatine look to it versus what the Emperor looked like in ROTJ. Which is why I made that custom, because I was originally going to use the Force Link head until I came across this old figure of mine.

Reaction score
This carded release does look a bit more PT than OT, but the neutral face from the exclusive set looks close enough to OT for me - as good as the Force Link version in my opinion. I do wish they included the head from the carded release as an accessory in that set, because as someone that has most of the Palpatine figures since Kenner, I don't need two duplicate figures with alternate headsculpts. This is Hasbro's way of hitting us twice though. The figure itself is only a slight retool, yet they had to squeeze us to buy multiples, lol. As much as I like the character, I don't want another OT version - if they give us anything else, have it be ST or a PT outfit we've been requesting for years.

Reaction score
I also saw him at Target but the card was in terrible condition. I do not **** around when it comes to my OT carded figures lol, which is why I opted for the collector grade sample.

Reaction score
(y)I hear ya, I understand if you want it in the best condition, just wanted to make sure that if you were tired of waiting he might still be in your area. I was sorta surprised, I guess I would have expected they'd have shipped to you by now.

Reaction score
I think you just pop it off if I'm not mistaken. The hood, hands and head of the 5 POA one are shown on a VC Emperor body.

I think everything just popped off. Not sure if the ball joint size is the same or not though, but I don't think I had to do too much drastic stuff to do this.

You have to pop off his arms (they come off very easily) on the 5POA one, and then you can slide the whole robe up over him. For me, I cut the hood off too as I used the hood for my custom.
You can get the head of the 5 POA figure off without removing the hood. It's soft enough that you can push it back over the head, and you should be able to pop the head off. The 5 POA head fits a little loose on the TVC body. Nothing a small amount of blue tack or something won't fix. The hands will swap without modification, but the 5 POA hands are a little harder to push into the TVC body. They fit, but you probably had to keep twisting as they worked into position.

Reaction score
Honestly don't remember. It's been a long time. That custom is obsolete now anyways as I bought the exclusive one with Throne Room. Not sure what I'm gonna end up doing with this custom.