The Emperor - #VC200

Reaction score
^ He totally looks like he's wearing braces in that pic. I'm looking forward to some comparison shots with the throne room version - they appear to have different skin tones as well.

Reaction score
Same. The sequels left a very bitter taste in my mouth. After TLJ, I sold off any and all traces of my sequel merchandise and refused to watch that last film. I don't own them on BluRay and will never watch any of them, ever again. I cannot believe how badly they've botched it and all l can say is, thank goodness Favreau and Filoni stepped up and took the helm.

Reaction score
Same. The sequels left a very bitter taste in my mouth. After TLJ, I sold off any and all traces of my sequel merchandise and refused to watch that last film. I don't own them on BluRay and will never watch any of them, ever again. I cannot believe how badly they've botched it and all l can say is, thank goodness Favreau and Filoni stepped up and took the helm.
I feel the same way. If Filoni and Fav hadn't picked up Mando, I'm pretty sure that I would have put SW in my past.

I gave TFA pass since it was just a ANH re-hash with a JJAbrams spectacle twist. Was looking forward to see where it would go.

TLJ was a kick in the gut. I felt as if someone who had absolute no idea what SW was, was give full rights to just trash everything. I only watched once and haven't brought myself to see it ever again.

ROS was such a hot mess, I just can't care what they do. I just doesn't matter.

Luckily the Filoni-verse looks to just be getting better and Better. I know he's on Mando, Book of Fett, and Ahsoka. No sure if he's involved in OBI Wan or Andor. So I hope those two take on more of a Filoni/Fav direction than a KK turd.

Reaction score
Agree with you both 100%
Mando was like being able to breathe again. I hope TBOBF Kenobi and Andor can reignite the franchise. Seeing the reverence for the lore (in The Mandalorian) is what lifted my soul out of a very deep abyss. I just hope it continues.

Reaction score
Agree with you both 100%
Mando was like being able to breathe again. I hope TBOBF Kenobi and Andor can reignite the franchise. Seeing the reverence for the lore (in The Mandalorian) is what lifted my soul out of a very deep abyss. I just hope it continues.
The potential problem I can see with this is the fat we're still stuck in the past dealing with 40 year old characters, not that there is anything wrong with that, but I would like a breath of fresh air from that era or anything directly connected to it. This is why I'm more looking forward to Acolyte than most of the other shows, as long as it's centered on an unknown character unconnected to the current media dealing with Sith origins and lore.

Reaction score
Not true at all. Look at Kobra Kai. Those writers had no trouble crafting a fantastic story while keeping things fresh and vibrant. I didn't even care for the Karate Kid back in the 80's but Kobra Kai was excellent. Great story with interesting characters while paying tribute to what came before it, not trashing it's legacy.

The problem is with the people they've hired to create the sequel trilogy. They weren't up to the task and didn't understand the source material well enough, to take it to the next level

Reaction score
Speaking of the ST, I'd love to see this sculpt retooled into both versions of Palpatine if possible, the damaged clone, and his restored body. Now that the OT version is done, they can move on to other trilogies, and I wouldn't mind seeing some PT coverage for Palpatine as well, specifically from ROTS during the declaration of the Empire.

Reaction score
Yes! And while they’re at it, the could potentially re-release the Senate Duel Darth Sidious with the proper colors. But TROS Palpatine and red robes Declaration Palpatine are near the top of my wishlist!

Reaction score
The potential problem I can see with this is the fat we're still stuck in the past dealing with 40 year old characters, not that there is anything wrong with that, but I would like a breath of fresh air from that era or anything directly connected to it. This is why I'm more looking forward to Acolyte than most of the other shows, as long as it's centered on an unknown character unconnected to the current media dealing with Sith origins and lore.
I think about the ST and the Mandalorian and my mind jumps to what would the ST be like if Favreau and/or Filoni had been given the reigns over the ST rather then JJ and RJ. I think the major change to the ST would be the tone. As the tone in the ST we were given was very different then the OT. Sometimes that can work out great, sometimes... it comes off flat.

To me it was more noticeable in TLJ/TRoS. TFA which I actually like, i give a soft pass to since it's basically a play-it-safe rehash of ANH w/a new layer of shine and lens flares and business wise I could see why after the PT many OT fans were dubious to what a new trilogy would be... senate gatherings and politics/political maneuvering or large battles and mythology.

So the ST had no real plan we found out, but even then they had the parts and pieces to craft well made movies. I think when most people (aka normies) sit down to a Star Wars tale, they expect a certain tone to the story and the ST deviated from that to a point to go in a different direction that angered some fans and left others flat. Others loved and for them I hope they continue to like it, I'm in one of the 2 former groups. Most hardcore fans like us like the change in tones from time to time... aka my personal vice is Dr. Aphra but that's me... her comic has been a slog to get through...i dropped it for a while but started again. But the chance to see archaeological sides of the Star Wars galaxy was something I can't say no to.... i just wish they'd use Aphra like that again since that was her original purpose.

But I went off topic. So I as well look forward to the Acolyte as well, i tried to keep up with the High Republic (I kept up with the comics ) but I'm behind with the novels seeing a lot came out. After overlooking the state of the OT/PT/ST i think there's enough star wars for all of us.. normies and hardcore fans to go around. My one gripe/hope is that the stories don't step over each other's established lore like apparently part of a recent novel is.