The Emperor - #VC200

Reaction score
They were due in October. They are on time. The later date was anticipating a late release.
Every site I checked has Feb 2022 as the release date including Pulse. The Pre-Order was just a few weeks ago so I’m not sure how he is already in stores

Reaction score
Every site I checked has Feb 2022 as the release date including Pulse. The Pre-Order was just a few weeks ago so I’m not sure how he is already in stores
Hasbro is likely overestimating their shipping dates with the all logistics issues currently. Yakface originally had this wave listed for an October release before it was officially revealed.

Reaction score
the wave cases always ship earlier than the individual figure cases. brick and mortar stores order the wave cases.

Reaction score
For the lightning hands, are the flesh tones a different color on each side? The sample in the above video review has a darker left hand than right hand, like he was eating some Hot Cheetos with that hand or something.

Reaction score
Some sites rely on solid cases for orders rather than mixed cases. Solids tend to be later than mixed cases. And mixed cases are more geared for retail

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really not feeling the likeness on this. Might pass and just try for the PulseCon version.

Reaction score
You know what's really crazy? The fact that you couldn't get any of the 5POA Emperor figures cheaper than $30! First he came in a Target 3-pk, then was supposed to see single carded action. Funny thing is I never once happened upon any of them at any stores, and that 3-pk supposedly went on clearance for $12 yet i was still never able to secure that Emperor. Noe the single carded version goes for around $30 as does the 3pk if not more. And now this new Throne room set is $32 which comes with a 20 year old figure with just a new head/hood, lightning and throne, so no matter how you approach it you're out $30-60 for the right set up. And you still don't have a proper throne room! lol well done Hasbro, well done...

I've been haunting ebay for that 5POA emperor waiting for the right price or for Hasbro to finally release a great looking figure after 20 years.
Instead we get a real lackluster attempt in both releases, and I'm fine if they want to depend on 80-90% reuse for the throne set but for the single carded figure it should have been all new. That said, it is covered with all SG's so I guess it doesn't really matter. And maybe the revenue from all that reuse will net us some more sorely needed new sculpts down the line.

This single resale does do one thing, it checks of an OG92 without costing Hasbro that much in tooling expense. Which might help us finally net the Imperial Dignitary in the near future.

Reaction score
is the lightning actually new? has anybody compared it to the lightning from the sith evolutions set?

Reaction score
I am passing on this. I made a super articulated Emperor back when Force Link version came out. I can't remember all the details, but most of the parts like the head and hands and stuff were from the Force Link. I have the lightning effects hands somewhere too. I cut off the hood on the Force Link one for this.

I'm actually not sure which version the cloak and body came from but it was a previous VC version. I honestly don't even know why I made this but since I have it, saves me from buying the Hasbro one.

tLp0Mxx.jpg

WsYqc1t.jpg

Reaction score
Picked him up at Walmart. He is okay not as social as I had hoped. Really should have came with an extra neutral expression head.

Reaction score
I agree. Repeatedly holing yourself up in various Death Stars and gritting your teeth while you shoot lightning at people speaks poorly of your civil graces and cordiality.
Ha! Totally missed that autocorrect. He was pretty antisocial.

Reaction score
Found him along with three Landos and an IG-11. Looks good, especially on his card. Keeping him carded for now, I actually am okay with his face, will look for a couple more to open, one to maybe swap heads with a neutral expression version. The crazy visaged figures of past Hasbro releases sort of interest me and make me see custom opportunities. Used an Episode 2 Anakin (think he was packed with the speeder???) to do a screaming A-wing pilot ready to crash his ship into a Star Destroyer bridge and also used a recent GI Joe Duke to make a super-grouchy Imperial Officer. I figured."eh, why not???" when it comes to scowling faced tiny plastic people.

Reaction score
Got him today from Dorkside. I really like the job Hasbro did on him!

Attachments

• IMG-9480.jpg
    IMG-9480.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG-9481.jpg
    IMG-9481.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Reaction score
I don't have the figure yet, but with each new photo, I cant help but feel the face looks almost animated. I agree that a second headsculpt should have been an accessory, its really a cheap move on the part of Hasbro to push collectors into buying both releases. For the pricepoint of basic figures, and the upcoming exclusive, they could have spent another fifty cents to include an alternate head with both, especially since most of the figure is repurposed from an old sculpt!

Reaction score
Like most people say, the "shouting" expression feels so off in a toy line that is almost entirely "neutral" expressions. Also he can't hold his cane for $%@. I also realize how rare it is for 3.75 SW figs to come with alternate hands, which makes me wonder if it'll become a recurring thing? Similar to Marvel Legends, I don't want more appendages to keep track of!

Reaction score
if anyone is needing the carded version, or any wave mate excpet teebo) PLEASE LMK i've got a few extras from EE case.. at cost plus shipping

Reaction score
I am passing on this. I made a super articulated Emperor back when Force Link version came out. I can't remember all the details, but most of the parts like the head and hands and stuff were from the Force Link. I have the lightning effects hands somewhere too. I cut off the hood on the Force Link one for this.

I'm actually not sure which version the cloak and body came from but it was a previous VC version. I honestly don't even know why I made this but since I have it, saves me from buying the Hasbro one.

tLp0Mxx.jpg

WsYqc1t.jpg
Nice custom. I made one similar.

I found the new Emperor this week and it blows my custom Emperor out of the water. The hood fits so much better than TLJ version. The robes are just better material for the soft goods. It all looks better together. I switched out TLJ head that is neutral / frowning and it looks great on the new body under the new hood. I think I’ll get an extra Palpatine to keep this head on it. If I can get the pulse version I’d have three with three expressions.

Also head swapping is another option If you just want one body.