The Emperor - #VC200

GNT

Reaction score
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH THE EMPEROR Figure
(HASBRO/Age 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $13.99/Available: Spring 2022)

Featuring premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation, as well as original Kenner branding, this collectible STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH THE EMPEROR Figure. inspired by STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI makes a great gift for STAR WARS fans and collectors. Highly poseable with realistic detail, this 3.75-ich-scale figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. Includes figure and 3 accessories. Available at most major retailers.

What are your thoughts on this Emperor figure? Worth purchasing?

Attachments

• E53B767D-C176-447F-B111-4BCC6A6F52D3.jpeg
    E53B767D-C176-447F-B111-4BCC6A6F52D3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 4CA32B0A-47AD-4B60-97EF-15186C1079DA.jpeg
    4CA32B0A-47AD-4B60-97EF-15186C1079DA.jpeg
    937.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 511642E4-F445-4FE5-9C91-58801141D057.jpeg
    511642E4-F445-4FE5-9C91-58801141D057.jpeg
    530.9 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
The Emperor (ROTJ). Figure is #VC200!!! Comes with alternate head from the one in the Pulse Con exclusive set. Soft goods robe & plastic hood.

Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, September 9th, at 1:00pm ET at all the usual spots. See pre-order links at bottom of post. On shelf Spring 2022. MSRP is $13.99.

Press Images

VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Carded-Resized.jpg
VC200-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Cardback-Resized.jpg

VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Carded.jpg

VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Loose-1.jpg

VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Loose-2.jpg

VC-The-Emperor-ROTJ-Loose-6.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, Hasbro figured out how to charge us about $50 for the Emperor figure - release the alternate headsculpt in separate sets, so we buy both, lol. I'm just happy to see at least a partially new Emperor in TVC...long have I waited. I hope they retool this figure into a TROS release as well.

Reaction score
The soft good cloak looks nice, better than previous releases. The face is well done, but a bit too extreme. It looks more like a clown than a Sith Lord.

I prefer the head sculpt for the throne room version, but don’t want to pay that higher price just for the throne and a cardboard diorama that I’ll probably have to throw away.

Reaction score
I was able to pre-order IG-11, Bib, Lando and Teebo right after 1:00.
No sign of Palps or Lobot yet.

Lobot is here:

Still waiting on the Emperor to show up.

Reaction score
Reaction score
i'm only trying to order this one as a backup if i can't get the throne room, but i'm still going crazy waiting for it to show on amazon. haha.

Reaction score
Ended up getting him from Gamestop (along with the TBS 501st Jet Trooper). Had to pay shipping, but so be it. If I can grab him on Amazon later, I will reassess.

Good luck out there, everyone!

Reaction score
I bundled this one in with the Stormtrooper set on Pulse to get free shipping but I'll make an Amazon order too

Reaction score
interesting....over 3 hours later and pulse has not sold out of any of the singles from todays launch....including the 4pk which i'm passing on. surprised Disney shop has it live, lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Palpatine is one of my favourite characters. That said, I think that I will pass on this one and wait for the throne room version.

I also really want them to make a resurrected version of the Emperor from TROS.

Reaction score
Palpatine is one of my favourite characters. That said, I think that I will pass on this one and wait for the throne room version.

I also really want them to make a resurrected version of the Emperor from TROS.

I’m hearing a lot of requests for resurrected Emperor (at least compared to other sequels stuff).

But what I think would be REALLY interesting and unique is the zombie-like version of Palpatine.

Reaction score
interesting....over 3 hours later and pulse has not sold out of any of the singles from todays launch....including the 4pk which i'm passing on. surprised Disney shop has it live, lol
I think that's due to Hasbro getting the idea that people are actually buying TVC and the fact of how quickly they used to sell out, and they did say they would be increasing production numbers going forward. So I'm guessing this is why.

Reaction score
Pre-ordered, this one has been a longtime coming. I just ordered a carded one to put on my wall. Honestly, the POTF 2 one is still good enough for my loose display.

Reaction score
Pre-ordered, this one has been a longtime coming. I just ordered a carded one to put on my wall. Honestly, the POTF 2 one is still good enough for my loose display.
I already have a couple different loose versions but I really liked the lighting effect of this one. Beats the blue ones that barely stay connected to the hands.

Reaction score
I already have a couple different loose versions but I really liked the lighting effect of this one. Beats the blue ones that barely stay connected to the hands.
Without a doubt it's a sick figure but 2 Bibs and one Emperor is about as much as I could swing at these price points. Maybe I'll get a loose one in the future but I could make do without.

Reaction score
I won’t be ordering the somewhat fugly (can you be “somewhat fugly”?) cardboard play set, so I’ll be missing out on the other head sculpt. But this guy is easily-enough customizable. I’m in!

Reaction score
I found the Emperor today at Target.

I will admit I was very excited for him. But guys, he’s disappointing.

I’ll start from the top and work my way down:

In person, the Emperor’s hood feels small. It needed to be a bit bigger, a bit droopier to really feel right. However, it works well enough.

Beneath the undersized hood is a passable sculpt that is unfortunately cast in a brown plastic, more tan than some of our recent Luke and Leia figures. I don’t understand why he wasn’t cast in nearly white plastic, because he looks like he’s been vacationing on Tatooine instead of hiding away indoors for decades, largely out of the spotlight. This is honestly my biggest complaint with the figure and most Emperor figures - the skin is never right. And speaking of, his interchangeable Force lighting hands have this inexplicable dark pink paint on them - they truly look awful.

The Emperor’s body is, as previously discussed in the thread, a reuse of the TVC Darth Sidious from 2012, which means it has outdated articulation - the legs in particular leave a lot to be desired. But perhaps for just standing around, it works.

Lastly, the Emperor’s robe. It’s not as oversized as I thought, but it’s still too roomy - particularly the sleeves. I’m glad I ordered one of OTCustoms 3.75” robes before he discontinued them.

I really wish this wasn’t the Emperor figure we received (and will undoubtedly see re-released over and over again for the next 10-20 years) but I can’t imagine Hasbro re-developing the figure from the ground up, which was deserved in this release. This felt like the perfect chance to have a brand new Emperor, and Hasbro didn’t take the opportunity. Shame.

Last edited: