The Emperor (Retro)

GNT

Reaction score
Since a few people have asked, here's the thread to discuss the upcoming Retro "The Emperor" figure from Return of The Jedi. No pictures of the figure just yet.

Will you be purchasing this retro figure?

Reaction score
The Emperor is a terrific choice, I just really wish a royal guard had been issued as well.

I recall Hasbro saying something about how the original cardback photo of the 1983 royal guard was unavailable to it, which is why the two TVC releases have had different cardback photos. Maybe that's why we are not getting a retro royal guard.

A shame because this entire presentation of a figure is 10/10

ROTJ_Emeprors_Guard.jpg

Reaction score
The ERG seems unlikely now, but I guess you never know.

Reaction score
The Emperor is a terrific choice, I just really wish a royal guard had been issued as well.

I recall Hasbro saying something about how the original cardback photo of the 1983 royal guard was unavailable to it, which is why the two TVC releases have had different cardback photos. Maybe that's why we are not getting a retro royal guard.

A shame because this entire presentation of a figure is 10/10

View attachment 430281
How can it be unavailable? They literally recreate the cardbacks. So why can't they just scan an original and recreate it? Sounds like a pretty lame excuse, especially in 2022 when there is so much digital production.

Reaction score
I really hope Hasbro darkens the cloak a bit, to set it apart from the Kenner original, because those are readily available for anyone who wants them, often in great condition. This is one reissue that I'd like to see slightly updated, as I'd otherwise not really have a reason to pick it up, other than maybe for the accessory.

Reaction score
Nice find! All those guys were borrowing imagery off each other in those days.