The Duel of the Fates Diorama

Reaction score
I recieved my Duel of the Fates dio on Tuesday and it is just as amazing as the other two before it. I love the lightsaber duel dios. I hope they go ahead and do the duels from the original trilogy.
Both Obi's and Qui-Gon's face sculpts are amazing. Maul is great to...his eyes look wierd to me. Overall though an amazing piece.

Reaction score
I’d love to see some OT dioramas as well.

I was a bit skeptical about this line to begin with, but I'm very impressed with the two pieces I own (Yoda-Dooku; DOTF) – so impressed, in fact, that I plan to get the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan ROTS diorama in the near future (despite the mixed reviews). These are just incredible display pieces and I couldn't give them a more enthusiastic endorsement (they'd look great alongside a couple of MR sabers). Despite the steep price tag, I hope more collectors decide to check them out.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pepe_Le_Moko said:

so impressed, in fact, that I plan to get the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan ROTS diorama in the near future (despite the mixed reviews).
That is a fantastic statue and I highly recommend it. It's extremely heavy though, so be prepared. The detail on both Anakin and Obi-Wan is absolutely superb. Just be real careful when opening one as the figures break real easy.

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
Pepe_Le_Moko said:

so impressed, in fact, that I plan to get the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan ROTS diorama in the near future (despite the mixed reviews).
That is a fantastic statue and I highly recommend it. It's extremely heavy though, so be prepared. The detail on both Anakin and Obi-Wan is absolutely superb. Just be real careful when opening one as the figures break real easy.
Anakin Vs. Obi is great - I just have nowhere to display mine
We have been looking into making a smaller base for the two figures so that we can have them on display.

How big is the final Duel of the Fates display? Sad to hear that they didn't fix the bug-eyes on Maul - but I just plan to display it with Maul facing away from view if possible.

Wonder when these will start showing up from UK dealers.

Reaction score
I recommend the Anakin/Obi dio as well. I have it displayed with my Anakin and Obi MR LE lightsabers. Very cool. I have to agree that I wasn't as blown away with the Annie/Obi dio at 1st either. However, it has grown on me and the other lightsaber duels have been so amazing, I had to have them all. I really appreciate them all. The sculpts are just fantastic. Better than any GG piece. If you get the Annie/Obi duel be careful. VERY FRAGILE. I had to get 2 replacements before I got one that wasn't broken.

Reaction score
The DOF dio's size is a little bigger than Dooku/Yoda. Just add another figure and you will have it.

Reaction score
MikeyX said:
We have been looking into making a smaller base for the two figures so that we can have them on display.
Interested to hear more about this - what kind of base are you thinking of?

Reaction score
yodasan said:
MikeyX said:
Interested to hear more about this - what kind of base are you thinking of?
It has to remain at an angle as that's the way the two figures are posed - so basically looking to make a round base at an angle with the top part painted like the surface of the existing base. Essentially if you could imagine just coring out a round base from the existing one that's what we're thinking of. This also allows a reduction in the height of the piece as well.

I'll post here if and when we get round to this - but it might be a while as I have a large number of urgent house projects to do before I get to this.

Reaction score
my DOTF diorama arrived today. it turned out even better than i expected. the obi and QGJ sculpts turned out great. the yoda vs dooku diorama is a fine piece but this dio blows it away.

my only complaint is that the heel of maul's boot is too thick. it would have looked better if it was flush against QGJ's chest. its not a defect because its shown the same way on SS's gallery. its hardly noticable so its really isnt a big deal to me.

i'm not sure where i'm going to display it.

here it is in my main SW room

i love how it looks in front of my 1:1 maul bust

or in my other room

Reaction score
Looks great
I would love to get into this line when I get the chance

I would put it in the Detolf!!

Reaction score
Can you post pics of statue in parts.I wonder how is Maul attached to Qui Gon? Is it the same way like Yoda on Dooku (it's much lighter figure I guess..)
Thanks
BTW I really like this diorama,I'll buy it for sure..

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I got my Duel of the Fates Diorama today. #400/1250

Very nice nice piece guys! As for that bronze version....meh. I'll take the colored version over it any day.

Reaction score
i went to see iron man tonight so i missed out on the bronze DOTF.

its probably for the best anyway. theres no reason why i would need both versions

Reaction score
DarthPotts1975 said:

its probably for the best anyway. theres no reason why i would need both versions
Oh,I would like them both,as both Dooku vs. Yoda...

Reaction score
DarthPotts1975 said:

Yeah, I don't think you really need both but since I didn't have the regular I am excited about getting the bronze.

Reaction score
i was dusting and moving my collection around so i thought i would show how all the SS vs. dioramas look side by side

Reaction score
DarthPotts1975 said:
i was dusting and moving my collection around so i thought i would show how all the SS vs. dioramas look side by side
Be careful doing stuff like that. Judging by the date displayed on your camera, the sheer power created by putting the three statues next to each other caused a tear in the time/space continuum.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, that Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan doesn't look nearly as big when next to those other two Dioramas. Cool picture!

Reaction score
Neal said:
DarthPotts1975 said:
Be careful doing stuff like that. Judging by the date displayed on your camera, the sheer power created by putting the three statues next to each other caused a tear in the time/space continuum.

LOL! Strong in the force, this one is.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that picture - very cool, and useful to see side-by-side.

Reaction score
yodasan said:
Thanks for posting that picture - very cool, and useful to see side-by-side.
no problem...i was actually dusting and moving some things around in my collection so i thought i would take a few pics

you would be suprised how often i get PM's asking for comparission pics.

Reaction score
Well, I just got this bad boy from shop.starwars.com.

First impressions:

1.) Perfect scale for statues.

2.) GG could learn a thing, or two from the paint application. It is very neat, detailed, and very accurate to the prototype.

3.) GG still has sideshow beat in the sculpting department. However, these sculpts are not bad by any stretch of the imagination... they are very well done, and are good likenesses of all three characters.

4.) The action in this scene is great. It is a step in a different direction than GG, and a welcome one to me. I really enjoy pieces that show emotion and action. This one has it all.

5.) I love the environment bases MUCH more than GG's cold, black slab found with most of their statues.

6.) If your going to put this in a display case you MUST have a mirror back! It's a difficult piece to display (or rather, difficult deciding HOW to display it.) With a mirror back, you can see the entire piece.

With all of that said, I am VERY glad I dropped the cash on this one. I'm a collector that pays close attention to character sculpt accuracy, small details, and superb paint applications... masterful works of art.

Althought the characters likenesses are not entirely spot on, they are close enough for me to really appreciate this fabulous work of art.

I have a Yoda vs. Dooku arriving tomorrow

Here are some pics of #172

Reaction score
OMG!!!!!

Now I really can't wait to get mine!!!!!!

Saturday, it should be here on Saturday.

They ALL look AWESOME! From the pictures Obi-Wan looks the best, in terms of spot on likeness.

I REALLY CAN'T WAIT TOO GET MINE!!!!!!!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice pictures JawaJuice! I was just about to say how professional they look until I read your profile. You seem to be a professional photographer.

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
Nice pictures JawaJuice! I was just about to say how professional they look until I read your profile. You seem to be a professional photographer.
Thanks for the compliments. I have a part-time wedding photography business on the side

Reaction score
My local FB has one in, but ime not paying £260.95 for it not matter how good this is.I will wait for play to get them , much cheaper.