The Duel of the Fates Diorama

Reaction score
finally got around to ordering this from nside.

with the rebelscum discount it came $270 plus shipping

Reaction score
So SS is going to have a "golden version" on ebay at the end of the month. It's going to be very interesting...

Reaction score
the one-of-a-kind is now available on ebay.

And of special interest, a limited faux-bronze edition will be pre-sold soon at SideshowCollectibles.com.

I think this Thursday should be fun!

Reaction score
I finally broke down and pre-ordered this piece. The prototype images look terrific (save for Maul's bug-eyed expression), so hopefully this will turn out as well as the Yoda-Dooku diorama.

Reaction score
Pepe_Le_Moko said:
I finally broke down and pre-ordered this piece. The prototype images look terrific (save for Maul's bug-eyed expression), so hopefully this will turn out as well as the Yoda-Dooku diorama.
Another fine addition to the collection, Pepe.

Reaction score
Pepe_Le_Moko said:
i have no doubt it will turn out great just like the dooku vs yoda
the "dual" dio is my most wanted in this line

Reaction score
Pepe_Le_Moko said:

Reaction score
Ham_Solo said:
Another fine addition to the collection, Pepe.
Thanks, Ham. With all of my recent purchases, I'm beginning to feel like a "weak-minded fool," as a slimy piece of worm-ridden filth once said.

DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
I'm really looking forward to the inevitable Luke-Vader Bespin Duel diorama, although DOTF is certainly one of the most impressive set pieces in the SW canon.

Reaction score
Pepe_Le_Moko said:
Thanks, Ham. With all of my recent purchases, I'm beginning to feel like a "weak-minded fool," as a slimy piece of worm-ridden filth once said.
You're welcome.

As far as your recent purchases go, look at it this way: "Wanting" is a sickness and "Buying" is the cure.

Reaction score
Ham_Solo said:
As far as your recent purchases go, look at it this way: "Wanting" is a sickness and "Buying" is the cure.
... and "Broke" is the cold, cold hand of Death (as voiced by Adam Carolla).

Reaction score
Ham_Solo said:
Yes, but it's the case of "I want more, and I know I shouldn’t."

And we all know what happened to the person who said that...

Reaction score
I received a 3-5 day notice in my e-mail inbox on Wednesday. Considering how impressive Yoda-Dooku was, I'm really looking forward to the DOTF diorama. Hopefully Sideshow manages to live up to expectations.

Reaction score
wow....this one is coming out sooner than i expected

it seems like i just got the yoda/dooku dio no too long ago

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. It seems like this, the 1:1 Palpatine and the 1:1 Crumb are all coming out a lot quicker than the normal wait time. It's nice to get so many cool things in such a short period of time, but my bank account does not like it one bit!

Reaction score
DarthPotts1975 said:
No kidding. In fact, my order has already been shipped.
I received a tracking # from Sideshow late yesterday afternoon.

JGordon24 said:
It seems like this, the 1:1 Palpatine and the 1:1 Crumb are all coming out a lot quicker than the normal wait time. It's nice to get so many cool things in such a short period of time, but my bank account does not like it one bit!
Thankfully, I didn't order the 1:1 Scale Salacious Crumb figure.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pepe_Le_Moko said:
DarthPotts1975 said:
No kidding. In fact, my order has already been shipped.
I received a tracking # from Sideshow late yesterday afternoon.

JGordon24 said:
It seems like this, the 1:1 Palpatine and the 1:1 Crumb are all coming out a lot quicker than the normal wait time. It's nice to get so many cool things in such a short period of time, but my bank account does not like it one bit!
Thankfully, I didn't order the 1:1 Scale Salacious Crumb figure.
I skipped that one too actually. I might pick it up at a later date, but it just wasn't at the top of my list of things to spend money on.

Reaction score
I agree with you. It looks good, but I'm not enough of a Salacious Crumb fan to justify the steep price tag. I'd much rather have the 1:1 Scale Palpatine bust and the DOTF diorama.

Reaction score
the possibility of a dual of the fates diorama is the main reason i decided to collect this line.

looks like its going to be a great piece

Reaction score
I really hope the DOTF diorama turns out well. Mine is scheduled for delivery on Monday. I'll be sure to let you know what I think once it arrives.

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
The only dowside to not ordering direct....waiting longer than those that did.
Hey, at least you save a bit of money.

Anyway, my DOTF diorama was delivered this afternoon. The Sideshow mailer and presentation box were severely damaged during shipping. To my amazement, however, the diorama itself was completely unharmed (plus, I managed to get a super-low #4). It's a very impressive item (the low point is probably Darth Maul's bug-eyed expression, previously seen in the prototype images; Qui-Gon's visage also looks a bit too weathered), although I'm not quite sure which angle to display it at. Overall, I think the Yoda-Dooku ranks as Sideshow's crowning achievement in this line (to date), but DOTF is certainly a worthy addition to any fan's collection.

I should also mention the following: given the number of fragile pieces that comprise this diorama, I have a bad feeling many of these are going to arrive broken. I really hope I'm wrong about that.

BTW, I have already contacted SS and requested a replacement box. At this point, I'm just grateful that the actual diorama was not damaged in any discernable manner. In fact, it looks perfect.

I'll try and take some pictures later on when I have a bit more time.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pepe_Le_Moko said:
It's a very impressive item (the low point is probably Darth Maul's bug-eyed expression, previously seen in the prototype images.
That's really too bad. I was praying that they would have fixed that before they sent them out.

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
i ordered mine through my AD(nside)

with all the lines i collect any savings i can get helps

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
DarthPotts1975 said:
JGordon24 said:
i ordered mine through my AD(nside)

with all the lines i collect any savings i can get helps
I got mine from Mike at Razors Edge and yes, I totally agree. The $40.00+ I save not getting these direct is great. Do that a few times and you've already paid for another one of these.

MAF

Reaction score
Was looking around for some pics of this piece and came across several nice shots by Darklord Dave over at the Sideshow Freaks board.

Re: Duel of fates Diorama

My take based on these pics? Mostly good. Some bad. As with all these premium items, gonna have to check it out first hand before I decide to keep it. There's just no substitution for that first-hand exposure.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was about to open those photos and check them out, but I closed the box before the page loaded. I decided that I'd rather wait and see this in person before I see a bunch of pictures. Makes it more fun that way.

Reaction score
We need to find a rotating base for this item any ideas where to get one or how to make one.

Reaction score
I have to say that the DOTF diorama looks much more impressive in person. Those pictures don't capture the majesty of the piece. I still prefer Yoda-Dooku, but DOTF is well worth picking up if it fits your budget.

I still want to take some pictures of the diorama, but I won't do so until I have a bit more time. I'd much rather make an effort to contribute some well-composed and effectively lit shots instead of rushed images that only serve to undermine the aesthetic value of the piece.

JGordon24 said:
I got mine from Mike at Razors Edge and yes, I totally agree. The $40.00+ I save not getting these direct is great. Do that a few times and you've already paid for another one of these.
What about all those Sideshow reward points?
Plus, I received a gift card with the DOTF diorama. (It's probably of negligible value, but still).

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pepe_Le_Moko said:
JGordon24 said:
What about all those Sideshow reward points?
Plus, I received a gift card with the DOTF diorama. (It's probably of negligible value, but still).
This is true, but the reward point to dollar ratio is pretty bad. I used all my points from the very beginning starting with the Luke Jedi 12" figure all the way up until the figure just before the 1:4 scale Biker Scout & Speeder Bike and it only gave me about $95.00 towards the Biker Scout. I've got about half of the points now that I had then, so it's only about $45.00 - $50.00 worth of points. I think I figured out a while back that you end up saving more by ordering from AD's in comparison to getting reward points. Even if they included a gift card, that doesn't do much for me since you can only use them on in stock items which I would never buy. I pre-order everything the second it goes up, so if it's in stock, that means I already have it.

Reaction score
I know; those comments were made partly in jest (hence the graemlin).

As you say, the cumulative savings from AD's will undoubtedly outweigh those provided by the SS reward points.

Reaction score
mine just shipped from nside.

i havent gotten my tracking number yet but i assume i'll get it on monday

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just payed the balance on mine from Mike at Razors Edge, so it will be shipping Monday. I had forgotten how EXPENSIVE this one was. For some reason, I had $180.00 in my head and I don't know why. It was just a shock when the balance due was $256.00 and only $16.00 of that is shipping. Oh well, I can't wait to see it in person. I still haven't seen any pictures of it yet as I'm waiting until I actually have it in my hands.