The Duel of the Fates Diorama

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
DarthBeek said:
Damn, that preview pic made this "OT ONLY" collector do a double glance!!!

Looks quite promising.

come on DB!!!!

your collection could use a litte PT in it

remember its all star wars
You're such a great influence on me ~

If I had to choose a personal fave scene of EP1, of course this would be it.

Man, when will SS unleash a sweet Bespin Luke vs. Vader?

i've been known to help fellow scummers in thier decision making

a vader vs luke (bespin) would be amazing. i would actually prefer a non action pose. maybe vader at the top of steps and luke at the bottom.

Reaction score
DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
a vader vs luke (bespin) would be amazing. i would actually prefer a non action pose. maybe vader at the top of steps and luke at the bottom.
I was picturing the whole Father Reveal scene......Luke bloodied/battered hand missing out on the plank. But the oranage colored steps in the freezing chamber would look equally kick a$$.

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
I was picturing the whole Father Reveal scene......Luke bloodied/battered hand missing out on the plank. But the oranage colored steps in the freezing chamber would look equally kick a$$.
I agree. I think the father reveal scene would be fantastic. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like it. It's incredible.

Reaction score
DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
DarthBeek said:
DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
DarthBeek said:
Damn, that preview pic made this "OT ONLY" collector do a double glance!!!

Looks quite promising.

come on DB!!!!

your collection could use a litte PT in it

remember its all star wars
You're such a great influence on me ~

If I had to choose a personal fave scene of EP1, of course this would be it.

Man, when will SS unleash a sweet Bespin Luke vs. Vader?

i've been known to help fellow scummers in thier decision making

that would be my #1 choice as well - the first time Luke and Vader meet, just as their sabers are ignited...

Reaction score
DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
I love that scene when Vader jumps down the steps to meet Luke like a giant bird of prey.

Just them both facing off each other igniting their sabers would be great as you said.

Reaction score
thats why i enjoy both dio lines so much.

with so many memorable scenes the possibilities are endless.

Reaction score
jaklits said:
I wish they didn't do this one, I just opened and displayed the Applause version after years of storage. I'm sure the SS one will be impressive but I'm happy with what I have, I'll pass on this one.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'd of hoped that Sideshow would do something a little different. I'm sure Sideshow's version will kick serious @$$ and I know it's an iconic scene but it's been done already.

Reaction score
Shadow said:
DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
I love that scene when Vader jumps down the steps to meet Luke like a giant bird of prey.

Just them both facing off each other igniting their sabers would be great as you said.
Yup. Iconic.

Reaction score
$300!
But it is pretty awesome.

I haven't been into the diorama scene so maybe that price is to be expected. Northside has it at 5% off for the preorder.

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
Digging that floating Maul effect.
No kidding. I wasn't remotely as interested in this piece before that little reveal. Still not sure it actually fits in with my collection, but the effect is nifty enough that I might not care (the GG Speeder bike ended up in my collection via similar logic).

Reaction score
OK, I placed a pre-order for this amazing piece - but unfortunately this may be one that I might have to cancel due to lack of funds available when it ships. I'm glad that Sideshow has a liberal cancellation policy but I hope I don't have to use it.
This will be my first Vs. diorama. I actually didn't like the ROTS one because I thought it was too busy and half expect Obi-Wan to fall backward. I passed on the AOTC one because I couldn't afford it - however I like this one so much I'm gonna try everything I can to afford it. Since this would be my first Vs. diorama, it would be easier to go without it than a couple other items I'm expecting to add to my collection later this year. I just wish it shipped after that new tax rebate thing. Hopefully if I am forced to cancel it, it would still be available later in the year.
-theropod

Reaction score
I just realized that the only way to justifiably display this piece is on an electronic rotating base.
-theropod

Reaction score

Where is the jaw drop graemlin when you need it...

$300 is a lot ($270 at an AD - but no points there) but it looks amazing.

Reaction score
This piece does look amazing, these keep getting better and better, I can't wait to see Sideshow's Jedi Luke and Darth Vader Final Duel Diorama!

Reaction score
An interesting side effect of seeing the pix is to make me very interested
in seeing when someone (efx? sideshow?) is going to make full-size licensed
costume replicas.

Reaction score
I'm sort of glad they didn't make an exclusive version of this - makes me less anxious about not getting the yoda one.

The floating effect with maul is cool - but I wonder if this could become a problem over time? I also don't like that I can see the foot peg on qui-gon.

Reaction score
Looks good to me - think I'm in for this one to display with my saber replicas.

Reaction score
This pice looks sweet, but ill be passing. Im hoping my buddy whos a huge Maul fan will be buying it though

Reaction score
the retail of $299 is pricey but keep in mind the size of this piece.

14"H x 12"W x 18"L makes for a large diorama

Reaction score
yodasan said:

Where is the jaw drop graemlin when you need it...

$300 is a lot ($270 at an AD - but no points there) but it looks amazing.
What/who is AD?
$270 would be a better deal than through Sideshow with points wouldn't it? Don't the points end up being a nickel a point? ($15 for 300 points)
But, for only a $15 difference(after points) I'd rather buy from SS, just for the customer service.

Reaction score
AD means authorized dealer

try nsidecollelctibles (dont forget about the rebelscum -%5 discount) or razorsedge.

Reaction score
Now up for pre order from Forbidden Planet £189 a few smaller pics still cant see mauls face fully.

FP

Reaction score
Nice piece but i certainly will not be paying £189 for it.

I'll wait until Play,com have it in one of their sales.
Picked up the Anakin vs Obi Wan for £149 in the recent sale, bargain!!

Reaction score
ambasah said:
The floating effect with maul is cool - but I wonder if this could become a problem over time? I also don't like that I can see the foot peg on qui-gon.
That's one of the 1st things that came to my mind when I saw it. I'll be passing, due to funds and space, but my brother said he is getting it, so I'll still get to see it in person.

Reaction score
theropod said:
I just realized that the only way to justifiably display this piece is on an electronic rotating base.
-theropod
I was thinking the same thing. Its not in the budget now -but I'm definatly think about it.

Reaction score
You know, while it would be cool to get a dio with Luke triumphing over Vader for ROTJ, I would really REALLY love for that one to be Anakin holding Palpatine in the air, about to toss him down the shaft.

Add some lightning arcing from Palpatine to Anakin and you have a great representation of the ultimate scene of the saga, and would avoid having two dioramas with the same two characters.

Reaction score
Jay_the_Lesser said:
theropod said:
-theropod
I was thinking the same thing. Its not in the budget now -but I'm definatly think about it.

Where would you find those at?

Reaction score

cannot say that i am a fan of this likeness. it comes across a bit too crazy psychotic. maul exhibited coolness and calm in his final battle. the big eye-whites start to lean towards being cartoony. the teeth are a bit off, then again, sideshow has created gummy teeth in their maul bust.

quigon and obiwan's likenesses are spot on. they are very nice and they perfectly reflect the character's demeanor from the film.

Reaction score
I agree - I hadn't seen the Maul face in close-up until that image. I'm still going to get one though and display it such that Maul is facing away from view.