The Duel of the Fates Diorama

Reaction score
i figured we would have gotten this in the larger VS diorama line
cant wait for more info

Reaction score
Shadow said:
Where was this announced? I'm interested just looking for more information.
It was in the podcast and will be announced in the newsletter this week.

Reaction score
i hope it's a bigger scale then "Droids" like Dooku and Yoda, i'm a huge fan of Maul, so i'll def. be getting this...it would be my first diorama!!!!! Can't wait for proto pics!!!

Reaction score
DarthLuis said:
i hope it's a bigger scale then "Droids" like Dooku and Yoda
With two dio's already done, it is safe to assume it will have the same base diameter as the previous two. Because it is a diorama expect some scenery thrown in, so I do expect this to be more towards the small scale.

Based on owning the previous two, I have faith this will be awesome as well.

Reaction score
my guess is that the base will be around the same size as the previous dios but i think maul,QG,and obi will be 2x-3x larger than the sandtroopes were.

i hope we still get this in the VS dio line

Reaction score
DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
my guess is that the base will be around the same size as the previous dios but i think maul,QG,and obi will be 2x-3x larger than the sandtroopes were.
i hope we still get this in the VS dio line
that's what i meant, i would be crazy if it was like Ani. vs. Obi. dio!!!!

Reaction score
I wonder what part of the duel that are going to have. Maybe when they are in the Hanger.

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
I wonder what part of the duel that are going to have. Maybe when they are in the Hanger.
i didnt really think about that. i would assume it would be the hangar.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would love to see some pictures Sideshow.

I bet this one is just as big or bigger than the Obi-Wan Vs. Anakin statue. Maybe they'll do the scene where they are fighting on the catwalk. It doesn't really matter which area to me though, I'll get it regardless of where it is.

Reaction score
the poses would have to be very dynamic. i am assuming that darth maul would be doing a kick to obi wan as qui gon goes in. i think this takes place on the catwalk. could be pretty neat as obi wan is frozen in mid-air off the catwalk.

Reaction score
I am confused...will this be a "vs" statue or a "diorama" a la space slug?

Personally I would much prefer the vs size, but will be happy with either.

Reaction score
ambasah said:
I am confused...will this be a "vs" statue or a "diorama" a la space slug?

Personally I would much prefer the vs size, but will be happy with either.

i'm not sure myself.

the RS main paige describes it as the smaller (space slug) diorama line. wich make sense because the VS dio had the yoda/dooku announcment not too long ago. either way i'm sure it will be great.

we will know for sure after tommorrows newsletter

Reaction score
madden855 said:
Shadow said:
ambasah said:
very nice! I wonder if an exclusive version will be made?
They haven't with the previous two, so I doubt it. With this line it is all just one version.
They made the faux bronze Dooku/Yoda.
But that wasn't part of this diorama line we are now discussing. That was part of the other Vs. duel line.

Reaction score
Shadow said:
But that wasn't part of this diorama line we are now discussing. That was part of the other Vs. duel line.
Are they really seperate lines? I thought that the diorama lines were all sort of lumped in together so that they could approach different scenes in a scale and presentation that would best suit the imagery and price points. I suppose they've used the "versus" name as if it is a line, but have they said that all of those are going to be in a consistent scale or something?

(Edit)
Okay, I dug up the original press release, and the wording there is sort of scattered and confused:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
The designs for the Star Wars 'Versus' dioramas were drawn from the most dynamic and dramatic confrontations in the films, and the environments will seek to capture some of the Star Wars Saga's vast landscapes, immense creatures and varied locations - but in a reasonable size that collectors can display on a desktop or hang on a wall. The size and scale will vary, but most of the 'Versus' dioramas will be in approximately 1:9 scale. The Star Wars 'Versus' environments will vary greatly in size and scale.

[/QUOTE]

The announcement is about the entire diorama line, but they seem to be using the terms "Diorama" and "Environment" to differentiate between the two types of product. My read on this is that the DotF scene will be a "Versus Diorama" that happens to not be at 1:9 scale.

Reaction score
I wish they didn't do this one, I just opened and displayed the Applause version after years of storage. I'm sure the SS one will be impressive but I'm happy with what I have, I'll pass on this one.

Reaction score
Shadow said:
madden855 said:
Shadow said:
ambasah said:
very nice! I wonder if an exclusive version will be made?
They haven't with the previous two, so I doubt it. With this line it is all just one version.
They made the faux bronze Dooku/Yoda.
I don't think this will be on the "Look sir droids" scale.. it should be a true VS one. At least I hope.

Reaction score
I will stand to be corrected. If they are referring to the scenes like the "Space Slug" and "Look Sir Droids" diorama, I do plan to collect all of those and they have been consistent in general size of the base even though the scale of the items varies appropriately to be displayed on the base. If they are referring to the "Versus" line of statues I have chosen not to collect those at all.

Reaction score
i collect both dio lines so either way i'll be happy.

i have always thought "dual of the fates" was perfect for the VS line. i actually stated collecting them with the hopes it would be made.

Reaction score
I have no clue what size it will be now.. guess we'll find out in the newsletter tonight.

Reaction score
skoota73 said:
the poses would have to be very dynamic. i am assuming that darth maul would be doing a kick to obi wan as qui gon goes in. i think this takes place on the catwalk. could be pretty neat as obi wan is frozen in mid-air off the catwalk.
not a bad guess.... but qui-gon was never kicked in the movie was he?

Reaction score
i'm pretty he was kicked in the hangar...just before Maul does his flip in the air then uses the force to open the doors to the catwalk...right???? either way...this piece is awesome...def. gonna get it!!!

Reaction score
Looks Awesome! Can wait to see Padawan Obi's face.

SS must LOVE having Qui Gon's hair pushed back behind his shoulders!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm loving the look of this one guys. Sign me up!

By the way, even if there's an exclusive version of this like the Yoda Vs. Dooku, I'd much rather have the colored one.

Reaction score
Not sure...I need more pics...but I might pass since Im not much of an EP I fan...but anything with Maul is so cool...

Reaction score
I just got into Sideshow by preordering the Yoda vs. Dooku Diorama. I was strictly GG until that point. I have seen fans shouting at GG for a good 2 or 3 years to do something like this. I'm glad that sideshow is picking up the ball where GG failed to do so. The preview looks sweet! I'm in on this one as well.

I still think that sideshow just can't nail the likenesses of the characters as well as GG can, but with these two pieces, the resemblances are pretty close. And thats close enough for me.

Kudos to sideshow for listening to their fans, as well as giving GG fans what they have been pleading to GG to do for years.

Reaction score
This will almost certainly be my first diorama. Just curious as to whether or not it will show up a little cheaper on the secondary market once they start coming out.

Reaction score
Damn, that preview pic made this "OT ONLY" collector do a double glance!!!

Looks quite promising.

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:

Looks quite promising.

come on DB!!!!

your collection could use a litte PT in it

remember its all star wars

Reaction score
DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
DarthBeek said:

Looks quite promising.

come on DB!!!!

your collection could use a litte PT in it

remember its all star wars
You're such a great influence on me ~

If I had to choose a personal fave scene of EP1, of course this would be it.

Man, when will SS unleash a sweet Bespin Luke vs. Vader?