The Credit Collection

Reaction score
Here is a thread for the Credit Collection.

I noticed a couple of comments Yakface made concerning these upcoming figures. They were under his Instagram posts.

He said that the Credit Collection, which includes figures from The Mandalorian, are repaints, and he "heard that the reception will be mixed on these at best."

I don't like the sound of that. I was intent on completing The Mandalorian line, but I don't want to shell out for pre-existing figures with a gimmick paint application.

Has anyone heard more about the Credit Collection?

Attachments

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for the carbonized stuff but solid colour repacks would be a hard pass. I cant think what else these would be unless maybe there are some alternate design concepts from pre production on the series with different paint jobs?

Reaction score
I'm guessing they will be hologram effect/Force Ghost type repaints. And odd that repainted Heavy Infantry Mando will be $25, cheaper than the original!

Mon-Calamari-Hologram-TheMandalorian.png

Reaction score
I have no interest in solid color repaints, although if the Heavy Infantry Mando will be cheaper I wouldn't mind getting another for fodder. Hologram figures would make sense if they're called the "Credit Collection" but the candidate make no sense.

Maybe it should have been called "we're too cheap to make new figures collection"...

Though it does make me curious just how profitable these types of SUB lines are in the end if only half of them sell out. Then again it's no secret that Hasbro gets their Money either way, it's the retailer who is out if they don't do well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmm...well, if they are anything like the carbonized figures, holograms, or the "solid gold" line then you can count me out. I already have all of the original figures, so they would have to be something special for me to re-buy them.

Reaction score
Definitely a cash grab by Hasbro to capitalize on the Mandalorian Season 2 hype.
I def like the Carbonized Vader and Boba Fett, but not sure what they will do, unless they will put these figures on a cardback like the ESB 40th, that would actually be a good idea.

TVC Carbonized is a stretch, escpecailly since they are including Care Dune, with her faceprint tech, that will look weird...
Death Trooper and Remnant Stormtrooper Carbonized don't make much sense.
Even the Mando Carbonized in TVC seems gimicky...

Reaction score
I see Colt 45 Lando finally making it!
I am curious to see what these will be though :)
Someone else mentioned original Kenner colors in another thread - could fit well with this line? They kind of already started it with Bobby, 4-Lom and Zuckuss

Reaction score
Someone else mentioned original Kenner colors in another thread - could fit well with this line? They kind of already started it with Bobby, 4-Lom and Zuckuss
Original Kenner colors, huh? That's an interesting idea, but it would also be the worst outcome for me. I wouldn't really want figures from The Mandalorian with a Kenner inspired paint application, but unlike a solid color repaint, I'd probably pick them up.

Reaction score
I would think that would be pretty well received, though. Yakface's comment was "I've heard that the reception on these will be mixed at best."

Reaction score
Original Kenner colors, huh? That's an interesting idea, but it would also be the worst outcome for me. I wouldn't really want figures from The Mandalorian with a Kenner inspired paint application, but unlike a solid color repaint, I'd probably pick them up.
I would think that would be pretty well received, though. Yakface's comment was "I've heard that the reception on these will be mixed at best."
I don't know if it's connected to this though. And why they wouldn't call it "6 inch retro" or something, if so.

Reaction score
I have a feeling these will look as if they were cast in Beskar. That marble grey.

Reaction score
Here is the description of the line from the Target listing:
    • CREDIT COLLECTION: This distinctive collection features premium deco applications inspired by the end credit images from The Mandalorian, plus a collectible Imperial Credit accessory

Reaction score
They look way better than I thought they would. It's actually a neat little idea. Those who have these figures already don't need to bother and those who like alternate color schemes... get some.

Reaction score
I'm not entirely too sure what's going on with these but I think they'll be an easy pass. It's nice that they're based on something (end credit art) but at the end of the day they're the same figures I have with new paint. I may get Mando just to keep carded but honestly I don't have much use for these.

Reaction score
Yes, they look neat, and I am not completely horrified by the idea, but I don't need them and it's an easy way to save money.
I am starting to feel 'variant fatigue' for sure.

If Hasbro wants my money, just give us the PT and OT Kenner figure full coverage already!!

Reaction score
I was able to place an order for 2 of the Death Trooper on Amazon when the link was live (dead now). The picture below popped up in my orders list this morning though:

IMG_6465.jpg
Looks muddy/dusty....

Reaction score
Yes, they look neat, and I am not completely horrified by the idea, but I don't need them and it's an easy way to save money.
I am starting to feel 'variant fatigue' for sure.

If Hasbro wants my money, just give us the PT and OT Kenner figure full coverage already!!
Yeah...I'm feeling the variant fatigue myself, along with the need to save money.

Reaction score
While they look indeed interresting, nope, pass for me.
Might be different if the included coin would have been metal replicas of the screen used or if they differ in more than just the color. What have we seen during S1 so far ? Empire Credits, Mon Cal currency.... something else ?

Reaction score
Seems kind of...well, not pointless but was there really enough of a market to warrant these? I can't imagine many people really wanted figures of the concept art pieces from the end credits. But hey if they bring in funds to put towards more new molds, go ham. If people are buying, let 'em have it. I said the same thing about the Carbonized figures and those turned out to be pretty hot sellers.

Reaction score
Meh, I’ll get the Mando, but that’s it.

Carded Heavy Mando is gonna be a beast though, they better use super glue on that bubble.

Reaction score
I'm glad they aren't holo-colored, but my budget is saying "nah". Maybe Mando because of the vague Holiday Special vibes it's giving me.

Reaction score
Kind of cool but I will pass. I am sure they will be worth a gazillion on the secondary market. Oh well.

Reaction score
IDK, part of me is actually digging the paint scheme but they still look too much like their characters to do me any good. Din especially, I was thinking he'd be a good base for a random Mandalorian. He'll need several parts swapped for sure.

I was thinking in the vein of Carbonize so the Death trooper is a letdown, I'll be passing on these.

Reaction score
Crap when did it go live?
Yakface posted some links when they were first discovered about a month ago. Only the Deather Trooper link was live (no pic no details) so I placed an order on 8/29. Originally slated to ship mid October but was emailed last week that the new release date is December 3 (could be a headfake similar to what happened with ESB 40th Han in Carbonite).