The Cost Of Hasbro’s Star Wars License

Reaction score
Hasbro's Droid Factory line is exclusive to Disney parks. If Haslabs made legit scaled to 3.75 figure vehicle you'd be paying prices as high for the Barge.

Reaction score
I wish they would stick to 5 POA. Their sculpts are excellent and the lack of joints don't ruin the sculpt. The Boba Fett 5POA is far superior to the VC counterpart.

I would like to see the 5 POA figures and 6" figures be the main focus. Any VC figures can be exclusives online for collectors. It would be VERY cool to see the 5POA figures on vintage cards.

Reaction score
That's likely to be the end result for the TVC revival. Last time TVC was in place, it started to have issues at retail, and some stores like Target, stopped ordering it. I think the same might happen again, since they are bogged down in wave 1. Last time it went briefly to Amazon and then fizzled. Perhaps they'll find another online outlet for the line if things don't pan out in early 2019.

Reaction score
That's likely to be the end result for the TVC revival. Last time TVC was in place, it started to have issues at retail, and some stores like Target, stopped ordering it. I think the same might happen again, since they are bogged down in wave 1. Last time it went briefly to Amazon and then fizzled. Perhaps they'll find another online outlet for the line if things don't pan out in early 2019.
Hasbro Toy Shop / Online retailers / Disney store should be the outlet for TVC line. Collector focused and you don't have to worry about Target over ordering on wave 1 and having Snoke chill for a few months...

Reaction score
Many of us would like a single 3.75 line as well, but its next to impossible to get collectors to agree on articulation. The larger issue is pricepoint though. At $13+ a number of consumers simply wont purchase TVC. $8 is much more appealing for the scale. The basic line is for the masses, while TVC is geared toward the diehard collectors. I really think TVC exists to appease the longtime collectors, potential new collectors that might be drawn in for nostalgia, and maybe to a lesser extent, try to wrangle in those that left the hobby . I'd like it simplified as well - one 3.75 is enough for me, but if they drop something, it will be TVC. With fewer kids that are into action figures, and collector numbers dwindling, they should streamline the 3.75 scale, to ensure it retail viability and profitability going forward.
TBH, I'd be fine with them combining the two lines and going with standard 10POA, at least then I'd likely buy more than I do now. I just can't sign on to 5POA, too simplistic. Not to mention too difficult to mod for customs.

5PoA is already $10 at most places I shop anyways. Walmart and Target are the only places it's the MSRP of $7.99, but I don't visit them too often because there's none around here. And when i do finally get there, the pegs are either barren or chock full of what I don't need.

So increase the price of the basic line to $10, add a few PoA, and make 90% of us happy. While I enjoy enhanced articulation, I've never wanted Marvel Legends style. Basically bring back the line we had during TLC! lol

If they want to cater to a few Collectors who want vintage packaging, just repackage these onto TVC cards and sell them as an online Exclusive. Similar to how Joe figures are sold now. Heck, if there's a Market for $50-100 figures made from 20 year old sculpts...
Surely the same can be one for Star Wars?

That's likely to be the end result for the TVC revival. Last time TVC was in place, it started to have issues at retail, and some stores like Target, stopped ordering it. I think the same might happen again, since they are bogged down in wave 1. Last time it went briefly to Amazon and then fizzled.
Aaaaand, who's to blame for this? Hasbro and their ridiculous repacks, and the "people" who wanted them simply because of the TVC packaging.
Thus it becomes retail poison. Due to 90% of us not being interested in paying $13 for a repack

Reaction score
I'd be on board with a single reduced articulation style. I'm not keen on 5POA and I'm not crazy about the pointless and aesthetic ruining POA on the new SA figures. Something in between at a $10 price point would be ideal.

Reaction score
Can't believe some of you are so quick to want to do away with SA 3.75, that to me is insane to be frank.

Main problem with the line is not the standard articulated SA figures, but they have two divergent lines. One a SA 6 inch line that costs more money to purchase at retail and takes up a lot of room, certain waves or figures are no shows in this line too, and another 3.75 line that takes up space and its single packed figures are only marginally cheaper priced and with less detail and less articulation. In fact in order to get certain figures in the 5poa you have the buy the costly multi-packs of two or more figures. Moreover usually after the 1st or maybe 2nd wave the later waves of the 5poa hardly every show up at retail. Most of the 5poa vehicles are also less detailed, scaled down and only marginally cheaper, and not all of them are that easy to find either.

I'm sorry but it the 5poa is not the answer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can't believe some of you are so quick to want to do away with SA 3.75, that to me is insane to be frank.

Main problem with the line is not the standard articulated SA figures, but they have two divergent lines. One a SA 6 inch line that costs more money to purchase at retail and takes up a lot of room, certain waves or figures are no shows in this line too, and another 3.75 line that takes up space and its single packed figures are only marginally cheaper priced and with less detail and less articulation. In fact in order to get certain figures in the 5poa you have the buy the costly multi-packs of two or more figures. Moreover usually after the 1st or maybe 2nd wave the later waves of the 5poa hardly every show up at retail. Most of the 5poa vehicles are also less detailed, scaled down and only marginally cheaper, and not all of them are that easy to find either.

I'm sorry but it the 5poa is not the answer.
Who said they wanted only 5 POA?

Reaction score
I'd be on board with a single reduced articulation style. I'm not keen on 5POA and I'm not crazy about the pointless and aesthetic ruining POA on the new SA figures. Something in between at a $10 price point would be ideal.
I think reduced sounds like a bad word, but I get what you're saying. I think selective SA and "acceptable" articulation for the rest of the line would be a very happy medium. I think bar none, we need swivel waist, swivel wrists, ball joint head, ball joint hips, knee joints, ball joint arms, elbow joint. I think the ankle articulation is great and I really love it, as I do with wrist articulation, but I get that someone like Momaw Nodan wouldn't need such a thing as he is such a static character. I would think all main characters should still have the full amount of articulation (barring droids) and especially Jedi or fighting-type characters.

Reaction score
Articulation is something difficult to agree on, for example, I think a lot of the ball jointed SA features ruin the figure. I don't like ball jointed torsos, hips, or wrists - I'd be happy to see those go away in order to maintain the an aesthetically pleasing sculpt. They are also expensive to produce. With nearly everything going on clearance and ending up in discount outlets, Hasbro needs to make some hard decisions if they're holding onto the license. One of the most important is fixing the 3.75 scale, and offering one affordable line, so all consumers focus on it. They need to scale back some offerings, especially those that aren't as profitable, if they're going remain viable at retail.

Reaction score
I think reduced sounds like a bad word, but I get what you're saying. I think selective SA and "acceptable" articulation for the rest of the line would be a very happy medium. I think bar none, we need swivel waist, swivel wrists, ball joint head, ball joint hips, knee joints, ball joint arms, elbow joint. I think the ankle articulation is great and I really love it, as I do with wrist articulation, but I get that someone like Momaw Nodan wouldn't need such a thing as he is such a static character. I would think all main characters should still have the full amount of articulation (barring droids) and especially Jedi or fighting-type characters.
Hasbro did that before and everyone *****ed and moaned that character X got a lot of articulation and character Y didn't.

Reaction score
I think that figures do need ankle joints, just to ensure that you can come up with some method to stand them up. You always should be able to stand them up, even with heavy backpacks and things. Remember Rum Sleg? I’d rather have ankle joints than a lot of things.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hasbro did that before and everyone *****ed and moaned that character X got a lot of articulation and character Y didn't.
Let em moan about it. Hasbro cant please everyone. They should make decisions in the best interest of the brand, and in keeping the scale alive. If the two 3.75 lines are in competition with each other, hurting both - combine them and let the market sort itself out.

Reaction score
Merging the lines and having more than 5 POAs could work as long as they don't get gimmicky with action features.

Reaction score
No one said anything about doing away with it, simply changing the format a little. A meeting in the middle if you will.

That's because they were being idiots about who got what! And to be Frank, it was mainly about the Comic Packs. Not the basic line general.
Certian characters didn't get ankles et. to keep costs down. bla bla...

Besides, as I mentioned. There are always going to be complainers, I'm one of them! But something needs to be done so that the line isn't divided and it's a toss up on which figure goes where. Or in what outfit. Like I said more than 5PoA, but less than 15PoA double jointed BS.

I think reduced sounds like a bad word, but I get what you're saying. I think selective SA and "acceptable" articulation for the rest of the line would be a very happy medium.
Problem is "selective" is just that, and which moron @ Hasbro decides who gets more or less? That's why standard 10PoA works, we get all the important parts. And simply do away with those funky over priced hips and torsos. The old swivel joints are just fine for those areas.

Besides, figures like Moloch have built in reduced articulation to make up for the figures that sport 10-12. It's how the line used to be circa ROTS.
Is it so hard for a person to wrap their head around this concept? As much as I like SA, I never asked for Bespin Luke style articulation on every single figure.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of TVC
The ball joints can be made smaller with more durable plastic, some japanese figures I have do an excellent job of making it look much much more realistic.

As for the reduction in articulation I'd be for it if it meant prices go back down to $4.99 to 8.99 for an SA figure. but we know that's never happening again. So I say go full force in the other direction with massive articulation and accessories like removable helmets for all, and multiple hands with different up-down and another set of side to side articulation multiple heads per figure different removable hair sculpts...

hell even removebale faces for eye articulation like in the Frozen bandai line so your figures eyes can be different directions.....

ok that last one I kid about.. but im steaming ahead for more articulation ... and I love the new thigh articulation carried over from the 6" line. To me poses and pose ability will always be more important the sculpt seamlessness.

Reaction score
The ball joints can be made smaller with more durable plastic, some japanese figures I have do an excellent job of making it look much much more realistic.

As for the reduction in articulation I'd be for it if it meant prices go back down to $4.99 to 8.99 for an SA figure. but we know that's never happening again. So I say go full force in the other direction with massive articulation and accessories like removable helmets for all, and multiple hands with different up-down and another set of side to side articulation multiple heads per figure different removable hair sculpts...

hell even removebale faces for eye articulation like in the Frozen bandai line so your figures eyes can be different directions.....

ok that last one I kid about.. but im steaming ahead for more articulation ... and I love the new thigh articulation carried over from the 6" line. To me poses and pose ability will always be more important the sculpt seamlessness.
I don't think most of that is feasible on such a small figure. Thats the weakness of 3.75. Yes you can easily have more vehicles and possibly playsets than the larger 6 inch line, but detail and articulation will always fall short. You only have so much plastic to work with. Thats the strength of the larger line. More plastic = more detail. I can see the figures being very clunky and fragile if you load them up with every kind of point of articulation 6 inch uses, and changeable hands/faces/hair/etc. The Japanese figures, with their higher end plastic, don't even do that on the small lines. The ones that are crammed with articulation found on the larger scales look very gappy and "broken". Which is going to make more 3.75 collectors unhappy judging by some of these comments lol.

Butteryfly joints for example, a staple of 6 inch (something that Hasbro has recently added to some 6 inch figures) and a requirement for awesome lightsaber poses. The 3.75 inch Dragon Ball Shodo figures have them in Japan. And they're very gappy. Notice how the entire shoulder basically hovers away from the body

But you can get some awesome posing with them if you can get past how gappy it looks on the smaller scale

And when it comes to removable hands, unless you want ugly arms like here (Also, a good example of double jointed elbows not looking good on such a small figure)

Then you're just gonna have zero articulated wrists, just swivel, to keep the aesthetic. Thats how these figures do it as well. You get a few pre posed hands, with pre angled wrists, that can't move in any direction. Except twisting 360 degrees in the joint

And their bigger line is known for swappable faces, eyes, hair, etc. Everything you mentioned. But Bandai knows that, even with the better plastic they use, its going to be delicate and look kind of crappy on the smaller figures

Last edited:
Reaction score
That articulation definitely isn't pretty! :p I hope they never revisit articulation seen in that Dagobah Luke figure. Adding even more POA and swappable parts will only increase the MSRP. While I'd love some alternate heads for characters, they'd have to maintain the current pricepoint at the highest. $13+ is more than enough for whats currently being offered. If higher prices and ugly articulation were the shape of things to come, I'll stick with basic figures. As mentioned above, the 6 inch line is really the place for expanded articulation, as it looks far better in that scale.

Reaction score
IMO, those DBZ figures look horrid. And hope that SW never evolves into such atrocities. It's bad enough they went ther with Luke, and are skirting the line with the new figures.

This post sums up perfectly why Hasbro has such a difficult time pleasing everyone.

Reaction score
IMO, those DBZ figures look horrid. And hope that SW never evolves into such atrocities. It's bad enough they went ther with Luke, and are skirting the line with the new figures.

This post sums up perfectly why Hasbro has such a difficult time pleasing everyone.
lmao was thinking the same thing.

Reaction score
I’m up for 5, 10, or 14, as long as they keep making new characters in 3.75. I was glad to get Beckett, Val, Rio, even L3 in 5, just because we apparently never would get them otherwise (I expect droids to look better than what 5 typically can offer, but I’ll take it). If they made a Sim Aloo in 5, kind of like in the Force Link 2-pack style (like Maul/Qui-Gon or Han/Fett), I’d take it, just to get the character. If they made an absolutely deluxe 14 with removable and soft goods everything, but it was $29.99, I’d take it, just to get the character. I’m easy to please, Hasbro. Just give me something you haven’t repacked twelve times.

Reaction score
But as far as that goes, even the Solo 5PoA weren’t too bad; Rio actually has quite a bit of movement, like 7PoA and some ball joints. He’s hard to stand up, but is definitely a workable figure. I just want new characters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of TVC

The DBZ line is actually known for being horrid with its aesthetics with its articulation ... so when i see it even i take a step back and ask what were they thinking. But I respectfully disagree with yours and galaxy's point... for example Bossfight Studio's Virtuvian HACKS. The blank figures have no less then 16POA and come with 3 heads and 2 sets of hands and 3 sets of feet. For some reason they highlighted the thighs in these pics. But this is more in line of what I'm talking about. Now the blanks are slightly more then a TVC and the fully decked figure do cost twice as much as TVC figure but loads of accessories, multiple heads, removable helmets and swapable parts nearly any other figure in the line make up for it IMO.

To me the argument of POA "Where its needed/makes sense" isn't a solid one since where its needed/makes sense is different for every person and IMO shouldn't be a broad generalization. Now that said I agree the Dagobah Luke does have some unaesthetic looking double hinged joints that break up the arms but if aesthetics were to take place over functionality we'd settle for 5POA and be done with it. Dagobah look with that ugly arm articulation gave us the chance to turn him upside down and make it as closer to the scene in the movie and that's just part of why I will always choose articulation of aesthetics i guess.

My figures battle regularly.. many times in photonovels or in pictorial diorama's I make for my amusement or my children. Sometimes Vader needs to be able to crouch on one knee to jump high into the air. Or Han needs to spin his body around a large transmission styled piece of the falcon while asking Chewie for parts. Stormtroopers need to ride Rancor's, Sio Bibble has be able to stand on one leg to drop kick a nemoidian into a swamp bog etc etc... Eh I'll stop I'm rambling now...lol

Reaction score
The DBZ line is actually known for being horrid with its aesthetics with its articulation ... so when i see it even i take a step back and ask what were they thinking. But I respectfully disagree with yours and galaxy's point... for example Bossfight Studio's Virtuvian HACKS. The blank figures have no less then 16POA and come with 3 heads and 2 sets of hands and 3 sets of feet. For some reason they highlighted the thighs in these pics. But this is more in line of what I'm talking about. Now the blanks are slightly more then a TVC and the fully decked figure do cost twice as much as TVC figure but loads of accessories, multiple heads, removable helmets and swapable parts nearly any other figure in the line make up for it IMO.

To me the argument of POA "Where its needed/makes sense" isn't a solid one since where its needed/makes sense is different for every person and IMO shouldn't be a broad generalization. Now that said I agree the Dagobah Luke does have some unaesthetic looking double hinged joints that break up the arms but if aesthetics were to take place over functionality we'd settle for 5POA and be done with it. Dagobah look with that ugly arm articulation gave us the chance to turn him upside down and make it as closer to the scene in the movie and that's just part of why I will always choose articulation of aesthetics i guess.

My figures battle regularly.. many times in photonovels or in pictorial diorama's I make for my amusement or my children. Sometimes Vader needs to be able to crouch on one knee to jump high into the air. Or Han needs to spin his body around a large transmission styled piece of the falcon while asking Chewie for parts. Stormtroopers need to ride Rancor's, Sio Bibble has be able to stand on one leg to drop kick a nemoidian into a swamp bog etc etc... Eh I'll stop I'm rambling now...lol
Those figures are very impressive, I hadn't seen those before. But as you said, the cost is a huge problem. They look to be about $17 a pop for those blank figures. And about $25 a pop for a comparable "finished" figure from them. But those are "generic", brandless figures. Just "Fantasty", "Greek Mythology", etc. So add in the Star Wars tax for the cost of the license, and you're probably looking at $35 ish per figure. They're certainly prettier than the DBZ figures. But that streamlined aesthetic clearly cost a nice chunk of change to achieve. And looking them over, I think they're STILL missing butterfly joints like the DBZ figures have. No double jointed necks either. I don't even see swivel hips or bicep swivel or a few other points of articulation either. So yeah they did a great job on those figures. But you can STILL only cram so much articulation on a small 3.75 figure compared to a larger 6 inch one. Those elbows aren't even double jointed.

Now I believe quality cost money. And while I don't think I would spend $35 (Or even $25) on a 3.75 figure, I see the value in these figures. But that highlights another issue of engineering all that big size style articulation, in a small figure, cost. That articulation is certainly easier and cheaper to do with larger figures. Because again, more plastic to work with. A blank, unpainted figure cost more than a finished Vintage Figure. Part of that is the small company operation. But part of that is R&D and cost of all that engineering. A large company like Hasbro would probably bring that price down as they pump them out in larger quantities and ship them off to multiple large scale retail stores, but I don't think it'll be by much. We've seen similar (but still less) articulation and accessories in TVC figures before. TVC cost $14 right now. You're looking at $16 to $20 I think if they consistently matched what you get with the Bossfight line. And thats before going with the better plastic needed to create such small joints and streamlined aesthetic required so the figure doesn't look like Dagobah Luke again. If they started using higher quality plastic, I could see it jumping back up to $20 to $25 a pop.

And at that point, I don't think a lot of people would pay. Parents certainly aren't going to buy their kid a $20 to $25 3.75 inch figure that cost the same or more than the larger 6 inch one hanging on the shelf next to them. From an uninformed customer stand point, the 6 inch, with less accessories, is better. And many collectors, going off comments here and in other communities, already hate the $14 price point because its already too close to the 6 inch price point. In order to stay in like a $14 price point (or even as high as $16) major corners have to be cut.

It might work as a high end, high priced, online only, or club only, exclusive type line at that higher price point. But at the same time, a lot of 3.75 collectors seem cheap lol. Not only is this line nostalgia fuel for them, but they want the prices to be as well. People don't seem to want to accept that the cost of materials has gone up, so the retail prices of the figures have gone up too. And if you want more from your figure, you have to pay more. But they don't want to pay more, they just want to be given more. And because of that stubborn attitude, I think the line would die if it went any high. Especially for international collectors. Where these figures are often around double the American price around the world.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With Boss Fight, you have to consider the MUCH lower production runs into their cost as well. Even with the “Hasbro Star Wars tax”, their production and sales numbers should, ideally, drive the consumer cost down.

To the other discussion, as much as I enjoy reading everyone’s ideas about what We’d like Hasbro to do with the line, the reality is that nothing is going to change until, at least, after Episode 9. This is the format they’re running with until media support for the franchise dies down. That’s typically when they’ve made any kind of big changes to the line.

The only thing I could see happening in the meantime is the cancellation of TVC if it sells poorly. Simply because nothing they’ve done makes me believe they actually want to be making it or supporting it.

Reaction score
I love whenever these ridiculous posts pop up asking for Hasbro to get a mass market figure out there with import or small run figure features.

Reaction score
I love whenever these ridiculous posts pop up asking for Hasbro to get a mass market figure out there with import or small run figure features.
It could happen. It just wouldn't be cheap lol. Will it happen? No probably not

Reaction score
It's hard to even post in this thread because it's about cost of the license and of course that comes down to cost to produce and we don't have any of those number for sure. I have to assume that Hasbro has an "X" target for profit from an individual action figure and cost has to hit that target.

You see other companies (and even Hasbro themselves) doing things that we all wish would happen with Star Wars, but it just doesn't.

They could go with "NECESSARY ARTICULATION" (NA) if 5POA hits the X then there is your starting point. What would it take to get a 12POA figure to hit the X? Reusable parts? Repacks?

I remember buying a yellow Naboo Soldier and a red Naboo Soldier that were the exact same and yet different. I have purchased blasted, slashed, clean, camo, maroon, and I'm sure something else Battle Droids. I was SUPER EXCITED to purchase kitbashed Jedi like Roan Shryne, Sephjet Josall, and Sarissa Jeng and even more excited to buy multiple colors of astromech droids. I have a dozen pilots that use the same body and bought multiples of clones, troopers, and Jawas for various reasons.

WHY IS IT HARD TO GET A DECENT LINE OF FIGURES NOW???

Reaction score
Boss Fight is the exception to the rule I guess, and yes they run much lower numbers and are higher priced. Not what a mainstream line is. Several people here constantly complain the figures are too costly now, so it would definitely hurt the line if the price increased even more.

Because apparently no one buys this stuff anymore, so less energy/attention is put into it. They simply check the appropriate boxes of, Title characters, and one or two scene specific ships.

I’m up for 5, 10, or 14, as long as they keep making new characters in 3.75. I was glad to get Beckett, Val, Rio, even L3 in 5, just because we apparently never would get them otherwise (I expect droids to look better than what 5 typically can offer, but I’ll take it).
Droids, IMO, is one area where they can limit articulation. Even though she was doing some off the wall acrobatics on screen, similar to complaints that Yoda get in ROTS. There's no reason for that figure to sport 14PoA, I'd be perfectly fine with it only being what it was. Then Beckett, Val and Qira getting the same treatment SA Han got. Though I'd even be fine if SA Han was done differently. But hat's a different argument. Even Rio would be one that get less articulation, though i probably would have opted for elbows in one or two arms.

But it would be totally doable/manageable if they simply gave an F and tried.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by keknivek

Because apparently no one buys this stuff anymore, so less energy/attention is put into it. They simply check the appropriate boxes of, Title characters, and one or two scene specific ships.

But it would be totally doable/manageable if they simply gave an F and tried.
My point was more your last line which is why 3.75 figures currently are stuck in limbo.

The 5POA stuff has some pretty decent sculpts and is certainly cost effective, but neither kids nor collectors are really clamoring for more of the main characters. Those should be a given and the excitement comes from the other stuff.

The SA stuff is apparently impossible in any large scale without totally repeating 90% of it. Nothing is in stores to buy in any numbers in any scale to make it relevant. 6" appears to have a decent following, so that's actually good for the whole.

Collectors want everything and they want it specifically their way. Tons of money is wasted consistently on things that don't have an audience.

New media is still on the way and secrecy is killing any interest that might have been there. Did I miss anything?

Reaction score
So, anybody see those Galaxy of Heroes 5poa figures? $10 for a 5 poa figure in a plastic tube.

Seriously, I believe Hasbro doesn’t want to make 1:18th stuff anymore. Whatever the deal is regarding production costs or licensing or whatever, they seem to intentionally trying to price the 4” stuff to its death.

Reaction score
So, anybody see those Galaxy of Heroes 5poa figures? $10 for a 5 poa figure in a plastic tube.

Seriously, I believe Hasbro doesn’t want to make 1:18th stuff anymore. Whatever the deal is regarding production costs or licensing or whatever, they seem to intentionally trying to price the 4” stuff to its death.
If they didn't want to make 4 inch stuff, they wouldn't have made the barge. The cost of materials rises over the years. Thats all it is. Those GOH figures are probably going to be up by the cash register for spontaneous purchases by kids and parents alike with its colorful, modern packaging. Hasbro knows what they're doing. Even if experiments don't work out, theres a reason for them.

Reaction score
The Galaxy of Adventures figures are simply repacks to get core characters into circulation. They also contain a comic. I don't think Hasbro expects adult collectors to buy them. Once the holiday shopping season is over, these will likely fade as well. Hopefully they aren't shipped more than once to each retailer. Likewise, they aren't replacing the basic line or anything else, its just a supplement of sorts. If this were the new basic line, the scale would be in trouble...

Reaction score
If they didn't want to make 4 inch stuff, they wouldn't have made the barge. The cost of materials rises over the years. Thats all it is. Those GOH figures are probably going to be up by the cash register for spontaneous purchases by kids and parents alike with its colorful, modern packaging. Hasbro knows what they're doing. Even if experiments don't work out, theres a reason for them.
Honestly, GS, I don’t think the barge factors into anything, simply because it’s not a retail release. They’re not making any more than they have to, so it’s not an item that will drive any more figure sales than there are people who bought one.

As far as the figures being repacks or register offerings, that’s even worse. That should be a less expensive avenue to pick up characters. It would also, in theory, sell more figures in the long run. This, to me, screams “let’s gouge whatever suckers we can.”

Reaction score
Does anyone believe that Steve Evans' exit might be related to the fact that the license will not be extended?

Reaction score
Honestly, GS, I don’t think the barge factors into anything, simply because it’s not a retail release. They’re not making any more than they have to, so it’s not an item that will drive any more figure sales than there are people who bought one.

As far as the figures being repacks or register offerings, that’s even worse. That should be a less expensive avenue to pick up characters. It would also, in theory, sell more figures in the long run. This, to me, screams “let’s gouge whatever suckers we can.”
They could have opted for a 6 inch item, or a non Star Wars item entirely, for the first HasLab project.

Reaction score
It's totally possible. I mean it's not like there was anything wrong over at the TF camp, so why the change?

If they didn't want to make 4 inch stuff, they wouldn't have made the barge.
I think too many broad statements like this get thrown around. It's not about 4" line specifically. People need to specify between basic and SA when speaking about them, otherwise assumptions are made. There will most likely always be a 4" line, 5POA. But SA not so much, or very limited release.
The Barge doesn't really care what figures are used with it.

Agreed. Even if i didn't collect action figures, I would still have bought the Barge as a "Model" for display! And I suspect that other people might have done the same, it's that damn awesome looking. Plus the fact it was aimed at "Adult" Collectors, not Kids. By doing an online campaign. So in a sense they could almost have nothing to do with each other.

Reaction score
Does anyone believe that Steve Evans' exit might be related to the fact that the license will not be extended?
I have no idea but there has been one failure after another on SW toys from the Disney SW Movies so it may have to do with that.

Last edited: