The Corps, True Heroes, and other cheap action figure lines.

Reaction score
With the exception of the masks, I have a complete set now. My brother called a few minutes ago and let me know he'd found the last 6 accessory packs I needed and he snagged me 2 of each. WooHOO!! I just need to pick them up from him and the wait may drive me mad.🤪
Can't wait to get my hands on them!

Reaction score
I've seen people max out the Rampage armor using the 131 parts as well. If there was space for a weapon, it was used. Total overkill, but looks great.

I'm still waiting for the Crawler wave, last weapon pack, masks and comic. I'm finding something new about every month or so.
I have the comic but haven't read it yet. I should probably get on that.😁
Side note: I'm considering using the inverted chest of a FD-O as the nose of my KHDC build. It'll need some modding, but I think it will look pretty good. I'm trying to adjust my design so that everything needed to build it can be found at Dollar Tree.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I have the comic but haven't read it yet. I should probably get on that.😁
Side note: I'm considering using the inverted chest of a FD-O as the nose of my KHDC build. It'll need some modding, but I think it will look pretty good. I'm trying to adjust my design so that everything needed to build it can be found at Dollar Tree.
I think it is fun to add random building rules like, "everything from DT". I do things like that all the time.

However, it drives me nuts if someone doesn't break a rule like that and a project loses something. One Time The Crafsman was doing a "DT only" project and didn't add an antenna since it didn't come from DT. What drove me extra bonkers was that he could have used a plastic tag loop from DT to get the same look. I'm talking about the thread-thin plastic cords that attach paper tags to an item. They often have a ball on the top end that zip-ties into a loop. I use them all the time for greeblies.

Reaction score
I agree! I won't skip an idea unless I absolutely can not find a work-around. Even then I most often won't skip it if I feel the project needs it.
That being said, my DT plan is more a notion than a rule. Going to try (but not super-hard) to do DT sourced stuff so anyone can copy it even if they're not good at improvisation.
I did a costume piece several years ago that confused some people at the party where I wore it. It was a "space pilot" costume and the piece in question was a life support chestplate.
I made it from a children's "robot chest armor" piece that I repainted. I made some small detail markings, added some LEDs, an oxygen cannister, and a metal block that looked as though it "did something".
They didn't believe at first that everything on the piece was plastic. The oxygen tank was actually a flat-topped mustard bottle, the "weird metal block" was a tray from a pack of gummy lifesavers (both parts painted and weathered) and the LED circuit was pilfered from an old countertop standee from a video store I once worked at.
I love improvising and crafting, and I think most of us end up with better outcomes when we go off-book and things don't go to plan. 😁

Reaction score
Would love to see a pic of your space pilot suit.
I'll see if I have a pic or two squirreled away somewhere. If not, I'll have to hit my storage unit and dig it out. I really need to go through some of my old boxes of toys. I know that there's a treasure trove of parts and pieces that would be great for customizing the FF line in that mess.

Reaction score
This is the only pic I could find of the chest piece. The "metal" block is not on it, but you can see the outline centered between the LEDs above the tank. If I can track down the missing piece I'll post a pic of it.
And I was incorrect in the original post about this item. It was "Child's Knight Armor", not "Robot Armor".😬

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
Gluing 4 of the assault feet together makes for a neat droid, especially when combined with cyber-arms. The Dragonfly wings might need to be glued to stay attached. I'm really looking forward to these sets.

Reaction score
Okay, I have to admit - these are really cool looking and hold endless potential for customizing.

View attachment 424705
Excellent! Congrats on the haul!
I'm thinking about using some mini screws to pin the Dragonfly together. Maybe give it a paint job too.
Love the designs, but I'm not diggin' the weird rubbery plastic they went with for this wave. I prefer the hard plastic of the earlier waves of accessories. Of course, won't be much hassle to create some silicone molds and cast my own copies in resin. ;)

Reaction score
Just found and bought some of these in SC. Plastic is a little rubbery on some but well worth the cost to have some interesting armored parts.
That's great! Seems like they're finally making their way into the stores (and our grubby little hands). I had been starting to wonder if they'd ever get around.
If International shipping wasn't so ridiculously expensive I'd start buying extras and sending them to fellow collectors abroad.

Reaction score
1656388122211.png614gSTmrnuL._AC_SL1024_.jpg
1656389110285.png I found this Star Attack Battle Station by TimMee Toys on Amazon, which lead me to trying to track one down at a better price. I know this is a forum for cheaper toys, but I really wanted to share this despite the horrifically ridiculous $125 USD price. I haven't found a better price so far, but I'll keep looking. I really dig this thing. It is scaled for 3.75" action figures and advertised as a playset/display.
Out of curiosity I'm going to email the company and ask why this thing has such a high price point. Maybe they'll even respond! 😁

Last edited:
Reaction score
View attachment 426215View attachment 426216
View attachment 426217 I found this Star Attack Battle Station by TimMee Toys on Amazon, which lead me to trying to track one down at a better price. I know this is a forum for cheaper toys, but I really wanted to share this despite the horrifically ridiculous $125 USD price. I haven't found a better price so far, but I'll keep looking. I really dig this thing. It is scaled for 3.75" action figures and advertised as a playset/display.
Out of curiosity I'm going to email the company and ask why this thing has such a high price point. Maybe they'll even respond! 😁
I don't think it's a high price point for a fan made item. If Hasbro made something similar, it would be in the $200's

Reaction score
View attachment 426215View attachment 426216
View attachment 426217 I found this Star Attack Battle Station by TimMee Toys on Amazon, which lead me to trying to track one down at a better price. I know this is a forum for cheaper toys, but I really wanted to share this despite the horrifically ridiculous $125 USD price. I haven't found a better price so far, but I'll keep looking. I really dig this thing. It is scaled for 3.75" action figures and advertised as a playset/display.
Yeah, those TimMee toys are somewhat collectible by the people who collect little green army men toys. But, I believe it's only certain things, really. Still, I guess they just assume anything TimMee toys should command a high price. The fully enclosed set (basically 4 of those) on their official website lists for $400. Insane.

Reaction score
Yeah, those TimMee toys are somewhat collectible by the people who collect little green army men toys. But, I believe it's only certain things, really. Still, I guess they just assume anything TimMee toys should command a high price. The fully enclosed set (basically 4 of those) on their official website lists for $400. Insane.
Tim Mee does classic army man (on original tooling maybe?) toys and produces in America. All their stuff is just niche enough that they have to charge a premium to make it worthwhile to sell a USA product to a limited audience.

Reaction score
Jeff Imel at TimMeeUSA responded to the email I sent.
This is a very large item, manufactured as a small batch in the United States. The manufacturing, transportation, warehousing and fulfillment of such a large item are all very expensive. The economics are much different today than when this item was originally produced in much larger quantities for big box stores and freight was calculated by weight instead of volume. The pricing is based on pre-COVID-19 costs, so new production would be even more expensive.
I still don't like the price, but I can see the "why" of it a little better now. I need to do some checking around and find out if there are any locals that may have one they want to part with cheap (unlikely) or if anyone has a line on some knock-offs. :LOL:

Reaction score
Jeff Imel at TimMeeUSA responded to the email I sent.

I still don't like the price, but I can see the "why" of it a little better now. I need to do some checking around and find out if there are any locals that may have one they want to part with cheap (unlikely) or if anyone has a line on some knock-offs. :LOL:

I believe it was only reproduced just before Covid. If I remember correctly, one of the 1/18 groups pushed for it to be brought back and enough people supported it to make it happen.

Reaction score
Okay, I have to admit - these are really cool looking and hold endless potential for customizing.20220609_191736.jpgWhen I need to turn in my term paper on time, I use the best online essay writing service

Wow, congratulations. I would like to see everything when it is assembled and painted.
Did you buy them at a discount? I picked up a bunch of these for my nephew. Dollar Tree had a mountain of them. For a buck each they're not bad looking and the packaging is excellent. I especially like the sculp on the Synthoid, which drew me to the collection, but they're all pretty good. The Drone and Brute paint scheme is a bit too subtle, but those are probably the two best candidates for a custom repaint. There's a lot of details in the molds to highlight.

Last edited: