The Corps, True Heroes, and other cheap action figure lines.

Reaction score
I figured I'd start a thread so we can post about all those cheap action figure lines we see at Walmart, Big Lots, etc. Sometimes I come across some fun stuff and it would be nice to post about them from time to time.

Most recently I am anticipating a cheap line of Aliens toys done by Lanard. As you may know Lanard does The Corps. line which is kind of a knock off of GI Joe. Most recently they did a Jumanji toy line which you probably have seen in stores these days. Before that they did Rampage, and before that Kong Skull Island. Personally, I'm interested in such things more for custom fodder than anything else. I think these companies sometimes have good molds with detail, but lack the paint apps needed to make them shine.

Here are the links to the Aliens toys. Looks like they will do a set(s) for Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3.

Edit: I forgot to mention there's supposed to be an Alien Queen set coming as well, but it's not listed on Walmart as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
I would have loved to have seen Kong, Jumanji and (probably) Aliens in stores (Canada). They have some good fodder. Nice diorama junk as well.
I just wish they were a tiny bit smaller.
I'll be using a few to make Mandalorian customs. Mostly Marauders and the red bounty hunter chick from Navarre.

Reaction score
I would have loved to have seen Kong, Jumanji and (probably) Aliens in stores (Canada). They have some good fodder. Nice diorama junk as well.
I'll be using a few to make Mandalorian customs. Mostly Marauders and the red bounty hunter chick from Navarre.
I wasn't a fan of the Jumanji line. Kong had great fodder to use with G.I. Joe and military type dioramas as did Rampage, but the Alien Collection is just plain awesome alone for the Xenomorphs and the APC vehicle.

I can try and hook you up with the pieces if you want Utinniii but I think the shipping cost would be high just to the size of the box. I could always ship the pieces loose if prefer.

Reaction score
I kind of regret not picking up the Kong stuff when it was released. I did managed to get the large Kong toy. That thing is huge!

I was able to get several of the Rampage sets at very good prices on clearance.

For me, it's a good way to practice repainting toys without messing up my precious Star Wars toys because I can get a lot of the Lanard stuff really cheap.

Reaction score
Lanard's quality overall gets better and better. The large Kong and Rampage figures were great. The figures and vehicles are cheap but great custom fodder. The Jumanji animals are well constructed. I picked up the APC and Power Loader yesterday but haven't opened yet. Nice to see the price point on these.

Reaction score
the only Kongs I bought were the for the accessories and the headsculpts. I think I bought the set that had the awesome head sculpt of Tom Hiddleston and the set that had this awesome command set-up as it worked great with the classic O-ring Joes from the 80s and 90s

Reaction score
I figured I'd start a thread so we can post about all those cheap action figure lines we see at Walmart, Big Lots, etc. Sometimes I come across some fun stuff and it would be nice to post about them from time to time.

Most recently I am anticipating a cheap line of Aliens toys done by Lanard. As you may know Lanard does The Corps. line which is kind of a knock off of GI Joe. Most recently they did a Jumanji toy line which you probably have seen in stores these days. Before that they did Rampage, and before that Kong Skull Island. Personally, I'm interested in such things more for custom fodder than anything else. I think these companies sometimes have good molds with detail, but lack the paint apps needed to make them shine.

Here are the links to the Aliens toys. Looks like they will do a set(s) for Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3.

Edit: I forgot to mention there's supposed to be an Alien Queen set coming as well, but it's not listed on Walmart as far as I can tell.
The Alien Queen is out and it's a neat addition to the line and she's Huge.. 12" and dwarfs the standard 4" Lanard Aliens. It's a really detailed and amazing figure for only $19.87. it has 20 points of articulation including the snapping jaw feature and spitter feature.

Reaction score
The Alien Queen is out and it's a neat addition to the line and she's Huge.. 12" and dwarfs the standard 4" Lanard Aliens. It's a really detailed and amazing figure for only $19.87. it has 20 points of articulation including the snapping jaw feature and spitter feature.

Was the stock you saw along side all the Jumanji stuff or in replacement of it. I haven't seen any inkling of any of the Aliens stuff. All I see is full pegs and shelves of Jumanji toys. Which I know at some point will be put on clearance.

Actually, anyone with any Indy figures should pick up some of that Jumanji stuff like the elephant. They're good fodder for dioramas.

Reaction score
Was the stock you saw along side all the Jumanji stuff or in replacement of it. I haven't seen any inkling of any of the Aliens stuff. All I see is full pegs and shelves of Jumanji toys. Which I know at some point will be put on clearance.

Actually, anyone with any Indy figures should pick up some of that Jumanji stuff like the elephant. They're good fodder for dioramas.
nope. it was not by the Jumanji stuff. these were on a bottom shelf at the end of the aisle

Reaction score
I found the APC and Power Loader on a temporary shelf they set up in the main aisle. Was about to leave with nothing when I walked around and saw them. The other Walmart had them in the middle of the action figure aisle.

Reaction score
The large Jumanji set with the Jeep is $15 at most of the Walmarts around me. Not a bad deal. It seems only this large set is on super clearance. Everything else is full price still. All those large animals must be solid plastic as they are really heavy. Still on the hunt for those Alien sets.:(

Reaction score
Found a lone Alien Queen at one of my local Walmarts. Strange, I didn't see anything else. This particular Walmart had really barren shelves and pegs. Maybe they're getting ready to reset. 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
I've had my eye on that Jumanji bear for a while. I want to put it with my BossFight Studios fantasy wave figures.

A friend of mine loves pretty much all the lanard stuff and uses it with all his Jurassic set ups. He got all the alien sets the first day he found them and for $10, I think there's a LOT of value in them. I haven't really messed around too much with them, but they seem to be pretty nice for mixing and matching with other lines.

Reaction score
Found the APC set and Power Loader set at my local Walmart, finally. As was mentioned by others, they were in what I would call a toy overflow area, not in the regular action figure aisle. All I saw was 2 boxes of each. I assume it was 1 case assortment that I saw. Didn't see the any other set(s) at this store.

Reaction score
I saw em all today with the exception of the one I really wanted (the green one with the loader). I did grab the gold and the blue ones thought. Although surely awesome, the red one lacked the cartoony campiness that the others hold. It’s super realistic. But now I think of it, I’ll probably go back and get it. Really fun campy figures. I’m starting to see that the lanard lines are something that people really appreciate. I never thought someth8ng so cheep could be so cool.

Reaction score
I finally saw the Aliens stuff at a couple of local Walmarts. I saw everything except for the Power Loader set. I only picked up the set with the blue Xeno (for now) just to check it out. The "Colonial Marine" is nothing to write home about, but I must say I was really impressed with the quality of the Xenomorph! The sculpting and the articulation really surprised me...ball jointed shoulders, abdomenm, wrists, hips, and ankles...way more than I expected. I'll probably pick up gold set too. Maybe the APC, though it's way under scaled, it might work for the Mega Construx line.

20200126_122447.jpg

Reaction score
That is bad ass! I actually thought about painting up one one of the Xenomrphs...I might pick up the Power Loader and have a go at that too...without the JP theme.