The circle is now complete

Reaction score
too much money even for the SS exclusive version with backdrop
It's a great piece, and the only one from the OT dioramas I'm missing, but the asking price is quite high + shipping from Europe to the U.S, makes it too much for me. Nice find, though.

Reaction score
It's a great piece, and the only one from the OT dioramas I'm missing, but the asking price is quite high + shipping from Europe to the U.S, makes it too much for me. Nice find, though.
I already own it and I am missing the SS Exclusive version with the Death Star Backdrop. At first I thought it wouldn't be worth the money difference but then I saw review photos and it indeed looks great!!!

Reaction score
I already own it and I am missing the SS Exclusive version with the Death Star Backdrop. At first I thought it wouldn't be worth the money difference but then I saw review photos and it indeed looks great!!!
Yeah. The backdrop sure adds a lot more interest to its overall look. I really enjoyed the dioramas and the scale. A shame nothing else was produced.

Reaction score
Yeah. The backdrop sure adds a lot more interest to its overall look. I really enjoyed the dioramas and the scale. A shame nothing else was produced.
and considering facial likeness, Luke ESB is nowhere close to Obi Wan in this diorama.. so I believe this was the best they have ever done.. I wonder will they ever release a ROTJ diorama to complete the trilogy... maybe that diorama would also include the emperor.. or it could simply be Vader raising the emperor high above his head just before the throw..

Reaction score
and considering facial likeness, Luke ESB is nowhere close to Obi Wan in this diorama.. so I believe this was the best they have ever done.. I wonder will they ever release a ROTJ diorama to complete the trilogy... maybe that diorama would also include the emperor.. or it could simply be Vader raising the emperor high above his head just before the throw..
I have the "I am your father" diorama, and do agree with you Luke's likeness isn't all there. As a whole piece though, the diorama displays beautifully. The Obi Wan sculpt in their "Sabotage" diorama however, is really good. These practical collectibles, smaller in scale than the majority of their other lines, offered ease to display in most spaces, and were/are instant recreations of memorable scenes in the films. Both, SSC and GG apparently have given the cold shoulder to their respective dioramas lines. But indeed, including the ones you've mentioned, so many possibilities to produce other classic sequences have been placed on hold. Maybe the release of EP VII next year will help get the dioramas going again.

Reaction score
I wanted to get the exclusive for my collection, but these are very hard to find?

Reaction score
I wanted to get the exclusive for my collection, but these are very hard to find?
Apparently so. I've seen more of the regular version without the backdrop than the exclusive one on Ebay, which is basically the place to find them today, unless someone chooses to sell one here. Both versions are nice, as that scene is memorable, but I agree the backdrop offered with the exclusive enhances the look of this diorama. Also the fact the backdrop shows the Millennium Falcon, I'm sure goes perfect with your MF focus, Rodders.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is BEAUTIFUL.. just one question though.. In my diorama, the lightsabers do not touch each other.. I mean, when I place the figures there is a 'small' gap.. I am not extremey bothered by it but it is annoying because they are so close but they don't clash.. do you have a similar situation with your diorama? I am trying to figure out whether if the gap was intentional or do I simply have a defected unit? everything else about the diorama seem perfect though.. the paint, sculpt, colors etc

Reaction score
This is the one OT diorama from their series I'm missing, thus I couldn't tell you first hand. That said, judging by these pictures, it appears the sabers touch ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try turning the lightsabers (between finger and thumb) - mine can be made to touch or can be left with a small gap.

This is BEAUTIFUL.. just one question though.. In my diorama, the lightsabers do not touch each other.. I mean, when I place the figures there is a 'small' gap.. I am not extremey bothered by it but it is annoying because they are so close but they don't clash.. do you have a similar situation with your diorama? I am trying to figure out whether if the gap was intentional or do I simply have a defected unit? everything else about the diorama seem perfect though.. the paint, sculpt, colors etc

Reaction score
Try turning the lightsabers (between finger and thumb) - mine can be made to touch or can be left with a small gap.
great tip,never thought of that :) I will try as soon as I get home

thanks for all the photos by the way :)