The Child

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me trying to get this and Greef. When i got them both to my cart, they were both sold out. To dorkside I went.

Reaction score
I finally listened to my previous gripes with Pulse and went straight to EE. Smooth sailing for Greef and the Child at 4:05pm EST.

Reaction score
at 4pm on amazon, i search found greef then took another min to find child but had them both ordered thru amazon while pulse was getting their page up, at 405, pulse finally left me put both in cart, then the :poop: hit the fan at pulse :mad:. I'm just glad though, child wasn't a pulse excl since took 20 min to checkout and child sold out during that time.

Reaction score
I find it a bit sadly funny that Amazon still is taking preorders while pulse sold out in minutes

Reaction score
* A movie announcer voice:
...You've had Gorgon The Terrible...
......You've seen Gozer The Destroyer...
........You've hated Azog The Defiler...
Now tremble before...
GROGU THE DEVOURER!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like these are out -- one sold on Ebay today

Reaction score
That Boba Fett sure looks good. And so does the pram. It’s nice that the child has a different headsculpt (ears) from the one that came with Din Djarin.

Reaction score
Nice to see this wave showing up at retail but like I said elsewhere it will likely be another couple months before I actually see one in hand.

Reaction score
I see your point, and I think if you were to weigh it against another figures it wouldn't even come close to a Jawa/Wicket sized figures. Which are pretty small as it is for $13. When people talk about Vintage Kenner figures being single releases we have to remember that they were only $3, and to justify the higher price point of $6 in the modern age Hasbro decided to double up on those tiny characters. Now that we're at $14 for single figure I think it's time to rethink the double packing of tiny figures, or omit them altogether an opt for a "deluxe' release for them.

That said, Hasbro sees the need to have Grogu in the basic line for the simple fact he's a main character and popular. As well as for those who may not be interested in acquiring other figures just to get him if the only way was a multipack etc. And lets face it that not everyone will be able to get the RC or the Walmart version. I don't know if there's any way to make him a main line figure and make it seem a $14 value since they don't double up anymore, and now that the pram is gone how do they justify a future release?

I would certainly be interested in the Froglady's egg chamber/carrier, that would be a cool accessory.

Reaction score
I also have the Din/Grogu pack so yeah, I'm basically buying this just for the pram. I guess he has a slightly different head too.

Reaction score
Could you imagine if they released The Child without the pram and charged TVC price of $13? I’d rather they include the pram than charge for the cardback. But then again, they could always make it a smaller figure like they did with the TVC Salacious Crumb and charge us $7. Hasbro makes more money at $13 though.

Reaction score
Could you imagine if they released The Child without the pram and charged TVC price of $13? I’d rather they include the pram than charge for the cardback. But then again, they could always make it a smaller figure like they did with the TVC Salacious Crumb and charge us $7. Hasbro makes more money at $13 though.
See that would make too much sense

Reaction score
They should have dropped the frog and packed this with Kuiil, at the deluxe pricepoint, like the Din Djarin release. These are really accessories, so lets be honest - they're ripping off customers, just like with the TBS release of Grogu. Just imagine, for $2 more, you can buy the Mission Fleet set that comes with the child, pram, a Mando figure, and a speeder bike! TVC customers are clearly being taken advantage of...

Reaction score
They should have dropped the frog and packed this with Kuiil, at the deluxe pricepoint, like the Din Djarin release. These are really accessories, so lets be honest - they're ripping off customers, just like with the TBS release of Grogu. Just imagine, for $2 more, you can buy the Mission Fleet set that comes with the child, pram, a Mando figure, and a speeder bike! TVC customers are clearly being taken advantage of...
It’s all about the card backs in TVC. The Child needs his own card back and this is the only way to do it. Kuiil will be treated just like any Ewok in the vintage line and cost full price. The pram makes up for it and I don’t see people complaining about it being too simple or over priced in the retro collection.

Reaction score
I kind of have to agree with Kuiil and Grogu packed together because lets face it he's little more than a large accessory. Plus by doing so it ensures the sale of Kuiil, since it seems like Hasbro was unsure of the character hence no figure him yet.

Not that it matters Hasbro does what Hasbro does and will keep on doing them.

Reaction score
I'm still annoyed that I'm buying a glorified accessory
I agree. I'm doing the same. But I'm glad Hasbro is offering a (different) carded TVC The Child for those of us who aren't buying the Razor Crest. Otherwise, we'd either: (1) Have none; or (2) be bidding on eBay for one of the RC pack-in castoffs. This'll be good enough for me. :)

Reaction score
It’s all about the card backs in TVC. The Child needs his own card back and this is the only way to do it. Kuiil will be treated just like any Ewok in the vintage line and cost full price. The pram makes up for it and I don’t see people complaining about it being too simple or over priced in the retro collection.
Nah, he's the size of a quarter with 3 POA - that shouldn't qualify as a TVC action figure. It would have been the equivalent of Kenner packing Salacious Crumb on a cardback with some extra accessories to fill out the bubble. Its too late though, they've already been produced, but I still think its a ripoff, and the Retro version is no different in that regard.

Reaction score
They aren't ripping anyone off. It's only a rip-off if you buy it.

Reaction score
True. And food for thought, as much as we tend to forget releases like this (over priced sculpts) allow them to make all new SA figures like Greef. It is a trade off and no one is forcing anyone to buy anything. Which is why i play the wait and see game quite often. I don't need this version because I bough the RC as well as the Walmart Din 2-pk so I'm covered for Grogu w/accessories. For now, like I said I wouldn't mind the egg container. Some people even want him in mediation pose on a giant rock.

Reaction score
Well, I had no interest in this figure, but since the arm just broke off my Mando build-up Child, I may buy it after all.

Sigh. I hope the heads are easily swappable.

bac

Reaction score
I'm going to do a little display swaparoo with one of these.

This pram goes with Season 1, Episode 2 and the trashed Crest on Arvala-7. I'll put this guy with the stripped down Crest along with v1 Mando, Kuiil and a ton of Offworld Jawas. That'll work.