The Child

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting we’ll be seeing The Child in the basic line up in the basic Vintage toy line in 2021.

Could be the same one that comes in the Mandalorian’s ship with a different cardback image?

Reaction score
According to Hasbro, The Child that comes with the Razor Crest will have a vac-metalized pram, and apparently the arms (assuming pose) are exclusive to the Haslab. But yeah, they know the Child will sell like hotcakes, so of course it's coming. And it looks like it might be earlier than 2021 if some of the facebook rumors are to be considered (Nov 2020!)

Reaction score
According to Hasbro, The Child that comes with the Razor Crest will have a vac-metalized pram, and apparently the arms (assuming pose) are exclusive to the Haslab. But yeah, they know the Child will sell like hotcakes, so of course it's coming. And it looks like it might be earlier than 2021 if some of the facebook rumors are to be considered (Nov 2020!)
Not it it's coming in the wave with Bespin Leia, ROTJ Boba Fett etc. That is a 2021 wave no?

Reaction score
This figure being 3 per case as well as smaller and more expensive than the TBS version I've seen lots of at retail make me wonder how well it'll sell. Hopefully the appeal of Baby Yoda is enough to get the wave restocked, I never saw Yavin Leia at retail and I'm worried Bespin Leia will be in the same boat.

Reaction score
This figure being 3 per case as well as smaller and more expensive than the TBS version I've seen lots of at retail make me wonder how well it'll sell. Hopefully the appeal of Baby Yoda is enough to get the wave restocked, I never saw Yavin Leia at retail and I'm worried Bespin Leia will be in the same boat.
And there's the kicker. I mean if they can sell a TBS version with accessories for $10, what could the TVC version look like at $14? Is the Pram enough to compensate for the $4 difference? More than likely it will for most, while others may still feel it's a bit much. It will be interesting to see the format, whether it's the exact same as the RC version or if there's slightly more to it. After all it's not even close to being like Yoda that can be considered a full figure, BY is basically an accessory itself. Unfortunately the sheer popularity will cause it to be released in multiple formats which could mean overkill. So perhaps deluxe sets aren't the way to go with him.

Reaction score
I’ve already got a few, the BS and the Mission Series. Plus, I’ll get one with the Barge. I may not need this one. I’ll have to see it first.

Reaction score
The head/expression is exclusive to the HasLab Razor Crest too apparently.

Not it it's coming in the wave with Bespin Leia, ROTJ Boba Fett etc. That is a 2021 wave no?
Yep, wave 6. It's already available to preorder at Dorkside and Entertainment Earth for anyone who wants to get these secured now.

The full case assortment includes:

x3 The Child
x2 Boba Fett
x1 Bespin Escape Leia
x1 Greef Karga
x1 Snaggletooth

Reaction score
Would be nice if they could add Greef soon so i can order just him and Boba, have no need of the rest. This is the part that bothers me, the slow reveal so tat each individual figure sells out before the next one is announce. Thus farcing you to either buy the case or one at a time.

Reaction score
The Black Series Baby Yoda was also shipped to stores in cases of 12, but there’s only three per case here. I think he’ll sell better - especially if a pram is included.

Reaction score
I'm just curious how fast this species grows, could we be looking at a "Teen" version in Season 3 or 4? I mean if this show does go on for a while that aspect is going to have to be covered, and if we do see an older version it will result in new figures of the character.

Though I wonder if they would do something like that, or try to keep the "cuteness" factor as long as possible in an attempt to those people watching.

Reaction score
Looking forward to this figure but I hope it comes with a lot of accessories to make it worth $12.99. I can definitely understand Hasbro making him three per case though with how hugely popular he is.

Reaction score

Coming soon on pulse. At first glance, different head and hand sculpts than the one coming with the crest. plus a different accessory, the earlier pram, and a different card back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bac

Reaction score
Reminder that he's three-per-case. As a case buyer I'll have an extra loose one, which is fine since he's in just about every scene. I'll display one with him riding in the open pram, and the other him on the ground with the closed pram elsewhere. And that new/old pram looks fantastic -- exactly what I wanted.

Here's the case breakdown again:

Child x3
Greef x1
Boba Fett x2
Leia Bespin Escape x1
Snaggletooth x1

Reaction score
Looks nice and the price works for me with the pram. I paid that much for the Power Droid and that was just as much or even less of a value.

Reaction score
I will definitely be ordering this figure. Though the pram that comes with the Razor Crest Child figure looks much cooler.

bac

Reaction score
I will definitely be ordering this figure. Though the pram that comes with the Razor Crest Child figure looks much cooler.
The Kuiil pram looks cooler for sure.

I was afraid this pram was going to be a repaint of the Crest pram. Thankfully it is a new sculpt to match the beginning of Season 1. Exactly what I wanted for my eventual Arvala-7 setup with the striped down Crest.

Reaction score
Interesting they went for V.1 pram and kept V.2 for the Razor Crest. Expected a card variant exclusive for the Haslab project but not an actual accessory exclusive :p

Reaction score
I'm just curious how fast this species grows, could we be looking at a "Teen" version in Season 3 or 4? I mean if this show does go on for a while that aspect is going to have to be covered, and if we do see an older version it will result in new figures of the character.

Though I wonder if they would do something like that, or try to keep the "cuteness" factor as long as possible in an attempt to those people watching.
I jokingly mentioned that for all of us that bought the version from TBS while waiting for a TVC release already have an older version of the child. I imagine at some point the character will be written out of the bulk of the future seasons, and might be reoccurring, perhaps if a former Jedi raises the child, and he leaves the Mandalorians care.

As for the figure, I think this set is a much better value for the pricepoint compared to the version they released in TBS. I like the original pram and how weathered it looks. While the vac metalized version from the Razor Crest might be unique to Haslab, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in solid grey with yet another future release. Plus, a grey / silver version is also coming out in Retro, which might be sufficient - after all, how many versions of him do we really need?

Reaction score
I think those case assortment numbers make good sense. Of course, that would matter more if retail actually carried each wave. I obviously just will buy what I want through fan channels.

Reaction score
I jokingly mentioned that for all of us that bought the version from TBS while waiting for a TVC release already have an older version of the child. I imagine at some point the character will be written out of the bulk of the future seasons, and might be reoccurring, perhaps if a former Jedi raises the child, and he leaves the Mandalorians care.

As for the figure, I think this set is a much better value for the pricepoint compared to the version they released in TBS. I like the original pram and how weathered it looks. While the vac metalized version from the Razor Crest might be unique to Haslab, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in solid grey with yet another future release. Plus, a grey / silver version is also coming out in Retro, which might be sufficient - after all, how many versions of him do we really need?
Yea they will def write out one of the most popular characters that has major crossover appeal to the casual viewer.

Reaction score
Even though this Child is different than the carded Razor Crest pack-in, I'm glad it's finally being offered individually, and I'll be preordering one.

But I suppose it's too much to hope that the "Offworld Jawa Elder" will also soon be offered individually? 🥺

Reaction score
Not the elder, but a more generic offworld Jawa is likely coming in a wave with Mandalore Ahsoka, Maul, and a repack of Echo.

And Baby Yoda leaving Mando's care wouldn't make financial or thematic sense, they'll be together at least until the show ends.

bac

Reaction score
Pre-order Links

THE WHOLE CASE (3x CHILD, 1x GREEF, 1x Bespin Escape Leia, 1x Snaggletooth, 2x Boba Fett)

Set of 5 from the case:

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
That's a third party seller. Ignore. Keep refreshing for the Add to Cart button to show up.

Reaction score
So pulse was a complete cluster fudge. Took 5 min to allow it in cart them another 5 to refresh to get inventory up to date. But then finally when i got to checkout, it stalled and spun for 20 min only to lose out on the child. So only ended up w/ greef via pulse. BUT I did try amazon at 4 on a diff window, when pulse was lagging and scored 1 child and 1 greef. So I guess I'm good. Likely will cancel pulse anyway as they are late with shipping.

Reaction score
I was on Pulse right at the time to pre-order. It would only say "coming soon". Then sold out. I couldn't find it On Amazon either right away. Whatever. On to EE it was.