The Bridge Direct - The Hobbit

Reaction score
Funny, I recently came across of old Toy Biz Lord of the Rings packaging I had stashed away in the garage. They were so awesome, but then I cried when I remembered the debacle that was The Bridge Direct's Hobbit line. :-(

Yeah, Bridge Direct - you still suck!

Reaction score
Holy cow, talk about a resurrection!

For a while I would drop by their Facebook page and remind them that they suck, but they now delete any posts that have to do with the Hobbit. Jerks.
If only real life was that easy, to delete one's opposite opinions.

Reaction score
I still think Bridge Direct got screwed pretty hard by the studio, so I find it hard to give them so much blame. Especially since I’ll always be grateful they gave me a 4” Gandalf, Bilbo, Legolas and Gollum. Sure, all the dwarves would have been cool, but the movies were so awful I don’t even care.

The bigger disappointment is that Bridge Directs figures were very good, and this debacle seems to have chased them out of the market.

Reaction score
I believe they merged/got bought out by another toy company. That being said, it was 100% TBDs fault. Their distribution was horrible. The figures were never found at over half of the retailers where their website claimed they would be sold.

A few years doesn't make people forget the incompetence.

Reaction score
Maybe it was simply fate. You can't make such great looking figures for at such a low price and expect to surviv the market right. At least that's what Hasbro has told us.

And IMO, the Movies don't affect figure sales. Look how well Star Wars Movies do, transformers etc. But toy sales are down across the board.