The Box Dilemma

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've finally got to that point in my collecting where I have a huge amount of Hasbro and LEGO boxes which are taking up way too much space.
I have flat-packed all the LEGO ones, apart from a few that mean a lot to me. However as you all know, this is harder to do with Hasbro's packaging due to all the inners and the plastic bubbles, so they are the main issue space wise. I also have a bunch of the ToyBiz LotR boxes as well.
Do you think keeping these increases the value of the items down the line? I only have modern stuff, no Kenner or whatnot, so I wasn't sure if they would be as valuable. I could really do with having more free space, and if they aren't worth much, then I'll probably recycle them or just the inners and any plastic bubbles.

Cheers!

-Colt

Reaction score
I'm selling my collection. Most of it. Everyone who has bought bigger items didn't want the box. Queen's Ship, Fambaa, AATs, Hail fire, etc. These were local buyers where shipping wasn't a concern. I sold my Red Leader X-Wing without the box simply because it was cheaper to ship without it. The buyer didn't care.

If you like the box keep it. If you don't display it or the toy can't fit back into it, chuck it.

Reaction score
I held on to the plastic bubbles and the cards on all of the figures I collected for the first ten years of my collecting modern star wars figures. But after a few cross country moves I have let go of all the plastic bubbles and some of the cards. Unless you have a warehouse to store the packaging in, it’s probably better to recycle at least the bubbles.

Reaction score
I keep the figure cards because I like them. The vehicle boxes don't resell well unless the contents are MISB.Once you've opened it, unless you find a dedicated collector, like the people that just wanted the Vintage Collection ship boxes for display, then they're not much more than storage space I can't afford to use. You can't ethically sell the shi[ as MISB anymore if it's been taken out, assembled and played with or displayed.

GNT

Reaction score
Do you think keeping these increases the value of the items down the line?
If you've already opened the items the value has already dropped. In most cases mint and sealed items will hold value. Another factor, besides some rare figures here and there (con exclusives and last wave figures) most items are really massed produced so at any given time you can log onto ebay and purchase whatever you want. Best thing to do is enjoy your items for what they are, toss out the packaging. It's not worth the time to save it.