The Black Series Darth Vader Helmet

Reaction score
Hasbro is continuing the Black Series Helmet line with Darth Vader's helmet, it was just announced and shown at Hascon today.

I'm glad they're continuing this line with strong offerings. The helmets might not always be the best fitting or fit for trooping out of the box, and in the case of Kylo and the Stormtroopers the "voice changers" leave a lot to be desired, but they are still fun to play with and look really good on display.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes! This will be great to have on display and play around with. Maybe a different color paint job, etc. I bet it'll be more expensive than previous helmets both from how much more complex it looks and the fact its Darth Vader.

Reaction score
This is an excellent offering. Since we will never see a reveal ROTJ Vader ever from eFX, this could be a temporary stand in.

Reaction score
Nice to play with, hasbro has been doing a great job!

Reaction score
Hope they continue this line with more helmets. X-Wing pilot (Lukes), Bob Fett, Scout Trooper, TIE pilot, etc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I am definitely in for this. I hope they keep the price the same as the other releases.

Reaction score
I am definitely in for this. I hope they keep the price the same as the other releases.
I'm guessing it will cost more given complexity and 3 separate major parts. I just hope they don't scale it down to meet a price point.

Reaction score
I'm guessing it will cost more given complexity and 3 separate major parts. I just hope they don't scale it down to meet a price point.

Indeed! Hope they don't scale it down to meet some target price point. Better to charge a lil higher and we get a superior product!

Reaction score
The black series helmets have really represented a fun way to collect prop-replica-esque Star Wars stuff, without the budget, and without the worry of preserving it from tiny hands. Looking forward to this one, it looks fantastic.

Reaction score
The black series helmets have really represented a fun way to collect prop-replica-esque Star Wars stuff, without the budget, and without the worry of preserving it from tiny hands. Looking forward to this one, it looks fantastic.
well said!

Reaction score
I have seen preorder offers already somewhere with a price around 160.-
Hope for a Boba Fett somewhere down the line, as these are my best alternative to any Anovos, eFX, MR pieces :)

Reaction score
I have seen preorder offers already somewhere with a price around 160.-
Hope for a Boba Fett somewhere down the line, as these are my best alternative to any Anovos, eFX, MR pieces :)
Any links? I'd be curious if that's an MSRP preorder or people making slightly inflated offers. The Hasbro Marvel Legends Iron Man helmet isn't quite as complex as the Vader will be, but it's close at two pieces with interior detailing throughout and it was only $100 at retail (or $40 if you waited for Target to clear them out, lol).

Reaction score
Any links? I'd be curious if that's an MSRP preorder or people making slightly inflated offers. The Hasbro Marvel Legends Iron Man helmet isn't quite as complex as the Vader will be, but it's close at two pieces with interior detailing throughout and it was only $100 at retail (or $40 if you waited for Target to clear them out, lol).

http://www.swblackseries.de/epages/es122787.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122787/Products/BS-SPEC13

http://www.blacksbricks.de/en/Colle...electronic-helmet-black-series-star-wars.html

Both are germanbased stores, but absolutly trustworthy. They came up with EVERY preorder I put up over the last couple of years, sometimes with a little push-back on the targeted release date, but they came through

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Damn, this looks really nice! I'm willing to pay a little more for this one, but I hope it is reasonable. I've got the Kylo Ren and Stormtrooper helmets and absolutely love them. Can't wait for this one!

Reaction score
What lightsabers has Hasbro released under The Black Series brand? Seeing the Rey/Skywalker lightsaber with the removable blade that was released at Disney Parks, man, I'd love to snag that. Was it a limited release, or will they be stocking it more regularly?

Reaction score
I believe that Rey with removable blade are only sold in Disney Parks. Costs 150 bucks. But it seems the soundboard being used is the more inferior Ultimate FX soundboard instead of the ones used in Force FX sabers

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Not the greatest angles in the pics. Any experts around here able to tell which version it's closest to?

Reaction score
New image gallery is up on the main page with more pics. It's still the kinda photoshoppy promo images, but you get a clearer look at the helmet and.... it definitely doesn't look 1:1. The dome looks way too small and incorrectly shaped and the mouth is too big and the eyes are oddly shaped.

Will have to see actual in-hand photos to make a final judgement but I suspect those hoping for something as "prop accurate" as the stormtrooper are going to be disappointed.

Reaction score
I doubt it will ever be actual prop accurate. I think Disney/Lucasfilm ensures that does not happen so that these Hasbro BS helmets does not cross the line and affect the licenses held by prop replica licensees like eFX or even Anovos. EFX and Anovos tries to offer prop accurate products with their study of actual props and 3D scanning from the achieves. The BS Stormtrooper was not exactly R1 movie accurate either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think Hasbro BS series of helmets are actually an upgraded offerings from what Rubies are offering. Much better quality than the stuff Rubies are offering but no where near as good and accurate as what eFX/Anovos are offering.

Reaction score
Vader is far from accurate but because of the reveal type and coloring it's safe to say it's ROTJ inspired.

Reaction score
I think Hasbro BS series of helmets are actually an upgraded offerings from what Rubies are offering. Much better quality than the stuff Rubies are offering but no where near as good and accurate as what eFX/Anovos are offering.
Well the Rubies Supreme Vader helmet is not that bad for the price, and a lot more accurate than this Hasbro abomination. The Hasbro BS stormtrooper is very good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Brickseek has this listed at $99 at both Walmart and Target. Looks like it will be coming out with the Han Solo movie stuff.

Here are the press pics from back in September:

It's not perfect by any means, but it is still pretty bad *** for $100!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can't wait, glad we don't have to wait till fall this year like with the Poe helmet. I hope they keep this line going with A Fett, Red 5, and TIE pilot helmets

Reaction score
I like the Black Series helmets having picked up the Kylo Ren and Poe helmets - but this one looks really odd to me (at least from those photos). The dimensions look wrong and overall too small - especially the dome

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
This will be a fine addition to my son's collection.

Reaction score
Yep, I'll be grabbing one of these as soon as I see one on the shelf. Follow this one up with Fett and I will be a happy camper.

Reaction score
Accuracy is not there, but for $100 and reveal options I kinda like it.

Reaction score
Not sure those are actual photos and not just cg mock ups, interested to see the real thing.