The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Also, FWIW Yakface updated the Andor Shoretrooper's code-name to "Navy", and the "Ocean" code-name that's been on his list for awhile has now been updated to be another Target exclusive Andor figure.

Looks like Andor is getting the OWK treatment for Black Series. So far we have four mainline figures rumored w/ codenames, five leaked or rumored figures w/ codenames, & one convention exclusive. That's ten releases thus far! 👀

Reaction score
I DON'T need to army build the Mon Cal navy. I don't. I don't.

Oh but he has the stick you say? IN.

Reaction score
I really want Madine just to round out the RotJ briefing figures. I have a spare General Lando (someone had to buy him twice) which I think would suit a Madine custom, but I lack the skills.
Sadly I don't think he'd sell so he'll be way down Hasbro's list I'd imagine.

Reaction score
Anyone else think it's a bit of a shame they haven't done retro colours on all of these anniversary vintage card releases? It just seems a bit 'neither here nor there' to have just a handful in retro colours (Greedo, Jawa, Ackbar, Kenobi, Fett, 4LOM, Zuckuss) on these cards, and then also have modern repacks on the same style cards. Presumably there won't be a modern paint repack of Ackbar on this card too?

Would've been really cool to have the upcoming Endor Han/Leia have the Kenner style soft goods colours.

Reaction score
I guess they're between a rock and a hard place. Lots of people want to get figures they missed out.
But yeah, I think the ideal would be do the carded versions as Kenner and then straight re-issues as archive. The way they're doing it at the moment is very random.

If I knew there was going to be an complete set of Kenner colours (or variants using a vinyl cape for example), I'd double dip every time. I'd love to see the Kenner Boba Fett get a re-release but I guess they won't do that as it will really make the SDCC owners furious.

Reaction score
I feel like they're very out of touch with their fanbase. I mean we would love for the 40th figures Crix Madine, Nien Nunb, Prune Face, B-wing & A-wing pilots, Amanaman etc. But the reality is we probably won't get them since Hasblow is being lazy as heck lately. All they keep pushing on us is repaints & kit bashed stuff.

Reaction score
What gets me is that it seems like there must be a smarter way to do repaints/kitbashes.

Some figures would seem to lend themselves to it. I didn't pour over stills of Saw Guerra in the Andor trailer, but surely they've designed the existing Rogue One figure with a mind to just doing a few alterations for Andor re-release?

Similarly, whatever they're planning on doing for Mon Mothma for Andor, surely a new head and plastic body length robe to cover would allow them to re-use the figure that way for ROTJ?

A quick look at the A-wing, B-wing pilot outfits and...could they not come up with a new pilot "buck" to be used for all OT pilot types with different paint ops and chest pieces/hoses/straps?

Reaction score
I feel like they're very out of touch with their fanbase. I mean we would love for the 40th figures Crix Madine, Nien Nunb, Prune Face, B-wing & A-wing pilots, Amanaman etc. But the reality is we probably won't get them since Hasblow is being lazy as heck lately. All they keep pushing on us is repaints & kit bashed stuff.

Repaints & kit bashed stuff and all new sculpts of all the inquisitors, bad batch, Mando characters like Cobb Vanth and Zero that TVC fans are clamouring for ;)

Reaction score
Just curious, and maybe someone of those awesome toy-photographers can help me here.

First, I am in no way a photo-pro, just using my mobile device ( Samsung S7 Edge ) and I can only take nice indoor-pictures in a very short time-period of the day when the sun/natural light is good. If sun is extreme, the lightreflection of all the woods and greens around the building give my photos a weird green tint.

Second, I do not want to do action poses/dioramas.. just trying to do some nice archive photos for my own satisfaction, using the same backdrop, base, distance...

Screenshot_20220820-132927_Chrome.jpg

This exact model is current a "product of the month" at the local electronic/media store and I was wondering if this kind of light might suit my needs for a constant light source.

Reaction score
Just curious, and maybe someone of those awesome toy-photographers can help me here.

First, I am in no way a photo-pro, just using my mobile device ( Samsung S7 Edge ) and I can only take nice indoor-pictures in a very short time-period of the day when the sun/natural light is good. If sun is extreme, the lightreflection of all the woods and greens around the building give my photos a weird green tint.

Second, I do not want to do action poses/dioramas.. just trying to do some nice archive photos for my own satisfaction, using the same backdrop, base, distance...

View attachment 432990

This exact model is current a "product of the month" at the local electronic/media store and I was wondering if this kind of light might suit my needs for a constant light source.
Does setting your white balance not help with the strange tint you're speaking of? You can set your white balance on your phone in the camera settings. Might have to do it manually if its an especially weird tint. But one of the auto settings could work.

Ring lights are great for soft even lighting that will probably be good for what you want to do. I can't speak to that specific model. But I'm sure it's good enough.

Reaction score
Color me impressed that they have Tython Boba Fetts.
Saw them again at another Walmart today, so I guess they're starting to hit Western Canada, at least, in a general way. Of course, most Walmarts that I've seen are still stubbornly clinging to half a dozen Greef Karga figures, apparently hell-bent on selling them all at full MSRP even at this late a juncture (which is kind of a shame since it's a good figure of a pretty cool character). 🤔

Reaction score
Saw Quasar at Gamestop yesterday. 🤔
Binary finally started showing up around me. I haven’t seen any of this year’s villains in stores though. I don’t really have any gripes with WGs. There’s a ton of stores around me and I can usually find stuff with some persistence. But I know a lot of people who say their stores haven’t seen anything new since TFA or R1.

Reaction score
Binary was actually the only one I've been able to score and have had it for about a month or two already.

I wonder if since Walgreens is a smaller company compared to say Walmart if their experiencing more difficulties getting their stock due to the whole backlog issues.

Reaction score
Yeah, but those are exclusives so they usually ship by themselves. And frankly if I found that many of the trooper at my walmart (or even one) I would crap my pants. "Clean up in the toy aisle!"
I had no idea the trooper was exclusive. Ah well, doesn't excuse the millions of Jawas I've seen, unless that is exclusive too and if so, too much. These exclusives can kill a line. Seen it done before