The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
i gotta commend Amazon that their exclusives, such as the Mortar Man and this most recent stunning and beautiful Credit Collection Mandalorian, all of them came boxed, thats the way to do it!

Reaction score
Not a bad looking trailer some of it was even interesting, not sure we need blue man group in Star Wars though. lol
I hope it's a totally different droid, after three trilogies Imma bout tired out of the Droid duo. Some cool concepts even though I'm not keen on it being only 300 years prior to TPM, would have preferred even further back. This appears more like a video game cinematic, is that what this is a trailer for an upcoming game? Or are they going full CG for some shows?

Reaction score
Not a bad looking trailer some of it was even interesting, not sure we need blue man group in Star Wars though. lol
I hope it's a totally different droid, after three trilogies Imma bout tired out of the Droid duo. Some cool concepts even though I'm not keen on it being only 300 years prior to TPM, would have preferred even further back. This appears more like a video game cinematic, is that what this is a trailer for an upcoming game? Or are they going full CG for some shows?
This is for the new video game by Quantic Dream. Yay! No EA.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Any word on this being a single player or multiplayer?
There's not really much info out there right now. It's still in early development and there wasn't any info shared on a release date, platforms, or gameplay. This is about it:

Set during the High Republic era, Star Wars Eclipse is an intricately branching action-adventure game that can be experienced in many ways, and puts the destinies of multiple playable characters in your hands, created in collaboration between Quantic Dream and Lucasfilm Games.
  • Weave a tapestry of interlaced destinies – See the galaxy through the eyes of an ensemble cast of multiple, charismatic playable characters, each with their own personality, motivations, and impact upon each other and the story at large.
  • Compose an original Star Wars story – With all-new characters and environments, you have the power to make choices with consequence thanks to many outcomes in this deeply branching narrative.
  • Shape your fate in the Outer Rim – In an uncharted section of the galaxy with never-before-seen species and planets to discover, this part of the Outer Rim is rife with opportunity – and political tensions that could alter the fabric of peace. What will you do?

Reaction score
There's not really much info out there right now. It's still in early development and there wasn't any info shared on a release date, platforms, or gameplay. This is about it:

Set during the High Republic era, Star Wars Eclipse is an intricately branching action-adventure game that can be experienced in many ways, and puts the destinies of multiple playable characters in your hands, created in collaboration between Quantic Dream and Lucasfilm Games.
  • Weave a tapestry of interlaced destinies – See the galaxy through the eyes of an ensemble cast of multiple, charismatic playable characters, each with their own personality, motivations, and impact upon each other and the story at large.
  • Compose an original Star Wars story – With all-new characters and environments, you have the power to make choices with consequence thanks to many outcomes in this deeply branching narrative.
  • Shape your fate in the Outer Rim – In an uncharted section of the galaxy with never-before-seen species and planets to discover, this part of the Outer Rim is rife with opportunity – and political tensions that could alter the fabric of peace. What will you do?

Free range withing the lines, more or less :)
Not multiplayer by the sound of it. As of now that is.

Good thing Battlefront (2015) is still running :)

Reaction score
i gotta commend Amazon that their exclusives, such as the Mortar Man and this most recent stunning and beautiful Credit Collection Mandalorian, all of them came boxed, thats the way to do it!
We're still waiting for the Mortar trooper listing to appear in stock properly in the UK.

Reaction score
The same way they blew it on the jedha patrol minus the black dots being painted (and maybe weathering,...but I know that’s asking too much)

Reaction score
That is a fantastic wave! Although not sure how they blew (no pun intended! Well, maybe) the paint apps on BWave.
Yes, overall I am pleased with this wave. Fennec Shand's figure is done exceptionally well, but Bib Fortuna's figure (although I am happy to finally have it) is disappointing. The others in this wave are somewhere in between.

Reaction score
Yes, overall I am pleased with this wave. Fennec Shand's figure is done exceptionally well, but Bib Fortuna's figure (although I am happy to finally have it) is disappointing. The others in this wave are somewhere in between.

Ugh. Typical Hasbro. They come sooooo close and then manage to blow one simple thing. I have been itching to get a Jabba's palace character for far too long now, and then we finally get one, and then for some reason they go nuts with the paint apps, which apparently according to the "deluxe" figures if there are too many of them they have to charge us more for. They could have saved some money here!

Reaction score
Ugh. Typical Hasbro. They come sooooo close and then manage to blow one simple thing. I have been itching to get a Jabba's palace character for far too long now, and then we finally get one, and then for some reason they go nuts with the paint apps, which apparently according to the "deluxe" figures if there are too many of them they have to charge us more for. They could have saved some money here!

It's been mentioned before, but I wonder how easy those blue streaks will come off with some acetone and a qtip?
...or at very least, lightened a bit.

Reaction score
Oooh! I hadn't heard that. That might work.

Oh for sure!
Acetone takes ANYTHING right off. So much so, you have to be super careful with it so you don't take off the desirable stuff, or harm the plastic under it.

When the Jabbas Palace Luke came out and he looked like David Bowie, lol ....a quick pass with a qtip dipped in acetone took the blush right off.

I'd imagine the same would go for the blue on Bib.

Reaction score
Does anyone know of the cheapest way to purchase a Black Series Hunter figure? He’s sold out on Pulse right now.

Reaction score
Agreed, Darth Revan is one thing where as Galen Marek doesn't likely have the same recognizability? Making niche characters like Zaablar which were 90% reuse have an easier time getting approved versus one that requires an all new mold like Galen would. Which is why I feel we'll never see a lot of them such as Atris or Visas Marr etc, although a strong case could be made to reuse Cassian for Attan Rand. As well as a few others could get away with some reuse but the demand would have to be there and I'm not sure it is for all those secondary characters like Nico Ocarr.

TBH I'm surprised that they haven't made Bastila yet being that she's a strong female character and just as popular as Revan.

Reaction score
I am hoping we haven't received certain EU characters in the Black Series because they might make a debut in Disney Wars - like Mara Jade. Although, I am concerned about how some of these characters will be portrayed in the Disney era compared to their EU portrayal.

Reaction score
Mara Jade would be tough to fit into the new canon. As a powerful Force user and Luke’s love interest, she has such a big presence in the old EU.

Reaction score
But it wouldn't be the Mara we know nor would she likely look the same, so that's why I'm not that on board with the idea. Not that I totally wouldn't want to see her pop up. Maybe she could come out of nowhere after learning Luke's death to become a new beacon of hope and train anew generation of Jedi. I mean just because they didn't specifically address her/them doesn't mean it didn't happen just that they chose not to tell that aspect of his story, that perhaps off screen he might have sent her away with child into hiding knowing a darkness was coming. After all he would/should have been wiser after 10-20 years and learned a few new tricks about foresight and visions. IDK...

Reaction score
I remember there was a time when it looked like the Black Series was finally going into prequel territory, but this new Boba Fett wave is one again chained to the original trilogy.

Reaction score
When are we getting Super Battle Droids and Droidekas? We’re nearing the tenth anniversary of the line and I think it’s ridiculous we don’t have two of the coolest looking Star Wars droids in the galaxy.
I've been itching for a Super Battle Droid. At one point SHFiguarts showed off a prototype of one but it never came to fruitation.

Reaction score
When are we getting Super Battle Droids and Droidekas? We’re nearing the tenth anniversary of the line and I think it’s ridiculous we don’t have two of the coolest looking Star Wars droids in the galaxy.
I've been displaying the old Hasbro - "Mega Action" 6 inch scale Droideka with my Episode 1 Black Series:
(I also include the Hero Mashers "Sith Speeder")

I think they look good together.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
I would like to see a magnaguard, a Garindan, a farm Galen Erso, a rogue one imperial ground crew (aka disguised Jyn Erso) a new hammerhead. I’m pretty sure there’s others as well, but that’s what I’ve been thinking bout...oh, and maybe a new deathtrooper with options of making it an officer or not with a non scoped helmet, and a DAMN UPGRADED DOWNWARD MOTIONED WRIST I mean what the hell were they thinking when they originally did that figure? “Oh I’ve got a great idea! Let’s make it so he won’t hold his gun the way people would like him to...” Makes sense...ughh

Last edited:
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211215-213139_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20211215-213152_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20211215-213205_Instagram.jpg

Yakface, via toyhideout, has photos of the holiday figures we never got this year.