The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Well, this is a surprise from DS. Yakface is reporting that they are already shipping out some cases of '22 Wave 1. Wouldn't have guessed out of the online retailers they'd get them first.
I thought it was cross-posted here but I guess not. Dorkside posted on The Fwoosh forums on 11/25 that they were expecting 400 or so cases of their assorted case order soon. That's the reason they put their pre-order up early when they did.

So 400 lucky collectors will get their case pretty quickly from Dorkside.

This is from the Fwoosh's Black Series discussion thread:

dorksidetoys said:
The FIRST 400 plus cases (assorted) are on the way, we don’t know when the remaining 1600 or so (assorted) or solids will arrive. They’ll probably arrive well before March but we can not guarantee it.

Reaction score
Well, this is a surprise from DS. Yakface is reporting that they are already shipping out some cases of '22 Wave 1. Wouldn't have guessed out of the online retailers they'd get them first.

View attachment 407459
They also got the Endor Heroes/Mandalorian Flametrooper wave earlier than anyone else—I should know since I got one of them rather early. Hoping my order comes in their first wave now too!

Reaction score
Screenshot_20211208-102301_Instagram.jpg

Via Yakface:

"Congratulations to Patrick from the Hasbro Star Wars Team on his recent promotion to Global Marketing Director for Star Wars & New Entertainment Brand. (Previously Senior Global Brand Manager)"

Look, I don't know the guy, but obviously Hasbro believes he is worth promoting. That seems a bit odd when you consider how the rancor was marketed, but what do I know? From Hasbro's point of view, Patrick may be a superstar. Maybe he gets credit for convincing so many of us to buy all the repacks and repaints?

Reaction score
People fail upwards all the time. No idea if that’s what’s going on here, but that’s very odd timing indeed. What about the SW brand at Hasbro is succeeding these days? They barely have products on shelves and just sent the Rancor the way of Cookie Monster.

Reaction score
I wonder if it's a case of promoting Patrick out of the way, so a new face can be dropped into his position, to maybe avoid or deflect the bad PR the Rancor failing has caused. The timing for such a job change seems really off!

Reaction score
It could be like the general manager of a sports team getting ‘promoted’ to president. Higher but less say in day to day decisions.

The NFL and NBA have been fail upwards leagues for coaches for decades.

Reaction score
Just preordered the "deluxe" Boba Fett and I'll only have to wait SEVEN MONTHS to get it!!!! Can't wait! Oh, and shipping from EE was over $10! To be honest, at this point, Hasbro can just stop and while I'll be bummed there were some things we didn't get, overall I'd be relieved. I love collecting, but the prices keep going up and up and up and now Hasbro has decided they can really jack up the prices by calling everything "deluxe" when it clearly isn't and then the cost of shipping is shooting up and then when we preorder stuff we have to wait almost a year to get it. I think I have like 40 things on preorder. It's getting ridiculous.

Reaction score
Theres going to be a huge backlash (another one) to it. Going to be very interested to see what their response is. The Cobb Vanth excuse was total BS but they can't hide behind the "all new sculpt, lots of paint apps" line this time. Also want to know how this deluxe release squares with the RotJ Deluxe release which at least had some flame effects (and a grapple line and sliced pistol that no one had any use for).

They're so dumb. Ok, the Rancor is a bit embarrassing for them but the feedback on the Jedha Patrol wave is extremely positive. If they'd done Boba at regular pricing, or included the existing accessories, they'd have at least had a good end to the year.

Reaction score
I think Star Wars stuff sells pretty well, the issue is people not getting what they want and things selling out so fast. It’s like they’re modeling their business on Dr. Evil. “Why makes billions when we could make…millions?”

Reaction score
I think Star Wars stuff sells pretty well, the issue is people not getting what they want and things selling out so fast. It’s like they’re modeling their business on Dr. Evil. “Why makes billions when we could make…millions?”
You're not wrong, in fact due to this year's auto craze several automakers have decide to undersupply going forward in order to boost profits with some relying on built to order model. Which further tells me this was all a test of the consumer and what type of BS they can pull and get away with it.

Reaction score
Does anyone think Entertainment Earth will ship out the new wave early like Dorkside did?

I certainly hope so. Seems odd having to wait until March, April and May (those were all the months I was told to get the figures) for figures that are now showing up at target and Walmart.

Reaction score
I have finally got back into Star Wars collecting as I have found my first Black Series figure in stores in over half a year!

Reaction score
I found Tech and Zero at Walmart and finally have faith in the Black Series again. Seeing the Amazon listing for Boba Fett makes me happy that we can get both Boba and Fennec before 2023 :)

Reaction score
If kit-bashes and repaints are our lot in Black Series life, I wouldn't mind a Rebel Honor Guard (Yavin) made from bits of the Rebel Fleet Trooper and Galen Erso. Something of an army builder and ties in with Luke "Skywalkwer" and Leia (Yavin 4).

Reaction score
I found Tech and Zero at Walmart and finally have faith in the Black Series again. Seeing the Amazon listing for Boba Fett makes me happy that we can get both Boba and Fennec before 2023 :)
I'm sure it was just a fluke 😅
You won't find any more

Reaction score
If kit-bashes and repaints are our lot in Black Series life, I wouldn't mind a Rebel Honor Guard (Yavin) made from bits of the Rebel Fleet Trooper and Galen Erso. Something of an army builder and ties in with Luke "Skywalkwer" and Leia (Yavin 4).

Believe it or not this was actually the figure that kept me collecting. I was looking to be done around the time of the 30AC and when I saw they were doing the honor guard I was like, yeah, I have to have that, and then never did quit! So I would totally be down for one in the BS.

Reaction score
You forgot Finn, Rey and Rose. Nowhere to be found and in the highest demand. I'd trade my Black Series Haslab Rancor for just one of those figures.
Haha also Karga and Kuill. I will say that Rose wasn’t really an easy figure to find. Her 3 inch counterpart on the other hand…

Reaction score
I miss Force Fridays. Stores received more than one case of figures a year back in those days. They should have continued Force Friday with the Disney Plus shows, but they didn’t.

Reaction score
At least when it comes to Marvel Legends, Target will get full cases of each figure now. If Hasbro did that with the Bad Batch waves, I think they would sell extremely well. I can’t imagine being a kid now and seeing no Bad Batch toys on the shelf.

Reaction score
At least when it comes to Marvel Legends, Target will get full cases of each figure now. If Hasbro did that with the Bad Batch waves, I think they would sell extremely well. I can’t imagine being a kid now and seeing no Bad Batch toys on the shelf.
The bad batch figures seem to be selling very well. And the Clone Wars figures are too. Bodes well for fans like myself who want more animated figures. Give us the Jedi Temple Guard, Grand Inquisitor, and Robo-legged Maul at least!