The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Navigating thru HP My Orders menu is just plain ridiculous. HP just charged my CC and I thought I would take a quick look to see if I could figure out which figures are shipping . Gave up

Started a simple spreadsheet so I could see at a glance what I ordered when. Makes it easy to locate specific items (when I need to cancel something ;)) and beats clicking into every order. I have a couple of charges pending today, too, but they are for Marvel Legends stuff that they warned me would be arriving earlier than expected.

Reaction score
I'll add one more thing since there is always shots being made at OT collectors. You had better be glad that OT fans are still around because in my opinion once the OT fans are gone it will all go.
It'll be interesting to see if it works out that way. We've had couple generations of kids now whose first and most influential experience of SW would have been the PT and TCW. Time will tell if these grow up to be genuine fans of SW as a whole or just single-minded Ahsoka stans. 🤔

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if it works out that way. We've had couple generations of kids now whose first and most influential experience of SW would have been the PT and TCW. Time will tell if these grow up to be genuine fans of SW as a whole or just single-minded Ahsoka stans. 🤔

Lord knows boba fett doesn't have stans all excited for a show cuz they liked the figure 40 years ago.

Reaction score
Lord knows boba fett doesn't have stans all excited for a show cuz they liked the figure 40 years ago.
Ah, but here's the difference: the introduction of Boba Fett lead to a great enrichment of SW lore, further expanding on the underworld elements of the Galaxy Far, Far Away that had been hinted at in EP IV, and ushering in the Mandalorians as a faction, who would go on to become a tremendously important element of the Expanded Universe and ultimately save the Star Wars brand for Disney more or less single-handedly. Ahsoka, by contrast, is just some Jedi dropout that Dave Filloni won't allow to die, awkwardly retro-fitted into an existing storyline years after it had actually been concluded. 😉

Reaction score
Ah, but here's the difference: the introduction of Boba Fett lead to a great enrichment of SW lore, further expanding on the underworld elements of the Galaxy Far, Far Away that had been hinted at in EP IV, and ushering in the Mandalorians as a faction, who would go on to become a tremendously important element of the Expanded Universe and ultimately save the Star Wars brand for Disney more or less single-handedly. Ahsoka, by contrast, is just some Jedi dropout that Dave Filloni won't allow to die, awkwardly retro-fitted into an existing storyline years after it had actually been concluded. 😉
Ah, but here's the difference: the introduction of Ahsoka lead to a great enrichment of SW lore, further expanding on the flawed Jedi Order elements of the Galaxy Far, Far Away that had been hinted at in EP III and ushering in the Clones as real people as a faction, who would go on to become a tremendously important element of the Clone Wars, fleshing out the Prequel trilogy and ultimately save the Star Wars brand for Lucas more or less single-handedly. Boba, by contrast, is just some Mandalorian dropout that Dave Filloni won't allow to die, awkwardly retro-fitted into an existing storyline years after it had actually been concluded.

Reaction score
Ah, but here's the difference: the introduction of Ahsoka lead to a great enrichment of SW lore, further expanding on the flawed Jedi Order elements of the Galaxy Far, Far Away that had been hinted at in EP III and ushering in the Clones as real people as a faction, who would go on to become a tremendously important element of the Clone Wars, fleshing out the Prequel trilogy and ultimately save the Star Wars brand for Lucas more or less single-handedly. Boba, by contrast, is just some Mandalorian dropout that Dave Filloni won't allow to die, awkwardly retro-fitted into an existing storyline years after it had actually been concluded.
Touche'! But, you forgot the winking emoji face. LOL!

Reaction score
Well, I guess popfindr is no longer going to be of use. I mean, it’s been extremely unreliable for a while now. But while looking for the new ghostbusters two pack at target, which showed me some results the other day, just game me the following message. It’s official. It’s a done deal. I can only assume they’ll do that with other collectibles too.

C092463B-B556-43DE-95EA-3368961D7E86.jpeg

Reaction score
Well, I guess popfindr is no longer going to be of use. I mean, it’s been extremely unreliable for a while now. But while looking for the new ghostbusters two pack at target, which showed me some results the other day, just game me the following message. It’s official. It’s a done deal. I can only assume they’ll do that with other collectibles too.
Use this link instead for the 2 pack. https://popfindr.com/inventory/target/81959671

They have switched to the TCIN for searching.

bac

Reaction score
Fett Tython case pre-order is up at EE:

As are the singles:

Reaction score
Ah, but here's the thing: the Clones had already been fleshed out as "real people as a faction" in the Clone Wars multimedia project, years before Ahsoka was anything but a gleam in Dave Filoni's ephebophiliac eye, and with much more panache and verve than TCW ever achieved. Once again, Ahsoka is a superfluous latecomer to this party. 😉

As for the flaws of the Jedi Order being "hinted at" in ROTS, that's rich. You could well say that Lucas was hinting at how structurally and doctrinally flawed the Jedi had become in TPM, but by Revenge, he was practically laying it on with a shovel. 😏

Additionally, to try and defang any quibbles with Filoni's weird, over-protectiveness towards his orange waifu by scribbling over "Ahsoka" with "Boba Fett" is mendacious to the point of hilarity, deceitfully ignoring as it does the many, many SW stalwarts who wrote of Boba's survival and continued adventures post-Jedi long before Filoni ever came to work at Lucasfilm. 🤫

Finally, it's not even worth addressing the suggestion that The Clone Wars represented the same kind of Hail Mary play with regards to audience good will that The Mandalorian was for Disney. The whole comparison is absurd on its face and you know it. 😆

Reaction score
Ah, but here's the thing: the Clones had already been fleshed out as "real people as a faction" in the Clone Wars multimedia project, years before Ahsoka was anything but a gleam in Dave Filoni's ephebophiliac eye, and with much more panache and verve than TCW ever achieved. Once again, Ahsoka is a superfluous latecomer to this party. 😉

As for the flaws of the Jedi Order being "hinted at" in ROTS, that's rich. You could well say that Lucas was hinting at how structurally and doctrinally flawed the Jedi had become in TPM, but by Revenge, he was practically laying it on with a shovel. 😏

Additionally, to try and defang any quibbles with Filoni's weird, over-protectiveness towards his orange waifu by scribbling over "Ahsoka" with "Boba Fett" is mendacious to the point of hilarity, deceitfully ignoring as it does the many, many SW stalwarts who wrote of Boba's survival and continued adventures post-Jedi long before Filoni ever came to work at Lucasfilm. 🤫

Finally, it's not even worth addressing the suggestion that The Clone Wars represented the same kind of Hail Mary play with regards to audience good will that The Mandalorian was for Disney. The whole comparison is absurd on its face and you know it. 😆
Oh boy seems I struck a nerve lol. Calm down, 90s EU is experiencing a slight resurgence. Here’s the thing Star Wars isn’t an insular experience, it is communal and diverse. There’s room for everyone and all types of fans. Now 90s EU was a hell of a ride but it is still no where the phenomenon that Clone Wars will ever be and rightfully so. The latter had the full blessing and canonization from Lucas and an entire generation of new Star Wars fans devoted to Clones, Ahsoka and the Grand Army of the Republic.

In terms of characterization and depth, let’s just say that Ahsoka never needed to be saved while Boba had faded, nearly reduced to just a unique costume and iconic mask. Obviously you can thank the Mandalorian for saving him but the Clone Wars also played a role in his pre OT backstory. You can also thank the Mandalorian for reintroducing Ahoska to the ST era.

But here’s the interesting thing about parallels, yes the Clone Wars redeemed the PT whereas the Mandalorian is in the process of redeeming the ST. Anyone ignoring this fact is engaging in high level delusion and fan fiction. There are far too many references with cloning force sensitives, New Republic, etc. Let’s just see how long the so called audience good will lasts with the Mandalorian series. 2015-2016 was also a Star Wars “resurgence” with the fandom clamoring over whatever is the shiny new SW flavor of the week.

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/star-wars-clone-wars-fandom

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star-wars-how-rebels-and-clone-wars-saved-the-prequels/

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-the-clone-wars-redeemed-the-prequel-trilogy-movies

Reaction score
Oh boy seems I struck a nerve lol. Calm down, 90s EU is experiencing a slight resurgence. Here’s the thing Star Wars isn’t an insular experience, it is communal and diverse. There’s room for everyone and all types of fans. Now 90s EU was a hell of a ride but it is still no where the phenomenon that Clone Wars will ever be and rightfully so. The latter had the full blessing and canonization from Lucas and an entire generation of new Star Wars fans devoted to Clones, Ahsoka and the Grand Army of the Republic.

In terms of characterization and depth, let’s just say that Ahsoka never needed to be saved while Boba had faded, nearly reduced to just a unique costume and iconic mask. Obviously you can thank the Mandalorian for saving him but the Clone Wars also played a role in his pre OT backstory. You can also thank the Mandalorian for reintroducing Ahoska to the ST era.

But here’s the interesting thing about parallels, yes the Clone Wars redeemed the PT whereas the Mandalorian is in the process of redeeming the ST. Anyone ignoring this fact is engaging in high level delusion and fan fiction. There are far too many references with cloning force sensitives, New Republic, etc. Let’s just see how long the so called audience good will lasts with the Mandalorian series. 2015-2016 was also a Star Wars “resurgence” with the fandom clamoring over whatever is the shiny new SW flavor of the week.
You're not going to convince him. He's just a hater.
Not worth the energy, trust me.

Reaction score
Nice. Gonna have more Boba variants than Luke soon, and I'm more than happy with that situation.
I wonder if theres any chance its ready to ship for the TV show? Unlikely I guess as Yakface would have heard. Then again, the heavy mando came out of nowhere iirc?

Now I need to decide, do I need two of these to display helmet on and helmet off, and if I do that, do I need a third one so I can put the head on a second Boba ROTJ figure? Gonna end up spending more on this figure than if I'd backed the Rancor.

The TVC E-Web though :love: Give me that in 6"please Hasbro. I'll need at least 3.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice. Gonna have more Boba variants than Luke soon, and I'm more than happy with that situation.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, which is a good thing because now we won't see the same mold reused/repainted for over a decade! lol

While I do like the figure I've all but gave up on TBS, but especially the "Deluxe: gimmick. So unfortunately I will be passing and patiently waiting for a sale in about a year, I'll gladly pay $20 for it.

Reaction score
Wait - that Boba is deluxe? I have a Jango with literally the same number of accessories and a removable helmet! They can't blame this on the number of paint apps.

Hasbro giveth, Hasbro taketh away.

I'm not one for softgoods but I really think he'd have looked amazing with soft goods on the lower half. I dont think it would have looked as bad as soft goods look on the upper body/head. That would have made the deluxe pricing at least less of a middle finger.

Last edited:
Reaction score
BBTS have the entire Holiday wave from last year in stock for you deviants who like that kind of thing. $40 a hit though, so good luck. Oh and Cara Dune (lets not go there) for $58(!), Mando and Heavy Mando Carbon Collection (both $37)

Wonder where they're getting these? They have Imperial Crosshair and the POTF Luke and Han in stock too - surely Hasbro havent done something smart and made their exclusives timed only?

With those prices, makes me wonder if they're reselling stuff they picked up on the secondary market?

Reaction score
Very cool, but is that a deluxe release? I don’t see the value.
It would have been if it had a soft goods "skirt' or whatever you're supposed to call the cloth hanging from his belt. It looks OK for a BS release I suppose. I was hoping it would look good enough for me to cancel my SH Figurarts pre-order. I don't see how he is going to articulate his right leg with that hunk of plastic in the way? Reminds me of the plastic cape they gave Mando even with his jetpack they gave him. Sometimes, Hasbro, you really need to bite the bullet and spring for soft goods.

Reaction score
There's too many figures being released all at once it seems. It's also kind of frustrating to have so many pre-orders that may not ship till next summer, or they may ship this december, spin the roulette wheel. ;) I will have to become super selective, as 24-32 bucks for a figure is getting pretty expensive, imo, and space is becoming limited in my nerd dungeon.

Reaction score
Starting to sound like a shill here but BBTS have also added the Wampa and a few Gaming Greats (nothing thats hard to get hold of though).
Above retail pricing again though.

Carbonised Mando in stock too. Kind of need it to say I have every Mando release but even I'm not paying $40 for him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder if theres any chance its ready to ship for the TV show? Unlikely I guess as Yakface would have heard. Then again, the heavy mando came out of nowhere iirc?

The release of the Heavy Infantry Mando is such a curse. They showed they could have a figure ready to drop in time for an episode of a new Star Wars show, and even have it delivered soon after. And after proving it could be done...they've never done it again. I know, I know, Lucasfilm secrecy and all that...but still.

Reaction score
The release of the Heavy Infantry Mando is such a curse. They showed they could have a figure ready to drop in time for an episode of a new Star Wars show, and even have it delivered soon after. And after proving it could be done...they've never done it again. I know, I know, Lucasfilm secrecy and all that...but still.

It is frustrating (Where are our dark troopers?!), but then I see how Hasbro occasionally fails at accuracy even when they have a lot of time, and I don't want them to be rushed or working off of early character designs.

Reaction score
That was a very different time though, long before the issues we're facing today with regards to shipping.

Reaction score
Starting to sound like a shill here but BBTS have also added the Wampa and a few Gaming Greats (nothing thats hard to get hold of though).
Above retail pricing again though.

Carbonised Mando in stock too. Kind of need it to say I have every Mando release but even I'm not paying $40 for him.
Man, I was all excited about the Wampa, and then I see BBTS is charging $60. No thanks.

Reaction score
Yikes. I put in my preorder with BBTS. Really, really hoping this will be for after Christmas! Could do without this wave, the 501st archive wave, the rest of my Rogue One wave and Stormy George hitting my card before new year.

For once I'm happy to wait!